Hurts So Good

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up to the sound of her phone vibrating on her bedside table. She groaned in annoyance, she's been waking up to that irritating noise lately.

"Ah! Why is he calling me this early in the morning?" Jisoo complained when she saw the caller ID. It was her mother's secretary.

"What is it?" She lazily answered the call.

"Good morning Lady Kim." The middle aged man greeted her.

"What do you want?" Jisoo queried.

"Your mother wanted to inform you that she will be there in Bangkok for a week because of a business meeting." Chief Jung said to her.

"So? What makes you think that I would actually care about what she does?" Jisoo recoiled.

"Madame President will be there tomorrow, and after all her schedule there she will fly to Seoul to meet the clients..." Chief Jung explained further.

"So? Which part of I don't care do you not understand?" Jisoo is about to end the call when...

"Lady Kim wait! She wants to tell you that you are going to Seoul with her to meet the clients. That's all, have a good day." As soon as Chief Jung finished talking she immediately ended the call.

Jisoo sprung up from laying on her stomach when she heard Chief Jung's last message.

"What the! Why does she have to take me with her?!" She said to herself.

She laid down again. "Ah! Now I can't get back to sleep! Why do Chief Jung had to ruin my day right at the very beginning?! Ugh! What a nuissance."

Jisoo sat on her bed, browsing her phone then found herself staring at Jennie's contact information.

"Should I call her?" Her thumb is aiming at the call button on Jennie's number.

"Ah! Why would you call her first? You're mad at her!" She slapped herself on the face, then messed up her hair in frustration.

"Yeah right, I'm mad at her... Wait a minute... Why am I mad at her anyway?" Jisoo continues to talk to herself.

"Hmm... I don't know either. Should I go to her house and check on her instead? Yup, great idea." Jisoo then kicked the duvet out of the way and gets out of her bed.

As she made her way out of the house her eyes wandered all over the place looking for something, then she saw Butler Jo approaching.

"Good morning Lady Kim. Are you looking for something?" Butler Jo asked when he noticed her.

"Where's Lisa?" She queried.

"Lady Lisa left early this morning Miss." Butler Jo informed her.

"Did she tell you where would she go?" Jisoo asked him.

"No Miss. She didn't tell me anything. I'm sorry." Butler Jo shook his head.

Jisoo went to her car and left the mansion in no time. On her way to Jennie's house, she noticed Lisa's yellow Ferrari a few meters ahead of her.

She followed the car while keeping a safe distance so she won't be noticed.

Lisa's car eventually stopped outside Jennie's house. She didn't get out of her car, and just stayed outside the house while sitting inside the vehicle for almost fifteen minutes.

"What are you doing Lis?" Jisoo whispered to herself while observing her sister from a safe distance. Then the yellow Ferrari left. 

Jisoo dialed Jennie's number, calling her. After a few rings the latter picked up the call.

"Hello?" Jennie answered the phone, she seems to be out of breath.

"Did you just woke up? Wait... Why are you panting?" Jisoo queried.

"Yes. Why did you call me this early in the morning?" Jennie tried to relax as she retorted.

"I'm outside your house." Jisoo informed her.

"What?! I'm not at home!" 

Jisoo distanced her phone away from her ear when Jennie raised her voice. "What? You just told me that you just woke up! Where are you then?" Jisoo queried.

"Why do you want to know?" Jennie acted stubborn.

"Ah! Because you're my girlfriend, I deserve to know!" Jisoo sounded a little irritated.

"What? Your girlfriend? Are you crazy? I didn't agree to your deal." The other woman tried to reason out.

"Ah! Just tell me where you are, I'm coming to you." Jisoo said to her.

"No!" Jennie then dropped the call.

"Hey! Wha— She ended the call? Ah! This woman is really testing my patience." The irritated woman said as she tossed her phone to the passenger's seat.

She went out of her car and pressed on the doorbell at the Kim's residence. After a few moments Mrs. Kim went out to check who is outside their home.

"Oh Jisoo! What brings you here darling?" Jennie's mom hugged Jisoo.

"Oh hi mom. Is Jennie here?" She politely queried.

"No, she's not here. She went out early, I think she went for a jog. Try looking for her at the park, I'm sure she's there." Mrs. Kim informed her.

"Jogging at the park huh? Thank you mom! I'll get going then." Jisoo excitedly said to the middle aged woman, and quickly went to her car and left.

At the Kim sisters' mansion...

"Lady Kim, what's with the hurry?" Butler Jo noticed that Jisoo quickly ran to her room then went back downstairs wearing a different outfit while carrying a basketball.

"I'm going out for an exercise." She yelled as she ran out of the house.

Jisoo disappeared from Butler Jo's sight in just a few seconds.

She arrived at the park a few minutes later and parked her car near the basketball court then started to look for Jennie on foot.

After a few moments, she gained a sight of a petite woman wearing a gray hoodie and jogging pants walking along the pathway.

She automatically smiled upon realizing that it was Jennie who is walking.

Jisoo took her basketball and dribbled it heading to the other woman's direction. 

"Watch out!" Jisoo yelled as she playfully extended her arms as if she's attempting to pass the ball in her hand, but instead caged Jennie between her and the ball.

The latter gasped upon being startled when she saw the basketball close to her face. Then she slowly turned around to face the person holding it.

"You should be more careful next time, it's not like everyday you get to meet a gorgeous human by an accident." Jisoo smirked and winked at her.

"Ji... Jisoo? How did you know I was here?" Jennie queried, she blushed upon realizing how close their distance is to each other.

"I don't know... I think we have some kind of a connection, 'cause I just came here to play some basketball and the next thing I knew is here we are standing close to each other... Is it the heart maybe?" Jisoo acted like she is actually thinking.

"You came here to play some basketball? Tss. What a lame excuse! I know you have an indoor court in your mansion, why would you bother going here just for that?" Jennie crossed her arms, her eyebrow raised as if she's interrogating the older woman.

Jisoo was taken aback by Jennie's response. She just cleared trying to regain her composure.

"What are you doing here all alone?!" She changed the subject.

"Why? Is it a bad thing to go out jogging on my own?!" Jennie recoiled.

"Uh... What if somebody kidnapped you? They'll think that you're just a child walking on your own!" Jisoo doesn't want to get defeated in an argument with the petite woman.

"Tss. Why would somebody kidnap a mechanic's daughter?! If there is somebody here who has the possibility of getting kidnapped, it would be you!" Jennie raised her eyebrow at the person in front of her.

Jisoo snorted. "Even if they try, they can't. I can take ten people down with just my barehands." She clenched her fist and playfully punched the air, showing off her ‘skills’.

"Tss... I don't believe you." Jennie stomped her feet on the ground as she left Jisoo still standing in place.

"Wha— wait! Hey! Jen!" Jisoo ran after her.

"What?!" She yelled as she turned around looking annoyed.

"Let's play. The loser gets to buy the winner a drink." Jisoo smiled from ear to ear at Jennie while playfully wiggling her eyebrows.

Jennie paused for a moment before considering the offer. "Okay, just one game."

"Just one game." Jisoo showed her heart-shaped smile as she grabbed Jennie's hand and took her to the basketball court.

"So, we'll play a game of twenty-one. Whoever gets the score of twenty-one first, wins the game. Just that simple. Game?" Jisoo tossed the ball to Jennie.

"Game!" The latter playfully replied.

They played for just almost five minutes, and Jisoo already scored twenty-one points in which she won.

"No! We'll play again!" Jennie took the ball from Jisoo's hand.

"What? I thought you said we'll play just one game?" The latter chuckled upon seeing Jennie's competitive side.

"No, that's just a warm-up game." She turned her game face on.

"Tss... You're so cute." Jisoo whispered to herself. 

"Okay, this one is the real game." She gave in to the competitive woman's request.

They played another round. Jisoo is on the verge of winning with twenty points already when suddenly during her final run to the basket, her right foot suddenly slipped and rolled her ankle pretty badly.

Jisoo fell on the floor. She grimaced as she sat on where she fell due to the pain in her ankle.

Jennie immediately ran to her aide. She became worried when Jisoo suddenly fell on the ground and didn't get up.

"Hey, are you alright?!" Her voice is shaking. She got nervous when the latter didn't respond.

"Jisoo, answer me please. What's wrong?" She queried once more as Jisoo covered her face still wincing because of the pain.

"Jisoo!" Jennie is even more worried when the other person doesn't seem to hear her. She cupped Jisoo's face with her small hands as she removed the other person's hand on her face, their eyes eventually meet.

She saw how Jisoo's face turned pale because of the excruciating pain. "Where does it hurt? Tell me Jisoo, I'm worried about you." Her eyes became a little teary as she doesn't know what to do with the current situation.

Seeing Jennie's worried facial expression, Jisoo tried to crack a joke. "Hey stupid, don't cry. I'm not going to die with just a simple injury."

Jennie frowned as she sniffed. Jisoo gently pats the top of the petite woman's head and gave her a smile reassuring the latter that she is fine. "Don't worry, I'll live."

Jennie hugged her as soon as she heard those words, wrapping h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter