This City

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa woke up to the sound of her phone ringing in the middle of the night.

"Hello?" She answered the call half asleep.

"Lady Lisa." Chief Jung uttered from the other line.

"Chief Jung? Why are you calling me this late in the evening?" Lisa queried.

"I'm sorry Miss, I just wanted to inform you that Lady Jisoo is in the hospital right now." The man replied.

"What?! What happened to her?" Lisa was taken aback by Chief Jung's news.

"She got involved in an accident Miss, she got hit by a speeding vehicle to be exact. As of this moment she is being transfered from the recovery room to the VIP room. She's under observation as of now." Chief Jung informed her.

Lisa sighed. She dropped the call and dialed Captain Roger's number.

"Lady Lisa?" Captain Rogers answered the call.

"Captain, we have a flight tomorrow. I'm going to Seoul. Get the plane ready by ten." Lisa ordered their private pilot.

"Okay Ma'am, copy that." Captain Rogers retorted.

"Thank you, see you tomorrow." Lisa said to him before dropping the call.

She is about to put her phone down, but she suddenly remembered Jennie.

"Should I tell her?" Lisa hesitated.

"No, I shouldn't tell her now. I'll tell her in the morning." She said to herself.

The next morning...

Jennie went out of their house and was surprised to find out that Lisa is already waiting for her outside.

"Oh? Hey, what are you doing here?" Jennie approached the woman who is sitting on the hood of her car.

"I'm going to Seoul today." Lisa said to the petite woman while the latter stood in front of her.

"Really? Why?" Jennie nonchalantly asked.

"Jisoo got into an accident last night, and she's under observation as of this moment." Lisa uttered the information to Jennie carefully.

It's as if her face was drained from all of its colors, Jennie's breathing hitched upon hearing the news. 

"How... What... Why?" Jennie can't seem to find the right words to say, she was so shocked with what she just heard.

Lisa moved closer and hugged her. The moment that Lisa wrapped Jennie in her arms, the petite woman suddenly bursted in tears.

"Shhh... She'll be okay, don't worry. You can come with me if you want, I'll take care of my mother." Lisa whispered to her, trying to console the woman.

She kept on crying on Lisa's shoulder that the lanky woman's shirt got drenched of her tears.

She cupped Jennie's face and wiped her tears away with her thumb.

"She's Kim Jisoo remember? She'll be just fine." Lisa said to her while she looked intently in Jennie's eyes then slowly kissed her forehead.

"Prepare your things, I'll send someone as your temporary replacement at the restaurant. I'll come back to pick you up in an hour okay?" Lisa said to her while wiping away her tears.

She accompanied Jennie back to her house before leaving.

Jennie hurriedly went back to her room and packed her stuff. She's wearing the necklace that Jisoo gave her and held the pendant.

"Kim Jisoo, you better not die early or I'll tell the gods to not let you hangout with them." She whispered to herself then wiped her tears.

After she finished packing her stuff, she went outside the house and waited for Lisa.

A few moments later Lisa arrived and went out of the car to open the door for Jennie before circling back to the driver's seat.

"Let's go."  She uttered as she stepped on the accelerator of her car.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the runway of the airport where Captain Rogers is waiting outside the private jet.

"Lady Lisa." Captain Rogers bowed to her.

Lisa just tapped the pilot's shoulder while holding on to Jennie's hand on their way to enter the private aircraft.

They sat beside each other in the plane, and Lisa can't help but notice how the woman beside her kept on fidgeting.

She took Jennie's hand and squeezed it lightly.

"Don't worry too much, I'm sure she'll be fine." Lisa said to the woman with a very soothing tone in her voice.

Jennie took a deep breath, trying to relax herself. She held the flower pendant of her necklace between her thumb and index finger.

"Please be fine, I'll tell you everything that you wanted to hear if you recover quickly." Jennie whispered to the necklace and kissed it.

"Jennie." Lisa tried to wake her up since she fell asleep during the flight.

"Hmn?" Jennie woke up but still in a bit of a daze.

"We're here." The lanky woman uttered.

"Oh, okay." Jennie hurriedly unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Let's go, the car's waiting outside." Lisa reached for the petite woman's hand, and the latter gladly 
took it as she led the way out of the plane and into the car.

"Where to Miss?" The driver asked Lisa.

"To the hotel first." She replied.

Jennie looked at her, and Lisa knew what the other woman wanted to say.

"We'll go to the hospital after we get settled." She squeezed Jennie's hand.

Meanwhile, at the hospital's VIP room...

Chief Jung entered the room and bowed to Rosé who is sitting on Jisoo's bedside, caressing the unconscious woman's face.

"Oh? Chief Jung, you're here." She uttered when she saw the middle aged man enter the room.

"I just came here to check on Lady Kim before we go to Ulsan for a business meeting." Chief Jung said to her.

"Don't worry about her Chief Jung, I'll take good care of her." Rosé smiled, reassuring the man.

"Well then, it seems like you can take care of her very well, I have to leave now. And oh Miss Park, Lady Lisa just arrived here in Seoul a while ago. She will probably visit her sister later." Chief Jung bowed to her then left the room.

Rosé smiled at Chief Jung then diverted her attention to Jisoo.

At the hotel...

"Jen, are you done?" Lisa knocked on Jennie's hotel room door.

"Yes, I'm done. Wait, I'm coming out." The petite woman hurriedly went out of her hotel room to meet Lisa by the elevator.

"Let's go." The lanky woman smiled at her as she hold on to Jennie's hand and entered the lift.

"To the hospital." Lisa told the driver when they entered the car.

They arrived at the hospital in just a few minutes. They went straight to the reception area since they do not know where Jisoo's room is.

"Excuse me, where is Kim Jisoo's room?" Lisa asked the receptionist.

"Kim Jisoo? Oh, that beautiful woman who saved her girlfriend? She's in the VIP room at the fourth floor Miss." The receptionist blushed when she talked to Lisa.

Another employee at the reception pinched her coworker when she heard what the woman just said to Lisa. "Hey! That's not how you handle an inquiry." She looked at Lisa and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry, she's new here. Miss Kim Jisoo is at the fourth floor VIP room."

"Okay, thank you." Lisa smiled at the receptionist then walked towards the elevator with Jennie.

They finally reached the fourth floor as both women stepped out of the elevator.

They walked in the hallway checking each and every door's tag, then they saw Jisoo's name written on the side of the door in one room.

‘Kim Jisoo (김지수)’

"This is it." Lisa looked at Jennie and their eyes eventually meet.

Jennie took a deep breath before Lisa opened the door and they entered the room.

Lisa got surprised when she saw Rosé beside her sister, so she quickly grabbed Jennie's hand.

The silver-haired woman turned around and saw the two of them standing by the door.

"Ooh? Lisa, hi! And you must be her girlfriend, hi my name is Roseanne Park but you can call me Rosé. I'm Jisoo's girlfriend." Rosé approached the newly arrived visitors and reached her hand out to Jennie for a handshake.

"I'm... I'm Jisoo's... Jisoo's friend." Jennie couldn't hide the surprised and devastated look on her face when she heard the silver-haired woman's introduction.

"Jennie huh?" Rosé smirked and gestured them to take a seat.

"Come, take a seat." Then she went back to sit on Jisoo's bedside and held her hand.

"Tell me what happened?" Lisa asked the woman while Jennie and her both sat on the couch.

"What happened is that Jisoo and I were having a fight, you know what lovers usually do. I told her not to follow me when I ran away from her but she likes me so much that she can't even let me go just for a second. I was crossing the road when a speeding delivery van came out of nowhere. It was about to hit me but Jisoo caught me before the car could, she protected me with her body and saved me. It should've been me who's lying on that bed right now if it wasn't because of her." Rosé uttered while wiping her nonexistent tears.

"You know what Park, I know my sister all too well that I figured out right away that the first half of your story were nothing but lies." Lisa calmly said to the ‘teary-eyed’ woman while she looked at her with a piercing look in her eyes.

Jennie looked shocked at how Lisa reacted to the information that the silver-haired woman gave them.

"What do you mean by lies? How can you say that I'm lying when the proof is right here lying on this hospital bed, still unconscious." Rosé was taken aback by what Lisa said to her.

"I've known my sister for as long as I can remember, and I'm telling you... Jisoo isn't the type of person who follows someone right after a fight just so she could talk to you. Unless... you are really tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter