Dancing With A Stranger

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie, there you are. I was looking everywhere for you." Lisa uttered when she saw the petite woman walking down the stairs.

Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw Jennie's face.

"What— Oh, I get it." She stopped herself from asking the woman a question when she realized what's going on.

Lisa took her black striped suit off and hanged it on Jennie's shoulders.

"I-I don't know what to say." She mumbled.

Jennie looked at her and gave her a forced smile. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything."

"Sorry." The lanky woman uttered.

Jennie continued on walking and smiled. Her eyes is swollen from crying and she had her makeup removed since she washed her face before she went downstairs.

"Do you want to go for a drink?" Lisa queried.

The petite woman gave her another tight-lipped smile. "Yeah, I could use one."

Lisa held her hand and lead the way back to the venue.

She pulled a chair for Jennie, then sat beside her as she called the attention of the waiter.

"A bottle of wine please." The lanky woman ordered.

All of a sudden Soojin and Kai appeared out of nowhere. Jennie's bestfriend lightly smacked her on the shoulder.

"There you are! I was worried about you, where have you been?" Soojin queried as they both sat across the two women.

Lisa glanced at the woman beside her, then shifted her gaze to Soojin. 

"Ah! Do you want to have a drink?" She diverted the bestfriend's attention to her.

"Drink? You mean alcohol? Yeah sure! I'll have some tequila shots or some vodka mixed something please!" Soojin enthusiastically uttered.

Kai smacked her lightly on the shoulder. "Hey drunkard! This isn't your ordinary party, this is a party for people with class so act like one would you?"

His cousin glared at him and smacked him hard at the back of his head. "Hey old man! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, might as well enjoy the privilege of having to taste expensive alcoholic drinks for free! Am I right Jen?" Soojin grinned like a lunatic at her.

Jennie just nodded and gave her a smile. The waiter returned with two wine glasses and a bottle of wine in a steel tray.

"Please give us a bottle of tequila and some cocktail with vodka as well, thank you." Lisa told the waiter.

"Wine? Pshh! You should drink hard right away and enjoy the evening!" Soojin threw her hands up in the air which hit Kai on the face.

"Ya! Can you stop acting like an ignorant? You're embarassing me!" Kai reprimanded her.

Lisa poured some wine to their glasses and immediately took a sip.
The petite woman on the other hand just sat there while staring at the glass, tracing the edge with her fingertip when all of a sudden the host played the piano and started singing.

"Can I have this dance?" Lisa reached her hand out to Jennie, inviting her to the dance floor.

Jennie reluctantly took the lanky woman's hand, but when she saw that Jisoo just entered the room and is on her way towards them, she immediately agreed to the invitation.

Lisa held the woman's hand as they walked to the center of the dance floor, where many couples danced along with the slow music. She held Jennie's hand in one hand, while the other is on the petite woman's lower back.

"You spent almost a whole day preparing for this event, but I guess you look the prettiest when you're just you. No makeup, no nothing just the real you." Lisa uttered each word softly that would've swept any other girls off of their feet. But Jennie Kim isn't any other girl. She is way over it.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better, when the truth is that I look like crap right now." Jennie retorted.

"Jen, you look perfect tonight." Lisa said to her while looking at the woman intently in the eyes.

The latter didn't respond to it and broke their eye contact. The moment that her eyes strayed away from the woman in front of her, she saw Jisoo standing in the corner, looking at them as they slowly danced along with the soft music.

"Jennie, I'm willing to wait for you until you fall in love with me too." Lisa whispered in her ear as they danced.

Jennie looked away from Jisoo and closed her eyes as she leaned on Lisa's shoulder.

"I just want to forget everything." The woman murmured as her tears began to fall again.

The lanky woman lets go of Jennie's hand and hugged her completely while dancing.

"You can't forget her, but you can move on and I'll help you with that." Lisa uttered and kissed the woman on the forehead.

The song ended and Jennie immediately removed herself away from Lisa's embrace. The latter held her hand and took her back to their table.

"Congratulations Jisoo! Wow dude, you hit t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter