Enchanted

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV


SUMMER 2019

"Jen! Jen! Jennie!" I woke up to my best friend's loud voice calling me while I was sleeping. Her name is Soojin we have been friends since childhood and since then we decided to stick with each other forever as we treated each other like sisters.

"What?!" Startled, I jumped out of bed when I heard the loud noise.

Soojin opened the door and found herself sitting at the edge of my bed.

"I got some news for you! I'm sure you're going to like it." Soojin excitedly said.

Still drowsy I asked her... "What is it? You better be sure this is a good news or else I'm going to cut your precious hair short!" Yup, you heard that right, Soojin doesn't like the idea of cutting her hair short. She says it's what makes her beautiful. I don't know about that because even if she turns bald, I'm sure she'll still be pretty as hell.

My best friend took one long breath before saying- "Your puppy love is back! And she's not just a cutie anymore, she is GORGEOUS, she is TALL, she is HOT and she IS BACK!" Soojin emphasized every notable detail of the person that she was talking about.

Surprised of what I just heard, I spaced out for a long time and I just felt my best friend's hand pinching me on my cheek. So I snapped out of it.

"Lisa's back?" That was all I could say at the moment. What? I was surprised.

"Yes! And she didn't came back alone. I heard her sister, Jisoo, is with her too." Soojin added.

"What?! The devil is back too?!" My eyes widen to my surprise.

"Yup, the GORGEOUS devil is back." Soojin said dreamily.

I hate that girl named Jisoo with all of my entire being, she is arrogant beyond belief. I wonder if she changed already. I mean, she is a bully and an absolute pain in the . She vents on people for no reason at all, she destroys things just because she feels like it. The only person that she treats like a human being is her fraternal twin, my love Lisa. She's the only person who can stand Jisoo, even at her worst.

"Get out of bed sweetheart 'cuz we are about to go get your woman!" Soojin said with enthusiasm.

As I was taking a bath, my mind flew back to summer of 2005 when I first met the love of my life.

Soojin and I went to the park near the lake where our 8 year old selves were playing by the swing when an older girl stood in front of me. It took me by surprise when she grabbed the heels of my shoes all of a sudden, pulled them off from my feet, and without a second thought she threw my shoes into the lake.

Flustered by what she did, my 8 year old self stood up in front of her and punched that ill-mannered girl's face without regret. This smirking arrogant girl got caught off guard and found herself seated on the ground. She was about to hit me, so I closed my eyes preparing to get punched back when another girl caught her arm to stop her from hitting me.

"Jisoo stop it!" The other girl yelled at her.

"She punched me first Lisa!" The ill-mannered girl annoyingly said.

"You started it! Why on earth would you grab somebody's shoes and throw them into the lake without a reason?" The other girl reasoned out.

I opened my eyes and found these two older girls arguing, while the girl who threw my shoes got her right hand held by the person she was arguing with. The next thing I knew is that the ill-mannered girl was already walking away from the scene kicking the sand looking annoyed while walking out of our sight.

"I'm so sorry for what my sister did, I really am." This kind girl said to me.

I looked up and saw the most gorgeous face I could only see at my young age, I was lost for words, she smiled at me and you'll know from that smile that she is a kind young person.

"Here, wear this for the meantime." She took off her shoes and knelt on one leg as she tried to help me wear her shoes because I am now standing on barefeet, thanks to that spawn of the devil that just left.

"The name's Lisa, and that kid who threw your shoes away is my sister, Jisoo. I'm sorry for what she did, I truly am. Here, let me buy you a new pair but for the meantime wear mine." This pretty girl said.

"But... What about you? Your feet are bare, are you going to walk like that?" I asked her. The pavement was scorching hot that time, and it would hurt walking on a hot street.

"I'm fine, a lady should never walk on the street barefooted." She replied while looking at me, and smiled.

And from that moment on she just melted my heart away. Sounds cheesy right? I know, but it's the truth. She really swept me off of my feet.

"Jen! What's taking you so long?! You've been in the shower for 30 minutes now!" Soojin yelled so loudly that I am absolutely sure that our neighbor could hear her.

I've been in the shower for 30 minutes?! I must've been spacing out for too long.

"Just a second! I'm coming out!" I replied to let Soojin know.

When I came out of the shower my clothes were already on my bed.

"This is what you're going to wear today when we go out, so that Lisa will notice you. Well, if you happen to see her today though." Soojin demanded.

"Okay." I nodded. Why do I feel like she's more excited of this meeting than I do?

Soojin helped me with fixing my hair. She also insisted that I should put on a light makeup on my face to you know- enhance my beauty and stuff.

"Soojin! Your cousin is looking for you!" Somebody downstairs yelled.

"Okay! I'm coming!" My best friend replied.

"Sorry Jen, I almost forgot that my cousin and I have an appointment today. Can't help you fetch your woman." Soojin explained.

"It's fine, I'll just hang around the park, maybe she'll be there too."
I reassured my best friend.

"Come! Let's get out of the house together." I added. I'm finished with my preparations anyway.

Soojin and I walked out of the house together. We saw her cousin, Kai, waiting for her inside the car.

"Hi Jen! You look beautiful today." Kai greeted me with a friendly smile on his face.

I smiled back at him. "Good morning Kai."

"Bye Jen! I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Soojin kissed me on my cheek before getting inside the car.

"Okay. Bye Soojin, bye Kai. Take care! And oh- Kai? Drive safely okay?" I waved at the two of them.

"Sure thing my princess." Kai replied and winked at me.

As soon as their car left, I went back inside and ate my breakfast. The thought of Lisa crossed my mind. How is she? And why did it took her 14 years to come back to this place?

After my hearty full of Lisa thoughts meal, I placed the dishes on to the dishwasher and left the house.

While I was walking towards the swing where Lisa and I first met, I noticed a woman wearing a black shirt and ripped jeans under a tree sleeping. Half of her face was covered by her left arm. I swear by the shape of her beautifully shaped pointed nose, and pinkish lips- that I know the woman who is sleeping under the tree.

Co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter