Say You Like Me

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah Lalisa!" Jisoo scratched the back of her head. Jennie just looked at her wondering what's wrong.

"She just left us." She told Jennie that Lisa just left the airport without them.

"What?!" Jennie who seems to be wandering her eyes all over the parking lot stopped what she was doing for a moment, when she heard Jisoo utter those words.

Jisoo glanced at Jennie who looks worried. "I said, she just drove away without us." She enunciated each word.

"Oh no. What should I do?" Jennie murmured to herself.

Jisoo raised an eyebrow then turned to face the woman when she heard Jennie uttering those words. She slightly tilted her head to the right with both her arms crossed.

"Why do you look so worried? It's not like she doesn't know her way home." She smirked at the woman who refused to even take a glance at her.

"Stupid! I'm not worried about that!" Jennie snapped as she turned to face Jisoo, and glared at her.

The latter scoffed looking down at the woman returning her gaze with her arms still crossed. "Then what are you whining about?"

Jennie bit her lower lip in annoyance trying so hard not to burst in anger.

"How will I go home when our ride just left us?" She uttered with her teeth clenched.

Jisoo seems to be enjoying Jennie's facial expression since she covered with both hands just to prevent herself from laughing out loud.

"Do you think this is funny?" Jennie glared at her.

"Oh no, cetainly not!" Jisoo sarcastically replied.

"It's just that— you look like a dumpling. Steamed when you're calm, fried when you're angry." Jisoo said playfully to her.

"What did you say—" Jennie was about to snap at her again, when Jisoo shushed her with her index finger pressed against Jennie's lips.

"Be quiet, I'm calling our driver to send me my car." Jisoo explained with her other hand on her phone trying to reach someone on the other line.

"Mr. Chen? Umm... Could you please send me my car here I'm at the airport... Yes, the Lambo please... Okay,  I'll just wait here at the departure area. Thank you Mr. Chen." Jisoo then dropped the call.

She returned her gaze at Jennie and removed her index finger from her lips, while putting her phone back in her pocket.

"Mr. Chen said he'll be here in 10 minutes." Jisoo told her.

"Who's Mr. Chen?" Jennie queried.

"Our driver... We have to wait for him here so stay put." Jisoo demanded.

Jennie rolled her eyes at Jisoo. "No thank you. I can go home by myself." She crossed her arms.

Jisoo just looked at Jennie from head to toe with her hand cupping her chin, and her other hand across her torso supporting her elbow.

"Uh-huh..." She just looked at her up and down.

Jennie gasped when she saw what Jisoo was doing. "What now?!"

Jisoo then put both of her hands in her pocket. "Well— as far as I know you only brought yourself when we came here. You don't even have a phone with you. So, how can you go home with nothing on you?" She waved her hand around to Jennie as if she's casting a spell.

"What are you talking abou—" Jennie checked her pockets but to her disappointment she didn't find anything.

Jisoo smirked when she saw Jennie's reaction to finding out that she didn't have anything with her.

Jennie who refused to be defeated by this smirking woman acted stubborn and started to walk, leaving Jisoo still standing at the departure area.

Jisoo scratched the back of her head. "This woman is really stubborn, jeez! Mmkay! If that's what you want then suit yourself." She looked at Jennie who is walking futher away leaving the airport.

A few moments later, a car stopped by in front of Jisoo then a man wearing a suit came out.

"Lady Kim, here is your car." The man who is wearing a suit told Jisoo.

She then walked towards the man then went inside the car. She rolled the car window down... "How about you Mr. Chen? How will you get back?" Jisoo queried at the middle aged man.

"I'll be fine Miss, my son is in the car right behind yours." Mr. Chen waved at the black Mitsubishi behind Jisoo's Lamborghini.

"Oh okay, thanks Mr. Chen." Then she rolled up the car window and drove away.

"Now where could this stubborn woman be." She murmured as she drove slowly trying to locate Jennie from the side of the road.

After a few minutes, she found Jennie.

"Hah! Target spotted." Jisoo increased her speed to get to the woman when a red Audi SUV stopped next to her.

"Hey miss! Do you need a ride?" The guy from the passenger's seat called Jennie.

The woman turned down the guy's offer politely. "No thank you."

"Come on! Are you sure you wanted to walk? It's a long deserted road ahead. No one will offer you a ride again." The other guy at the backseat is trying to convince her.

"I'm fine, really. So go on ahead to wherever you guys are headed to. Thanks for the offer though." She smiled then continued to walk.

But the guy at the backseat jumped out of the car then went to Jennie and placed his arms around the woman's shoulder.

She tried to get the guy's arm off of her shoulders but he tightened his grip. "Get off me!" She protested.

"Come on! We're offering you a free ride Miss!" He insisted.

"I told you I'm fine!" Her voice is starting to shake.

"Come on it's— Ahh! Ahh! Ahh!" The next thing Jennie knew is Jisoo already got a grip of the guy's hand twisting it that caused the guy to cry in pain.

"Didn't you hear what the lady just said?!" Jisoo yelled at the guy while twisting his hand even more.

The two guys from the car went out to rescue their friend from Jisoo's grip, then the driver went back to the car to get something.

Jisoo heard a loud clicking noise from the back of her head. Jennie gasped when she saw that one of the men is pointing a gun at Jisoo.

"My father is the vice president of the KJL Group of Companies, he's a powerful man. Do you know why? Because that company owns almost all of the business properties here in Thailand and overseas. So, if I shoot you down right here right now I won't ever go to jail. Do you know why? Because we're rich! So let go of his hand before I—" The guy who was pointing the gun at the back of Jisoo's head stopped talking when she faced him. She grabbed the nozzle of the gun— holding it firmly, now pointed at her forehead while still twisting the other guy's hand.

"Go on shoot." Jisoo calmly provoked him.

"Jisoo!" Jennie grabbed Jisoo's hand and squeezed it, she's now trembling in fear.

"Go on... I dare you. Shoot." Jisoo is still provoking the guy.

He let go of his grip from the weapon while Jisoo is holding it still. She then threw the gun to the side and let go of the other guy's hand. The next thing Jennie knew is that the three guys were kneeling and bowing in front of Jisoo.

"We are sorry Lady Kim!" The three guys said in unison as they bowed down to her. Fear can be seen into their eyes as they apologized to Jisoo who looks so relaxed.

"Lady Kim?" Jennie thought to herself. "What's going on here?" She queried.

"Oh nothing. Let's go." She grabbed Jennie's hand who is still in shock of what happened and guided the woman to her car. As soon as Jennie is inside, she then walked to the driver's side, but before going in, she stopped for a moment and said something to the three guys who are still kneeling, their heads down and looking at the ground.

"I'll summon your father for a private meeting." Jisoo told the guy who just boasted their wealth at her a while ago, then she went inside the car and drove away.

On their way to Jennie's home...

"Jisoo?" The woman at the passenger's seat called Jisoo who is busy driving the car.

"Hmm?" She hummed in response.

Jennie shifted her sitting position to face her. "About what happened earlier..."

"Hmm? What about it?" Jisoo queried then took a quick glance at her.

"Weren't you scared? He could've shot you." She said with a worried expression on her face.

"He could've, but he didn't. And no, I'm not scared of getting shot." She replied without looking at Jennie.

"Then what are you scared of?" The petite woman asked out of curiousity.

Jisoo took another glance at her. "I'm scared that you might get hurt."

She then returned her focus on the road. Jennie was dumbfounded by what she just heard that she subconciously looked away and smiled.

"We're here." Jisoo announced, then she went out of the vehicle and circled around to open the door for Jennie.

"Thanks for taking me home." She said softly and smiled at Jisoo for the first time. Jennie was about to get off the car when her seatbelt got stuck.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo asked the woman who seems to be struggling with the buckle.

"I think the seatbelt's stuck." Jennie told her.

Jisoo leaned inside the car with the petite woman still seated inside. "Let me help you with that."

Her face were so close to Jennie's that they can feel each others' breaths.

"There you go." She successfully unfastened the seatbelt but when she turned to look at Jennie the tip of their noses accidentally touched each other.

They froze for a moment as both their eyes widen staring directly at each other. Jisoo then tried to stand straight withdrawing the closeness of his face to Jennie's when she bumped the back of her head at the ceiling of the car.

"Oww!" She exclaimed.

The sudden noise brought Jennie back to reality.

"Oh my god are you okay?!" She queried when she saw Jisoo scratching the back of her head.

"Yeah I'm fine... The seatbelt's already unfastened." Jisoo gestured while her other hand is inserted in the back pocket of her pants.

Jennie then got out of the car then walked to the gate. "Thanks— and goodnight... Jisoo." She smiled shyly at her then went inside.

"Goodnight." Jisoo murmured getting inside her car and driving aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter