If I Lose Myself

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie woke up with a terrible hangover. Everything around her seems to be spinning when she opened her eyes.

She looked around and was surprised to find out that she's already in her hotel room.

"I don't remember returning here last night." She sat up and leaned her back on the headboard.

"I think I just out... I don't even remember anything that happened last night. Oww!" Then she saw a glass of water and a pill with a note on the bedside table.

“Take this, you drank too much last night that you passed out. I'm pretty sure that you're having a terrible headache right now.

Call me when you're feeling better.

-Lisa”

"So she's the one that brought me here." Jennie uttered as she put the note back on the table.

Then her eyes widen upon the realization. "Oh my gosh! What happened last night? ! Did I embarrass myself in front of Lisa again?" She slowly covered her face with the palm of her hand as she's trying to recall what she did last night.

Then she took her phone from her purse and saw a text message from the unregistered number.

From: +821*********
Hey crazy! What are you doing right now? Thanks to you I didn't get any sleep because I kept on thinking about what you said last night.

Jennie was dumbfounded by the message. "Oh my god. What did I just do?"

She scanned through her call log and saw the number on it. Then she decided to reply to the message.

From: Jennie 🖤

I don't exactly remember what I did last night but I'm sorry anyway. Can I ask who you are first? Your number isn't registered in my phone.

Jisoo smiled unconsciously when she saw the woman's reply.

"Well someone is happy." The doctor who just entered the room said to her.

"Where's Miss Park?" The doctor queried as he checked Jisoo's wound dressing.

"Ah... I sent her back to her hotel to rest last night, she'll be back later." Jisoo retorted while her eyes is still glued on her phone screen.

"Oh okay. Seeing how fast your recovery is, you can actually go home either today or tomorrow. But you still need to put a dressing on your head to prevent the infection." The doctor informed her while changing the dressing on her head.

"Who is that?" The doctor asked.

"Huh? Oh. Some crazy person who called me last night." Jisoo said to the doctor and smiled.

"Well it seems like that crazy person is special to you." Her doctor retorted.

"Really? Well if I come to think of it, I really feel like we have this some kind of special connection but I just can't figure out what it is yet. I realized it when I heard her voice last night, she was so loud but it feels like I'm listening to some kind of music that I got addicted to. Have you ever felt that before doc?" Jisoo uttered.

"Yes I have. When I listen to my wife even though she's nagging it sounds like a sweet music to my ears." The doctor just can't help but laugh when he thought of his wife.

Then all of a sudden Jisoo's phone rang. Jennie is calling her. She jerked up from being seated when her phone vibrated that it almost slipped from her hand.

"I—I— what should I do uh... I can't let her hear my voice or she'll recognize me. Uh... Here! Doc! Answer that call for me." Jisoo gave the phone to her doctor.

Then the man answered the call and put it on loud speaker mode."Hello?"

"Oh hi! Umm... About last night, I'm sorry about what I did. May I ask for your name please?" Jennie politely asked the man on the other line.

The doctor looked at Jisoo. Then the latter looked around for something to use as her made up name. Her eyes suddenly caught her own reflection in the mirror, then she took the doctor's pen and wrote something on a piece of tissue.

Tell her, just call me GORGEOUS.

She gave the tissue to him and the doctor snorted upon receiving it. He tries to prevent himself from laughing when he saw how confident Jisoo looked, when she handed the tissue to him.

"Uh... People call me gorgeous so you can use that as my codename as well." The doctor's eyes became teary when he said it to the woman on the other line. He's trying to mimic a woman's voice.

Then they heard Jennie chuckle on the other end of the call. "Gorgeous Do people seriously call you that?" 

Jisoo glared at the doctor and whispered. "Say something!"

"Oh umm... I'm kinda busy, so how about we just message each other okay?" The doctor said to the woman and Jisoo gave him a thumbs up.

"Huh? Why would I message you again?" Jennie asked.

Jisoo frowned when she heard what the woman just said.

"Umm... Just in case you wanted someone to talk to, I'll be here willing to read your message." The doctor uttered then Jisoo leaned back comfortably on the inclined bed and smiled.

"Hmn... I'll think about it." Jennie uttered then ended the call.

Jisoo snatched the phone from the doctor's hand.

"What did she say? She'll think about it?! Huh! She's given this once in a lifetime opportunity to get to message me and she'll think about it?!" She protested and crossed her arms like a stubborn kid.

The doctor smiled, amused at his patient's childish behaviour.

"Well take it easy, or you'll never get out of this hospital any time soon." The doctor warned her then left the room.

She then decided to send the woman a message.

To: Jennie 🖤

Let me ask you something.

After a few moments she got a reply.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter