These Days

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's POV

I woke up to the loud noise of someone unfamiliar to me.

"That monotonous woman, I'll get back at her for sure next time! Lisa, you just dug your own grave!"

Ah! Who is this noisy woman? As I slowly opened my eyes, I looked around and the first thing that I saw is the heart monitor beside me and the IV needle stuck on my hand.

"What am I doing here?" I asked the irritating woman inside the room.

She looked at me. "Oh? You're awake!"

Is she blind? Of course I'm awake. Her voice is really irritating. I don't know where she's going but she quickly went to the door. Is she the nurse? Well, I'll tell the owner of this hospital to fire her. Damn she's annoying.

"Who are you?" I asked her. She stopped her steps then turned around and looked at me as if she saw a ghost.

"Huh?" She looked really confused while looking at me.

Damn, I really hate repeating myself over and over again. Is she deaf or something?

"Are you deaf? I said who are you?" I said to her with an annoyed tone in my voice. Because I am annoyed. Ugh!

She looked at me even weirder as she slowly walked to my bedside.

"Don't you remember me?" She asked.

Ah! If I knew her would I even bother asking? How can she be so stupid at the same time?

I sighed, this is getting really annoying. "Why should I remember you? And where am I? Why am I here?"

Then she looked at me and said...
"Don't you remember? You got hit by a car because you tried to save me."

I got hit by a what? I don't even remember her. I kept on thinking on what she's talking about.

"And why would I save you?" I asked her since I don't even get myself, why would I save someone like her? Not that I'd let someone die, but come on! There will be one less beautiful creation in the world if I perished.

It took her a few moments before answering my question then she lets out a heavy sigh and told me... "Because I'm... I'm your girlfriend."

She's my what?! I have a girlfriend? I looked at her and studied her face. Yeah, she's kinda pretty but I don't think that she's qualified to be my girlfriend. I mean, I'm too gorgeous for my own good. I don't even deserve myself.

"What?" I asked her.

"You got hit by a delivery van because we had a fight and I ran away from you but you followed me. I told you to go away but you followed me still until I crossed an intersection and a speeding vehicle came out of nowhere, you caught me before it hit the both of us. I didn't get any injuries aside from a few scratches and bruises because you protected me with your own body." She explained what happened during the accident to me.

"Aside from that story, is there any proof that you and I really are in a relationship?" I asked her. Because there's no way that I could be in a relationship with her. Damn! Really? Me? Dating her? 

Just her height alone definitely failed my standards. She's too tall for me, I don't want to look like a midget when we go out on dates.

Then she took her phone out and searched for something then showed me a photo. It is me sleeping and she's beside me. You know like girlfriends on the internet who likes taking pictures of their partners while sleeping? Yeah, that looks like it.

"Remember this day? You woke up so late that I brought you breakfast in bed. Then later that day we went on a trip to Vivaldi and checked in at The Park Hotel near the ski resort." She explained it to me and what happened right after that day.

I looked at her and kept on thinking, I just can't remember this person but I do remember going to a ski resort with a woman. I even sang a song for her while I played the piano. How come I remember that, but not the person?

"Vivaldi, ski resort... I think I remember." I uttered. I'm not a hundred percent sure about her but if she's telling me the truth, then I can't risk hurting her feelings by not welcoming her back to me.

I grabbed her phone and put it aside while I took her by the hand. Wow, this woman really has soft but tiny hands and I think it's weird because it feels like this is not the hand that I used to hold.

Despite all those holes in my memory, I still pulled her closer and gave her a hug anyway as I whispered in her ear..."I'm glad you're okay. I don't really remember your face, but I do remember the memories of the places that we've been to."

Then she smiled at me and hugged me back. It even feels weirder because I don't feel anything special when I hugged her.

Like, no butterflies. No exciting feeling and I feel really uninterested towards her. Maybe it's just my mind messing with me. But... She doesn't feel like home.

"You don't know how worried I am of you." She whispered to me.

Then she pulled back as we hold each other's hands.

"I have to call the doctor. I have to inform him that you already gained your conciousness." She uttered and I just smiled at her as she left the room.

A few moments later, she returned with the doctor with her.

"Hello Miss Kim, I am Dr. Yoo Ji Hong. Now, Miss Park told me that you are having a slight memory loss particularly in remembering people's faces. She told me that you weren't able to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter