The Last Time

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa finally arrived in Nan Province after long hours of driving across the country.

She checked-in at a hotel first then slept for a couple of hours before she headed out to find Jennie.

Lisa went to the temple that Jennie mentioned on the call even though she knew that the possibility of the woman being there is slim since she went there yesterday with Kai. And she was right, there are no signs of Jennie anywhere in that temple, so Lisa decided to take a stroll along the streets of Nan in her car.

She went to the busy streets, the less crowded streets and even went to a vineyard tour hoping that she might accidentally bump into the woman.

But luck isn't really in Lisa's favor, she spent her time all day looking for Jennie and didn't even get a single clue on the woman's whereabouts.

The next day, while she was busy drinking her morning cup of coffee at the hotel's dining area something caught her attention. She saw the man at the other table in front of her reading a newspaper and a particular image seemed familiar to her.

Lisa quickly called the waiter's attention and pointed at the newspaper that the other man is holding.

"Can you give me a copy of that newspaper please?"

The waiter nodded and took a copy from the newstand.

"Here you go ma'am." The waiter uttered.

"Thanks."

She hurriedly turned the page to where the man in front of her is reading.

"Jennie." She murmured.

Lisa still doesn't have a single clue where the woman really is but she felt like she had achieved something already. That alone made her want to look for her even more.

At the Kim's farm...

"Jennie honey! Can you deliver this vegetables to the house with a white fence. He ordered this last night."

Jennie's grandmother asked her while Mr. Kim is putting the bag of vegetables in the basket of his daughter's bicycle.

"Here 'ya go honey. Careful on the way okay?"

Mr. Kim then went back to watering the crops at the farm.

"Is this already paid?" Jennie queried.

Her grandmother shook her head.

"Not yet honey, you can collect the payment once you delivered the vegetables. Careful on the way." Her grandma uttered.

"Okay." She nodded.

 Then she went outside to get her bike.

After a few minutes, Jennie arrived at the house with a white fence.

She saw a bearded middle aged man who is busy tending the flowers in his garden.

"Umm... Excuse me sir." Jennie called the man's attention.

He looked at the petite woman and smiled. He is wearing a gardening hat and a blue checkered long sleeves shirt.

"Oh hi, good morning!" He greeted Jennie.

"Good morning sir. My grandma told me that you ordered some vegetables from her, I'm here to deliver it to you." The petite woman uttered then she took the bag of vegetables from the basket.

The middle aged man removed his hat and placed it on the bench nearby.
Jennie looked at him as if she is studying the man's face.

He took some bills in his pocket and gave it to the woman.

The man smiled at Jennie again when he noticed that she is staring at his face. 

He then took the paper bag from Jennie.

"Thank you for the vegetables Miss..."

"Jennie... Just call me Jennie, sir." She uttered, snapping out from her reverie.

The man extended his arm for a handshake to the petite woman.

"Well, just call me uncle Tae-Pyeong. Nice to meet you Jennie."

She shook the man's hand and smiled at him.

Jennie then looked at the flowers that he's tending. The middle aged man looked at the direction where the petite woman is looking.

"Ah, I just moved here yesterday and I saw that the flowers needed some tending so I'm doing it right now for fun." The middle aged man uttered.

Jennie looked at him slightly intrigued.

"You just moved here yesterday? Aren't you tired from moving in?" She queried.

The man chuckled as he placed the paper bag on the bench.

"Actually, I still have a jet lag but I'm not really a fan of doing nothing." He replied. 

He took the gardening shears on the ground and cut the stem of the flowers that he's tending.

He gave it to Jennie and she gladly took it.

"White rose, it's so pretty." Jennie uttered.

 She smelled it and gave the middle aged man a huge gummy smile.

"Yes, just like you. You're a beautiful young lady, your future father-in-law must be proud of you." Uncle Tae-Pyeong said to her.

The petite woman just chuckled, a little embarassed at his comment.

"Well, that won't be happening any time soon." She jested.

The middle aged man chuckled at her reply, then he took the hat from the bench and put it on his head.

"Well, you made quite a great impression on me already. I'd love to be that future father-in-law." He jested.

Jennie laughed at the middle aged man's statement.

"You're funny sir, if your son heard you right now I bet he'd decline the thought right away." Jennie said to him, still amused at his comment.

He then reached for his pocket once again and gave an additional money to the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter