All Too Well

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

I didn't think that it would actually hurt me saying those words to Lisa, the look on her face made me want to hug her and comfort her but I can't do that. I have to do this for everybody else, I have to take it seriously. I made a deal with their mother, and it would take a certain miracle for me to actually break that without any damage.

"Jennie honey, what's wrong with you?" I heard my mom call my name, I forgot that I am eating my breakfast with my parents and grandma.

"Oh– nothing I'm just you know, still sleepy." I tried to make an excuse.

Then my grandma looked at me. "Well, you have to get used to waking up early my dear. And ooh don't forget to deliver those vegetables at the house with the white fence." Grandma pointed at the paper bag that is on top of the kitchen counter.

"He ordered again? I thought you don't accept small orders grandma?" I asked her. I mean all I know is that grandma sells the farm crops by bulk so I didn't expect her to ask me for another delivery again to that place.

"Don't be silly dear, that customer is really nice towards us. He even offered to buy me a new delivery truck for the farm." My grandma uttered.

Seriously? I mean that man in which I think is a few years older than my dad seems nice but I don't think he'll actually buy my grandma a new delivery truck, that seems kinda sketchy given that he just moved here a couple of days ago.

"Isn't he a bit sketchy grandma? I mean you don't even know his name right?"

My parents looked at my grandma then they all looked at me.

"What?" I asked them.

"Nothing honey, just eat your breakfast and deliver those vegetables okay?" My mom uttered.

Why are they acting so weird today? 

So after eating my breakfast I took the paper bag full of vegetables on the kitchen counter and placed it on the basket at the front of my bike.

"Baby, don't make him pay for those okay?" My dad told me before I left.

What? Are they friends with him now? Well that was quick.

"Okay." I replied then pedaled away from my dad.

After a few minutes and I finally reached the house with a white fence. I saw Uncle Tae-Pyeong sitting on the bench at the front porch reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee beside him.

"Good morning sir!" I greeted him to call his attention.

He put the newspaper that he was reading down and smiled as he gestured me to get inside the gate.

There's just something about this man that seems familiar, I don't know if it's his smile or his eyes or the way he talks. There's really something familiar about him that reminds me of a certain someone but I couldn't point my finger on what is it.

"Ah! My favorite delivery girl is here. Good morning Jennie! I told you, just call me Uncle Tae-Pyeong or you can call me dad too since you are my ideal daughter-in-law." Uncle Tae-Pyeong chuckled.

What is up with him? He keeps on calling me that. I don't know if I should be creeped out or be flattered about it. But he seems like a really nice man, too nice actually like he doesn't radiate any negative auras at all.

What's strange is that I don't feel awkward or creeped out by him. He's just totally giving me this dad vibes just like when I am with my dad, it's pretty strange. Not to discredit my dad's looks but Uncle Tae-Pyeong is really good-looking, like seriously even though half of his face is covered with his beard. I bet his kids are really good-looking as well, based on how he looks right now even with his age.

"If your son is here he'd be mad at you sir for insisting me as your daughter-in-law." I told him.

I walked towards him while carrying the vegetables that he ordered. He stood up from his seat and took the paper bag from me.

"No, I think if my kids sees you they'll thank the gods that I am their dad." Uncle Tae-Pyeong uttered as he placed the paper bag on top of the coffee table.

Then he pointed at the vacant chair beside the coffee table and gestured me to take a seat.

"Can you stay here for a couple of minutes? I really want to get to know you more, you seem like an interesting kid." He said to me.

I chuckled as I sat on the chair that he was pointing, why does this feel like I am applying for something.

"Do you want some coffee or anything?" He asked me.

I shook my head and gave him a smile. "No, it's fine sir I just ate my breakfast

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter