Feels Like Home

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

These past few weeks has been a strange event for me. Jisoo has been acting different towards me lately, I mean in a good way. We rarely had fights this past few weeks, she's been so sweet to me that I sometimes forget that she's the spawn of the devil.

Ever since Lisa left, Jisoo has been acting strange. The old Jisoo is nowhere to be found and I gotta say, I am actually liking the idea of her treating me like this, minus the expensive stuff that she does for me.

I don't know how rich she is and I don't really care. Her attitude alone makes up for everything even if she doesn't have anything.

I've been having a strange feeling lately too. I get a little irritated when she's around and I feel empty when she's not. Is that even normal?

I don't know what they call it but whenever she says something unexpectedly sweet, my lungs feels like they are about to explode if I don't scream.

Now we're back in Thailand. I hope she doesn't remember the deal that we made when we went to Korea, because I am not really good at lying. How can I deny the fact that I actually did lose to her when I kissed her three times already? Yes, you heard that right. I lost, because now I am confused of myself. How can you hate someone and like her at the same time?

Jisoo has been telling and showing me lately that she actually likes me. But no, I can't be fooled by her. I am never going to believe her. 

See? My mind tells me not to get caught in her trap, but my heart feels the complete opposite. Ugh! Jennie, what are you doing?

"Jen, what are you thinking of? I've been calling your attention for a while now." Jisoo snaps her fingers in front of me.

"Huh?" I answered absentmindedly.

"Let's get out of the plane, the car is waiting outside." Jisoo reached her hand out to me.

"Oh yeah, sure." I took her hand and followed her as we went outside and head out straight to the car.

"Welcome back ladies." Mr. Chen greeted us as he opened the car door.

Jisoo gestured me to get inside first then she sat beside me at the backseat.

"Mr. Chen, take us to Chef Martiń's restaurant first. This dumpling right here haven't eaten her lunch yet since she slept through the duration of the flight." Jisoo ordered the driver.

After a few minutes...

Jisoo went out of the car. "We're here. Let's eat first before I send you home."

I went out of the car and saw a fancy restaurant called "Art Savoureux"

"Mr. Chen, please bring me my car here." She ordered the driver before going inside the restaurant.

Chef Martiń personally approached us at our table when one of the staff informed him.

"Lady Kim! Welcome back! And you too Miss Jennie." Chef Martiń greeted Jisoo. Then he gestured the waitress to hand me the menu.

I gasped, and covered my mouth with the palm of my hands upon seeing the price of the food on the menu.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo queried. She must've noticed my surprised reaction.

I slightly leaned to her side and whispered. "Actually, I'm not that hungry."

"Why? You don't like the food?" Jisoo queried calmly.

"What? No! I uh—I'm not really hungry." What kind of a restaurant charges food that is equivalent to one semester of my school tuition?

"Chef Martiń, just give her the special for today." Jisoo ordered.

"How about you Lady Kim?" Chef Martiń queried.

"Just get me a glass of wine." She replied then scrolled through her phone.

After a few minutes the waiter served me my food.

"Hello Miss. Here is our house specialty for today 'Capitone grigliato o fritto' also known as Italian grilled or fried eel. Enjoy your meal." The waiter introduced the food in front of me.

"Is this it?" I said to myself when I saw the food in front of me.

"What's with the face?" Jisoo queried, she must've noticed my reaction upon seeing the overpriced food in front of me.

"Umm... Nothing." Then I took a bite of the food.

"Not bad." I nodded my head while chewing the food.

I didn't notice that Jisoo is looking at me. I shifted my gaze at her, she looks amused.

"Well someone is enjoying her food." She put the wine glass down and leaned back to her chair while looking at me.

"I didn't expect it to be this delicious. How can someone make a simple fried eel this tasty?" I retorted.

"What do you expect from a two star Michelin chef?" Jisoo explained.

"A two star Michelin what?" I queried. I honestly don't know what that means.

"It's a chef's rating on how excellent he is in cooking. Not everybody could get a Michelin star you know. That's why we hired him to be our personal chef." Jisoo explained it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter