The Great Escape

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After almost ten hours of traveling, the Kim family finally reached their farm.

"Ah... Nothing like a breath of fresh air!" Mr. Kim uttered as he stepped out of the truck.

Jennie and Mrs. Kim also stepped out of the vehicle and went to the house where an old woman is waiting for them by the door and greeted them.

"Grandma!" Jennie ran to the old woman.

"Nini, is that really you? You've grown so much my child and more beautiful as well, just like your grandma." The old lady hugged her granddaughter.

"Hi mom!" Mrs. Kim approached the old lady.

"Chaerin my dear, I missed you." The old lady kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Mom, this is Kai." Mr. Kim introduced the young man beside him.

"Are you Jennie's husband?" The old lady queried.

Both Jennie and Kai looked at each other, shocked.

"No!"

"Yes!"

Both of them answered at the same time.

"I mean, I wish." Kai chuckled nervously when he saw how the petite woman glared at her.

The old lady laughed at her granddaughter's reaction, and Kai went along with it.

"Well, are you children hungry? I already cooked dinner so let's go to the dining room and eat." The old lady invited everyone for dinner.

Meanwhile, at the sister's mansion...

"Lady Jisoo, Madam President ordered to keep you here inside the mansion." Chief Jung said to the woman when she tried to go out.

"Get out of my way." Jisoo calmly told her mother's secretary.

Chief Jung slightly bowed to her. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I have to follow Madam President's order."

"Ah! Why is she even bothering on locking me in here? I don't even know where to start looking for Jennie." Jisoo uttered.

"I'm sorry Lady Jisoo." Chief Jung apologized as he blocks her way.

Jisoo heaved a heavy sigh and shook her head. She sat on the couch at the living room.

She sat there frustrated, since the mansion guards tightened the security.

Then as she leaned her head back on the back rest of the couch, she heard footsteps descending from the stairs.

Jisoo checked who it was and she saw Lisa making her way out of the house.

"Where are you going?" Jisoo queried as she watched her sister approaching the door.

"Out. Somewhere, I don't know." The lanky woman replied.

Jisoo is waiting for someone to stop her sister from leaving but no security personnel approached her.

"I'm so tired of this." Jisoo uttered as she leaned back and relaxed herself on the couch.

Lisa gets in her car and drove all the way to Seulgi's restaurant.

"Soojin!" Lisa called the waitress who is wiping the tables in the restaurant.

The woman looked in her direction and smiled.

"Hey! Lisa, what are you doing here? We're closed already." Soojin uttered when the lanky woman approached her.

Lisa smiled at her as she hesitantly asked her a question.

"No, I'm not here to eat. Can I ask you something?" She said.

Soojin stopped what she's doing and faced the lanky woman.

"If it's about Jennie, I'm sorry. I can't give you any information or whatsoever about her whereabouts." Soojin cut her off before the lanky woman could even ask her.

"Please. I have to know where she is." Lisa pleaded.

"I know that you're insanely gorgeous Lisa, but please don't use your charms on me. It's not gonna work because I promised Jennie that I won't tell anyone where she is, especially you and Jisoo. It's too chaotic in your world and she wants to be out of it. For good." Soojin bluntly told her as she moved to another table and wipes it's surface.

Lisa followed her to the next table as she persistently asked her for some information.

"Sorry Lisa, but you won't get any information from me. I think it's best if you leave, I'm almost done here and I'm about to lock the restaurant later." Soojin uttered as she continued what she's doing.

Lisa took a step back and nodded.

"Okay, I'm sorry for bothering you." She said to the woman.

She then went out of the restaurant and went back to her car.

Lisa aimlessly drove her car all over the city looking for any signs of the woman, but she couldn't find a single clue on where she is. Until she saw the tall skyscraper of the K&M Group building.

She eventually went there and decided to go to the rooftop.

"Where is Jinyoung? He's supposed to be here?" Lisa heard a familiar voice of a woman when she was walking to the door of the rooftop.

"I don't know where he is. How was your day today? I heard you're still trying to control your arrogant daughters, are they still crazy about that one girl?" Lisa heard another voice that belonged to a man.

She stood by the door and listened to their conversation.

"It was quite stressful as usual but definitely satisfying, I finally got rid of the girl without Jisoo having to defend her again." The woman replied.

Lisa's eyes widen when she heard the woman mention her sister's name and talked about the girl who she knew is Jennie.

"Well, our son is definitely not like those arrogant girls. Jinyoung is a humble man like me, and he deserves your recognition as your son to the public eye. He's hidden way too long Ye-Jin, he wants to tell everyone that you're his mother but he can't. He should also be getting the same treatment like your daughters with Hyun Bin. Jinyoung is your son too, he deserves better." The man said to the woman.

"Vice President, I think you forgot your place here. Don't tell me what to do with Jinyoung, his existence alone is the biggest mistake that I ever did and he's already considered lucky because I gave his father a decent job and I'm still giving him time to see me privately. Now do your job and be a better parent to him rather than asking for more attention from me." The woman retorted and Lisa heard footsteps getting closer to the door.

"Ye-Jin— I mean Madam President, where are you going? Aren't you going to wait for Jinyoung? You came all the way here just to see him after all." The man said to her.

At that moment on it was clear to Lisa who the woman is. She stood behind the door, frozen.

"You said so yourself, you don't know where he is and I won't wait forever. Just tell him that I came here. Goodnight Vice President Jung." The woman uttered before she opened the door.

The woman froze when she saw that Lisa is standing just a few steps away from the door.

"Jung Jinyoung is your son?" Lisa uttered in disbelief while looking at her mother's face.

"Lisa. W–what are you doing here?" President Kim queried, taken aback at her unexpected presence.

Lisa just turned around and went to the elevator.

"Lisa stop, please don't tell your sister about this. Listen to me, I'm your mother!" President Kim ran after her daughter.

"And since when did you ever became our mother? You've never been a mother to anyone. Well maybe to him, you are." Lisa uttered as she stepped inside the elevator and closed the door leaving President Kim flustered.

Lisa went back to their mansion and saw Jisoo still sitting on the couch as if waiting for some kind of miracle.

She stared at her sister for the longest time and Jisoo noticed her standing by the door.

"What are you staring at?" Jisoo queried.

Then they heard a car arriving outside.

"Lalisa wait—" President Kim quickly approached her.

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows as she watched their mother grab Lisa's hand.

"What's going on here?" Jisoo queried.

Lisa looked at their mother then to her sister.

"Please don't do it." President Kim whispered to her.

"What?" Jisoo asked her sister who is staring intensely at her as if she wants to say something.

"Lisa please don't tell your sister about it." President Kim whispered, pleading to her daughter.

She glared at President Kim as she removed her mother's grip from her hand.

"Fine, let's talk in private. Shall we?" Lisa said to their mother then she went upstairs to President Kim's study room.

President Kim followed her and left Jisoo with a confused expression on her face.

She closed the door behind her. Lisa is standing inside the room waiting for President Kim.

"Does dad know about this?" Lisa queried.

"Yes, he does. He already forgave me, it was a long time ago." President Kim uttered.

Lisa scoffed.

"Yeah no ! Of course it was a long time ago, your bastard son is even older than Jisoo and I! How could dad even let him stay in the company?" Lisa yelled at her.

President Kim got flustered when Lisa raised her voice. 

"Y–your dad doesn't know that Jinyoung is my son. All he knows is I had a son from from another man and that's it." She said to her daughter.

Lisa is already fuming with anger as she slammed her hands on the table.

"Until when are you planning on fooling and manipulating us all?! You had a son from another man and you didn't even bother to tell us?" The lanky woman uttered.

"Tell us what?"

Both Lisa and President Kim's attention diverted to the door.

"Come on Lisa, what is this huge secret that made you go out of character?" Jisoo uttered as she stepped inside the room.

President Kim froze as her eyes widen at the sight of Jisoo entering the room.

Lisa scoffed and looked at their mother.

"Well, the inevitable happened. She deserves to know Madam President." The lanky woman uttered.

"Know what?" Jisoo looked at the both them waiting for an answer.

"Jung Jinyoung is Madam President's bastard son." Lisa uttered with a straight face.

Jisoo looked at President Kim.

"The Vice President's son?" Jisoo queried in disbelief.

"Yes, the Vice President's son." Lisa replied.

"Jisoo, let me explain." President Kim uttered.

"No, I don't wanna hear it. Fire him, I can't let him stay at the company that my father built." Jisoo uttered with all seriousness.

President Kim is taken aback at her reply. "What? I can't do that, he's great at his job." She said to her daughter.

Jisoo scoffed in disbelief.

"I don't care if he's so great at doing his job. I want him gone, or I'll go to the Parks right now and tell them that I'm calling off the wedding. Make your choice." Jisoo sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter