Unsteady

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa's POV

"Happy birthday to you... Ladies please make a wish and blow the candles!" The emcee told us.

Jisoo and I looked at each other and smiled then we blew the candle together. Blowing candles on a cake is too childish for me, but I have to do it.

"Happy birthday to these gorgeous women! Now their mother, the president of the K&M Group wants to make a very special announcement to everybody." He announced to everybody then I saw our mother and Rosé get up from their seats.

Right, I almost forgot. Tonight is also an engagement party.

I looked at my sister and she's obviously wondering what's going on. I can tell just by looking in her eyes that she wanted to ask me what's happening. Everybody clapped when Madame President and Rosé arrived on the stage.

I don't know why I am feeling a little uncomfortable when I looked at Jennie from afar, I thought this is going to be easy for me but it's not. I'm worried about Jennie, I saw how broken she is because of my sister and now I feel like this time this news is really going to smash her to pieces.

The emcee gave the microphone to Madame President while the silver-haired woman stood between Jisoo and I.

My heart is pounding and my throat feels dry. My eyes went back and forth from Jisoo to Jennie. I should be feeling happy, but I'm not. It's weird.

Then she finally spoke."Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. We are gathered here today not just because of the celebration of the birthday of my two daughters, but because I also want to announce the engagement of one of them." Madame President smiled to everybody then looked at the three of us on stage.

"Engagement? What's going on?" I heard Jisoo ask but nobody bothered to give her an answer. Heck I don't want to answer it either, or she'll surely make a scene in front of the crowd.

"I want to announce the engagement of Roseanne Park the only heiress of the R&C Park International, to my daughter Kim Jisoo one of the heiress of our company the K&M Group." There, she finally said it.

Then I looked at Jisoo and she seems lost. She looked at everybody with confusion written all over her face.

My sister stood there for a moment as if trying to process the information in her brain, then she went down the stage and left the room without a single word.

I looked at Jennie who is sitting at the back and her face turned grim. That's the facial expression that I don't want to see in her.

Then Madame President called my attention and signaled me to Rosé off the stage.

"Let's go back to our table." I said to her and she holds on to my arm as we go back to our seats.

"Lisa, where did Jisoo go?" Mrs. Park queried.

"I don't know ma'am but she'll be back." I reassured the woman.

Then I looked at the spot where Jennie is seated but only Kai and Soojin are there.

I went there to ask them. "Where is she?"

"I don't know where she went, she said she just need some air." Soojin retorted.

I stood outside the women's room hoping that she'll come out but she didn't. I went to the bar but she's not there, I ran around all over the place looking for her but she's nowhere to be found.

Then I finally reached the pool area where I saw Rosé sitting on the bench with a grim expression on her face.

I walked towards her and when she saw me, she looked away and wiped her face.

"Shouldn't you be happy right now?" I asked her.

Rosé looked at me and smiled. "Yeah, I should be... Right? I mean, I'm finally engaged to the person that I want."

I sat beside her and looked at the water in the pool.

"Then why are you crying?" I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled while her tears stream down her cheeks.

"I think this engagement just made my relationship with Jisoo a hundred times harder." She uttered, I have never seen Rosé look this vulnerable before.

She has always been this annoying woman who got the nerve of steel that no matter what you say or do, she would never get affected by it.

"So, what are you planning to do?" I looked at her in the eyes. She wiped her tears and mustered a smile.

"I plan on working a million times harder to make our relationship work." She said to me and I saw a glimpse of the usual Rosé back.

"Stupid." I uttered out of nowhere.

She looked at me and sighed.
"I know... And you should do the same too if you want your relationship with Jennie to work. You like her right? Then let's be stupid together."

Even though she's smiling, her eyes is expressing the exact opposite of what her lips is trying to show.

All of a sudden, I found myself putting my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me. Then I gently tilted her head making her lean on my shoulder.

I don't know what came into me but I just did that unconsciously. She did not contradict to it either and just rested her head on my shoulder.

"Sure, let's be stupid together." I said to her and I felt her lips curved into a tight-lipped smile.

We both sat there for a moment contemplating about our future plans of stupidity, when she finally decided to go back to the party.

"I never thought that your royal boringness will make me feel at ease. Thank you Lisa, I need to go back inside. Mom and dad must be looking for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter