Lowkey

MISCONCEPTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV


I can't take it anymore, I gotta get out of here before I explode. These two in front me is fully absorbed in their own world that they're not paying attention to anyone anymore.

"Please excuse me." I got up from my seat then walked away. I tried looking back at them but they didn't seem to bother looking at me. They just continued their little conversation.

I went out of the room then kept on walking around the place. Until I saw Jisoo, she's sitting on the beach chair near the pool with a bottle of whiskey in her hand.

I don't know why, but I suddenly felt like joining Jisoo in her emo moment by the pool.

"What are you doing here?" I was startled when she suddenly asked me.

I didn't really see her turn around and look at me. How did she knew that it was me approaching?

I walked closer to Jisoo and took a seat to the beach chair beside her.

She asked me again.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you enjoying the party inside?" She asked without even looking at me.

"I should ask you the same thing. Why are you here?" I glanced at Jisoo who is busy taking another chug of the whiskey in her hand.

"Is there something wrong with wanting to have a peaceful evening by the pool?" She looked at me with heavy looking eyelids that is threatening to close at any moment.

"Then you just answered your own question." I recoiled.

She just nodded and took another chug of the whiskey.

"You do know that I can see you staring at me for a while now from my peripheral vision right?" I was caught off guard with Jisoo's sudden question.

"Ah— eh— It's just that..." I stuttered.

Jisoo changed her sitting position to face me. "It's just what?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

I refused to make an eye contact with her. "It's just that... You seemed very different tonight." Then I turned to look at her and our eyes met again.

"Really? How so?" She looked at me with her furrowed eyebrows.

"You seemed to be not in the mood. You usually do some silly pranks on me whenever you see me." I retorted.

She furrowed her eyebrows even more, confused. "Why? Do you want me to do some stupid prank on you now?"

I gulped in fear. "! What did I just do? She might just do it right now." I whispered to myself looking away from her.

"No, I'm just curious on what happened to you that led me to a miracle of not getting an injury from you tonight." I replied.

She took a sip on the whiskey again then said... "I told you, I wouldn't hurt a beautiful woman."

"Hmn. Fair enough" I replied short.

She then offered me the bottle of whiskey that is almost half empty.

"Want some?"

I looked at her in disbelief.

"No, thank you." I refused politely.

She then withdrew her hand then took another sip of the whiskey.

We are sitting there quietly when a familiar voice broke the silence.

Jisoo who I'm sure of is drunk by then didn't even bother to look at the direction of where the voice was coming from. Out of my curiosity I stood up to find where the voice is coming from when... "Don't." I heard Jisoo whisper. I don't know how fast she moved that I didn't even realize right away that I am already in Jisoo's embrace. She covered my eyes and she just stood there so close to me with her arms wrapped around me.

Jisoo's POV


Tonight is Lisa's welcome party to someone who she can't even call a girlfriend. Yes, they're close... they are so close that I accidentally saw the two of them making out inside the guests' bedroom. They don't exactly have a so-called label to their relationship because when I asked Lisa about their status she would always say that they are just 'close friends'. Of course no one would believe that crap. No close friends would make out with each other right?

I went inside the ballroom and saw a lot of people, "Are these all of Lisa's friends?"

When the band that my sister hired told everybody to get their own partners and get on the dance floor for the slow dance, the men in their tuxedos searched for their partners which caused the center of the room to be vacated for a moment. Everybody inside the room left the dance floor for a while except for this beautiful woman in the middle. She looked really confused, and as soon as the music played, everybody that got their respective partners occupied the center of the room and swayed to the soft music. I snatched a drink from the waiter who just walked by and drank all the alcohol in it then approached the beautiful lady in the middle of the dance floor.

"Looking for someone miss? I asked this beautiful woman. Then she turned aroud to look at me.

"I'm looking for—" She forgot what she was about to say. I swear I was trying so hard not to laugh when I saw her surprised face the moment that she realized that it was me standing in front of her.

I gotta admit, Jennie has always been beautiful but I never thought that she could be even more beautiful dressed like this.

She then tried to turn her back away from me, so I reached for her wrist.
"Where ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter