Talent Show

Limitless

 

“RI AH GET DOWN HERE AND DO THE LAUNDRY AND THE DISHES AND CLEAN THE BATHROOM!!” her stepmom yelled from downstairs.

 

“Coming!!” Ri Ah left her closet sized bedroom and started her chores.

 

“After I’m done, tonight is the talent show and they asked me to do their makeup for school. It’s a project. It gives me a grade for it.” Ri Ah explained.

 

“Fine, you can go, since you need to have good grades to keep your other job.” her stepmom agreed, knowing that she needed the money for shopping.

 

~ ∞ ~

 

“WAHHHH~~~!! THANK YOU RI AH!! YOU’RE DAEBAK!” Kyung Mi said after Ri Ah finished up her makeup.

 

“No problem, dear. It’s fun to help.” Ri Ah showed a small smile.

 

“Finally, Ms. Emotionless smiles.” Yooah teased.

 

“Yah, it’s not even that bad. I smile sometimes.” Ri Ah defended quietly.

 

“Whatever, girly~” Yooah and Kyung Mi went on stage to do their thing to SISTAR19’s Ma Boy.

 

Ri Ah plopped herself on the couch and let out a sigh. I wish I could join in with them.. But I can’t do any extra curricular activities or else, Ms. Evil would find out and make me lose my scholarship. She thought to herself.

 

For fun, Ri Ah decided to do her own makeup to match her outfit. Which was acid-wash jeans, black & red Adidas high tops, and her usual black & white graphic tee. Her long hair was tied back in a braid so it wouldn’t get in the way when she did makeup.

 

Ri Ah chose to do charcoal smokey eyes to match her outfit.

 

“We have a last minute entry in this talent show.” Ri Ah heard while sitting in the dressing room.

 

“Miss Jang Ri Ah will be singing.” The MC said.

 

“WHAT?!” Ri Ah ran out of the room to find Kyung Mi. She knew Kyung Mi was behind all of this.

 

“Hey there.” Kyung Mi nudged Ri Ah backstage.

 

“You didn’t tell me.” Ri Ah crossed her arms.

 

"Come on, Ri Ah. We all know you can sing. We've heard you, but you would never have gone for the talent show unless we made you." Kyung Mi says.


"Fine, what song did you guys pick for me?" Ri Ah asks in defeat.


"Park Bom's You and I." Kyung Mi grins.


"What?!?! That's a hard song!" Ri Ah cries.


"Oh please, I have heard you sing it before." Kyung Mi pushes Ri Ah on stage with a mic.

 

Ri Ah stepped on stage after Kyung Mi pulled out her braid, revealing wavy hair.

 

No matter what happens
Even when the sky is falling down
I’ll promise you
That I’ll never let you go

You naega sseureojilddae
Jeoldae heundeullimeopsi
Ganghan nunbicheuro
Myeotbeonigo nal ileukyeojweo

And you, na himae gyeoulddae
Seulpeumeul byeolang kkeutkkaji ddo akkimeopsi
Chajawa du son japeun geudaeyegae

 

~ ∞ ~
 

“That girl is the girl Woollim sajangnim will want.” A suit said.
 

“Definitely. We have to meet her backstage and give her the business card.” The other suit said.

“Let’s go backstage and wait for her.” The two men in suits left their spots hidden by the door.

~ ∞ ~

I’m only here because Moonsoo wants me to be. Not for my parents. Moonsoo wants me here, so despite being jetlagged, I’m here to watch him host the talent show.

A movement in the back caught my eye.

Aren’t those guys from Woollim? What are they doing here?

Well, it’s a girl singing right now, she’s beautiful though, long wavy hair. But I can see it. There’s something hidden behind those happy eyes. They might be happy now, but it’s as if she knows, her happiness won’t last.

Maybe those suits are here to scout for a new girl group? We have been asking for a long time for a group. Now they’re leaving. Maybe this girl isn’t good enough? But I will find out, I see all...

Author's Note:
well, here's me~~ :D there will be more~~
I'm sure I don't need to say who's speaking at the end. :D
ALSO.
i am taking debut song suggestions~~ :D
and fanclub name suggestions~~ :D kaykay<3