Up and Down

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Despite of having a little e and there that made Jessica blushing, the flying experience still could make up for it, Jessica thought. Jessica doesn't want to be upset longer. The love that she has for Taengoo was the reason for it. Especially, after knowing her girlfriend bought the heli to make it easier to see her daily. How amazing is that? She felt loved for knowing her girlfriend wants to see her always without depending on Sunny’s superpower. Taengoo's effort and eagerness makes her wanted to shed tears at that time. She had to control it as she doesn’t want to look like a crybaby, even if there's a big lump on at that time. She had to swallow them hard just so she doesn't cry.

 

Five minutes before landing on the Dairy Farm main building, Jessica no longer can control her tears anymore. They just fell like a broken pipe. It's happy tears, anyway. The things that she waited for a few months other than the kiss. Taengoo just proposed to her. She saw the eye-catching garden of flowers that created two rows of sentence from their altitude. Something that her eyes caught before her girlfriend opened a ring box and asked her hand for marriage. The garden of flowers which was very visible and readable from their height. It was written as,

 

I want to grow old with you, Jessica-ssi.

Will you marry me?

 

She nods her head and laughs like silly to even cry messily with her nose that began to clog from the hard cry. She cleaned her face quickly to present her best look since she knew she was recorded. Now only it registered in her head, the reason why Taengoo had the video recorder there and the reason why Taengoo brings her to this place. She had no idea Taengoo had this plan for them.

 

"Yesss!!" She screams her contentment. Can't let Taengoo repeats asking her twice. Once is enough. "Of course! I want to be your wife." She pushed her left hand forward so Taengoo could make her wear the ring on her fourth finger already. It was the same ring that she remembers Taengoo gave to her at Yoona's vacation house in the past. The beautiful diamond ring that she rejected. She's not going to repeat the same mistake as that day anymore. "I want to grow old with you too, Taengoo. In this life and another life. Please find and love me again. Because you are the only person that I feel loved me so earnestly. I would do the same to love you with all my heart."

 

Jessica felt silly as her tears began to roll down against her cheeks again. She was so happy, but afraid if she scares Taengoo with all the messy tears that she had no control. Happy was so underrated. She felt beyond that. Her serotonin level shot through the roof for the proposal she received. The air that she inhales felt so different. She wanted to keep this oxygen in a plastic bag and label it as the happiest proposal from her loveable future wife like what Taengoo wanted to do during their first flight in the past.

 

"Affirmatively, I will do that, Miss Jung. I would feel very lucky to have you as my wife and to love you again and again." Taengoo nervously stated while helping to wipe tears on Jessica's cheeks.

 

She even cried for this moment herself, knowing it's not an easy journey. She had been planning and waiting this moment to happen so patiently. Just like how she waits Jessica to recover before. Even if Jessica still doesn't remember their dark childhood story. It doesn't matter anymore. Jessica accepted her other personalities and agreed she will not open her traumatic experience again if that's gonna cost her to leave Taengoo and to seek another treatment for the second time. It's enough time they wasted. There's no more to that.

 

"I love you, Miss Jung. Thank you for accepting and trusting me to be someone important in your life. I would love to give all my love to you just like how you have given and will give me more in the future."

 

She placed the ring box on Jessica's thighs before getting the ring to slide it onto Jessica's fourth finger. Her hand is shaking so terribly. Multitasking suddenly become so hard. Her other hand still operating the heli while the other one was making her believe she is the luckiest person to live on this Earth today. They just become official. It's so fascinating to know that.

 

Jessica leaned herself forward to kiss Taengoo's lips after she received the ring. Not waiting Taengoo to make that move first when her lover already trembles so hard. She just wants to kiss Taengoo for a million reasons, but nothing can compare to the reason she just got the best proposal in her life. The things that she hopes her proposal would be. Just them alone, sharing the overwhelming feeling. No interruption from a stranger. This is the best, she thought. Even if without everything that Taengoo had arranged, she will be happy if they have this moment for themselves.

 

"You earned this." She announced after pulling away from the kiss with trail of saliva. "This is beautiful." Jessica stares fascinatedly. Her eyes shifted between the landscape and Taengoo's face. This is the only landscape that caught her attention and can kill her admiration on Taengoo. She took out her phone to take a few photos and videos. "How long did you plan this?"

 

Taengoo still had her nervous look if only Jessica could see her eyes. She could feel fanning herself mentally. The feeling of excitement as they just got engaged. Jessica is her fiancé and soon to be her wife. She spazzed out to the thought. So much of the joy like she’s floating in the air, even if they are already flying in the air. Her heart was beating so fast for Jessica. She felt so alive. She must had done some good deeds in her past lives to be able to have Jessica as her future wife, she thought.

 

"Five months. I hired a team for this. The garden will produce roses and cosmos flower twice a year. It's not fully blooming yet. It's expected to bloom fully in September." She shared the details. Not hiding the things that she created not by her hard work alone. She had to give a credit to those who helps her to make this moment happened even if she paid them. Of course, she's the one who design where to plant the seed. But to plant on thirty acres of land needs a lot of work if she wants to get fast results. "I hired them to make sure this garden will be attended and handle with care."

 

Jessica just can't get enough of recording the landscapes of cosmos purple and white flower mix with pink and red roses from their altitude. They are currently at one thousand feet above the sea level, descending. She just wanted them to stay like that for a while. Knowing it's created by her lover had urged her to watch them more. Even if Taengoo got some help, it doesn't bother her to know it. Because what matters the most, Taengoo did it for her.

 

"They're so beautiful and colourful. I still want to record this." Jessica revealed the reason of her quietness. Her tears already stop completely. She just felt amazed. The ring still not registered in her head. Only the stunning garden of cosmos mix with rose flowers currently. "The flower that you gave me five days ago, is it came from this place?"

 

Taengoo nods her head and felt surprised, "How did you know?"

 

"They look in the same shade. Purple and white cosmos mix with pink and red roses."

 

That's true. It's the same flower. Because Taengoo made that special arrangement on the first bloom. Paying her staff to deliver the flower to Jessica's resort. It took her staff half a day to reach Jessica's place. She even booked two nights stay for her staff and her family to stay at Jessica's resort, so they don't have to travel back within the same day. It’s like her gratefulness for their service, sending the first bloom flowers to someone she loves so dearly.

 

"Ah.. but isn't other place also having these flowers?" Taengoo argues as Jessica's prediction was right. "I plan to harvest and sell them in September. All of the profit, I will give it to you."

 


"For what exactly?" Jessica asked bewilderedly. She doesn't need any money now. Taengoo had helped her enough for her business. The resort almost fully book in Autumn too. All thanks to Taengoo promotion with all her client. In a split of second, she remembers something before Taengoo could give her a reply. About their couplestagram. Taengoo always gave a donation in the name of their love. Maybe that's the reason why Taengoo wanted to give her the money. To let her choose to donate it somewhere. "Just donate it to the animal shelter. I haven't seen Jessicat for two months. I missed her. Animal shelter in the name of Jessicat and us would be lovely for now. In the future, we can donate it to other places."

 

Taengoo was grinning widely. "Woah.. you are my great telepathy-ya." She announced half joke, half truth. "I haven't said that in my mind, but you already heard them."

 

"It’s call, woman's instinct." Jessica returned the humorous dialogue effortlessly. "I don't want to touch down just yet. I want to stay here for hours. Do we have enough fuel for staying here, at least for an hour?"

 

Taengoo nervously shook her head when Jessica's gaze shifted towards her direction. "We only had enough to travel back to your resort and to the hangar where I supposed to park this heli." Taengoo informed and reasoned out more, "But we will come back here again if you want to see them. I don't plan to cut or to clear them ever. This garden of flowers will be forever. I dedicated this land for you. I might add a few facilities so people could visit this place in the future. For now, I only had a plan to harvest the flower in September." Taengoo shared more of her plan or idea.

 

"You make me want to cry again..." Jessica sulks to know the garden and land was dedicated to her. This little devil can be the sweetest person on Earth, she thought. Her sweet little devil. "Then, we can come back once it's fully bloom." Jessica gave in. It's good to know if Taengoo doesn't plan to cut them for good. She still wants to see them next time. Because it looks so wonderful seeing them from higher ground. "I'm good to have our brunch now."

 

Jessica's reassuring smile was enough to make Taengoo continues their descent slowly. They are already in her thousand-acre land. From their height, far on the left, they can see the on-going project for the theme park. The construction still needs another two more years before it comes to a completion. She plans to have a little tour into that place with Jessica some other day. Maybe they will bring Hyomin too.

 

Taengoo gave Jessica's hand a gentle caress after Jessica searched her hand to hold. "Only the general manager will be assisting us for brunch. They have prepared our brunch in a special room at the restaurant. She doesn't aware about the proposal. I'm afraid you dislike making it public."

 

"I'm good. Don't worry." Jessica stated softly. "Either they know or not, it won't bother me. As long as I have you to have a brunch with me in peace and they don't plan to take you away from me for a meeting or whatsoever like our last visit with Hyomin."

 

"Not likely to happen." Taengoo confirmed. Last time was a different case. It involves a tourist who made a commotion. But even if they have a similar emergency case like last time, she won't leave Jessica. She trusted her staff can handle the situation. All that she knows, she was dying to have a brunch with her soon to be a wife right now. "Anything else other than you can wait this time. I promise."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter