Purpose

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's note: R.I.P Sulli. I'm sorry the world failed you. Dear readers, please seek a professional help or get a help from someone that you trust to assist you if you are in a depression or have a thought of wanting to commit suicide. Never keep your trouble alone. Find the right person to talk. Don't lose hope. One more thing, please be kind to each other. If you dislike anyone, just move on. Don't waste your energy or time to throw a hate on someone you don't know personally.

Side note: This story was created before Jonghyun & Sulli’s case. This is just a fiction. Please don’t do anything harmful to yourself.

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

"Who are you talking to Taeyeonnie?" Sunny repeated her question after leaving and dropping items that she brought together with her on the dining table.

 

She moved forward to approach her unmoved friend. Her friend is still sitting on the three-seater sofa. She followed Taeyeon’s gazed and found the sleeping cat on the only single seater sofa available in there. She remembers the cat from Jessica's house that she met last time. No one else was in there other than her friend, the cat, and her.

 

"I w-was…" Taeyeon scrunched up her face, thinking hard how to explain the thing that she just experienced. She touched her head using her left hand, near to the place where it was injured. "My head must be getting really funny right now after taking the drugs. I don't feel to sleep at all." She assumed that was the aftermath of only taking half of the medicine when she supposed to take one. This gives her an uneasiness. She should have taken the medication like what she had been prescribed. What if she changed again? She doesn't want to scare her daughter. And she can't let the e alter let loose. "Please give me a shot. I need to rest quickly. I don’t feel really good right now. Something is bothering me, clearly."

 

Sunny came a little closer and went down on her knees to check her friend’s face, basically her pupils. She takes out a small penlight from her pocket to check if Taeyeon’s pupils are equal or not. It gave her a satisfaction for the result. Somehow, her small inspection has made Taeyeon’s skin changed to pale. When she grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist, she noticed her heart was pounding in a quick pace already. She knows it's not a good thing. That was a silent alarm to indicate something was about to happen.

 

"You haven’t taken your prescription yet?"

 

"I did. Only half of it." Taeyeon tried to clarify her stupid action. "I think I was wrong for taking it half. I thought I could fight it like before, but I was so reckless to have that kind of thinking. I don’t want to burden anyone if I change. Not if I change to someone that will hurt Hyomin. Please give me a sedative shot. I need to rest quickly. Pali!!" Taeyeon was left anxious.

 

"Taeyeonnie, calm down. Breath calmly. They won't come out if you listen to me. Please lie down on your back and closed your eyes. Try to loosen up your body." Sunny gave instruction to her tense friend. This is what she learned during Taeyeon's emergency situation. She helped her friend quickly to lie down. "Now inhale and exhale deeply. Follow me. Please inhale slowly now. On the count of three... one, two, three…" She took a deep breath together while counting the number repeatedly till Taeyeon was completely in control of herself again. She knew Taeyeon can do the right breathing technique on her own without her guidance. It's just that her friend needs to be reminded during emergency situations like this.

 

She doesn't know what happen to her friend. But she's going to figure it out tomorrow. As what she can see, her friend's mental state is not stable right now. It was so wrong to interrogate her friend and let her friend suffer from any chaotic input again.

 

Once her friend pushed a smile on her face, she knows, the thing she did was working. It's such a relief to see her friend's dorky face again.

 

"You can go to rest shortly after I check your wound." Sunny stated to her blushing friend. She knew that Taeyeon must feel embarrassed to be seen like that as if that was their first time to encounter it together. She inspected the wound while continues her conversation, "Sorry I took so long to come here, Taeyeonnie. I got a case and only free by now."

 

"I love you, Soonkyu. You don't have to explain your work. It was your duty. I'm very thankful that you came at the right time when I needed you. Thank you for helping me awhile ago."

 

Sunny leaned over to give a peck on her friend's forehead before staring at her friend's face lovingly. "Nado, saranghae. Now listen, the wound look okay to me. Anyway, let me remind you about this injury that you have. Please avoid touching the glue area for 24hours, use a shower cap if you want to take a bath, keep it dry at least for five days, no comb, only wash your hair after five days later, and please be careful when you put a clothes, don't let it rub against the wound. I will check your wound every day. Where did you put your medicine? You need to take the other half."

 

"I keep it inside my luggage in Jessica’s room."

 

"Let me check your blood pressure before I help you to get that." Sunny concluded.

 

 

*******

 

 

Jessica searches the right clothes from her luggage and clean laundry to wear. She has no shortage of clothes like what she once expected all thanks because Krystal had been helping her to send her dirty clothes to the hotel laundry service and received them after a few hours later while she was still asleep. Somehow, it felt so hard to find something comfortable to replace her nightwear right now.

 

She never believes she decided to do this. All this while, she always has a one-piece garments as her sleepwear' choice. They must be soft, thin, and in a high-quality fabric. But tonight, she broke her ultimate rule just because she decided to stay in the living room together with her baby cat and Taengoo. Being around in the same place as them, was apparently her solution. She hopes Jessicat will not try to bother Taengoo again after this.

 

She was aware it's been a long day for Taengoo. She got to rest a lot within the day. But she knows it doesn't apply the same thing to Taengoo. So, she must at least try to do something in order to help Taengoo getting the rest that she needed. Furthermore, Jessicat is her responsibility. She can't let Jessicat bothers Taengoo continuously.

 

She remembers the phone call that she had with Taengoo while changing her nightwear to a black yoga pants and a white sweatshirt that she finally decided to wear without wasting the time. Taengoo has to sleep on the couch all because of her who insisted to have Tiffany staying at the same place as them.

 

Her invitation wasn't mainly because by having Tiffany around it will be helpful to her or Taengoo, but also, because she is giving Tiffany a chance to spend time with Hyomin again after what happened. Having to experience to be a mother for one day makes her aware about the feeling of emptiness when she overheard Taengoo's secret thought who wanted to bring her daughter back to Seoul. She won't make a crazy decision by asking Taengoo and her daughter to stay in San Francisco if she didn't feel scared to be forgotten or feel left out by her daughter if they went back to Seoul too soon.

 


It's like a win-win situation that she could relate. All of them will get their share in this. And if TY was really the reason why Taengoo is having a hard time, she hopes that she could help Taengoo in some way, especially if ever she gets any chance to encounter TY again.

 

 

Four hours before

 

 

"Excuse me? Could you repeat that one more time?" Taengoo urgently made her way towards the door to have a privacy talk that look important in Tiffany's eyes. She didn't expect to receive the news from Jessica after answering her phone. How did Jessica find out about Tiffany was in San Francisco? Was it from Sunny? Must be it, she thought. "You wanted Tiffany to stay with us?" Taengoo repeated the things that she heard from the other person once she was completely outside of the Baskin-Robin restaurant.

 

"I meant what I've said. I want to invite her to stay with us." Jessica gave her confirmation in all seriousness as if Taengoo could see her expression right now. She had informed the doctor about her reason why she needs Tiffany to stay with them earlier than that. The doctor didn't disagree on anything because she managed to convince the doctor with her reasoning. Right now, she just needs a confirmation from Tiffany about her offer. "I just thought to let you know about it before I speak with her. Could you please put her on the phone? I should speak with her directly."

 

"Jessica-ssi, are you being serious right now? Please tell me why you wanted to stay in the same place with her?" Taengoo could barely breath. Jessica can't be serious. She wants to stay in the same place with her legal wife, Tiffany? Because maybe if she was in Jessica's shoes, she doesn't think that was the best idea. What if Jessica and Tiffany will eventually argue about things related to her or Hyomin by staying in the same place together? Moreover, she hasn't got the chance to tell Jessica about the things that Tiffany requested from her if she wanted to get a divorce. What if Jessica would be mad if she doesn't hear the news from her directly? "I read the chat conversation that you had with Tiffany. I'm sorry that she spied on you and tried to get closer to you with a purpose. You know that I can't blame her. She got worried because I'm not, I'm not... normal. You understand what I mean right? I know that I should have introduced you two in a proper way. What I'm trying to say... I mean, this is not the right time to do it. You are sick, and so, I thought, this is not the best time for you to meet her or the other way around. What's more to stay at the same place together. Can we postpone your meet up with her to another date? I want you to get better. I don't want to burden you by making you sick even more."

 

"Did I make you nervous, Taengoo? Because you sounded like you are being paranoid right now. How on earth by having Tiffany with us will make me sick or burdening me? You are being funny, you see. By the way, I completely understand her reason when she approached me like that. And this is not my first encounter with her. We have introduced ourselves before. I don't need a proper introduction when I already knew who she was. Let me talk to Tiffany."

 

"Jessica-ssi, I'm not being funny. And yes, I agree, I'm being paranoid with your request. What if I accidentally make you upset about something? What if you felt left out by me or us? There must be something that will make you upset, eventually. I’m afraid if that happen. That's why I'm trying to avoid it."

 

"Isn't it normal, Taengoo? The word upset is nothing so foreign to me. I can be upset with you constantly, even without having Tiffany around, you know."

 

There is a pause on the other line. The line is not broken yet because Jessica could hear the background voices from the passer-by. It didn’t fear her for being straightforward like that. She knew Taengoo could get what she meant. She is her little devil whom always make her upset before.

 

"Am I that bad?" Her worried almost gone right now to hear Jessica's statement that gives her a tingling sensation. She wanted to smile to this. Nothing so weird when she didn't get a response to her question from the other person. Jessica makes her wanna run as fast as she could, so that she can be at the same place with her lovely woman. She deeply needed to see her face. To talk while looking at the gorgeous woman’s face while sharing the same oxygen with her again. "Can you please at least let me know why you wanted to stay together with her?"

 

"I asked Krystal to return to our home, so my parents won’t get suspicious on anything. Since Krystal is not in here and I'm not that fit to look after you and Hyomin alone, so I need Tiffany to stay with us. It’s either you let Tiffany stay with us, or I will call Krystal to fetch me and you can stay with Tiffany. It's up to you to decide right now."

 

"No, please." Taengoo begged in defeated. She didn't like this kind of news already. She knew how excited is their daughter to stay at the place. "You said that you wanted to spend time with me and Hyomin. Hyomin will be sad if she knows this. She was already so hopeful to spend time with us. And I would feel bad if you must have to leave. Miss Jung, do you aware that you are sick too? Can't you give me a little chance to return the favour back? I want to look after you."

 

"None any of us are fit to look after each other, Taengoo." Jessica knocked some sense, so that Taengoo could understand their situation better. "That's why I need Tiffany to stay with us. At least, she can watch Hyomin on our behalf. Furthermore, I believe that she missed Hyomin too. I understand that you are worried to let me stay in the same place together with Tiffany, but I assure you that I'm gonna be alright. I was sane when I decided to invite her to stay together with us. We are not going to pull each other hair if you are afraid. I'm still not crazy to embarrass myself. And she is my friend before I know she is your wife. She gonna stay like that, even if I know she approached me intentionally last time."

 

"Thank you for being kind and clearing my worries, Jessica-ssi. I'm not saying that you are not convincing, but we have a problem... we only have two rooms in the apartment. Unless if you don't mind us... mmm... you know… like sleeping in the same bed together. I mean... of course with Hyomin with us." Taengoo tried her luck only to get a cold response from the latter.

 

"Don't use the child as a shield to your naughty desire to sleep with me. I don't like that! I might not like you anymore if you are using her again." Jessica strictly announced and received an instant reply.

 

"Forgive my naughtiness, Miss Jung. I was being insensitive because I do really like you a lot." Taengoo apologized and be honest to her wicked behaviour. Jessica chose to be serious while talking with her already could make her feel high right now. Did she just make Jessica upset again? She was so sick for enjoying this, she thought. Luckily Jessica can't see her reaction or else, Jessica might be upset with her more. "This naughty person will be honest with her feeling without using our child as a shield from now on."

 

"Apology accepted. Now, since Tiffany is still your legal wife, you can stay in the same room with her and Hyomin if you want. I will stay in the other room, a-lone." She emphasized the last word clearly. Not giving any room for Taengoo to object on anything again by saying something more, "Please pass the phone to her. Or maybe I should just call Krystal to pick me up if you disagree with my suggestion."

 

"Okay! Okay! I agree! I will follow your request! Please don't call Krystal. Tiffany will stay with us. She will take the other room. And I will sleep in the living room' couch." A loud confirmation quickly emerges before the other person that make her heart beat faster changed her mind. And Jessica is such a tease for asking her to sleep in the same room with Tiffany, she thought. It urges her to confess about her arrival in the city. The reason why she follows Jessica on the same flight. "Miss Jung, I want to tell you something about me and Tiffany. She agreed to give me a divorce with a few conditions. I follow you to San Francisco because I want to tell you about this news. You know our marriage is not based on love. And please pay attention to me now, my feeling for you are greater than ever, Miss Jung. That's for certain. Don't tease me anymore. I know you don't want me to stay in the same room with Tiffany if I was meant to be serious with you."

 

"I still don't find it proper to share the same bed as you." Jessica announced coldly before she felt guilty slowly wash over her. She knew Taengoo hasn't had a rest yet. Why was she talking like a mean person towards Taengoo? Did she feel afraid to talk about her feeling after she heard Taengoo's confession? Why did Taengoo need to tell her that? It makes her anxious. "Or why don't you take my room and have a proper rest. I can take the couch. Tiffany can sleep in the other room with Hyomin. Now, our problem is solved!"

 

"Please, not the couch. I choose it earlier a few seconds than you, so the couch is already mine, Miss Jung."

 

"Taengoo, just take my room and have a real good sleep." Jessica insists in a lower tone. She doesn't sound demanding like previously anymore. "I really don't mind sleeping on the couch. I mean it."

 

"I get you, Miss Jung. But you are not in any better shape. You need to have a proper rest too. I would be just fine sleeping on the couch. I promise. We would not find an agreement if you want to take the couch from me."

 

"If you say so, please put Tiffany on the line. I need to speak with her."

 

"Don't you trust me, Miss Jung? I will tell her about your invitation."

 

"I'm afraid to break this to you. A trust is not an issue in here, Taengoo. I just thought it would be proper if I talk with her directly. Now, please let me talk with her already. Or maybe I should just call her directly if it was so hard for you to pass the phone to her."

 

"I will pass the phone to her, but before that... can I talk to you about her conditions? I'm afraid that you would be mad if you did not hear it from me when I have the chance to tell you."

 

"I'm really exhausted to talk about other things, Taengoo." Jessica revealed. Having to talk about her daughter and the things that happen to her in the past, really had drained her energy enough. It's really so hard to calm her sister's anger and cries awhile ago. Seeing her beloved sister's teary face had brought her to weep as well. She thought it's so tiring to talk about her feeling after what happen. "Can we take things slowly? Not that I can run away from you when you know where to find me."

 

Taengoo thought about the words ‘take things slowly’ that Jessica mentioned. She really needs to know from Jessica if she was already being considered as a special person in Jessica’s life. Jessica’s statements at the hospital came to her mind again.

 

"I'm sorry to ask this... I don't want to assume things that I'm not certain, so I need to get the answer from you before I misunderstood your statement. Miss Jung, are we kind of official right now? I mean, do you consider me, no, I mean, do you accept me to be your special someone? Someone that will take you for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health?"

 

"Yah! I said I’m not going to discuss other topic with you."

 

"But you can just say yes or no for the answer, Miss Jung. I need a confirma-----"

 

"NO!!"

 

Taengoo looked at her phone automatically when the other person just ended it. Her stare on her phone that last for a minute. It follows with her creepier grin that developing into a perfect smile. She was really sick to enjoy the rejection she received from Jessica. To her knowledge, a 'no' from Jessica is still like a screaming of a million 'yes'. Just because Jessica says no, it doesn’t mean that her life will crumble down.

 

Why she needs to doubt that?

 

Jessica wanted her and Hyomin to stay till New Year was already proven that Jessica wanted them in Jessica's life. Jessica not only like her, but their kid too. She witnessed how adorable Jessica interaction with her biological child was. It was such a good progression that gives her a relieve to see the mother-daughter reunion that the two of them were unaware of.

 

Well, she guessed that she has to keep on asking and proposing Jessica after this if she wants to live with the woman she loves and make her daughter spend more time with her real mother. Should she propose her in public like what she planned while they were on the flight? She will think about that option again.

 

When Taengoo entered the restaurant after getting into her conscience again, she noticed Tiffany just finished talking on the phone with someone. At that time, she saw her daughter is using a headphone while watching the cartoon on the i-Pad. Therefore, Hyomin paid no attention to other things besides the movie. Might be Tiffany was the one who made her daughter wear that. She wondered what Tiffany was talking on the phone till her daughter has to use it. She asked Tiffany directly to kill her curiosity.

 

"Was that a call from Jessica?"

 

"Yeah, she invited me to stay over at the place she stayed with you."

 

"And your answer is?"

 

"Of course, I don't want!" Tiffany hissed with eyerolling, acting like she really meant what she said. "She lets you sleep on the couch while letting me sleep in the other room with our daughter. I don't want you to sleep outside! She asked me to call or text her back if I can change my mind, but I don't know..."

 

"Fany-ah, I was the one who chose to sleep on the couch." Taeyeon feels that she deserves to give a clarification. She doesn’t want Tiffany to misunderstand Jessica. "Actually, she offers me her room because she doesn’t want me to take the couch, but I disagree. I prefer to stay on the couch and let both of you to have the rooms."

 

"Why don't you just sleep on the same bed with her?" Tiffany asked out of interest. "I got to know from our baby girl that the three of you slept together in the same bed last night. Why she needs to pretend like she is a saint now? It doesn't make a sense."

 

"You know that I wasn't being me when I happened to sleep with her last night." Taeyeon reasons out.

 

"So?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter