Voice

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Jessica whined silently when Taengoo left her inside the room alone. Taengoo had no idea how incredibly cute she was. ‘Ahhhh- gwi-yo-wo’ (귀여워 / cute). ‘Neo-mu gwi-yo-wo-seo’ (너무 귀여워서 / she's so adorable). Jessica chants these words repeatedly in her head. She was flustered so badly. Her face felt hot like she just ate spicy ra-myeon (라면 / ramen). She felt embarrassed when Taengoo pointed out about her affection that she happened to share it too quickly. How could she not like the woman who treats her like a goddess, Jessica thought? Listening all the stuffs playing in Taengoo’s head ever since last night were convincing her enough that she is so blessed to have Taengoo’s love and attention.

 

Right now, she can conclude Taengoo doesn't only feel attracted by her look, but Taengoo also feels attracted to character that she has in her. And she noticed, Taengoo seems to have a strange by wanting her to unleash her rage or violent side. Something that she thought not normal. She would love to get the answer how Taengoo develops that unhealthy feeling. She wants to help Taengoo if she can. Not that she likes to be an abusive person. She can’t do that to the person who takes a joined ownership of her heart. She must admit that she likes to hear Taengoo's thought ever since the day she discovered about her at the museum, although Taengoo made her feel scared to know she has a strange ability to read her thought at the beginning. Taengoo's point of view was very sweet, honest, funny... but also, sometimes she could be random, silly, or sound idiotic. Just take an example in the bowling alley when Taengoo acted like a dummy in the game. Taengoo really has a talent portraying a different emotion on her face after she cheated multiple times. She really felt entertained to hear Taengoo's thought and to watch her expression during those times.

 

Talking about physical attraction, she knew Taengoo likes her because she looks so gorgeous just like what she always heard Taengoo said from her mind. She has the same thought about her. Taengoo's so charming and beautiful. Other than being lovely, she has a perfect body and features. Something that makes her want to drool over. Her thousand-watt smile is the greatest. With or without her tiny dimple on the bottom of her side lips. Sometimes her smile makes her look innocent, sometimes it makes her look adorable, and sometimes it makes her look beautiful. Same goes like her exotic eyes. Her simple gazes could penetrate into her deepest soul if she's not being careful with it. She got to know, Taengoo has Heterochromia after Taengoo removed her lens last night. She had a déjà-vu by looking at the center of Taengoo’s orbs at that time. Something lustful that waking up her desire to be loved. Taengoo’s eyes that she could call as wondrous or magical. It's really sad, though. She can't pick Taengoo’s electric blue eye or emerald eye that has the same golden-brown inner ring as her favourite the most. Both have seemingly won her heart. She would really love to get trapped in Taengoo’s eyes if only Taengoo had no superpower that can control her mind just like what she overhead Taengoo intended to do while they were at the bar.

 

Taengoo’s sensual lower lip is so kissable, she thought. Taengoo gave her a bad mood by rejecting her request to give her a kiss. Because she would really love to discover or explore her feeling. Like how would Taengoo make her feel by having her delicate pink lips pressing against hers? Just imagining ling and nibbling Taengoo's lips could send her to heaven. What's more to taste them for real? Honestly, she can't feel sorry for having that lustful intention towards her girlfriend. Because her curiosity almost kills her. She has a few episodes of wet dream that she wanted to know if it's only a dream or if it's a story of her past. The bits and pieces that she could recall thru her dream. Did Taengoo happen to be the person who has no face like in her dream? The person who gave her countless breathless kisses? She really wanted to know that. Maybe she should claim all the kisses that she supposed to get from the failed to get a strike in the bowling alley due to her girlfriend cheated in the game. Perhaps, she could demand that if Taengoo has granted her an access to share more skinship or affection in the future. Right now, she knows Taengoo still feel uncomfortable to do that. Just like what she overheard while they played bowling, Taengoo wants to speak with her sister to get in depth about her treatment before she could kiss her. Her girlfriend being scared to take advantage of her situation is what made her respect and adore her more, actually.

 

Other than Taengoo's eyes and lips, Taengoo’s abs look impressive just as her biceps and triceps. The veins on her arms and hands were very prominent. Probably the effect of doing weight lifting, she thought. It seems that her girlfriend is just as fit as her. She really wanted to run her fingers to feel Taengoo's firm packs that very visible to her sight when Taengoo was still wearing her y crop top which revealed her tummy. But if she did so, she would bother Taengoo's sleep at that time. Luckily, she could control herself to behave and respect the unconscious person on the bed. She didn't touch Taengoo's abs like a creep because she got busy mapping her face. Like her eyebrows, her eyelashes, her upturned nose, the line of her lips, mole that she has on her cheek, nose, and side lips, and even her big ears. She watched them for hours while Taengoo under influence of the sleeping drug she injected her.

 

Who knows, the person that she’s anticipated to meet again, which is her girlfriend, had a pleasant personality and very adorable to stare even in their short meeting? Her profession even very attractive. She discovered her girlfriend has a training captain rank from the four stripes uniform she wore at the private lounge and from the pictures or video she posted on her private Instagram account.

 

She can't really stop herself from admiring her girlfriend, especially when she recalled how elegant she was during their encounter at the private lounge. That's not the first time she saw a female pilot, but that's the first time that she felt attracted so much to a female pilot. Like she became a gay all of the sudden after seeing her girlfriend who had a mocktail alone at the bar. Her girlfriend's sweet and addicting perfume seem like it has a magical love intention. It lingers around the place, doing its own magic. Enchanted her or haunted her so terribly. It gave her a confident to leave from the couch so she could sit next to her girlfriend on the bar stool in the private lounge. She was dying to make a conversation with her girlfriend at that time, especially when she recalled where she had seen her girlfriend before. Their museum encounter has given her a point to begin a conversation. But before she begins a conversation with her, once again, just like at the museum, she heard what were playing on her girlfriend's mind.

 

From 7.5 billion people in the world, her girlfriend is the only person that she could ever hear her voice from her head. Once again, she has unlocked the telepathic ability that she had no idea how she could obtain it. On that day, she got to know her girlfriend felt so nervous by having her sitting next to her. She got to know her girlfriend praised how beautiful like a goddess she was in her smart casual outfit. She got to know her girlfriend felt so happy to know she looked very healthy just like when she saw her at the museum. She got to know her girlfriend rooted for her to get better now and forever. And she got to know, her girlfriend wished her to live happily ever after with the man that she saw together with her at the museum.

 

After her girlfriend asked where she was heading to, her girlfriend wished her to have a safe flight and leave from the place quickly. She had no chance to ask her name or to get her number in return. When she knew from Krystal about, she has the ability to hear her special someone's thoughts, she tried to find her hurriedly at the terminal building. She only got upset when her girlfriend can't be found anywhere. For two months she felt tortured day and night thinking why they need to be separated if her girlfriend loves her? She could sense jealousy and pain when her girlfriend wished her mentally to live happily ever after with her cousin. How funny is that? Her cousin is a gay and already got married to the love of his life a few months before their encounter at the museum. Why on earth that her girlfriend asked her to live happily ever after with her married cousin? She doesn't even have a romantic feeling with her cousin other than treating him like an older brother. That wish 'happily ever after' suddenly upset her so much when she didn't feel happy at all by being separated from her girlfriend.

 

Taengoo has an idiotic persona in her. She is so dummy to love her and continue their couple anniversary alone. No wonder her sister really loves Taengoo to be with her, she thought. Krystal won't remind her multiple times that she is in a relationship with someone if not. What she knew from Krystal, she left Taengoo because she wanted to help herself from almost become anorexic and also, she wanted to help Taengoo in the future after she could control her trauma about something. The something that she still had no idea until now. Listening to Taengoo’s thoughts make her regret for choosing to leave her and their daughter, actually. Taengoo made her want to travel back to the past, so she could choose a different option if only she can. An option that she just discovered today. Why can't Taengoo help her before if Taengoo has a power that can control her mind? Being apart from her girlfriend and kid is obviously a stupid mistake. She was mad at herself for leaving them. And she can't fathom the reason why they need to be separated.

 

Like, come on!

 

Herself in the past was obviously a ba-bo (바보 / fool). Leaving Taengoo after they become official as a loving couple?? How can that make sense? It's so unacceptable giving Taengoo an agony to celebrate their anniversary alone. And she left her kid that she just discovered as her real daughter in Taengoo's custody too. The sad thing to know, it was her decision to leave them. And like how she got a daughter again? Did she marry and get a divorce before meeting Taengoo? With Donghae that she heard from Taengoo's thought? She wondered if Donghae is the trauma that her sister meant? Her sister never mentioned about Donghae or her daughter other than telling her, she is not single. There's no picture of any of them in her keeping too. It's so skeptical. Till now, she cannot believe she had given a birth to a beautiful girl that look exactly like the young her if she didn't answer her kid's phone call or saw her picture from Taengoo's Instagram.

 

She began to check Taengoo's Instagram account again. This time from her own phone. She had Taengoo's number and she had followed and accepted the request on her own while she had Taengoo's phone in her keeping before. Lucky to know, Taengoo only has less than 800 followers and following 300+ accounts. For posting entertaining videos and eye-catching pictures, she believed Taengoo could gain hundred thousand of followers if only she didn't make her account private. Not that she likes to see the comments and DMs on Taengoo's SNS. Taengoo's DM in KakaoTalk and Instagram were really a lot. Mostly from a woman. Either in aviation industry, or just random people. The people that she heard mentally Taengoo had helped them with her power. She saw they were a few chats where Taengoo replied with 'I Love You'. Sometimes, the conversation she read was incomplete. She saw deleted chat made by Taengoo. As such, she would really love to check that with Taengoo. Who is Hyoyeon, who is Yuri, and who is Sunny that she always shared her 'I Love You' message?

 

 

*******

 

 

-On the other side of the presidential suite‐

 

 

Taengoo needs to accept the fact, there is no other food that she can personally cook for their breakfast tomorrow. Jessica only has two boxes of cereal, almond milk, coffee, and fruits when Taengoo searched the food cabinet and fridge. It seems that Jessica was well aware about that. That's why Jessica didn't say anything when Taengoo offered to make something for their breakfast. Taengoo decided to serve whatever food they have in the place. Or perhaps, she could try to get a help from Mr.Lee, Jessica’s bodyguard to buy a few things that she needs from the nearest grocery store tomorrow. She would definitely do that, she thought.

 

After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she steps out of the bathroom to find something to do since she's not that sleepy yet. The presidential suite was really spacious. And her bedroom was kind of big compare to Jessica's room. It's like she has a master bedroom with a view where she can't find that in Jessica's room. There's a Jacuzzi and power shower in the bathroom. The bathroom that almost has the same size of her own bedroom in her home. The room that she occupied right now, it has a view facing a ski slope. She had closed the blackout roller blind and curtain from the curtain switch like what she did in the living room before she went into the bedroom where she will be sleeping tonight. She prefers to let it close for privacy. Because she played a few combat games, she thought, someone might watch her with a sniper or drones if she didn't close it. She knew human is scarier than ghosts. Just like what happened to them during their childhood. Since the place is not open for business yet, she wanted to be careful while staying in there with the person she loved. She doesn't want them to be dependent with the security or Mr.Lee fully. As a result, the room was totally dark awhile ago, but not right now. She had adjusted the light in dim mode to give a little light in the room.

 

Not long ago, she had sent a text to her bestie' group chat and also to some of them who did send a personal chat with her. Yoona sent a chat message which she needs to reply to reconfirm it was her who's still in control of the body. She required to do that because the GPS from her phone was showing them that she wasn’t in Seoul. Yoona wished her a good night right after she answered it correctly before she deleted the chat. She decided not to tell her friend about her meet up with Jessica yet. She will talk to them tomorrow after speaking with Krystal.

 

Ten minutes passed with Taengoo ended up resting on the 16 inches thick mattress after she failed to follow her heart to reach Jessica's room. She kept on changing her position of sleeping on the bed. From lying on her back with her arms wrapped around her head, she changed to lying sideways with a pillow that she snuggles tightly on her chest, and then, she changed again to lying on her stomach with her arms around her pillow and her head turned to the side. The position of her sleep kept on changing for every two to three minutes. She felt afraid to bother Jessica’s sleeping by saying something on her head. For the matter of fact, she had forgotten to ask Jessica how she could hear her thought. Like can Jessica still hears the voice from her head even if she occupied a different room? Or do Jessica need to look thoroughly into her eyes to know what she has on her mind like how she could read people’ thought sometimes?

 

‘Jessica-ssi… can you hear me?’ Taengoo whispered mentally. ‘Jessica-ssi… jeong-mal mi-an-hae (정말 미안해 / I’m really sorry) if I bother your sleep or give you a headache like last night. I can’t sleep yet, but I will try to force myself to sleep by counting sheep or mastering the corpse pose.’

 

She gave up three minutes later. Because she had so much to think after Jessica knew she was a special someone to her. The conversation that she had with Jessica was really too short, she thought. But she understands that she can’t ask Jessica more. The information that she needs should be addressed to Krystal directly. Should she give Krystal a call right now? If Krystal is in San Francisco, the time right now supposed to be around 8:30 A.M. But what if Krystal is in Seoul staying at their parents’ penthouse? Because she failed to ask where Krystal was when she had a chance to talk to Jessica before, so maybe she should just wait until tomorrow morning.

 

Taengoo collected her phone on the bed when she received Instagram notifications. She watched every notification she received from the same person for a few seconds. It came non-stop. The same person that she meant is no other than Jessica. Jessica just liked her Instagram pictures, videos, and IGTVs. It takes time for Jessica to drop every like because Taengoo has 500+ contents on her personal Instagram. Her content that covered time lapse video when she did smooth touchdown or take-off, breath-taking scenery that she captured from the cockpit, video or picture of social responsibility project that she did together with her friends, collage images of her adorable daughter and lovely mother, her random selfie, and not forgotten, IGTV of her playing electric guitar or doing a cover with her young kid.

 

She really wondered if Jessica had followed her account and accepted the request on her own while she was passed out? Her phone was fully charged when Jessica handed it back to her. And she was very well aware Jessica kept and had checked her phone during their conversation before. It must be just like what her instinct told her. Because she doesn’t remember accepting any new follower request.

 

Taengoo checked both of her Instagram accounts that only can be viewed by her follower. It happens, Jessica is really her new follower on her personal account and their couple Instagram account. Jessica even followed their kid’s Instagram account which was handled by her. Upon realizing this, Taengoo has a broaden smile on her face. Her excitement can't be put on hold or ignored. She spazzed on the bed like a lucky fan who had been followed by their favourite idol on Instagram. She really hopes Jessica would not be mad at her for screaming joyfully on her head right now. When she felt a little calm, she requests to follow Jessica’s private account back. Jessica didn't accept her request right away, though. She thought maybe Jessica's still busy liking her every post because she's still getting incoming notification from her personal account.

 

"Hi, can we have a talk?"

 

Taengoo heard Jessica's voice and a knock on the door while she was rolling her body on the big bed after she kissed the image on her phone.

 

"I can't sleep right now, even if I only slept for the period of an hour yesterday." Jessica announced again.

 

She was right in front of the door. Not dare to step any further without getting a permission from the woman that she knew as her special someone. Because Taengoo left the door open, so she could see what Taengoo did on the bed not long ago. She wondered if Taengoo just kissed her picture on the phone and if she was the reason why Taengoo rolled her body on the bed. Thirty minutes passed since she asked Taengoo to leave from her room. It's not easy getting a sleep when she felt all excited to know her girlfriend is in the same place as her. Receiving following request from Taengoo was the reason why she left from her room to find her girlfriend. Basically, that told her that her girlfriend is still up and can’t get a sleep too. It’s kind of funny when her girlfriend felt surprised by her presence at the place. Her girlfriend's big rounded eyes really had shown how dumbfounded she was to be watched like that on the bed. She could see her girlfriend being shy before being serious in a split second.

 

Jessica's statement made Taengoo’s emotion changed too quickly. By now, Taengoo probably knew the reason why Jessica can’t get her sleep. Being excited by saying a lot of things on her head had totally disturbed her woman.

 

"Mianhae." Taengoo left the bed to walk where Jessica was, so she could speak closer to her woman. "Did I bother you by speaking a lot on my head?"

 

"Nope." Jessica denied and wondered if Taengoo has talked a lot on her head like last night. All that she knew, she can only hear Taengoo's thoughts if they were being closer to each other bodies like right now. "I just don't feel sleepy."

 

"Same with me. I cannot get my sleep as well." Taengoo informed the truth. "I have been sleeping enough and I was actually gratified to have you in the same place as mine. But that’s very selfish of me to keep you awake. Do you know that I can help to put you to sleep? You can just ask me if you need that. I want you to rest comfortably without getting bothered by my voice. Furthermore, we have things that we need to do tomorrow. You should really get your sleep if you said you only had an hour of rest yesterday."

 

"Can we do it later? I still want to talk with you..."

 

Taengoo nods her head. Since both of them cannot sleep, maybe it's better if they can catch-up a few things for a little while. That's what she wanted to do too. She has a few questions that she needs to ask Jessica. But she doesn't want that to happen in the room. The place where she just made a fool of herself for being too excited.

 

"I don't mind talking anywhere with you. Shall we go to the living room? It's more comfortable in there. Promise I won’t attack you like before. I will behave this time."

 

Taengoo nervously smiles when Jessica just read her thought and suggested them the location where they can have a talk for a while. Jessica even made a joke about the thing that she almost did to her at that place.

 

"Give me a minute. I will follow you shortly."

 

Jessica turned around and walked towards the kitchen instead of the living room after she got a confirmation from Taengoo's lips. She made them two cups of fresh ground coffee. While she organized her step into the living room, she saw Taengoo was already in there with two pillows and comforter that she brings to the sofa. She wondered if Taengoo wanted to wrap their bodies with it by sitting near to the fireplace together? Not that the place is cold, she thought. Maybe she should set up the mood. Like change the temperature and turn on the music at that place. If it gets colder, she can use that excuse to snuggle closer to her girlfriend.

 

Taengoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter