Heart Road

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

Weekends were so painfully slow and quite annoying for Jessica. She felt like her days are so dull these days. All because of this one person. Been thinking about this one person day and night, was driving her nuts.

 

She still can't believe Taengoo has a superpower. Her story about how she got a superpower is still so hardly to believe. Just by getting electrocuted she received a superpower? But if she doesn't want to believe it, then how can she explain to Taengoo's appearance in her arms while she was in her office before? Or how could she explain about the petshop door that suddenly flung open till every cat from the shop run off, leaving the area? One of it was even following Byuntae and very tame as if Byuntae was the owner of the cat.

 

Knowing Taengoo, make her discovered something that she never expected to experience in her life. She's not only a D.I.D patient, but she also has a special ability that makes her super extraordinary. The thing that will cause an uproar if she ever found out by the entire world.

 

Taengoo makes her think differently about X-men movies after that day. She kept on thinking if mutant really exist in the world. There is no wonder why she thought she was so magical. She was truly a special edition person. From having a psychokinesis, and now Taengoo learned that her alter Zero might know how to teleport too? Taengoo doesn't need to beg her to keep her secret because she already took an oath to shut and protect her at all cost. She can't give her more trouble when she already gave her one.

 

Because of what happened, she had an argument alone about how she could hear Taengoo after she got into her consciousness in the hospital. Maybe Taengoo was the reason for her telepathy. She remembered the story about she had a cardiac arrest and almost losing her life. She wondered if Taengoo had accidentally transferred a little of her gift when she was battling to make her live and not to die. Because she can't explain it properly other than thinking it like that. Maybe she was wrong. But why she could only hear Taengoo's thought alone if she was wrong?

 

The thing that she experienced was still a secret that she tells no one. When Taengoo exposed about her superpower, she decides not to say anything about she could hear what’s on Taengoo’s mind if she was closer to her body. The timing was not perfect for her to tell about her story when she noticed how uncomfortable Taengoo already was at that time. Not sure what make her feel like that because they were sitting far from one another when they had a talk. She can’t even ask Taengoo to use her psychokinesis power by asking her to move objects as a proof.

 

If she's not mistaken, it’s supposed to be the weekend for the Autumn camping trip in Jeju. An outdoor date that Taengoo proposed to her the other day. Not sure if Taengoo is in Jeju for the camping trip or she is still recovering from her mental health in Yuri's house. She hopes Taengoo will fully recover, get a new phone, and contact her soon. She desperately needs an update about her. Furthermore, that's what Taengoo promised her the other day – she will contact her as soon as she got a phone. Unfortunately, till now still no news.

 

She thought that people always say no news is a good news? But why isn't there any a good news yet? Five days felt like five thousand years of waiting since she last met Taengoo at her office and dropped her off at Dr.Sunny's house. Maybe she was just being dramatic or obsessive to this little devil that irritated her again. ​​​​​She should just fill her time doing something rather than waiting her phone call like a fool. That's why when Irene invited her for a dinner at her house, she agreed without a second thought.

 

Dinner in Irene's house was superb. The food was very mouth-watering. She got to know, the food has been catered for them from a famous steakhouse that she visited together with Taengoo last time. What a night? It brought her to remember about Taengoo again when she thought she could have a break from overthink about her. Luckily, she only knew about it after her dinner. Maybe she didn’t have an appetite to eat if only she got to know before her dinner. Her guilt still haunting her even if Taengoo already forgave her. Not getting an update about Taengoo made her afraid like what if Taengoo has not recovered yet? This is what worrying her. The reason why she can’t have a peace till she hears something from Taengoo again.

 

While at Irene’s house, she met a few of the other unnies who have been invited together with her. Apparently, it's not only a normal dinner. They got to know it's a mini celebration for Irene. Irene will open her first fashion store next week in Gangnam. Instead, all of them are invited to the official pre-opening as well. They were all excited for Irene and can't wait to attend the pre-opening together. It's good to know when all of them are getting successful in their own business.

 

"Jess, are you alright?" Irene asked to the quiet person who didn't participate in their active conversations. Jessica was daydreaming almost the entire random conversation they have, making her wonder what bothered the young and talented business woman who was two years younger than her. For the record, they didn't only talk about business tonight, but also touching other topic such as family, politics, celebrities, etc... half of it is more to gossiping. "Did you hear that Mirim unnie suggested your name to the business tycoon in H.K?" Irene double confirmed with the quiet woman, so that she aware about the topic they currently had right now.

 

Jessica’s forehead furrowed with apprehension. She begins to search their face and stares at them one after another. "What business tycoon?" She asked with the surprise element in her voice. Blur and clueless to her unnies' gossiping content.

 

"Unnie suggested your company name to this business tycoon in H.K who interested to invest in beauty and spa. I met him a few times already. He would like to get your business proposal and see you in person if you interested to expand your business or make a deal with him. He could find a model in H.K and promoted your business internationally if you want." Mirim revealed as if Jessica hasn't covered her marketing strategy well with the help of her father. "He is single, anyway. In his late-forties. Divorced with a nine year old son. He is kind and very gentleman."

 

"But he is old and not that photogenic." Irene expressed straightforwardly. She had seen the photo of this man from Mirim unnie's phone just an hour ago before their conversation. To be honest, she didn’t fancy him.

 

"Yeah, but if you see him in person you will agree that he’s not bad looking at all." Angela argued. Besides Mirim, she had met the business tycoon with her husband.

 

"Not to forget that he almost had no hair." Irene gasped and shrugged her shoulder. Still, can't agree with their unnie's choice about this man. Why can’t they find Jessica a nice looking guy? She knew that man is not Jessica’s ideal type. She received a glare from Mirim for her honesty that only make her mouthed 'what' as a protest.

 

"But he is still in a good shape, Irene. He took care of himself really well with physical fitness. You can see it from his SNS." Gina added before shifting her attention towards Jessica. "Most importantly, he is not a player. He is very generous and very fatherly type. You can groom him the way you like once you get to know him."

 

"It’s sounded like we try to find her a sugar daddy…" Irene slayed the senior sister once again with her brave comments.

 

Jessica knew where this conversation going. This is not like a business deal, but more like getting personal. The smile on each of her unnie's faces make her assume it like that. She kinds of knew the meaning of their smiles. It's not only a day or two she had known them. By the way, they find her a bald man, divorced with a son, and maybe only a few years younger than her father? They wanted her to groom this man? She wanted to put her hand against her chest and gasped like Irene. It's truly unbelievable to have unnies like them, she thought. They always tried to be her matchmaker. She remembered, they have arranged a blind date and find her a bald man, even while she was engaged with Donghae before. Are they having a with a bald man or what? Pardon her. She had nothing against bald men because she knew a few celebrities with bald hair style and she thought they looked smouldering hot. It's just, she wondered why they always choose a bald man for her? This consistency from them make her want to ask what factor to make them choose a bald man for her.

 

"I'm seeing someone..."

 

The second she announced the things on her head, she felt stupid. She has no direction about her status with Taengoo right now. Taengoo hasn’t told her the story about her contract marriage yet. They are not official, even if Taengoo was showing interest in her. Now they lost contact. She doesn't know where this will lead her. Or maybe she should relax and just wait and see. She thought by announcing it, it will help her to get out of their matchmaker plan. But it only brings her into a deep trouble by attending to their questions.

 

"Seriously?" Gina who sat across from her asked in surprised.

 

"That’s cool! Is it someone that we know?" Irene checked interestedly while staring at Jessica's face deeply after Gina.

 

"I can't say anything at this point because we just enter the phase of getting to know each other." She covered it up quickly. Of course, partly she doesn't want them to find her someone when she already likes Taengoo a lot. It's nothing about the bald, old, and divorced man. It's all about her heart and mind that already fixated to one person. She had chosen Taengoo and thought she should stay with Taengoo. Even when she was engaged with Donghae, she never went to any blind date that they have arranged for her. That’s her style. She was so loyal as before and she thought that she can't change the pattern simply right now. "When I'm certain about everything, I will tell unnies." She tried to smile, only to get nervous to the similar question by Angela unnie again.

 

"Do we know this person?" Angela tried to reconfirm by asking gently.

 

"I really can't tell..." Jessica tensed in her seat. Not sure if she should tell them about Taengoo or not. Taengoo had met all of them twice. They were pleased meeting Taengoo at that time after knowing her profession as a counselor that helping her to move on. She unsure if they gonna like her after this. What would they say if they know the counselor got involved emotionally while treating her before? Perhaps, it’s really not a good time for her to tell them anything yet. She should consider a lot of things before revealing Taengoo's name to them. Maybe, she could tell them about her, instead. She can't hide it anymore from them. Sooner or later they will know about it also. Moreover, she badly needs their advice right now... even if maybe she won't change her mind if they dislike

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter