When I Was Young

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s note: Sorry for being busy and being late to update. I get sick frequently, but I’m fine now. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year in advance. Thanks for reading this story. I wish for a healthier lifestyle for the year 2019. Hope you guys will have a healthier lifestyle too.

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV:




A few seconds after I heard the gorgeous woman mumbled the words that I believed has been dedicated to me, she begins to get into her consciousness again. Her eyes blink a couple of times more. Probably, adjusting the light in the area.

 

I watch with full of interest and passion how her short and very thin eyelashes flutter once, twice, and thrice… she is simply amazing! How many times she needs to take my breath away? The question is, do I really mind? She is a goddess, anyway. It's only right why I feel this way.

 

The light that shines on her really makes her look like a fallen angel. I can't believe I was this lucky to see her this close again. Previously, she had the reading light for her seat, telling me she can't get her sleep if it was too dark when I tried to ask. I can't talk or ask her more because to be honest, her face really looks worn out at that time. I knew she had been crying while she was in the lavatory room. I heard it from Nayeon that she heard the woman who sat in the same row as me has been crying inside. I assumed it happened because of me. I can’t find any reason why she wants to cry other than me.

 

After she came out of the lavatory room, I can't take my eyes off her. I just don't want to miss a single glimpse of her. The first thing that I noticed when she gets closer to me was her red eyes. I want to convince her that everything will be alright from that moment on, but all that I could say was just a simple, Hi.

 

Right now too, I have to control myself from trying to make a conversation with her. The clear eyebag on her face really reminded me during our first meeting. I thought that I was really so bad for making her becoming like this. Being the reason of her getting thinner and look like a sick person really hurt me. I knew what a broken heart can really do to people. I've been there. Experience it twice. It’s never been easy.

 

Being the reason why she has that eyebag this time make me realize something. I deserve a strong slap or a hard punch on my eyes if that can make us equal. I want to take that pain that I caused her or be an equal like how she felt. I can't accommodate the overwhelming feeling even if I know I really meant so much to her. I wish that she knows that I want to love her forevermore. Maybe, I should let her get a little more rest before sharing the details about me and Tiffany or about my intention to ask her hand for marriage. Should I try to help her using my gift just like last time?

 

"I can't sleep." She uttered the words quietly after a moment later.

 

There's a sound of frustration in her voice that make me feel like I want to help her get the sleep that she wanted. All that she needs to do is to look into my eyes. I wonder if she has a bad dream. Did I come to bother her in her sleep too? Is that why she said those words to me before? Even if I like to know she had a dream about me, I can't be so excited for it. Again, I dislike if I become the reason why she can't get the sleep that she wanted to have.

 

"Not comfortable?" I tried to check. I want to offer her a comfort. Aside our daughter, she is the most important person that I want to look after. "I bring an extra neck pillow in my hand carry bag. Should I get them?"

 

"I’m fine. Thank you." She replied quickly with eyes gawking on our sleeping daughter before me. "I don't want to disturb her peaceful sleep."

 

For the following time, I feel glad to be in love with her. Her loveliness to worry about our daughter really moved me again. Our daughter is indeed so lucky to have four mothers, I thought. Apparently, Seo was the only mother that she never knows, but loves her so much when she got the chance to raise her for a few months.

 

"I can request from the cabin crew if you don't want me to move from my seat." I explained a little. Very well aware why she declines my offer. I've requested a pillow and blanket for our daughter from Nayeon before. I knew Nayeon doesn't mind to give me extra if I want another set. Only if it's still available, I thought. I hope it does or else I need to get a help from Nayeon to get the neck pillow from my bag. "It doesn't hurt to say, yes, please, Miss Jung."

 

"Yes, please... I don't want them." She informed me with her tired face before she continued again by saying it in her soft-angelic like kind of voice that I love to hear. Her expression was very different than the previous one this time. She was so soft, and you know, very heavenly like. That kind of voice that sway me totally. "I want you..."

 

Her announcement almost making me shows the creepier side of me. I want to smirk like silly, but I have to control myself. What did she say? She wants me? I was smiling on the inside. I get excited like there is a sick parasite that live inside of me. What does she mean by saying she wants me? I feel like I want to jump from my seat this instant and ask her, me? Me? Me? Me? She can have me, get me, or claim me all that she wants! I really don't mind. I almost scream yeaahman~ to reply her.

 

"M-me?"

 

Somehow, the word that came out of my mouth say it differently. I look hesitant. Only because I was so afraid if I scared her by getting all excited. My creepiest smile almost betrayed me right now. I don't know how to control myself. I feel like I want to throw myself to her if she really wants me. I'm a trash. Such a huge trash for her. I wonder if she will get scared if she knows this.

 

"I wanted to say that I want you to lend me your shoulder instead of getting a neck pillow... but I have changed my mind now." She closed her eyes to cut short our eye-contact, killing my excitement on the spot.

 

Okay, she is always like this, I thought. Making me feel all excited and then she changed her mind to make me feel down. Why do I even complaint? Her behaviour is the reason why I fell for her. Look how bad she was to tease me like this.

 

Isn't she so adorable? She is the best when she killed my excitement.

 

'But I have changed my mind now.' I repeated her last lines a couple of times in my head. Believe it or not, she makes me sick to imitate her more and more. She is a jewel. Her charm never failed to make me fall head over heels for her. 'But I have changed my mind now.' I imitated her voice again. Can't get enough to hear the words that killed my excitement.

 

Perhaps, I should record our every conversation. It seems like I can't get enough to hear her voice.

 

 

*******

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

I sighed mentally when she is still being funny by repeating the last sentence I said in her head. It didn't stop after a few minutes passed. I heard it again and again, playing in her head like it became her obsession. I've been trying so hard to sleep in here. But I know I won't get it so easily if she's still awake. I only had a nap instead of a sleep when her voice keeps on hijacking into my brain. I wish I can have a mute button in my head, so I won't hear her secret thought at a time like this when I needed a rest. Well, that's the price that I have to pay for being able to hear her secretly, I guessed.

 

I know she will never go to sleep if I ask her. Not only because she wants to watch me, but I believe because she will be worried if no one will watch our daughter. Maybe I should just stay awake like her.

 

"I can't sleep anymore." I declared.

 

I almost raise my hands in the air when I could still hear her repeating my last lines in her funny head. It's not her entire fault why I can't sleep. She doesn't aware that I can hear her. If she knew it, maybe it will be a different case. Since she doesn't know, I don't want to be angry simply with her, anymore.

 

"Miss Jung, do you know that I can hypnotize you to put you to sleep. Do you want me to help you?"

 

She suddenly made an offer that I heard from her thought just a little earlier. An offer from her really doesn't sound bad. What’s more, I really need a sleep as well.

 

"You can do that?"

 

"I can…" She opens her palm to travel beyond its territory. It didn’t touch me yet. Her hand just levitated in the air, very close to my body, asking me to reach her hand, maybe. "…If you allow me to hold your hand."

 

She gave me a condition? So the help that she told me is apparently not free? I need to agree to hold her hand as the price?

 

"Why my hand, though?"

 

Out of curiosity, the questioned slipped out of my mouth. I looked at her hand that still didn’t move a bit before finding her face. She was smirking at me right now.

 

"I love how your hands make me feel butterflies sensation in my stomach. They are the warmest. Always never failed to give me an excitement each time when I got the chance to hold them."

 

I wish that I could tell her that I do feel the same.

 

"Do we have an agreement, Miss Jung?" She snapped me out with her request. The request that will only make me look very easy if I agree. "Hold it for a little while also will do if I can’t hold them for as long as I wish."

 

Well, I didn’t know that she wants to touch me this badly.

 

"No!" I voiced out strictly. I can’t just tell her YES on the spot, can I? I knew she will think that I’m very easy to make a deal if I just agree. Furthermore, I’m afraid if she makes me feel giddy for holding my hand at a time like this. "You can keep your hands out of my personal space, Taengoo. Let’s just stay awake till we landed in San Francisco. I’m fine if I can’t sleep."

 

"Why it does sound like a yes to me each time when you say, no, Miss Jung?" She lets out a sigh, moving her hand away from my space. Her dreamy eyes still darting at me. Not leaving me even for a second like she was really so obsessed with me. I knew I would be afraid if she wasn't the person that I know. Gladly, she was someone that I know. It won’t bother me that much to handle that kind of gaze from her right now. "I will just send you to sleep without any condition if like that. I want you to have a good rest as I have things to talk with you later after you wake up."

 

"Talking about what?" I utte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter