Drawing Our Moments

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV:

 

 

Jessica just launched herself towards me while I was having a thought of the consequences I need to bear if I follow her request. I managed to clasp my mouth with my palm before her lips could press against mine. I was shooketh when she attacked me like that.

 

"Yahhh!" She yelled in front of my face after slapping my arm in an upset manner. I see how sekshi she was right now. But sorry, gorgeous. Please give me a little time to think. "Let me kiss you if you can't give me a kiss! I need to figure out something!!"

 

I was in a lay down position on the sofa with Jessica is hovering on top of me. Her behaviour is like the calm before the storm if I think about our quietness in the dining room. It's like she's having a bipolar syndrome. I was unprepared for her attack. Really. It scared me. I still clasped my mouth ever so tightly. I ended up speaking with my hand still clasping on my mouth. I must look like a fool to be chicken scared.

 

"Be patient. Give me a time to think."

 

She fiercely glared a dagger at me. My heart skips a beat for that icy look. My adult princess is neomu yeppeune (너무 예쁘네 / so pretty). How can she be this impatient, just because of a kiss, I thought?

 

"I have a girlfriend." That's the only idea came up in my mind. "I can't give you a kiss simply li---"

 

I got a jab on my arm. Something that didn’t give me any pain at all. Because she only did a light jab. I see how eager and upset she was. She grew stronger in a second with her hands try to pry open the blocking I did. I don't know if I feel sorry or if I feel scared or if I feel loved by looking at her face anymore. But mostly, I feel captivated by the fierce look that I was presented.

 

"Wait! O-okay! Okay. I will give you a kiss." She stopped her attack, but still hovering on top of me. I can see her cleavage. It's such a distraction. Just like how pretty she was to be angry at me like this. "How about if we play a game?" I suggest when an idea popped up in my head. "Wait! Wait! Please listen." I continued nervously when she forcefully tried to pry open my hands again. "I saw bowling alley was one among a few facilities offered at this resort. I noticed that from the brochure of this property. The brochure that you placed near to the T.V. Let's play bowling. If you get one strike, I will give you a kiss that you want."

 

She looked at my hands that still clasping my mouth for a minute before I heard her reply.

 

"Fair deal. I need to earn that kiss. So, I accept your challenge."

 

I was at eased when she lets me go.

 

"Give me five minutes to change." She announced in a different mood before leaving me from the living room in a hurry.

 

I catch my breath after she left me. Oh, God! What should I do, I thought?

 

As what I realized at the pool, she still has no idea about me. It could explain why she asked me about who I was. And after listening to her statement that she was curious about so many things and want to figure them out with me, maybe I can conclude she collected a fraction of a memory. Some unclear vision or episode that she may encounter in the process, especially after seeing me. I just wonder since when it started? Did it happen during our unexpected meeting in the private lounge? Or did it happen at the bar after she saw me again?

 

All I know, I have to be very careful. I'm not sure if she's still single or in a relationship with the man that I saw together with her in the museum. It's not her fault to fall in love with someone else other than me. Basically, I wasn't existed in her life after she lost her memory about us. It's funny that I still want to move forward in my relationship with her, although she might have someone else in her life now. But it's not like she's already got married. My one-sided relationship status with her right now will only be over after she got married to someone. For now, I still have a chance. However, I'm not going to scare her by telling her everything about us. Wouldn't it be very dangerous if she knows about everything without a professional help?

 

When I recalled to the man who was with Jessica at the museum, I felt like he's very similar to Jessica's bodyguard right now. Just his body not that bulky. He wore smart attire on the two occasions I saw him together with Jessica. If the man was one of her bodyguards, is that mean Jessica still single after losing her memory? Maybe I should really contact Krystal tomorrow to know more about everything. I can be happy all I want after seeing her, but seriously, I don't want Jessica to face any trauma by remembering our childhood and about what Donghae did to her without knowing her progress. There are too many things that I need to think before telling her about us. That’s why I hesitated to give her a kiss till she launched herself towards me awhile ago.

 

 

*******

 

 

It's been one and a half hour we play bowling that located in the resort. We didn't have to wait that long for Jessica's bodyguard to help us in opening the switch and everything before. He has been around in the resort when Jessica gave him a call. He was monitoring the perimeter with the security at the checkpoint and also checking the security’s log book who guard the entrance of the hotel. Two of the securities were with him at the time when he arrived at the bowling alley. The three of them left the two of us alone ten minutes before our game start.

 

The bowling alley with the name Glowing Bowlers offers a different experience during a night compare to when it was played in bright daylight. It has a night theme. Very common these days. That’s the aspects that will be offered to its future guest. We played bowling in the dark. It's glow in the dark, actually. With 20 lanes available in the bowling alley. It looks pretty romantic to have a nice music while playing bowling in the dark with the woman I love. Jessica looks wonderful with her hair that gathered and tied nicely in a ponytail. She had one set white sweater and pants like me. We actually wear the same brand of Adidas apparel. I see her glowing in blue like a goddess for wearing a white outfit. She’s very attractive and very pleasant to see. I always felt the air around me become lively whenever she's around.

 

Before the game begins, she did a little stretching and asked me to join her along near the bar stool and table where people can have a drink or just to catch a breath. She looks like a professional bowler with the stretching that she taught me. We never went to a bowling center together during our past outing when I stayed with her. So, this is considered my new moment in a bowling alley with her. Alone and in a big facility. I could see that she knew about bowling. She picked the right shoes, the right ball for her weight and fingers, and she knew about the strategy where she should stand to hit her targeted pins by following the arrows and dots. Her devotion to get a strike and to win my challenge can be seen clearly by me. Even before the game begins, I knew she could get what she wants easily.

 

We are on our fourth games right now. We played for two players on the same lane. Mean, I will get my turn after she threw her ball, and her turn will come next after mine. Jessica swings her arm and threw her ball always with style. Counter-clockwise. Either with curve or UFO spinner technique. Her picked is ebonite golden one 10lbs ball. Always targeting pin number 1, 2 or 3, traveling at a speed of 16 miles per hour. She always makes sure to get a little dab of baby powder from the bowling powder bag whenever she feels the ball is sticking to her fingers.

 

The reason why she still didn't get a strike yet because I cheated at the game she played. I made sure one or two pins were untouched, even if she threw with a good speed and technique. Either pin number 1, 9, or 10. Sometimes, I made it split. She could have knocked down all the pins multiple times during our first game and I could have given her a kiss right after when we start the game. But that didn’t happen till now. To make it fair, I have a gutter ball most of the time. Or I just knocked down a few pins. I haven't gotten any strike just like Jessica because I knew how to direct my ball in the wrong direction. Even if Jessica didn’t get a strike, she always made spare consistently. I thought that she is a pro bowler. One of her hidden talents that I just discovered.

 

On our sixth time playing the game, she’s always running near me after she threw her ball. I have to praise how great and powerful her curve ball, although she still didn't get a strike yet. Actually, I always praise her since the beginning we played. I was impressed with her talent. But now, it moved to another level. I have to clap my hands, add more to my facial expression, and cheered her very, very loudly. It also worries me… I know she’s extremely committed to the game we played. So, what if she wants to play forever? It could hurt her hand and back body if that happened. Not that I want that to happen.

 

"It's your turn." She told me nicely in her soft-angelic voice that charmed me after she didn't get a strike, but just spare.

 

I nod before I speak nervously. "N-ne."

 

I felt like a jerk and awfully guilty to use my power. I wish that it's easier to give her a kiss. We didn't have to go through this process. I really want to help her to bring back her memory about me and our daughter. But I don't want to scare her. The best I can think is to wait till I get the chance to contact Krystal to know the process of her treatment before her helper was hospitalized. I don't think I should listen to my friend to be patient about not meeting her anymore. Maybe I can help her differently. I have my own power where I can control her mind. I just need her consent to do that.

 

"You keep on throwing your ball out of the lane. Let me teach you how to throw them the right way."

 

I heard she speaks from behind me after I collected the purple and pink marble swirl 10lbs ball that I chose for every game. I follow her instruction like I'm really a dummy or a newbie to the game. I was nervous in a good way. It felt great when she taught me how to play, actually. I suddenly felt loved. Ah, my woman is so amazing, I thought. Awhile ago, she had no patience to get a kiss from me, but after we start the game, she plays it patiently, and she even taught me how to play the right way. The guilt I felt for cheating in the game went up to another level too. She made me want to change my mind right now to let her just get the strike that she deserved.

 

When her next turn begins, I didn't play dirty anymore. I let her play fairly. But something unexpected happened at the time when I decided not to use my power anymore. Jessica sprained her wrist after she threw the ball counter-clockwise. She finally got the strike. But the mood is already changed because I was worried with what happened to her. We immediately stopped the game and went back to the presidential suite.

 

I gathered ice cubes from the fridge, wrapped it with a towel, and placed it around her wrist. I hope it can reduce the pain or swelling she felt, temporarily. I was worried sick after what happened. I knew it’s all my fault. She won’t get injured if I never use my power to control the game. We could have stopped playing the game if she got a strike earlier. I checked her expression constantly. She didn't complain a thing. She just let me treat her injury like it didn't hurt her at all. It’s either she doesn’t want to make me feel worry or she could bear the pain.

 

"Can we go to the hospital?" I voiced out my intention to the woman on the bed. I was sitting on the edge of the bed where she was resting with her arm was on my lap. While she was sitting with her back that she leans against the headboard. "We need to scan your wrist. What if it fractures because of what happened?"

 

"Why?" She asked me in her soft voice as I look her on my left side. "Do you feel guilty now?"

 

Well, I do. I feel guilty to the core. My heart gets so heavy after what happened to her.

 

I admit my fault by giving a nod. "I'm sorry... I should not suggest us playing the game if I know this would happen." I stopped the thing that I want to say further. How can I tell her that I have telekinetic where I can move objects with my mind? What if I scare her right now?

 

"I know now..." She announced in serious expression and intonation. "I think I start to like you better after I get the chance to talk with you during our second meeting in the private lounge. You were on my mind day and night after that meeting. Hearing y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter