Time Walking Through Memories

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV:

 

 

"Jessica-ssi, wae geu-rae-yo (왜 그래요 / what's wrong)?" I announced confusingly, staring at her who kept on laughing hysterically while sitting on the bench with our daughter.

 

She covers from our view when she laughs. I wonder what amused her that much. She makes me want to laugh along with her for no reason now.

 

"Do I have something funny on my face?" I tried to reconfirm my doubt.

 

We were at Hangang Park at 4 PM, having a little outdoor activity with our dearest daughter. Only the three of us. Mom decided not to follow us. She preferred to just rest at home. She told me to have fun playing the outdoor self-balancing transporter which has been delivered into our home since yesterday morning. I ordered them last Friday and mom helped me to charge them directly upon receiving it. Mom gave a reassurance not only to me, but to Jessica too. About she will be alright staying at home with Jessicat, Jessichi, and Jessichu. She added that they could follow us for our picnic plan tomorrow.

 

With us, we have two adult hoverboard or self-balancing electric scooters with handle and one hoverboard without handle. Hyomin was using complete outdoor sports protector, while me and her gorgeous umma were only using a helmet and knee protector. It's been an hour of monitoring our daughter doing balancing or playing her hoverboard without handle before we decided to take a break at the available bench near to the convenience store. We were so lucky to get that spot after a couple left from the area.

 

Normally, Friday evening like this considered as peak hour. A lot of people could be seen enjoying themselves at the famous park, facing the Han river. Be it a local citizen or a group of tourist. Some of them were spotted having a picnic, jogging, doing speed walk, or just walking leisurely with their companion. While the others were spotted riding a bicycle, playing skateboard, rollerblade, and self-balancing electric scooter like us as what I noticed. There’s a rented bicycle service available at the park too. Somewhere near the E-land Cruise Terminal. The place where we took a rest for temporary.

 

I grabbed three mineral bottles and three vanilla ice-creams from the convenience store for us before I went to where Jessica and Hyomin were resting. We have removed our helmet and protective gear near to our scooter before. Same goes to our baby girl. Jessica was laughing the moment I opened the mineral bottle's cover for our daughter with a pop sound. I’m not really so sure if I have something on my face to make Jessica laughed that much. But she was looking at me as if I was the reason of her laughter.

 

"I just... remember something." She uttered in between her laughter.

 

I believe her stomach could be cramped if she laughs that much.

 

"Mwo-ya (뭐야 / What)?"

 

"Your funny thought…" She laughed and resumed her talk again, "When our flight just took off from Incheon heading to San Francisco last time."

 

Since we happened to have only one flight experience together, I have no problem to recall about that day. It was the best day of my life, breathing the air for the first time with her and our daughter. That was so amazing. I couldn’t forget the adrenaline I received from following her on the flight and got the chance to swap our seats to be in the same row as her.

 

I recalled I want to keep the air that I breathe in a plastic bag and label it as, "The pure happiness oxygen of all?" I announced, trying to guess the reason of her laughter.

 

She kept on laughing, ignoring my guessing and Hyomin who watched her with a great delight. I could see her all day like this. I swear. I love it. Totally. But could she share with us what's making her laugh so hysterically?

 

"Mwo-ya~ (뭐야 / What)?" I asked bewilderedly before I heard our daughter was asking the same thing.

 

"Umma, what's so funny?"

 

She brings Hyomin to sit on her lap as she gradually stops sharing my biggest serotonin of the day. I was in a complete awe to witness her laughter. Shortly, she pulled me from my hand and guided me sitting next to her. The place where our daughter sat a second before. Only after she helps Hyomin drinking her mineral she was able to tell us the reason of her big laughter.

 

"Awile ago, umma heard someone fart while jogging passing us."

 

Hyomin giggles cutely as she tilted her head and says, "Oh? That's why umma covers Hyomin's mouth and nose with umma's hand?"

 

"Ne (네 / Yes). Umma is very bad, isn’t it? Umma shouldn't laugh like this." She tried to justify her reason more to our kid. "It’s just... it makes umma remember something."

 

Now, I know why she laughed like that. She must remember my point of view about I could take her stinking gas in my system. My serotonin or anti-depressant boost continues. It was the best medicine to see her begin to laugh again. I predict, she overheard the things I said in my head just now. I guess, I was right when she nods her head a couple of times as she looks at me on her side. I couldn't believe that memory could bring her into a big laughter right now when she was so quiet and made me believe she was really having a nap at that time.

 

"Mama taught Hyomin to say, 'excuse me' and bow Hyomin's head a little if Hyomin accidentally farts while being around people. Same goes to when Hyomin has to sneeze or just sneezed."

 

"O-gu jal-haess-ne (오구 잘했네 / You did a great job)!" My woman replied proudly as her laughter dies down again. She pats Hyomin's head lovingly before giving a kiss at the same spot. "Mama was right. Just forgive umma for being bad to laugh like this."

 

"Waeee~ (왜 / why)? We love to hear your laughter." I announced immediately. Not hiding the thing that I love to see from her face. Although, I love when she's being sekshi, I can't deny I also love to see her face while she was laughing. Moreover, her laughter was because of me. Not that she teased the joggers who accidentally farted. "I wish that you could laugh every second, every minute, and every hour like this, Jessica-ssi."

 

Hyomin turns her body around to see me before our beloved person.

 

"Umma doesn't need to be sorry for laughing."

 

"Geu-reoh-ji (그렇지 / Right)!" I interrupt before Hyomin continues again.

 

"It's really nice to hear umma's laughter. Because Hyomin always see umma cries and be sad. Jin-jja-ro (진짜로 / really). Only when we go out like this umma would be happy and smiling. It's really, really hard to hear umma laughing at home. O-neul jin-jja jae-miss-eoss-eo-yo (오늘 진짜 재밌었어요 / I really had fun today). Hyomin got to go out with Hyomin's jojes umma and beautiful mama, and Hyomin got to hear umma's adorable laughter."

 

Jessica gave another kiss on our daughter's forehead before she holds my hand. Her heavenly touch gave me some butterfly on my stomach automatically. It was the same when she drags me to sit near to her before. I really love the way she holds my hand and see her affection with our daughter. She's so warm just like her hand. Her angel tone that she used while speaking with Hyomin making me feel like I'm living in Paradise.

 

"If like that... Umma will try to laugh more often from today onwards." She announced with the sound of sincerity in her voice while I try to take something from the plastic bag with my free hand to show them what else that I bought other than mineral water. "Oh? Mama bought some ice-cream for us. It's our treat day. It's really a fun day. Go-ma-wo... (고마워 / thank you)." She mouthed 'honey' and pucker her lips to kiss the air, which she meant to give it to me.

 

Her naughty gesture made me chuckle lightly. I was high for a moment before I could concentrate distributing the ice-cream. I felt blissful to see her being playful like that.

 

"Go-mab-seub-ni-da (고맙습니다 / thank you), mama." Hyomin happily received the ice-cream that I passed to her.

 

"Ne. Do you want mama to unwrap it for you?"

 

"Thank you, mama. Hyomin wants to unwrap it myself."

 

I guess it right. She wants to do it herself. I took the time to look at the gorgeous woman beside me to share about something quickly. I'm aware that her telepathy works at our distance.

 

'Can we postpone our couple exercises to 7ish or 8ish? We should wait till sunset before we go home.'

 

My lovely woman gave me a nod instantly, agreeing to spend more time with Hyomin at Hangang Park. "She would love that. I purple rain you."

 

"Na-do (나도 / Me too)." I grinned widely like our kid. I'm such a lucky human to hear that four words from her. "I purple rain you."

 

Our love confession was easier to say while being around our daughter today. We never knew we could announce that when Hyomin was around. The meaning that only the two of us knew better.

 

For the record, we haven’t found the right time to tell Hyomin about our feeling yet. As such, she truly didn’t know about me and Jessica was having a romantic feeling. She just thought that we were best friend like my relationship with her pretty godmother. Perhaps, we should discuss it first before telling her about our preference. I mean who we choose to love and why we were so serious with each other.

 

 

*******

 

 

It's already past midnight. I made fresh green smoothie for me and my gorgeous woman after our routine exercise not long before. They are my kind of energy drink after workouts. Because we had skipped this morning exercise, we had to replace them at evening. No Pilates and Yoga for today's exercise. We have a plan to do them tomorrow morning with mom and our daughter.

 

Other than cardio exercise, we do weight-lifting together. Couple exercise were so exciting when I was doing it with my gorgeous woman. I got to witness she unleashed her tantrum a few times due to exhaustion. I was contented to witness her sekshi side at that time. You see, she shouldn’t overdo her limit. Genuinely, I was so afraid if it will strain her muscle.

 

A few hours ago, she tried to lift the weight I used to test her strength with the weight she never lifted before. Unfortunately, she cannot lift them for more than five seconds. I only let her do one-rep max with my help. I reasoned out she could do them slowly, changing the weight that she's comfortable based on her physical strength. We have the rest of our lives together to do that. And we were not doing weight-lifting to join any competition. For me, it’s just for health and strength. Gladly, she listens to me. She’s so adorable to even be moody about it at the beginning, I thought. I guess, she was absorbing her baby charm for this week by being so adorable like that. God, I was so in love with her.

 

Jessica was resting on my lap while watching Netflix when Jessicat suddenly jumps and sat on my shoulder to my side lips. We were on the L-shape sofa in the living room now. Hyomin and mom were in their respective rooms sleeping. Jessichu was with Hyomin, accompanying her sleeping on her bed while Jessichi was in Jessica's arms, sleeping with her belly facing the ceiling. Jessicat was nowhere to be seen before because maybe she was staying in the rich cat zone. The place where we saw her after we got back from Hangang Park.

 

We were not sleeping yet because I was chatting with someone from the website which I rarely appears these days and Jessica decided not to sleep early tonight. She said that she had an hour nap this afternoon before we went to Hangang Park. Jessica knew what I did right now. She was okay when I ask her if I can go online tonight instead of watching Netflix with her. Yes, I need to get her permission because I don’t want to upset her to watch Netflix alone. She said she understands my other responsibility, even if I didn't ask her permission. She's so lovely, I thought. Despite not being able to watch Netflix with her, she wants to accompany me in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter