Missing You Like Crazy

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

 

The ambiance in the room makes me feel a little uneasy again. I could hear the centralized sound of aircon buzzing on top of the center of the ceiling in the room. The noise can be irritating and distracting at times. Like the compressor is broken or malfunctioning. Wonderfully, it’s still cold and freezing. The blanket can’t even give me the warm that I need. I wish I could turn it off like how I did to the T.V when none of the channel I saw could capture my interest. My selfish-self wants Taengoo to come into the room soon. I wonder what take her so long to eat the pizza outside. I've finished taking the doughnut and chicken porridge thirty minutes ago, even if I truly have no appetite to eat them. It’s been an hour since I last saw her – an hour that feels like a day for me! How long should I wait till she comes back?

 

I miss her companion like crazy! It’s not necessary to talk with me, just be in the room with me was enough to make me feel happy. But why she takes so long to eat six slices of pizza?

 

I checked my phone that she handed it to me before my parents and Krystal left me. I saw a lot of missed calls and incoming messages from a few familiar persons once I enter the password. Yuri, Wendy, Irene Unnie, Mirim Unnie, Angela Unnie, and Donghae. I shoved the phone away upon seeing the last name that I don’t know what else to say to make him stop finding me. I should have blocked him! Talking about blocking, I quickly grab my phone on the bed again. I have forgotten that I still blocked that little devil that not really evil as I thought anymore. How could I say that to someone who have been saving my life three times? She is not a little devil! I agreed that she is a little angel in a human form. The tattoo she made on her back body was very on point! But I still love to call her a little devil. That nickname suits her perfectly! Especially, when she is being idiotic, playful, and praising me. I hate her the most when she does that.

 

After what happen, I still believe that I hate her a lot! Well, maybe not really as a lot as in the past. I think, it decreases after I heard what have been playing on her mind not long ago. True that I can't deny the feeling I have for her again. To know the reason why she left me a few days earlier during the course was making me understand her more right now. Can't believe the thing I did become the reason why Taengoo decided to end the course. For that reason, I will not make the same mistake again. Actually, I was still scared, but also thankful when I could hear what has been playing on her mind. If I didn't hear her, I won't know why she left me last time.

 

I feel like I want to call and share it with Krystal about my new and strange ability that I don’t know how I could acquire it after I gain my consciousness. I have been thinking thoroughly and come to a conclusion that I could only hear Taengoo alone as of now, especially if she was within an arm length from my body. I don’t know how it happens, but I really want to do further experiment to other person aside of Taengoo. I should probably make my first experiment tomorrow with Krystal. I still not satisfy when I can’t figure out how I could have a telepathy and could only listen her alone.

 

Due to my new ability, I already knew Taengoo's plan for tomorrow based on what I could hear in her mind while we waited our order. In the afternoon, she had to attend a funeral of the late Madam Shim for her mourner service. And then, she needs to pick up the nursing home and orphanage supplies from the market and pharmacy. Only after that she will be free to visit me again.

 

I also discovered the dejavu thing that I have seemingly not only a dream. It happens for real. It was Taengoo who held my hand and be around me like what Krystal did. I have been awake for less than a minute the day before yesterday, according to what I heard on Taengoo's mind. The thing Taengoo did was already too much for me to accept. Taengoo makes me feel special, as if we were already in a relationship when she spent most of her time staying in the hospital to look after me. It must be so tiring for her when she still cares to stay with me again tonight. I admire her a lot when she could convince my family to return home and let her stay and watch me right now because I knew it wasn't an easy task, especially to convince my dearest sister Krystal.

 

I kept my phone away when I heard the sound of a door creaking open and a shadow in a shape of someone I know coming in. My heart thumps a little quicker than earlier as I recognize the systematic pattern of footsteps that approaching me. I close my eyes and count them in my head together.

 

Slow, slow...

Quick, quick...

Slow…

 

Slow, slow…

Quick, quick…

Slow…

 

They just perfectly fit the person who have been dancing ballroom American style Tango with me. I inhale and exhale slowly, calming my nervous system that began to attack me. I just trust the familiar scent that I love when it gets closer and closer. Her addictive scent that could send me to a deep sleep with a happy smile. My body gets warmer slowly. Impact from the heat she was giving me. I know she was standing closer because she just helps me to block the light on my face. I dare not to open my eyes till I hear something from her.

 

'Oh? She sleeps? Isn’t she feeling cold to expose her arms like that?'

 

I tensed under her warm touch, feeling ecstatic to the smooth skin that grasp my wrist. I bit my lower lip to silence myself, but my smile betrays me. You know how bad I was cursing myself over and over again when my eyes met her and she caught me smiling at her.

 

'Beautiful… Goddess… Flawless… Attractive… Stunning… Gorgeous… Pretty… Fabulous… Heavenly…'

 

"What?"

 

I think I was stupid enough for asking what she has been saying in her mind and break the thing that she probably could go on and on for a little more to praise me.

 

"I thought you were sleeping."

 

It pissed me off when she withdrew her hand from my skin. I love each time when she made a physical contact with me and made me struggle under my own breath. She had no idea how she made butterflies in my stomach active by doing that. When her eyes check the cardiac monitor screen, I quickly direct her face to look at me with my hand that pressed against her cheek. I can’t let her know how excited I was to have her around me. Her present in the room makes me want to remove all the wires on my body so she won't know how she had changed the grid and the number on the screen right now.

 

"I finish my meal, Taengoo. Have you finished yours?" I bravely drew her face closer when I cup her face this time.

 

'Omo! Omo! What was she doing?'

 

The face that she displayed was so contrast from what she had on her mind. She looks calm. So, this is how she always does? Always playing to be cool when she actually does feel nervous like me, sometimes.

 

"I did. Sorry, I was late."

 

She brings my hands down and stand straight like she once did. I love how she gently held my hands and never let them go this time. Believe it or not, she makes me feel like I was trapped in my own time loop again. I love the idea of having her around and this close. She lets me see and feel like I have been brought to Heaven without she knew it. This feeling I have, never shake me as how I felt in the past anymore. Right now, I become certain to my own feeling. However, I do still feel scared for some other things like my family and will she accept me if she knew the true story of my life?

 

"I have a little chat with my friend, Dr. Sunny. You have met her, right?" She told me more.

 

My smile died right there and she could probably notice when I suddenly turned cold by releasing her warm hands that I love to have.

 

"I’m sorry if she talks too much. She’s a very straightforward person. I just thought you should know... Actually, she is very lovely if you get a chance to know her in person. And I'm sorry you have to meet my friend like this. I mean all of your friends were being nice to me. I just don’t feel good to let you have a bad feeling with my friend."

 

The thing that she tried to explain crushing my ego immediately. I hate her for being sorry for something that she never does wrong.

 

"You don’t have to say sorry for yourself or her. I don’t accept your explanation too, because I’m the one who should apologize to you and her for ruining the party the other night. This is not a confession, but I like you, Taengoo. I do really like you as much as I hate you. So, don't say you are sorry. Because I hate you as much as I like you when you do that!"

 

I don't know if I make sense of the things I say, but she seems to understand what I try to convey when she shows me her one thousand watt smile with that cute little dimple on her side lips.

 

"You should rest if like that. It's getting late now."

 

"But I'm not sleepy yet." I complaint faintly. I knew she cannot get her sleep if I didn't try to sleep. I felt sorry for it. It’s already midnight, but both of us still wide awake. Somehow, I can’t push myself to sleep when I still feel fresh. "I've been sleeping..."

 

'Like a sleeping beauty.'

 

"For... the past three days." I completed what I try to say a bit later once I heard she cut me off on her mind with something that almost make me smile brightly. She makes me feel like a Disney princess for no reason. I just love and hate her so much. I wish she knows that I don’t want to push her away anymore. She makes me want to pull her in and do the thing that I’m so afraid to do last time. "You can go ahead and sleep if you feel tired. I will follow you later."

 

I explained more with the hope she will listen to me like how she listens to eat the vegetarian pizza that I asked her to eat if she wants me to finish the porridge and doughnut that I actually has no appetite to have.

 

"I can stay and talk with you if you want." She reassured with a smile. The smile that she gave feels like it has a chain reaction force against me. I just want to smile from ear to ear right now, but I'm afraid I will scare her with my creepy look. "Anyhow, I will not bother you if you choose to rest."

 

"Didn't you have work tomorrow?" I checked part of the reason why I wanted her to sleep.

 

Frankly, I have no idea if she had taken a sick leave or being absent from her work because I don’t know her schedule or working hours. When I lived with her before, it can be counted with my fingers on how many days she went to work and not. And listening to her plan for tomorrow also gives me a doubt if she has quitted her job. She had been using most of her time to help people like me. I don’t know if she’s still working.

 

"I don't have a class tomorrow."

 

"Class???" I snapped with my eyes that feel like its want to bulge out from its socket. I was confused mix with surprised by what she said. "You are a student? I thought you already work! And a pilot?? No?"

 

Taengoo chuckled quietly to my question and I hear something on her mind before she answered me.

 

'How I miss our every conversation before. To have them again right now really makes me feel blessed. Please stay healthy and have a long life ahead. Don’t make me worry again.'

 

"I'm a certified flight instructor. I also take a request to fly private jet occasionally."

 

'Just like what Krystal asked when none of my team want to take her request to fly the plane during thunderstorms. I hesitated too, because it involves life if something bad happens during the flight. Her cries and strive to save you were what brought me to decide to help her to reach you at that time. Truthfully, I was surprised to see her picture in your family portrait when I first enter your house. I have no idea you guys are related and I kept on crossing your path.'

 

I adjust my sleeping position to my side to face Taengoo after hearing to what she said in her mind. She already sat in the provided chair closer to my bed at that time. "Thanks for helping Krystal the other day. You are so thoughtful to take her request. I really appreciate for what you did. I know it's not easy taking a request like that during a bad weather. To think again, you have saved me three times already."

 

'It was my fourth, actually.'

 

I really wanted to ask her more to the thing I hear, but I can’t do it. Afraid if Taengoo will know my new ability that I have no idea how I could acquire it. It’s really strange because I can only hear Taengoo alone after I woke up from my three days of deep sleep.

 

"That's why you have to recover fast and don't try to die again. I will not allow you to hurt yourself after this." Taengoo stated while propping up her chin with her elbow on the bed.

 

'I have to admit I still dislike when she stares at my lips or nose when we talk. But I was happy enough when I could see and talk with her this close. Moreover, she wasn’t in critical condition like a few days ago anymore. And even if I wanted to talk more about the other night when she drank too much, I knew it wasn't a good time for me to ask her right now. I just wanted her to fully recover for now. Soonkyu said, she could get discharged tomorrow if her pulse has no sign of abnormality.'

 

"Hopefully, they will discharge you tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."

 

"Why you want me to get discharge earlier?" I probed further even if I already knew too much about what she had been saying in her mind.

 

"Because… I just want you to get better and be healthy. Don't you want to return home and spend your quality time with your family?"

 

I didn't look at the cute person that try to charm me by posing like that on the bed. I feel hard to reply because if I returned home earlier Taengoo will not be around me like this. I still want to have her companion a little longer because I honestly missed her like crazy. And when I said crazy, it means really a lot than anyone could ever imagine. Only this time I feel like I prefer to stay in the hospital for as long as I can. However, it worried me if she will get tired or get uncomfortable to stay at the hospital for a longer period. I had taken her time since the first day I have been admitted.

 

'Why she was so quiet? I thought she wanted to get better soon so her parents and sister will not be worried about her. Should I ask her more?'

 

I stared at her face again in my no mood. I could not open my mouth to reply when I noticed her arm that look good and no scar from the previous accident she had. I bravely touched her arm to do more inspection, caressing them carefully like that was a precious thing that I could see. It's really impressive when I can't find any single scar. I remembered clearly the abrasion was a bit deep last time. Her skin felt so soft and warm on the area that I touch. It feels normal just like her hand that I got a chance to hold not long ago.

 

"I do a skin laser, so you can't see any scar on my arm." She clarified in brief when I gazed into her eyes for the very first time.

 

It felt great to have eye contact with her again as it has been awhile since we last have it. It’s such a wonderful feeling to be connected with her like this. Trust me, her eyes could still do a wonder to me. They just splendidly wonderful!

 

"My work not permitted me to have visible scar or tattoo. They must all be covered in my uniform. Last time, when I fly a commercial airline I can't have any tattoo at all. The airline that I worked with was very strict. Working with Golden Sky Flying Club gave me a little freedom that I want."

 

The thing she said bring me back to the first week of my course with her. I can't believe Taengoo was a pilot when I remembered our first fun outdoor activity together. On that day, we only have a short morning therapy as she wanted us to spend time doing something outdoors that I know she was doing it as part of the course context. Before ten O’clock, we already went out of the house to go somewhere.

 

 

 

"Jessica-ssi, do you have the name of the place that you wanted to go with me?" Taengoo asked me who drove the car for us. It’s been awhile since the last she asked me to make a decision, but I haven’t given her a reply yet.

 

"May I ask you one question before that?"

 

"Sure..."

 

"What do you scare the most, Taengoo?"

 

My question makes Taengoo frowned before a little smile crept out from her face. I don’t know what makes her smile anyway. I tend to ignore her and just stay focused with my drive again. I know she already hype like a person who was high on drugs by singing Roar by Katy Perry awhile ago. She even tried to make me join her singing the song to light up the mood like she said, which I thought was very silly of her. I don’t even know where to hide my face when she opened the window and drew attention at the traffic light by singing the song so loudly in her out of tune and out of pitch vocal. You can’t imagine how she makes my demon almost come out to scream and ask her to stop drawing attention. Sometimes, I feel like she tries to make me go crazy on purpose because she likes to see me being out of my mind while I was with her.

 

"Like me, I hate haunted house the most. I dislike horror movie as well. Since I lived alone, I never like to see something that will make me become scared." I explained with an example to make her understand my question better.

 

"Oh, I know that feeling, Miss Jung! Like your mind will project or imagine something scary and it will make you become scared even more if you watch them right?"

 

"Hmm... but I don't feel like that anymore. I went to this scary Haunted House in U.S during Halloween with Krystal. I learn to control my anxiety when I smack, slap, and kick those haunted ghosts and zombies. I made them scared with my dolphin scream till they leave the two of us alone. It was really fun! We went to the haunted house three times in a row and they didn’t try to bother us anymore when they saw us again!" I giggled softly, getting entertain to my own flashback to the thing I did with Krystal in the past. "Every time when I get scared right now, I will scream as I should. I believe any scary ghost will leave me immediately if I do that. I know they can't stand to hear my scream sound."

 

"You smack, slap, and kick them?" Taengoo asked in amazement. "I'm not sure if I should smile or if I should feel sorry for the staff who worked at the haunted house. Listening to what you said about your scream was really entertaining too, you know. You were so on point with your reason. But it can't scare me, actually. Honestly, your dolphin screams are very unique and lovely, even if it could possibly make me loss my hearing."

 

"Unique and lovely? Are you kiddi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter