Blue

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Jessica wished that she was gifted with a superpower to freeze the time. Because the time that she spent seeing her kid sleeping feel like it wasn’t enough. She truly can't believe her kid remembers her big request a few days ago while she was in the hospital. The thing that she heard from Taengoo slightly bothers her emotionally. She's been trying not to cry, but the salty tears refused to listen to her since she knew Taengoo is not at the place. She really wants to hold her kid in her arms, giving her a tight hug like what she did after her breakfast this morning. A few times that she tries to do it, with every of her attempt was futile. She was so afraid if her touch will bother her kid's quiet sleep. Hyomin looks so adorable, sleeping with her favourite, Tim teddy. It looks like she needs to control her desire, after all. The good thing was Taengoo didn't leave her in the room for too long. Who knows if she might really bother her kid's sleeping time if Taengoo is being really late?

 

"I made you smoothie. And also, I brought your favourite...." Taengoo carefully announced once she entered the room. It couldn't be that hard to notice leftover tears on her beloved woman's face when she was that close to the bed. Now, she felt afraid if she came at the wrong time. Should she give Jessica more time to spend with Hyomin? Perhaps, she would. She will give that to Jessica after making sure her babe drinks what she brought for her. "Mineral water." Taengoo completes her joking sentence while trying to act all normal.

 

Jessica quickly cleans her face and diverts her attention to look at the person who just stands next to her. She heard Taengoo's secret thought and she thought she should fight her emotion once again. Being weak will only make her cry. She was worried if she didn't control it now, it will get out of control later on. She doesn't like or want that to happen. She sits up on the bed to adjust her body so she could lean her back against the headboard. The hairbands on her wrist, she decides to use it right now. She gathers her hair up in high ponytails, twisting it around, and once again gathering up the rest of her hair to make it into a bun. Once she felt all ready, she begins to speak with the person next to her.

 

"Thank you, I will drink them later if I feel thirsty again." She fights not to be so weak in front of the person that she became so certain where she was in her heart. "Right now, I'm already full from gulping my saliva down."

 

"I'm jealous..." Taengoo says out of the blue.

 

She placed down the two glasses that she brought together with her on top of the bedside table before she stares at the woman sitting on the bed that look like a goddess. The hair bun she sees right now remind her to Jessica's look during their meet up at the lobby of Jessica's apartment in Gangnam. How can she forget that day? That was the day that she begun to notice how she adores the cold side of Jessica.

 

"Jealous of what?" Jessica maintain to look at Taengoo’s face. Like Taengoo’s eyes, nose, and lips. The usual spot that she thought always safe whenever she makes a conversation with Taengoo or any of her alter. Taengoo's unfinished statement awhile ago definitely works to capture her interest.

 

"You have such an amazing production of saliva." Taengoo blurted out normally before she felt a little butterfly attack on her stomach for her own next question that she’s about to say. "Do you perhaps have any leftover to share??"

 

Jessica's eyes were blinking in frenzied. Did she just hear Taengoo right? Taengoo was blushing so hard. She could see her face quickly turning to red in a matter of second.

 

"Are you kidding me?"

 

"No." Taengoo shook her head in a timid behaviour. Her face got thicken a few inches more. She felt the heat in the room began to change. Her indirect request to kiss Jessica makes her feel like she is some kind of a dirty ert. Did she sound like one? Affirmatively, she thought. Because Jessica was giving her a disbelief look that make her want to turn around, run outside of the house, and buried herself in the thick snow. "You have two options right now. Sharing me your saliva or drink the smoothie or mineral water, whichever you like." Taengoo endured her shyness to give Jessica a clear message that Jessica needs to make a decision from the option given to her.

 

"Bring them to the couch over there." Jessica pointed at the couch that was a bit far from the bed. She knew her daughter's sleep will be disturbed by their chat if she still chose to stay right there. The right decision she made is to move from the place and leave her kid alone to have a proper rest.

 

Taengoo was a bit late to pick up Jessica's request. She only brings the two glasses with her when she sees Jessica begins to walk slowly with the IV drip stands that she pushed forwards, heading to the couch where she sat with their daughter watching the world of a glowworm from the National Geographic YouTube channel before.

 

Jessica took a moment to adjust herself in the couch. She felt good to be able to wake up from the bed and walk to the single couch. No dizziness that she encounters during that short period of time. But she thought, she still requires to be careful. Her lower blood pressure that was recorded on the BP notes that the doctor left on the bedside table make her wanting to be careful with her action. The last her BP got taken was one and a half hour ago. That's the source of how she got to know the reason of her dizziness at the beginning when she regained her consciousness. When Taengoo comes closer to the couch with what she asked her to bring, she still takes a little of her time to respond. She has to delay her intention to get the glass so she could cross her legs, close her eyes, and take a moment to inhale and exhale a couple of times to calm herself.

 

"Are you alright, Miss Jung?" Taengoo can't help, but to feel worried. From Jessica's slow walks and the time that she needs for herself, it seems like Jessica was unfit or something. She was aware about Jessica’s lower blood pressure' consistency that was taken hourly. It’s kind of worrying to know that. "Should I call Sunny?"

 

Jessica takes one of the two glasses in Taengoo's hands after she shook her head. She knew her situation better. The doctor should not be disturbed. Because she is okay. She begins with a glass of water to drink slowly before she continues the next glass which she can only drink a half glass of it. It felt so refreshing to finally have something passing through , she thought. She can’t thank Taengoo enough for pushing her to drink it by making a silly option like that. Her ego was unhurt in the process. She doesn’t need to beg for water. Yes, all credit was given to Taengoo. Thanks to the love of her life. The person who raised her daughter. And the person who always loves to .

 

"Wahh~~" Taengoo felt impressed on how eager Jessica tries to drink both glasses, although one of them, she can only drink a half glass of it. She was honoured to see that. Her effort to make Jessica drinks the water was accomplished. Since she can't clap her hand from holding one of the empty glasses that Jessica gave back to her, so she used her voice as a medium to praise Jessica. "Jal-han-da. That's my babe."

 

Jessica pushed forward the balance of a half glass smoothie to Taengoo's body. "Now, you finish it." She commented seriously. "Come on, finish it." She said again when Taengoo being late to respond.

 

It was Taengoo's turn to have a perplexed expression on her face just like what Jessica had when she was still sitting on the bed. "I made this for you, Miss Jung."

 

Jessica became persistent. "I know, but I want you to finish it!"

 

"Ah, okay..."

 

Taengoo gets the glass from Jessica's hand to drink what's left. It's really not a big deal if Jessica insists, she thought. Furthermore, she loves sharing things with Jessica. Just like how they share the same oxygen in the room. Literally, she was having a great time drinking the smoothie with butterflies booming like fireworks on her stomach. Because Jessica made her feel happy right now.

 

"How's the smoothie, Taengoo?"

 

Taengoo her lips. "Incredibly tasty."

 

Taengoo truly wanted to pat herself mentally. She always made delicious smoothie, she thought. The smoothie that she made just now was rich in nutrients. She used avocado fruits and mix it with flaxseed and protein powder because she's not so sure if Jessica can eat already. She thought, making smoothie can be a substitute if Jessica still can't eat a normal meal yet. It was really great to see Jessica consumed half glass of the smoothie she made. Yes, even half glass was good enough as a start. She really wants to help Jessica to get her normal blood pressure and healthy weight again.

 

"Glad if you say so because I have spit inside the drink when I drank half of it." Jessica lied and gave her poker-y face that she thought would be convincing enough to support her statement.

 

She really hopes it will work to offend Taengoo too. Moreover, she was so curious to see Taengoo's reaction. She didn't need to wait for too long to see what she wanted to see. Taengoo already shares her reaction. Nothing like she expected, though. No disgusted reaction that she noticed on Taengoo’s face. Instead, Taengoo's eyes were telling her differently. Did Taengoo just smile from her eyes? She could see Taengoo’s dreamy eyes as a sign of fascinating to something.

 

"Did you know, when we shared a glass of wine in your house last time, we have shared each other spit unintentionally? And did you know, before sharing the wine glass with me, we actually already shared too much of each other spit the night when we had a passionate kiss?" Taengoo explained all the info she knows in replying to Jessica's news about her spitting into her drink. The smile that she tried to hide, she can't hold it anymore on her face. Her wide grin was visible to see right now. "I'm not afraid eating your spit, babe."

 

"You are so sick and so gross, Taengoo. I can't believe you! I didn't spit in the smoothie, for your kind info. But your answer still surprised me. You are still the psycho that I know. I'm referring to when you stayed at my house." Jessica proclaimed a little annoyed. "I still can't believe you can smile to what I said. Why can't you be offended with my statement before?"

 

"Why do I need to be offended? And why can't I smile? I wouldn't care if you spit it. It comes from the person I love." Taengoo boldly stated. For the matter of fact, her love towards Jessica is never a secret. She felt free to express her feeling. Whenever she wants or whenever she likes. The things that she said, she always meant it, anyway.

 

"Then, would you eat my ?"

 

Jessica thought her direct reply and silly question would kill Taengoo's smile right away, but it didn't happen. She starts having goosebumps all over her body right now. Why did she even ask Taengoo that silly question, she thought? It only gives her a deep chill. Taengoo's face was giving her a strange vibe. Like the answer to her own question was already there.

 

"I'm considering..."

 

"Yah~~~"

 

Jessica closed her ears and feels so disgusted with the answer she finally heard. She kinds of expected that based on what she could see from Taengoo's face, but still it brings her to another level from hearing it directly from Taengoo's mouth.

 

"I'm just kidding, okay. Because I love to see your reaction, Miss Jung." Taengoo begins to chuckle lightly, enjoying the sight that she witnessed right now. Seeing Jessica cringe to her feedback is kind of hilarious. She thanked God for bringing back her angel into her awareness. And she was really so thankful to have a conversation like this with the woman she loves. She missed Jessica quite a lot. Speaking with her really meant everything to her. "Miss Jung, thank you for coming back to your sense. I want you to know that I miss talking with you, but I will leave you with Hyomin for awhile. Just take your time with her."

 

"There's no need to do that. She's sleeping, anyway." Jessica informed quickly to stop Taengoo from leaving her. "That's why I move to sit in here. I'm afraid if we were being too noisy by talking near to her."

 

"You are doing a great job by having that kind of thinking." Taengoo compliments her woman and be serious shortly. After knowing the news from Tiffany about Jessica had known about her kid from Yuri and Yoona, she can't stop having a flashback back when they were on the same flight. The cry that Jessica had on the lavatory, she wonders if that's because of seeing their daughter. "I'm sorry when I didn't tell you about her when you met her on the flight."

 

"Were you really going to tell me while we were on the flight? I mean about she is my daughter that was taken away from my life?" Jessica investigated even if she already knew the answer.

 

"I want you to be familiar with her before I could tell you about her. I was sorry for I can't just reveal about her identity directly to you."

 

"You did alright, you know. There's nothing to be sorry. Furthermore, I already knew about her at that time."

 

"Ah, maja. Now, I remember." Taengoo got clicked on something. "No wonder you act defensive towards her when I use her hand to wave at you."

 

"I'm not being defensive." Jessica tried to deny her action, but it didn't take very long for her to come clean. "Or you may call me that. Rationally, how coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter