11:11

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 



Taeyeon's body shuddered with her blood pressure increasing rapidly, alerting HyeKyo about the unconscious person on the bed. The time was recorded 11:11 when she caught the wall clock before the source of light in the room suddenly got cut-off. It doesn't seem right witnessing the clock stuck at that time, she thought. She knew it already past midnight. Impossible to say when the clock was back to 11:11. The time reminded her about what happened six days ago. The time exactly stayed at that hour and minute when the floating personality appeared and escaped from the place.

 

The machine that monitored the person on the bed doesn't make a sound following with the cut-off of electricity. She knew the backup power will come back in a few seconds later. Yuri had installed the feature as a solution if something like last time will ever happen again. Therefore, she tried to calm herself and tried to get the syringe next to the small table. Strangely, she can't find the thing that her hand searched on that particular area. Her heart skipped a beat. The bed was empty when she tried to feel the person that she had been taking care of these past a few nights. From the sound of that machine before, she knew about a few things. Either Taeyeon had a nightmare or one of the personality was about to come out. It made her worried when she thought about the second one after she can’t feel Taeyeon’s body present on the bed. She got the cellphone on her lap to get a quick light in the room, getting goosebumps immediately. Her eyes caught the glimpse of the floating personality for the first time when the power was coming back. She was glued in her spot with her cellphone on her hand and eyes on the floor before her side. She could feel her body getting lifted up slowly from her seat.

 

The floating personality was just next and very close to the side of her face, smiling creepily for the magic thing she did right there on her. HyeKyo diverted her attention to the syringe that was floating in the air just like her. It was very close within her neck level. She felt extremely cold. No word that she could say to defend herself. She knew one wrong word would give her a trouble.

 

Honestly, she doesn't mind getting jabbed by it. She just worried of the consequences they need to face if she lets the floating personality escape from the place again. Maybe things will not go this bad if Taeyeon has no superpower. The treatment will not be this hard if only they have more option. She felt terrible to give Taeyeon a calming drug each time when Byuntae appeared. Her hope to make Taengoo or The Kid Leader come out never happened so far. She knew that she can't handle Byuntae anymore after what she did last time. Making sure to put her to rest is the only option they have.

 

Oddly, the personality didn't use her gift to direct the syringe and jab her like what she thought, but she released the syringe till it fell to the floor. The same thing happened to her. She was not levitated in the air anymore. The personality makes her sit back at her previous spot. Without delaying the time, she took the chance to press the emergency button on the bed, releasing the gas with the hope Taeyeon's personality can't escape from the room. Gas accelerated quickly in the room, giving her a hard time to breathe and see Taeyeon. She can’t even reach the gas mask respiratory safety near the small table. The sound of siren at least will help her to let the others know about her emergency situation. She passed out with zero visibility. Can’t even hear anything a few seconds later.

 

 

*******

 

 

Zero was having a hard time to release himself from the strange outfit that he wasn't familiar. He can't run or walk freely when his front legs are nowhere to be seen. He had to jump a few times on the comfy place to release himself. To no avail. He felt restrained some more.

 

The place was so dark and cold. He can't spot even the sight of moonlight. It makes him want to howl to be there just by himself. He howls a few times, feeling empty revolving in his world. He sniffed the soft place where he sat when the feeling of loneliness died on its own. The more he sniffed it, the more he recognized the scent. His eyes sparkled with joy. Thrilled to find something that he likes. His sniffing process brought him to the human noona that he had in his head. He kept one of his eyes closed and left the other one opened. Like a magic, he could see the human noona in less than a minute. That was the trick that he learned from the human noona. She was so small before. Now, she was so big.

 

The human noona that he knows was sound asleep. Half of her body was covered by a thick layer of linen. He bit the linen using his teeth, bringing them down slowly to uncover what happen beneath it. The human noona was doing okay when he sniffed her body more. Not sick like what he thought. His face that touched her skin makes him believe like that. He stayed there, lying closely to the human noona's body. He decided to stay there just by her side, trying to behave like a good puppy. No more want to explore the place eagerly. He knew that he can't move comfortably without his front legs. The human noona could probably help him later once she awakes. And he knew that he could always play later.

 

He her hand a few times when the human noona touched him, getting trapped when the human noona hugged him with one of her legs was entangled above his body. He could smell her armpit scent with that kind of sleeping posture. It makes him happy staying with her that closely. She makes him feel warm again. He managed to the fabric that covered her armpit before the human noona moved a bit. Near her armpit is always the best place to find a shelter. He loves to stay like that with her. It only passed a few minutes, but he was already so drowsy. No communication and activity make him feel so sleepy. So, he eventually fell asleep like the human noona.

 

Byuntae awakes a few minutes later to claim her time. The first thing that she noticed, someone’s body was trapping her. The room was so dark. She can’t see the person’s face. Impossible to say if her aunt or Sunny will sleep comfortably in that manner. She believed that she was still in a bed. She prayed silently that she wasn’t in the confinement room anymore. Her wish must have been granted when she felt no attachment to IV fluids anywhere in her body. She knew that they have successfully escaped. She just unsure where she was.

 

She wanted to smile, but still afraid if it was only a false hope. It makes her become eager to know about the person who was cuddling her on the bed. Where the hell Jack SkellingTae brought them, she thought. She moved her body bit by bit, copying a penguin movement on ice. Only a little more effort she could free herself from the sleeping person. She swore in God’s name that she hates whoever is that person for nestling even more to her body when she thought she could be free from her. She had a situation right now. Not sure if she should free herself quietly anymore or wake the person up. She chose the second one because she hated that person for making her stuck. Thankfully, she smelled some unfamiliar woman body lotion to indicate the other person's uality. She wondered what would happen if she knows the person is not in the same gender as her.

 

 

*******

 

 

Jessica snuggled herself into the comfy and warm bolster next to her. It was so nice to sleep while holding it closer to her body. It’s been nearly two hours since she fell asleep. It was so hard to get them at the beginning, but she finally slept anyway. Maybe it was near to four when she felt the bolster that she was hugging closely was moving or like shaking against her. Not only that, but she felt like the air-cond was blowing a cool air against her face when she thought the air-cond was beyond her reach. She totally ignored it. Her sleepy head wins against her will to wake up. It wasn’t long for her to enjoy the sweet dream she had when she heard someone was screaming against her face. Her sleepiness subside. Eyes shooting wide open in total darkness. In her flabbergasted state, she touched a hair that doesn’t belong to her on the bed. She screamed together. Her sharp dolphin screams that she thought will kill any ghost that try to scare her.

 

Jessica could hardly breath, sandwiching herself in between the person who tried to trap her against the bed. Shocked. She can't fight back, although she was wide-awake. Her body suddenly became unresponsive, like some magical force had been cast to restrain her. She was lying helplessly underneath of someone who straddle on top of her body. Her arms are in between her head. No one was touching it. So, why she can't move it? The more she inhales to calm herself, the more she took the familiar scent in her system. The flashlight from her cellphone and on her hand gives her a view of her attacker. The reason why the person tried to knock her out when she first using it. It wasn't too bright for her to see everything. But it was just enough for her to see the person's face. She didn't budge. Willingly surrendering herself to see Taengoo – the person that she wanted to see so much. She was her attacker or an uninvited guest. No dolphin scream sound to make the other person went deaf as well. She felt at ease, knowing it wasn’t a ghost that she thought at the beginning. Despite that, her heart still pounding heavily. It might take a little while for her to completely feel relaxed.

 

Shortly, the personality released all the block on her body, giving her a space to calm down even more from the unwelcome appearance she made in her room and at the wee hour like that. Certainly, she knew the person is not Taengoo. Because Taengoo will not behave like that towards her.

 

'It was her??? Why did it bring me here?'

 

Jessica heard the other person's thought. Not sure which personality she is. She could only assume maybe this personality is one of the personalities that she had met before. Because the personality knew about her. What happened to Taengoo? Seeing her right now and like this was making her feeling miserable. There is a chaotic phenomenon that’s happening within

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter