Signal

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

Byuntae was engaged in a serious argument with the female medical officer who wants to inject her with a numbing agent before proceeding to give a few stitches to close the minor cut on the side of her head. She has been dealing with the same pattern of emotion. Mad, and calm, and mad, and calm, and mad... they go over and over again. A small area of her head already got shaved. It caused a commotion, but they have settled with that one. Now, the new issue occurred when the doctor wants to close the wound.

 

"No!" Byuntae dodged her head from the doctor's hand, "I don’t want to be stitched, you ! No needle! I said, no!! NOOO!! Can't you understand my English??"

 

Krystal almost facepalm her face, feeling embarrassed to hear the cussing word the personality that she knows as Byuntae just proclaimed. Seeing the pilot as a different person right now is so unbelievable. She won’t believe Taengoo has a D.I.D if she didn't receive the news from her sister and if she didn't experience the situation herself. This personality that shared her name as Byuntae is so a kidlike, she thought. She has a tantrum that amazed her. Her trial to calm her down only last a minute before she goes back cussing and disagreeing to get a proper treatment. How old is this personality? She was so interested to know her age.

 

"Byuntae, you need that." Krystal tried to persuade calmly. She was just in front of Byuntae with her sister’s daughter next to her. She felt like Hyomin should not be there to see the situation in the ER. It’s not good for a young kid like her to hear the vulgar word that’s coming from Taengoo’s personality. None of Byuntae’s action right now should be taken as an example for Hyomin as well. Just luckily they make a conversation in English. Not sure if Hyomin understands them or not, but she hopes Hyomin doesn't aware about whatever things they said. "The doctor already explained to us that the cut is a bit deep. And so, they need to stitch it to close the wound. The bleeding has already stopped and they have helped you to clean it, but you can’t just let the wound open like that. There’s a risk to get an infection from it if you let it open. Please let the doctor helps you."

 

"No! I said, NO!" Byuntae expressed anxiously with her eyes staring sharply at human Jessicat’s sister. "You don’t understand. I hate needles! I HATE NEEDLES!!"

 

"Calm down, tranquila…" The female medical officer who got half Latin and half American blood said. Including this one, she had dealt with three patients with the same problem today. Minus, the other two were kids. "I’m not going to hurt you. You will not feel the pain at all if I inject you with enough local anesthetic."

 

"Tranquila, my ! She’s not professional. I said I don’t want, but she keeps on pushing me to do it! She should give me other options. I don’t want to do it anymore! This same is such a waste of my time! Why I even agree to come here? I should just find animal Jessicat-ssi if I know it will turn out like this. Haiissh~"

 

"Byuntae!"

 

"....."

 

Krystal’s call had been disregarded by the person who just left from the place. She felt terrible when she can’t help much to make Byuntae gets treated. Her sister must be upset with her, she thought. She left from the room with so much confident that she can handle Byuntae after asking her sister to rest, now it turned out she failed her own mission.

 

"I’m so sorry for the things that she accused you. She’s having a hard time after the minor accident and losing her cat." Krystal explained briefly after remembering the incident that she overheard Byuntae said while visiting her sister.

 

She doesn't really know what the relationship her sister and Taengoo have. Honestly, she shipped them. She even told her sister and Taengoo, she doesn't mind them in a relationship before. But her sister never wants to share her anything about Taengoo. And Taengoo was so quiet after the dinner with her parents. Taengoo never ask her anything about her sister anymore. She thought, maybe they were not that serious or maybe they were just really only a friend. But now, she was so surprised for knowing her sister's daughter has been raised by Taengoo. If her niece calls Taengoo as mama, and calls her sister as umma, then what does it mean already? And who is the other mother that her niece meant by calling Pretty Godmother? Why her niece has three mothers? How long had they known each other, actually? Because if Taengoo has taken the responsibility to raise Hyomin, it means they have known each other long enough than what she thought. And why Taengoo's personality Byuntae addressed her sister as human Jessicat and called her sister’s cat as animal Jessicat?

 

When she arrived at the hospital, she thought the kid was the reason why Jessica didn't want to go home last night. That's not the case anyway. She got to know from her sister, meeting Taengoo on the same flight and she happened to split was the reason for it. Mean her sister never expected to be on the same flight with Taengoo? All of this makes her head so dizzy. She has a list of unanswered questions. And she really needs the answer soon before she gets crazy.

 

"I will talk to her again." She added more.

 

"No hay problema!"

 

The kid released her hand from Krystal’s grip to quickly run and following the person that she thought as her mother once the door of the ER was opened.

 

"Mama, please wait for Hyomin!"

 

She searched for her mother’s hand to intertwine their fingers once she reached next to her. Her mother's hand was obviously bigger than hers, but she still can intertwine their fingers. While doing so, she received a cold stare from her mother. Somehow, her mother's cold stare didn’t work to make her feel scared or anything. Her mother is like an angel in her life. It’s so rare to see her mother having a bad mood. She was curious if losing the fluffy cat and the injury really had brought her mother so much pain till her mother becomes so sensitive like that.

 

"Mama, when Hyomin grew up, Hyomin doesn't want to be a chef who can cook a special and delicious vegetarian meal for mama only. When Hyomin grew up, Hyomin wants to be a doctor too." The kid just said randomly, saying things on her head after witnessing what happened in the ER before.

 

"Why?" Byuntae hissed, hating to remember the sedative that she received constantly when they try to put her to rest so Taengoo will come out. That’s why she hates needles so much. It costs her so much pain. She just hates it! "So that you can put a needle on my body as well?"

 

The young kid shares her honest answer, "It’s really a tough job."

 

Her smart answered make Byuntae snickered. It’s so incredible for a young kid like Hyomin to think like that, she thought.

 

"What did you know about tough? You are still so small to know what is tough."

 

"Having a patient like mama is so challenging. That is a tough job that Hyomin meant." Once again Hyomin’s answer made Byuntae snickered. She’s going to get outsmarted by the kid. From what breed is the kid coming from? She speaks with her so like an adult. Really not suitable for someone of her age to be that savage yet. "Hyomin really wants to lessen mama's pain. If Hyomin becomes a doctor, Hyomin will play mama a rock and roll music. We can sing and dance together to the music before Hyomin treats mama’s wound."

 

"Ah…" Byuntae got relief. The kid is still a kid after she heard her last sentence. She’s not going to outsmart her anymore, she thought. "You think rock and roll music will distract me?" She probed, knowing who loves the music the most.

 

"Geu-reom-yo!" Hyomin swayed their hands together and gave her shinny teeth smiles to the person beside her that has her eyes locked on hers. She looks ever so adorable to the other person’s sight. "Mama loves it so much."

 

"You are such a nice and a lovely kid to have."

 

She kept the rest that she wanted to say to herself after that. Taengoo is a . Why she still doesn’t want to come out yet? Does she like so much to be the passenger of the body? She really hates the emotion that the kid and human Jessicat tried to give her. Taengoo should take her time already. Where has she been? She really needs a break. Although she wants to find animal Jessicat and see human Jessicat again, but she also cannot cope with the overload emotion that she received right now. For the first time in her life she heard someone doesn’t want her to disappear. And for the first time in her life she knows they were two persons who have been waiting for her arrival when she disappeared. The kid is even trying to comfort her just like what human Jessicat did when she gave her a tight hug. She hates to deal with this kind of emotion that she shouldn’t have. it! She doesn’t want to handle the body anymore if it’s going to make her cry.

 

"Hyomin is always gonna be mama's lovable kid."

 

"….."

 

"Mama?" Hyomin swayed their hands back and forth in her attempt to get her mother’s attention. Her mother already stopped walking. She just stands there without saying anything. She felt so strange to see her mother being so unresponsive. "Mamaaa~" She whined when she doesn’t get a reply that she hopes. "Is mama alright?" She checked. A little worry if her mother still feels the pain from her injury.

 

The next person who comes out inhale and exhale continuously. She fans herself with her other free hand, trying to withstand t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter