Kiss Me

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

I wake up five minutes before ten in the morning, thanks to the noise I heard coming from my phone continuously. I saw ten missed calls from Krystal as I check my phone in my drowsiness. I ignored the thing I see because I want to check the person beside me who made me fall asleep till that late. To be honest, I never wake up this late other than when I’m feeling sick or having a PMS. My sleep was unbothered by anything since the last I passed out in my girlfriend's arms. I have no bathroom visit, not feeling thirsty, and seem very comfortable in the position I sleep. The last that I remember, I went to bed together with my girlfriend after applying toner and moisturizer on our faces. My lovely girlfriend helped me to do that again last night because I craved her attention to spoil me more. I knew she loved doing that as well. I’m allowed to hear her thought freely because she's having a hard time controlling her affection.

 

To my disappointment, the bed on my right was empty. I was left sleeping on the bed alone. I hate the idea if she left me sleeping alone for hours. Not having her warm body attached to mine made me feel a little sad right now. I desired waking up still in the arm of my charming girlfriend. I prefer waking up and seeing her face right away. Just like how I did, staying beside her while she passed out. Why can't she do the same? I thought that she loves me. Isn’t she going to take care of me? I really want to be moody by not having her around on the same bed as me right now, but I cannot do that when I remember something.

 

I leave my bed immediately when I realized it's already near to 10:00 A.M. The ten missed calls I received was probably the outcome of the conversation my girlfriend had with Krystal. I remembered telling Taengoo last night that she could call Krystal at 9:30 A.M. Did they already have a talk? Is that mean Taengoo can give me a kiss or I can kiss her? I smiled like silly when that was the first thing I think at this time. Actually, I want to see my daughter the most. But I also want to get a kiss from Taengoo the same most like how I want to meet my daughter. They are equally very important to me.

 

Before I find my girlfriend, I decided to get a little freshen up in the bathroom. I spent less than three minutes in the bathroom to pee, wash my face, and brush my teeth. I felt like I was late to attend a very important meeting. I was in rush gargling and spitting the mouthwash I used after cleaning my teeth with the toothbrush. I need to see my girlfriend and to find out the outcome of her conversation with Krystal. I prefer to hear the news from her before speaking with my sister.

 

Taengoo is in the kitchen, stirring something in the hot pot when I came closer to approach her. The aroma of the food she cooked make me feel hungry that instant. My stomach almost makes a noise. I can see two glasses of green juice were placed on top of the kitchen table. They are also sautéed mushroom, grilled tomato, baked beans, spinach, and kimbab that has been cut and divided equally in two plates. I wondered if Taengoo had left me to buy the things I saw on the table. Because I clearly aware I do not have those stuff in my kitchen.

 

I tiptoed quietly till I was in my girlfriend's reach who has an apron on her body. She had high ponytail hair with the same outfit she wore last night. It makes me wonder why she has the same outfit if she had left me to buy the ingredients that I didn’t have at my place. My attendance at the place is not a secret to her. She knew my presence from the shadow that appear before her. I did not feel shy when I extended my arms to encircle nicely around her waist. It startled her just a little. Not because of my touch, but because I gave a kiss on her cheek right after giving her a backhug. She gasped cutely while I greet her.

 

"Good morning, my love."

 

Her cheek gotten red in a second as I tightened my hug on her slim waist. I must admit hugging her become one of my addiction right now. She made butterflies in my stomach became so active. And I must say, I love that feeling. I truly trust that I’m in love with the right person if she could make me feel like this. Of course, I never plan to let her go yet. I want to savour her presence or latch onto her body like a leech if I can. While doing so, I heard she said all the lovely words about me in her head. Obviously, she loves what I did. And that’s reason enough for me to backhug her for as long as I wish.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?" She mumbled quietly after returning the same greeting as what I did from her head.

 

"Yes, Master Chef. Thank you for making me sleep tight." I a little. I noticed my girlfriend has the same scent like me. Might be my perfume had been transferred to her clothes for her action to cuddle me to sleep. She also has my shampoo scent. It seems that she already took a shower, but still using the same attire. "Did you leave me to buy the foods you cooked right now?"

 

She stopped stirring something that I could see in the pot. From the thick texture and scrumptious aroma, it convinced me that she cooks wild mushroom soup. She made it by herself. Not from instant packet. It looks like I’m not the only person who can cook a meal for us. It’s great to know my girlfriend can cook too. I wonder how it’s gonna taste. I know I shouldn’t judge the thing I see before I can taste them in my mouth. But even if it tastes bad, I know I will give her a good point for her effort trying to serve me something right now. I really hate myself in the past for leaving a cool girlfriend like her.

 

"I get a help from Mr.Lee to buy what I need." She informed softly while holding my arms around her waist this time. "I thought you might wake up till lunchtime. So, I have no option than asking him to buy us something."

 

"How did you get his number?" I asked interestedly.

 

"He called you near to seven. Sorry for answering his phone call... I desperately need his help since I don't feel comfortable to leave you at this place alone."

 

Ah, so that’s how she got the food? She needs to stop being sorry for a sweet cause like this, I thought.

 

"I can’t be upset when you’re making us something to eat right now, can I? Thank you for making us something to eat, honey. By the way, what time did you wake up?"

 

She turned around slowly to face me with my arms still holding her. Her eyes that darted straight at me is making me feel nervous. I love her exotic eyes. I really, really do. I want to spend my time just staring at her eyes and get lost in it for real. Maybe, I will do it some other time as this is not the best time to do it when I have other important stuff to speak with her.

 

"I haven’t slept." She helps to tuck my hair behind my ears while speaking with me. I love that. She made me craved her touch for more. "I feel like having you staying in the same bed and at the same place as me is too good to be true. Like this is only my beautiful dream, Miss Jung." She expressed in her forlorn eyes. I could see sincerity to the thing she said through her eyes. And I badly want to comfort her. I’m real. Definitely, real. "Also, I feel nervous… other than Krystal, I need to tell my mom and my friends about our meet up."

 

"Then, what did you do during the time while I was asleep?" I searched the answer after her statement. "I’m sorry for I left you to stay awake alone."

 

"I play games on my phone." She replied and showed me her cute-innocent smile.

 

"Mwo-ra-go (뭐라고 / what)?" I released my arms from her body hurriedly. Totally amazed by her announcement. I thought she took the time that she had to watch me sleeping like what I did on her yesterday. She felt it’s like a dream to have me around her, but she ignored me to play games on her phone?? How can that make sense?? I feel like the temperature in the place suddenly changed. It became hot. "You can’t sleep, so you spent your time playing games on your phone?" I need to repeat the thing that she told me only a few seconds ago.

 

Perhaps, I shouldn't put my expectation too high. Because I clearly aware it will only disappoint me if we have different way in coping our feeling after seeing each other again. What she said before really make me want to take her phone right now and deleted all her games right there. I was clearly having a mood swing after her announcement. I want to declare a war with a collection of games she has on her phone. The thing that took her attention from me. I can't believe I lost to a game on her phone. I don’t mind if she plays games on her phone on any other day. Play however she likes, but not during the time when we just reunited again. I shouldn’t be upset too much about this. I know. It’s not good to be annoyed in the morning. I tried to console my heart quickly by saying she has no option than to kill her time playing games on her phone after I left her to stay awake alone.

 

"Ja-gi-ya, wae (자기야 왜 / baby, why)?" She asked me with a concern or worried tone. I didn't answer to her, even if the thing she called me is very pleasant to hear. I tried to control my mood swing as I feel afraid if I may scare her. She smiled and chuckled after seeing me giving her a glare like I wanted to start a war with her. Apparently, I failed to control my emotion. "I was just joking awhile ago. I don’t have time playing game on my phone when I have a gorgeous woman sleeping next to me. My time was spent diligently watching my woman."

 

"I see." I stated coldly. So, this is what she meant by saying she loves to see me being upset or being angry at her. I thought what I heard from her could calm me down, but why... Why do I feel like I want to plot a revenge against her right now? "Should I convince you that this is not a dream?"

 

"Are you going to slap me?"

 

"No. Of course, not!" I announced seriously. Hell, no I want to slap her. "That’s considered as domestic violence in a relationship if I do so. I told you last night I dislike being in an abusive relationship with you."

 

"Then, what do you want to do, Miss Jung?"

 

"Let me kiss you." I almost closed our remaining gap, but she is being so quick to clasp before I can kiss her freely. "Yah! Let me kiss you to prove you this is not only a dream." I was engaged, trying to pry open her strong arms that blocking just like what she did last night. It upsets me some more to think I’m still not welcome to give my girlfriend a kiss. I really want to taste her succulent lips. "Yaaahhhh! Let me kiss you! I want to kiss you! Yaaahhhh!" I released my dolphin scream. I cannot contain my outburst. I felt disturbed to know she’s refusing me. Who knows the revenge plot that I’ve planned in my head only to upset me even more right now? "We need to kiss! This will make you believe that I'm real. Don't you want me to kiss you? Yaaahhhh! Stop blocking your lips as if I have a bad breath. I have washed my mouth, silly. Just let me kiss you already! YAAAAAHHHH!!"

 

Her eyes turned into a crescent moon shape. I can see that she’s having a fun to see me throwing a fit like this at her. She nods her head a couple of times before I heard her unclear voice.

 

"O-okay…"

 

I stopped what I did to give her a chance to speak comfortably again.

 

She used her power to remove the hot pot with a wooden spatula from the induction cooker behind her, so it will not get overcook as what I overheard the voice from her head. It didn't surprise me anymore to see her using her power, especially after what happened at the pool. A few seconds later, she released the blocking on to speak with me like normal. I want to kiss her that instant, but she managed to hold me from each side of my shoulder to stop me.

 

"You have no bad breath, Miss Jung. I don't mean like that when I closed my mouth." She talked calmly. I knew she would feel attracted to me more if I get upset with her. But I’m not doing it for fun, so she could adore me more. I felt annoyed for real when I still cannot kiss my girlfriend. "We don't have to kiss to prove you are real. I believe you are super real right now. I'm sorry for making you get upset in the morning like this, Miss Jung. Can we eat now? Our meal is ready to be served. We should eat them before it gets colder."

 

Her explanation distressed me fully.

 

"I-WANT-A-KISS!" I exclaimed word by word like a child. Because what she told me before is not the thing that I want to hear from her. I glare fiercely at her before I announce the thing that I want again. "KISS ME!!"

 

She stopped making eye contact with me to look somewhere as if someone has appeared in the place together with us. I heard her inner voice that saying, ‘Who is that?’. I regret turning my head around to look at the same place. There’s no one in there. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter