Gravity

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Taengoo watched her mother who was sound asleep beside her with her head was resting against her arms on the bed. The position looks very uncomfortable to her. For someone who already in the age of fifty, it really doesn't look good to let her mother sleep like that. Sad that she can't persuade her mother to rest on the couch. The good thing is she wants to rest. Her mother had been awake since last night and only got the time to rest after she reassured her that she will be alright. Using her psychokinesis power to move her mother to the couch will only make her mother awakes from the little rest that she just had, she thought. She sighed quietly for being so helpless.

 

She was currently sitting on her bed while playing the Sims 4 Vampires game that she never had a chance to play before. The game has been in her possession since earlier of this year when it first has been released by EA games, but not even once she got a chance to play them. Due to her busy life, she had postponed her interest in playing the game that she had been a fan since a decade ago. It’s been nearly half an hour she was playing the game with a lower volume on the T.V, creating the vampires family just like how she likes.

 

She remembered while brushing her teeth after her meal time, her mother updated her about Tiffany will only bring Hyomin after a dinner which is around seven in the evening. Fifteen minutes more to five in the afternoon from the wall clock inside of the confinement room that her eyes caught. She can't hardly wait to see her daughter a few more hours from now. She missed talking with her talkative and smart daughter. Hyomin was the apple of her eye. Been taking care of her since a baby with Seo and Tiffany was really an incredible journey in her life so far. Can't believe she was already three year-old this year. She was just three-day old when she adopts her to be her daughter. Her daughter was really growing so fast, she thought. Can't agree more that time flies quickly.

 

Yesterday, she only got a chance to speak with Hyomin a little in the morning and at night before her daughter went to sleep. Actually, that was the normal time that she always saw her daughter if she had to work, either in Tiffany’s house or at the orphanage house where her mother stayed and worked. If she took a case to be a counsellor, she will see her at the afternoon or sometimes in the morning if she got a chance to escape from her client's house. No matter how busy she was, she will take her time to contact her daughter always. After all, it's her responsibility as Hyomin's mother. When her daughter said, she got less attention from her lately, she took what Hyomin said seriously.

 

Only this month that she suddenly becomes extra busy with lots of student pilot intake and chartered flights. The previous months, she's not as busy as of now. Tiffany is a Chairman of TY Entertainment Company, and she's also one of the board of director of Golden Sky Flying Club. Because she was married to Tiffany, her schedule is not as packed as the other senior pilot who made more flying hours than her. In terms of wages, what she received is of course lesser than the others. Therefore, no issue like jealousy arise in their company so far. But even if she did less flying hours, she still earned a lot compare when she worked in a few commercial airlines before. That's part of the reason why she took the offer from Tiffany's grandpa to join the company. Her perfect landing skill is what make her to be on top and become the first youngest female captain in the world. She can touchdown any aircraft smoothly even in slippery and short runway. A talent that received a lot of admiration, especially from her regular VVIP passengers. At the age of 24, she has already become a famous captain in the world, killing the male-dominated industry. That was four years ago when she received the memorable recognition.

 

Anyway, look where she was right now. She had to take medical leave for not being herself after so long. The reason for her medical leave is still unknown. She knows Sunny will help her to make a reasonable excuse for her sick leave.

 

Slightly, it upset her when she had to trouble everyone again for covering her. Hyoyeon had to take her flight this morning and maybe the following days too. Tiffany needs to look after Hyomin and uses her rank as TY only heir to back her up. Sunny needs to help her get a sick leave and needs to check on her always. Yuri needs to make sure she can’t escape from the place and have to offer the best hospitality to her and her mother. Yoona and Sooyoung have to temporarily handle her online counsellor account. And her mother needs to stay by her side all the time. So much burden that she gave to each one of them, she thought. She believed that she would be locked in a psychiatric hospital if not because of she got everyone to help, cover, and look after her. Her mother asked her not to think about it if ever something like this happened, but here she was... zoning out and overthinking about everything.

 

Hyomin's image came to her mind again. She hasn't spoken with her daughter yet today. It makes her miss her. Can't break the daily routine she had always with her little chef baby. Should she continue writing a song and sell it to Tiffany's company? She could still earn a lot if she's doing that. Instead, Tiffany had offered her a post in TY Entertainment if she decides to quit flying. Maybe she should consider quitting from her glamorous career if she wants to spend more time with her daughter, she thought. It will not only benefit her daughter, but for her crews and her future passengers' safety as well. She doesn’t want her mental problem become a reason for them to die someday. She already fulfilled her dream to be a captain. No regret if she ever plans to retire earlier from the job that Tiffany's grandpa influence her to have since she was a kid. Furthermore, between the two, she can't say no from helping people. Helping people will help her to live like a responsible human. More importantly, by doing that it will make her feel better and not feel like a monster. She still holds the utilitarianism principle strongly in herself, especially after her breakup with Seohyun.

 

Seohyun had taught her a lot about life. Meeting Seo is not a mistake, but a wonderful experience that she can agree. She will never regret her foolish action to be trapped with Tiffany. In the name of love, she will do anything. The five million values is too small compared to the damage she had given to Seo, she thought. Taking advantage of Seo's naivety is actually the biggest regret in her life. Truthfully, she still feel sorry for what she did to Seo till today. She should have never made Seo falling in love with her by force, and then leave her just like that.

​​​​​

Her mind not really into the game anymore when she becomes space out most of the time. She can't help to be worried about her daughter and Tiffany's safety after splitting last night. What would happen if Byuntae found out about what she did this past four years? It’s been so long since Byuntae last appeared. Certainly, it worries her when Byuntae appeared again and she got to know that she wasn’t the only one who have come out last night. First of all, she knows Byuntae hates Tiffany. Secondly, Byuntae might not expect that she had adopted a lovely daughter name Hyomin. Thirdly, it might be a bad idea if Byuntae knows she has been raising Hyomin together with Tiffany. Lastly, it might cause an uproar if Byuntae ever knows that their status is married and it happened to be with Tiffany. And how about if the other personalities got shocked and can’t accept Hyomin and Tiffany just like Byuntae too? What if they try to hurt them? All of these add more to her worry list right now.

 

Perhaps, it's not a good time for her to meet Hyomin and Tiffany yet. She needs to fully recover before seeing them. Honestly, she can't take it if she becomes the reason why they get hurt anywhere. She doesn't want to be a monster in front of them. Tiffany almost didn't want to see her again when she knew about she had a D.I.D. She was so afraid right now like what if her daughter doesn't want to love her anymore if she sees her as a different person too? Just the possibility of this really could hurt her mentally.

 

To remember the dream that she had when she first gained her consciousness really disturbed her as well. This was her first time she ever dreamt something about her real mother. Why she suddenly dreamt about her mother? All this while, she had no idea about how is her mother's interaction with her if she was alive. No memory of her family makes her always clueless and also wonder about them. Feeling her mother's love in her dream is like opening a wound in herself again. Her mother's voice and her scent, she can remember them now. That's the mother that she unknowingly... it's too painful for her to continue the hateful word. Remembering it, make her head going dizzy. Nauseated. Meeting Sooyoung like that was so scary too. She could still feel the toxic strange kind of smell like in her dream right now. She recalled that Sooyoung's skin has no fat, but just bone when she touched her at that time. It adds more reason for her not to feel fine to remember all of it again.

 

Her body begins to produce a cold sweat. A sign that she was nervous from her own thought after thought. She wondered why one of the personalities brought Jessica to their old house last night? What the personality did in their old house with Jessica? And visiting casino? She really wants to know the details. Her wristwatch is the only source for her to know the conversation she had after splitting last night. She will check it with Sunny later. Her mother said Sunny had taken that to transfer the file from the nano memory card on her wristwatch.

 

The wristwatch not only functioning to check times or to monitor her heartbeat. It has a GPS tracker and can record a conversation that her personality might had no idea. When she went to the restaurant last night, she remembered that she had touched the wristwatch screen to record her conversation before she sent a message to Sunny and deleted her every message on her phone. She's not doing it for enjoying purpose, but rather to study if just in case she changed. She thought that she was doing the right thing after what happened last night. Hopefully, Sunny will not disclose the conversation she had with Jessica to Tiffany. She has a faith with the bunny. Sunny will never do that to her. Furthermore, Sunny from the beginning disapproved her marriage with Tiffany after knowing their marriage are not based on love.

 

She sighed when she can't really concentrate on what she had been playing on the T.V screen in front of her. She doesn't really know where the sims character was moving or going inside the big mansion right now.

 

While moving the wireless controller with her thumb, she encountered a strange vision about something. She saw a ghost floating in the air and in front of her. Her eyes become blurry and her head suddenly feels very heavy. Nothing on the T.V she can see clearly after a while. She got a mild headache and feeling like she wants to vomit a couple of times. It was so uncommon to have that when she already took the medication during her first time gaining her consciousness, she thought. It can’t be the vampires’ family that she created from the game that she just saw. Why the ghost has a face like her and wearing a Jack Skellington costume from The Nightmare Before Christmas film that she had in her keeping? She never remembers creating sims characters like Jack Skellington. And it can’t be the Sims 4 Vampires had Jack Skellington character in it, she argued.

 

She dropped the ps4 controller from her hands to look on her side, but she can't see her mother anymore. All that she sees was only white color. The thing that she hates the most is panic attack. She told herself multiple time to relax. Her headache will be gone if she tries to relax. So, she did, taking a few deep breath that she really needs. It takes a little while for her to regain her vision again. Thankfully, it works. She wanted to pat her own shoulder for being extra good in handling the familiar thing that want to cause her a trouble again. It must be for overthinking about everything she supposed not to think yet, she thought. It seems like it’s about the time she has to take another medication again. She wanted to notify her mother about what happen to her. Somehow, seeing HyeKyo sleeping soundly make her choose to ignore whatever happen to her just a moment ago. She can't be so cruel to disturb her mother who just fell asleep about half an hour ago after watching her since the first she has been brought to the room.

 

"Don’t try to resist me! Haissh~"

 

Taengoo heard a voice somewhere. Her mother was still sleeping. Not possible to say the thing she heard coming from the T.V. The sims 4 characters can't talk like that. She turned off the T.V shortly following to her headache that come again. She touched the back of her head with her palm. It's not a mild headache anymore. She got a severe headache like her head want to explode. The feeling was so familiar to her, just like yesterday when she saw the red steak that the chef tried to cut in front of her.

 

Worriedly, she tried to move her hand to reach the emergency button next to her pillow that she supposed to press if something like this will ever happen to her. However, all her muscle already jam like last night. Her eyes roll into the back of her skull and her body begin to tremble. She can't even utter any simple distress word like 'help' to inform her mother about her emergency situation. The next thing that she knows, she failed to fight the thing that tried to take her time again.

 

The voice... now she remembers the voice belong to whom.

 

Byuntae?

 

Taengoo begins to feel like she had a hallucination when Byuntae appeared to be on the T.V in front of her with a clear smug on her face. She looks fierce with a younger face and well-tone body. Her body for obvious reason got more muscles and healthier than her, actually. Taengoo was unaware that she just encountered a depersonalization disorder that she never experienced before. A feeling of detachment like a soul leaving a body and she got to experience them live, watching her own self. Byuntae was talking in front of her to frighten Taengoo even more. Helplessly, she can't do anything. She was glued in her spot. Not even can move a single muscle. Her body feels numb like her world is so lifeless. She was forced to watch Byuntae speaking to her like watching a drama on a black and white T.V.

 

"Haissh~ just what are you doing right now to all of us? Go to sleep or hibernate a little longer this time if you can't handle this body. Do that just like what you did to all of us. You're not so strong like what you thought, ay? Bet you can't handle the tiny pain you saw subconsciously. And thinking too much when the seal has not been healed fully really so stupid of you! We all could hear you, lesbo! Married to Tiffany and raised a kid with her? You want them to die? Someone mental like us should've never dated anyone, what's more to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter