How Deep is Your Love

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

 

I looked at the tall and tanned woman who just rescued me by pushing Donghae till he fell on the ground. Well, I never heard from her since the last she said she will contact me after taking my business card. Her presence was really what a pleasant surprise. I can't believe she was around at a time like this.

 

"Are you alright?" She checked my arm that I notice was very red and has a clear grip print. It didn't feel hurt as previously anymore. It’s just red because I have a brighter skin, I thought. "Did he try to bother you again?"

 

Again?

 

I asked the question mentally to myself. Wondering how did she know I have a series of argument with Donghae.

 

I couldn’t reply anything when thing happens so fast after Donghae stood up and tried to hit the tanned woman, but she was very quick to duck, tackle his leg, and push him again till he fell to the ground for the second time. He was sent a bit farther than us, like the push she gave him was so powerful. I heard Donghae groaned loudly after that. I have no idea since when she had arrived at that place, but I really felt so thankful to have her around. Although, I can't deny that I was actually embarrassed with this thing that happening in between me and Donghae. We should not have this kind of argument or fight at all. I just want to have a peace with him like how Taengoo taught me to always be kind, but it can't happen that way if he tried to be physical with me.

 

I saw he stands on his feet again while cleaning dust on his palms and with his unlikely-self that I once know. He has completely abandoned the flower on the ground, which I don't care as well. It upsets me when he changed this much and be like his previous self that I once so terrified to know. The thing he did, making me have no interest even more to face him in the future. You can see it in his face that he wasn't embarrassed at all with the woman who's standing right beside me that he tried to hurt like me. I wonder how he could win me and make me believe with him last time. For someone who have ruined my future and scammed me to be responsible for his action… I just can’t seem to trust him anymore!

 

"I would not be easy just because of you are a woman. You should not bother me with my fiancée."

 

I was surprised by his lie. Fiancée his ! I want to explain to the person who I was so ashamed of what happen, but she already said something to reply Donghae before I could even say a word to explain everything.

 

"I don’t think you can call her as your fiancée anymore, Mister! And just because you have the balls and , you can’t make me scared with your words like what you want. They aren’t working with me. I knew a man like you who invented a ist word when I take a Taekwondo lesson before. I broke one of his legs and sent him in a coma because of that kind of words. He happened to be my martial art teacher and my father. So, if you don’t want to face the same fate as him, you better go now while you still have a time to walk freely like a normal human."

 

"Why are you so concern about Jessica? You should not let yourself get involved or interfere with our problem. You should leave us alone!"

 

"Why do you think I should not get involved or interfere with you or Sica? Sica is my special girlfriend right now. And when I said special, it meant we are in a romantic relationship! You are someone from her past. So, you should stop right now. Oh, one more thing, don’t you dare lay your finger on any part of her body again! Because I will make sure to hunt you down and break your wrist and arm if I know you touch her roughly like before!"

 

I was caught in the middle of the two persons who argue and lie about their relationship status with me. Not really bother when the person that I still don’t know her name told Donghae a lie. I didn’t feel the need to explain to Donghae like when he lied about I was his fiancée. So, when she held my left hand, I didn’t try to resist her. I even held it firmly like giving her approval to the next thing she wanted to do. I thought that would be the best so Donghae could stop contacting me again.

 

"Is it true?" Donghae talked again after a moment of being silent and observing the two of us. Maybe he was shocked by the news he heard. His eyes not leaving our intertwine fingers. He stared at my eyes again when he uttered the next words, "Are you crazy, Jessica? You can’t marry her!"

 

"The point is I don’t love you anymore, Donghae." I stated in my calmest voice possible, trying my best to make him understand that I was already out of love with him. I can’t push myself to love him again. He was the one who made me kill the love I have for him before. He can’t simply show up and tell me to marry or to love him again like what he wants. It’s not easy to do it, especially when I already like somebody new in my life and realized he was just a toxic to me. "I don’t care if I can’t get married. What matter the most is I’m happy with my choice. My family knew about me and her. So, please don’t concern yourself about my life. I’m a free citizen and I deserve to love whoever I want or chose."

 

I knew I lied about what I said, but better this than facing him every day. I will tell Krystal and my parents about my lie just in case if he tried to call and ask them. Honestly, I just can’t handle him anymore. I’m really exhausted to explain the same thing to him. I feel like I want to share the website where I found Taengoo so he could forget about me or Nana and can move on quickly. However, I don’t want Taengoo to cuddle a man like him. No! I will never share that little devil! I rather face him every day like this than making Taengoo cuddle him. Just the thought of it can make me feel angry!

 

Donghae left the two of us alone after saying his apology. I don’t know if he was being real for not going to disturb me again, but at least he was out of my sight for now. All thanks to the person that I still have no idea how she knew about me and Donghae.

 

She gave me a small grin that embarrass me. I quickly let her hand go from my grip after I saw Donghae's car disappeared from our sight. I don’t know how to express my gratitude and sorry when she got dragged into my personal problem with Donghae. It was really so kind of her to help me today.

 

"Are you alright, aggasi?" She asked while scanning me from top to the bottom. Not a kind of check to see if I'm hurt anywhere, but a kind of check that has a sense of enjoying the way I dress up. Just like when we met last time. The y smile that I experienced it before, I was able to see it from her again.

 

To hear what she asked, making me recall Taengoo again. She was the second person that called me like that even if she already knew my name from the business card I handed to her in Hongdae. Sometimes, I felt that little devil and her have things in common. Both of them ride a bike… and not to be forgotten a little y too. They have this good and bad manner that copycat each other.

 

"I’m okay now. Thank you for your help and I’m truly sorry to drag you along in my problem."

 

"Don’t mention. Your problem is apparently my problem too, since you are my special girlfriend now." I stopped being shy after listening to what she said and she's probably could see how my facial expression changed when she continues, "I’m just kidding!" She laughed amusingly before she becomes serious again. I don’t know why, but I find her once again look very attractive and has this manly vibe in her when she talks. "Man like that doesn’t deserve a woman like you. I hope he could think deeply about his mistake and could change to be someone better, someday."

 

She told me more and made me applause her mentally. Such a kind of her for wishing Donghae to change and be a better person. I feel the same. I believe he could easily find someone to replace me or Nana if he changed.

 

"Sorry I overheard your argument with him. Actually, I’ve been here for the past three days. He kept on coming each time when I try to meet and ask you out for lunch. I just can’t help to stay undercover today, especially when he tried to hurt you."

 

"Thank you. I did appreciate your help a while ago." I can't help to say my gratefulness another time. Now, it answered how she knew about me and Donghae. And, wow! She must be real to come three days in a row and witness all the arguments I had with Donghae.

 

I bow my head a little to say how thankful I was. Somehow, I couldn't do it properly when she held my shoulder with both of her hands, making my body stay straight. There’s no more smile could be seen on her face when she held me like that.

 

"Don’t do it. Saying thanks is enough, Jessica-ssi."

 

"W-why?"

 

She smirked and scoffed, "You remind me of my Taekwondo battle. I only bow my head with my opponent. So, if you bow your head, you make me become your rival. Please don’t do that in front of me again. I don't want to be rude to leave you."

 

She was really weird with her reason. It brought me to remind to the thing she told Donghae about her father. "I’m sorry to ask, but did you really break your father’s leg and send him in a coma?"

 

"I do, but he was fine now. Still having a good life with his woman."

 

I stopped aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter