Why?

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Devil's cry??"

 

I kept on trying to recall about the two words that I saw on the guy's bike as they seem very familiar and like I've overheard it somewhere, but I couldn't get the words that I searched for in my brain cells. You don’t know how frustrated I was when I can't get to remember of the two words I want. I don’t know why it suddenly feels so important in my life.

 

"Ahjusshi, can you please help me to follow and stop the person who ride the motorbike?" I asked the cab driver quickly, pointing at the Superbike who was a bit farther than us. "Please hurry..."

 

My voice was very desperate. I can't explain further as I don't feel like I want to give the details after I saw the guy was leading us. Gladly, after a few minutes of nerve-wrecking chasing him, the ahjusshi managed to overtake and gave a signal to ask him to move to the emergency lane.

 

I paid the cab driver that was so very helpful and took my handbag to come out in my nervous state. I know the guy must be dumbfounded to the sudden interruption I made. It might be inappropriate to stop him that way, but I don't really have a choice. It's now or never!

 

I was standing right in front of the guy after my slow walk that bring me closer to him. His helmet shield was tinted in black, making me have no chance to see his face like before. My eyes scanned the sticker that gave me a clear reason why I was standing before him right now. He was still unmoved from his bike. I assumed maybe he was shocked when I stopped him like that. I supposed he should know who I was after what happen last time. I was about to say something when he suddenly takes off his helmet.

 

I did not know what to say.

 

My mouth was ajar when I saw a long black hair tumbling down slowly to the person's shoulder, revealing the face that I thought all this while as a guy. It answered my doubt about her small frame that I realized not long ago. It took me awhile to wake up from my admiration to see how dashing she was when she shakes her head before organizing her long hair slowly. Her tanned skin really makes her look fabulous and dazzling. When I inhaled by chance, I took a different type of fragrance in my nostril that she used today. Not the same like my ex anymore. The one that she got was very strong, but still pleasant to sniff it again and again.

 

"How may I help you, aggasi?"

 

Her voice was a bit hoarse or deep. She really got a style when she placed her helmet on top of her thigh in a very cool way. I saw a cheeky grin coming from her shortly after she's done checking me from top to the bottom before she makes direct eye contact with me.

 

Today, I have a match white high heels and white pencil skirt on the bottom. The skirt I wore was very fit, and give a better shape of my hips. Whereas on my top, I have a red vintage turtleneck paneled H-line blouse. The fabric of the blouse's arms and chest were a bit transparent. Because I used a push up bra so my cleavage was very visible for others. There is no doubt why she was giving me a y look like that. In my observation, she really resembles that little devil who gave me the same look as I came out of my room and ready to leave with her this morning.

 

Talking about that little devil, I wonder if she is a superhuman. She seems have recovered real fast. Yesterday, I saw she took a selfie showing her dried abrasion on her arm and used it as her profile kakao picture. She still used it as her profile picture today when I happened to check it half an hour ago to tell her about my unpleasant story with the wedding dress that I have to take and pay on my own. My message hasn’t been read yet, but it didn’t upset me since she had told me in advance about no cellphone during her working hours.

 

"Helloo….. aggasi, are you okay?"

 

The person on the bike cleared before giving me another question when I was being late in responding. I really can't believe she was the owner of this bike. I thought the person was a guy, but came out as she and not he.

 

"I'm fine, thank you. H-How about you?"

 

I got stuttered to ask about her injury that I still don't know. Her naughty eyes seemingly enjoying checking my milky white legs this time. I used to ignore people like her when I was in a steady relationship with my ex, but now I seem not to care anymore. I am single and free. I can do or wear whatever I want as long as I feel comfortable.

 

"My heart was blooming like a flower since a while ago after I see someone gorgeous as you try to chase and stop me like a police traffic. Aggasi, you are so red and... white! Wow!! Your red lipstick really got into me! You really look wonderful, you know!? I like pretty lady like you. Do you want a ride with me? Because I can bring someone beautiful like you to the moon and back if you want. Just name me your location, honey."

 

Her statements really got me chilled. She was so straightforward and showing so much interest in me as what I could see. Did she forget what happen to us before? Didn't she recognize who I was? I thought she remembered me, the person who caused her fell off of her bike and being so rude. Even if there's no sign of my car hit her bike when I check it, but I know I was the caused of the accident happened.

 

"Thank you, but I don't need a lift."

 

I told her in my suddenly statue position. I barely move a single muscle other than my lips. She obviously gives me that kind of vibe that Taengoo gave me the other night. I don't know if I'm taking her words too seriously, but since I met Taengoo in my life, I'm still finding it hard to adjust to this kind of thing. I'm not a homophobic, I just scared with myself after what I did before.

 

"Don't you remember me? Someone from five days ago?" I added again. "I think I caused you caught in an accident because of my reckless driving. I wanted to say I deeply regretted and sorry of my action. I would like to offer you any kind of help that I should have given you last time. You are very kind to let me go that day. I felt guilty for what I did, that's why I asked the taxi driver to chase and stop you after I saw your motorbike just now."

 

"Ahhh~ so you are the person who made me go crazy to repair this monster in a short period of time."

 

She said while drumming her fingers against the helmet, letting me know indirectly that the bike had been fixed already.

 

"Do you really feel sorry for what you did?"

 

"I truly do." I replied quickly after her question, "I will pay the repair cost and the medical bill if you have any injury to any part of your body." I told more as when I recall how bad the scrape on Taengoo's arm and leg a few days ago when I got a chance to see her treating her own injury. I believe the owner of this Superbike will also have something less or similar to Taengoo's injury.

 

"You don't have to pay me with money."

 

"Then, how do you want me to pay you?"

 

 

*******

 

 

Taengoo arrived five minutes earlier before my working hours were over by sending me a message that she has been waiting me at the car park where I last seen her this morning. I rush shutting down everything and see her directly as if she was someone so important in my life. This is might be sounded so crazy when I can't wait any longer to see her face and talk to her again. I don't know why I still miss her even if she was standing right in front of me right now. This feeling I have is really ridiculous, sometimes. I don’t even understand why!

 

I thought her eyes makes me feel I was very welcome when I was only a few feet away from where she was standing. When her lips turn into a curve, I knew she was expecting me to spend another two hundred dollars on her. I almost did, but I managed to control it by reminding myself I will hug her later at night during the therapy or maybe the next day when I feel like I really need it. I have to learn to control my desire before I cannot find a way out anymore. Thankfully, my mind was being kind enough to allow me to control the temptation that caused me a great trouble these days.

 

"Do you want to drive?"

 

I asked to kill the silent treatment she was giving me. It seems like she's really enjoying observing me right now which I don't really have a problem. Her charming smile slowly waking up butterfly in my stomach, the thing that I’ve never experienced in so long while I was in a relationship with my ex, now I feel them again. This is not what I want to feel, but again, I learn to enjoy it somehow. How this little devil could make me feel this way just by a single smile? She must had no idea everytime when she smiles, I really go weak inside. I was being resistance good enough, fighting myself for not falling into her embrace another time! Oh, just why?

 

"Trust me, I would love to drive it for us, but I want you to handle them today. Are you okay with that, Miss Jung?"

 

She has this manner that I hate in her! I don't like her being humble. She is certainly a little devil who knows how to play with words. I wish I could let her know that I always have this butterfly feeling in my stomach every time when she called my name like that. This is so absurd! Why it sounded so different when she called me like that when it always sounded so normal when my staff call me the same thing? I hate her! I want to push her away, but my body was screaming to embrace her real tight. Why?

 

I did not reply to what she said as I already pressed the remote button to open the car lock and got into the driver seat before I could do something stupid to embarrass myself again. She followed me afterwards, keeping something in the back seat of my Audi while scanning the three wedding dresses that I took from the bridal boutique this afternoon. I prayed mentally when I saw a small luggage was the thing that she brought together with her. I hope there is no music instrument in her luggage that will add more noise in my house tomorrow morning.

 

While driving home, I was being mute as I don't know how to start a simple conversation with her. Believe me, even if I did a therapy, I still find it hard to talk openly with her, especially when I remember about the kiss that I was getting addicted the other night. It's just too frightening when I recall them and when I want to experience it again. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not really being the real me anymore. Why?

 

"Can we stop at the grocery shop first? I have something I want to buy." I told her my plan which gain her attention immediately when she looks at me on her left side. She always has a thing to say to me. Therefore, I don't know why she became so quiet today. "You can stay in the car if you don't want to follow me."

 

"I certainly will follow you, Miss Jung. I got something I want to buy as well."

 

She gave me a simple smile and looked at her phone again. I wish I know to whom she kept on texting right now. I dislike when she paid less attention to me when I was around her. It's already unfair when she can't be contacted the wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter