If...

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

'Sooyeon-ah, wait…' He chased her. Not feeling like to get left behind and be alone. Sooyeon might can’t hear him if she gets too far from him. 'I’m sorry. Are you mad at me?'

 

"A bit… so you better tell me who is this old friend of yours that you try to find at the beach?"

 

'Y-you?'

 

"M-me?"

 

'I mean you don't know who?' TY blankly asked, wondering why Sooyeon kept on asking him about his old friend. The confuse face that currently displayed on Sooyeon make him continue his other question. 'How did you meet Taengoo?'

 

"As I told you before, she was my ex-counsellor. I have a serious problem after my ex-fiancé dumped me and cancelled our wedding. I found her thru a counselling website that I saw from Naver."

 

'What kind of serious problem if you don't mind me to know?' He asked interestedly.

 

Jessica hesitated to tell, but she shares it anyway. She knew that she had no reason to hide the story from TY. She thought by revealing so, the other personality that lives in Taengoo’s body can be wiser in their action next time. They have a great person who live in them. Someone who had helped her before. Not only her alone, but she believed more than a hundred people. The positive comments she read on the website could tell her about how many people Taengoo had helped so far.

 

"I have a thought about wanting to end my life."

 

Her answer gave TY a little surprise. Sooyeon was engaged and almost married to someone? He tried to divert his eyes somewhere far to see the ocean promptly. It's been more than two decades. Why should he question if she found someone in her life? Taengoo is even married, surprising him as well. He thought the last that he knew, she was already clean from that woman. Four years gone and to know their current status as a married person is not easy. He doesn't like Taengoo's choice. His eyes look very focus. The ocean is not the best that he had seen, but still it could calm him just by seeing it. Does he feel bad to know about Sooyeon's story right now? What a news, he thought! They are married while Sooyeon got dumped by some man. Taengoo made him interested to know about the contract marriage that she has with that woman. And Sooyeon made him interested to know about her story.

 

'How about now? Have you thought about wanting to die again?'

 

"Never, anymore. That was only before. Now, I can say that I am happy with my life."

 

'I must thank Taengoo for saving you if like that.' Just like that, he found the strength to look at Sooyeon's beautiful face again. The strong ocean breeze that blow Sooyeon’s free hair makes her look amazing to see at this distance. He can’t blink his eyes, finding it too hard to miss the blissful moment in there. 'Sooyeon-ah...' His gentle called manage to make Sooyeon returns his stare for a few good seconds. He felt so great each time when he could call her like that, knowing that he can't have his time like this always. 'Life is an endless journey with never ending lesson. We learn something new as we go through the next chapter in our life. For me, that guy is a looser, but he also the lucky one. I'm glad you stand strong and be wiser to find your happiness again.'

 

"You think he is the lucky one?" Jessica tried to make further conversation about her failed relationship. She thought that he looks ever so sad while saying those words to her mentally. Did TY try to comfort her right now? Because he made her feel it that way. "What makes you say he is the lucky one?"

 

'Lucky…' TY paused, trying to be more serious. 'Because he's not going to face your demon when you get angry anymore.'

 

"Mwo?" She roared, disbelieving to hear his reason. From calm and kind, her expression changed drastically. She’s almost being physical by smacking TY's shoulder for making her become slightly upset again. Can't believe she fell into his acting to be kind statements. "You thought I looked like a demon just because I got upset when you requested me to show you my s again, is it? Be honest with me, TY... did you see me as a demon? Or some kind of an evil form just because of that?" Jessica’s question almost made the other person shows his adorable smile that he kept hidden all these while.

 

'You can be anything that you want... I still like you, Sooyeon-ah.' TY expressed and announced further about his real arguments. Nothing, but the truth this time. 'Actually, what I meant by saying lucky is he once got to be your fiancé. How incredible is that when he was once got the honour to be your special someone? I can't imagine how amazing it felt to be loved by someone like you.'

 

Jessica got mum that instant when the personality confessed daringly towards her. Does the personality adores her? She was confused right now. TY is not only feel like a friend, but from the way he talks mentally, it makes Jessica assumed him as someone that really adore her. Is it because of Taengoo? He has this conversation with her because of Taengoo knows her and has a feeling for her? She kept on debating with herself if this personality is actually not TY, but Taengoo. What if Taengoo already got back to herself and pretend to be like TY just like when she pretended to be like Zero last time?

 

"Tae-Taengoo?"

 

TY shook his head, 'Did you hope to see and speak with her instead of me?'

 

"If you are not her, then you are so cunning, you know?" Jessica quickly tried to cover her nervousness. Afraid if she made TY felt upset by assuming her as Taengoo. What the hell, she thought! Why this personality has a complex behaviour just like Taengoo? He almost made her thought that he was her little devil a while ago. "You teased me and then you tried to make me feel good again. Where did you learn all of this? Did you try to change the topic to focus it on me right now? Tell me who is the kid that you said always ? And don’t change the topic again!"

 

'How about if I say I will answer to your question if you agree to play a little game with me?'

 

"G-game?" Jessica voiced out nervously. This is the first time TY requested to play a game with her. But why she doesn't feel good about any game that coming from Taengoo or any of her personalities? Certainly, she doesn't want to play the game that he asked if it's going to upset her at the end. Should she ask him more about the game?

 

'Yeah, do you want to play it with me?'

 

Jessica didn't have a chance to reply verbally when she saw the doctor suddenly appears behind TY. Her heart must have received another adrenaline shot again to see the doctor is holding something in her hand that she believed as the thing that will put TY to rest. She can't even wink to warn TY about the bad situation in there like what they have been practiced earlier. Her hand reached him first to pull him towards her body before does the screaming that made the doctor flinched.

 

"RUNNN~" Jessica's dolphin scream piercing through the quiet beach.

 

TY subconsciously ran with Sooyeon only because she was pulling his hand hardly. Her shoes are no longer in his hands, while his' are still on his other hand. He had dropped them a while ago when Sooyeon dragged him desperately. He managed to turn his head around a little to find her shoes, but only getting the image of the doctor who just missed to jab the needle into his body. He must thank Sooyeon for her quick reflex to drag him further away from the doctor right now. If only she was a little late, he believed that he already passed out by now. Not that he wants his time got shortened when he found the person that he had been looking for all these years. At least, he wanted to spend some time with her before saying goodbye.

 

He had to use his power to throw the syringe into the ocean due to that. The thing is, they should stop running already if the doctor has nothing to jab him anymore. He could control the doctor using his telekinetic power if he wants to make her stop from following them. However, he cannot do that. He felt so connected running while holding Sooyeon's hand just like when they were a kid. His feet didn't feel like they have touched the Earth anymore. He was nervous. She made him feel like he was flying high in the air. It makes him follow Sooyeon’s spontaneous action to drag him here and there in her own pace or speed. One thing that he knows, running with Sooyeon right now is not so scary like it once before. It was just purely a good feeling. He kinds of like them.

 

"Jessica, please stop!" Sunny exclaimed before she appeared in front of the running woman with the other person that she thought as Byuntae. Jessica did stop, but only to scream near to her face and ran in the opposite direction again. She rolled her eyes when she appeared in front of Jessica another time and received the same pattern of behaviour. Jessica's high pitch scream could make her has hearing loss, she thought. "I'm not going to hurt you. Jebal! I just want to bring Taengoo back with me." She tried to explain, but to no avail. Jessica still tried to bring Byuntae ran further away from her. "If you want her to get better, you need to trust me. We have a reason why we need to keep her with us." Sunny told again, but not sharing the details about Tiffany that they believe Byuntae tries to hurt.

 

She has foreseen that Byuntae will go to Tiffany's house. Spending time with Hyomin while playing with the telescope to see the beach area and road really not a bad idea, after all. Byuntae really comes to the place like what she predicted. Lucky enough when Tiffany still not return to the house yet. It will only cause an uproar if Tiffany sees Jessica at her property with Taeyeon, she thought.

 

'Sooyeon-ah, it's fine. We don't have to run again.' TY decided to end the madness to run back and forth with Sooyeon when Sunny doesn't seem like want to give up to appear in front of them. How he hates a little interruption from Sunny when he got something so serious to talk with Sooyeon a while ago. He had expected a visit like that from Sunny, especially after what happened this morning. He knew Sunny would find them anyway. So, he doesn't need to be so surprised by it. 'She will not hurt me or you. And I want to talk with her in front of you as well. I want to apologize about what I did to her this morning. It's enough hiding. I need to face them if I don't want them to bother me. This is my plan for now.'

 

"You want to talk with her?" Jessica questioned bewilderedly while looking at TY on her side. She was so confused. Her breath was uneven. Tired from her silly run. She can't believe she was running back and forth in the same area because the doctor made her afraid if she jabbed Taengoo’s personality again with the drugs. The thing that Byuntae argued about they might die from receiving overdose sleeping drugs is what makes her acting like that. She could talk with the doctor normally if only the doctor didn't make her feel surprise to witness her super ordinary power. The thing that the doctor did make her has a little flashback to something silly. She encountered a vision of her running on barefoot in the forest. She thought it was so silly because she was and there was a kid that running together hand-in-hand with her that just look like Taengoo. Her brain must have been corrupted or got hijacked for taking what TY told her earlier about his old friend that always , she thought. She tried to explain maybe that was only her brain that projecting some unkind image because she doesn't feel satisfied when TY still not share the story with her. "Can you speak with her?" She continued to ask again.

 

'Forgive me… Actually, I can speak like a normal human. Please don’t get mad at me, Sooyeon-ah.' He begged mentally while giving a head nod, trying not to make it so obvious that Jessica can communicate with him in a secret way. 'You don’t want Sunny to know you can hear me mentally, do you? Just pretend like normal if you don't want her to know. And please allow me to speak with her. It's not that we have any other plan. Moreover, I should take the chance to talk with her about the thing that they never gave Byuntae a chance to speak last time.'

 

Jessica bit her lip and stared sharply at him. She gave his hand a hard squeeze, but never let it go. How she wished that she knew it a little earlier that this personality is the same like that little devil. TY is undeniably a little devil 2.0, she thought. He made her look like an idiot to speak alone when he can speak with her like normal. She tried to calm herself down, taking into a consideration that it's not a sin to speak with him like that. Furthermore, TY never deny or tell a lie. He decided to stay silent when she asked him about if he can speak like normal with her or not. Definitely, she's not going to make it as a big issue anymore. She thought he was right about they have no plan. TY chose to read a fairytale story in the library instead of finding a solution about their problem when she tried to communicate with him before. Therefore, she should let TY talks with the doctor while they have the chance right now. Perhaps, she will only observe the conversation in between them for now. She will interrupt them if she thinks it necessary.

 

"I’m sorry about your visit this morning." TY begins, assuming Sooyeon agreed to give him a chance to speak with Sunny. Being thankful for her understanding, even if Sooyeon never say a word anymore. The hard squeeze he received can't hurt him, really. It only makes him think that she was so cute to be angry with him again. It's hard to see this side of Sooyeon. He always thought she was so sweet to him last time. "What I meant… I’m sorry for making you fell from the rooftop. I know you will leave me temporarily if I did that."

 

"You meant you pushed me while being in your right mind? You know I could die for your unwise action." Sunny responded calmly. This personality doesn’t seem familiar to her. She knew Byuntae will never apologize so openly for anything. So, if she is not Byuntae, then…? She looks ever so calm while speaking with her as well. "What is your name? Aren’t you Byuntae?"

 

"I'm TY." He revealed his name bravely. No more trying to hide his identity. He doesn't see the reason why he needs to stay hidden anymore. All along he never interested to interfere with their problem. But now, he thought it's very important to say a few things on his mind. Something that he never had a chance to tell the doctor before. "I was on the rooftop with you this morning, not Byuntae. And I know you will not die. You have enough time to disappear before you reach the ground. Somehow, I know what I did is still very wrong. That's why I came clean to ask for an apology from you right now."

 

"Still, it doesn’t give you the right to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter