Breath

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

 

It's been two hours long since Taengoo left from our house, but why I feel like she was still here enveloping me in her soothing arms? I can see her in my vision whenever I closed my eyes. She’s here. She’s there. She’s everywhere. I think my cheeks hurt from smiling too much to think about the way she pulls me into her arms. Why I feel like I was so perfectly fit in her arms?

 

I can feel the quality of a good hug that she left me for feeling it this way, even if the back hug I received was only lasted less than ten seconds. As funny as it may sound, I refuse to change my attire into a nightwear since the first I got into my room. Her addictive scent that still trapped on my blouse was the only reason why I still have it on my body. I decided to stay like this for tonight. Having her scent with me was the best thing that ever happened in my life ever since a few hours ago. It reminds me to breath. Her scent that felt like it can clean all the polluted air around the city.

 

She makes me want to breath and breath and breath.

 

"Jessi, can I come in?"

 

I heard Krystal's voice come together with a couple of knocks she made at the door, bothering my addiction over something. I haven't got the chance to speak with her alone after Taengoo left from our house. I was in my room the whole time as I was a bit afraid if my parents want to talk personally with me about me and Taengoo again. To be frank, I’m not yet ready to tell them anything about my feeling. Maybe I will ask Taengoo more about them during our dinner date. The thing that she told my parents and my parents’ reaction to her story. I need to hear her story before I could make up my mind if I should consider sharing my feeling to my family or not.

 

"I'm going to come in since you didn't lock your door."

 

I heard my baby sis's voice again, making me recall that I always left my door unlocked since the last incident when I tried to kill myself in Jeju. I never care to lock my door since then. Maybe I should really try to learn locking my room again for safety and privacy reason next time.

 

The bright light slowly breaking through my dark room when she opened the door.

 

"Are you already sleeping?"

 

I saw her tall figure in red flannel pyjamas set standing right in front of the door, hesitating to come in since I haven't made a sound to invite her in.

 

"Not yet. What is it?" I finally make a sound after she used her phone’ flashlight to direct it towards my bed that a bit far from the door.

 

"I can't get my sleep." She expressed, but still hesitating to go in. Usually, she will just join me as she pleased if she can't really get her sleep. I know what make her hesitate right now. Glad that she thought that I still mad at her. She should feel sorry to prank me like that.

 

"And so?" I asked coldly, even if I don't feel that much upset anymore about what she did during our dinner.

 

"Can I sleep with you? You know that we will leave tomorrow. I'm going to miss you real bad for that... I want to sleep with you, even if you're still mad at me." She said in a sad voice as an attempt to make me feel guilty if I ever rejected her request.

 

"Just come in now and close the door, please."

 

"Really?"

 

"I will count from one to three. I will change my mind if you arrive on my bed at the count of four and left the door open."

 

With that said, she slammed the door to run and jumped on my bed at the count of three with a heavy giggles. A credit to me as I was being nice enough to count it a bit slow.

 

"Yah! That's my that you touched, you naughty rascal!" I complained as her hand just roam freely to touch my body when she was on my bed.

 

Her laughter becomes louder in a second before it dies when she snuggles closer to me. "Thank you for letting me sleep here." She gently announced. "I love you, Jessi."

 

"I l-love you too." I replied hardly when she hugged me a bit stronger than usual. "Why are you so like a baby now?"

 

"I am your baby." She giggles again. Can’t really hide her happiness. "Sorry about tonight. Please don't be mad at me anymore. I just want you to know that daddy and mommy actually approved you guys."

 

"What are you saying now?" I released the securing lock she made on my body so I could switch on the bedside table lamp next to me. Apparently, every word that came out from her lips need to be examined together with her facial expression. "You better don't make up a story and make me mad at you right now too." I resumed my dialogue strictly after seeing her face clearly, doubting of everything she stated since she was smiling at me now.

 

"I'm not making up a story, Jess. Do I look like I’m always trying to fool you?" There is no more smile I can see on her face this time. No sense of excitement from the way she talked as well. Sadly, I still doubt her. "I'm telling you the truth right now. What daddy asked her on the dining table is the real deal you know. You may ask her if you don't believe me. Mom told me she has already been asked by daddy the other day the same questions like you heard tonight. I supposed not to let you know. But I can't hide it. I like Taengoo unnie for you. Can't you guys just get married sooner? I want to see you be happy with her."

 

Okay, I need a break!

 

I really need to think carefully. What makes my parents allow me to marry her that easily? I know they live in the States where same gender marriage was legal in certain cities, but I never know they were so open with me dating or marrying someone who is in the same gender as me just like that. I thought they will against my decision or will try to tell me that I should not bring a disgrace to our family. Because that's the reason why it stopped me from being honest that I actually want to be more than a friend with Taengoo.

 

"I still don't want to believe you. Why would they want us to marry and move to the States and live together with you guys? I smell fishy to their decision, even if that was the truth. They once against me so hard from marrying Donghae, but they allow me to marry Taengoo just that easy? Something is just not right you know. Because I knew our parents. Maybe it’s a sign that I should get freaked out with their tolerant. Does something happen to make them change?"

 

"You want to know why?"

 

I nodded my head as I want Krystal to tell me before I get crazy trying to figure out the reason on my own. Did Taengoo hypnotize all of them to make it easier for us? Could it be the only real reason?

 

"Basically, of course, because Taengoo unnie likes you too and she has a clean profile. I mean she has a good profession and a bonus for the volunteer job she did so far. The second reason they afraid to against you because you have a history with your suicidal trial before. And Jessi… you should not bring that douchebag man’s name. Please don't make a comparison about him and Taengoo unnie too. Taengoo unnie was far better than him." She uttered like she knew Taengoo since she was a baby. "Have she hurt you to make you drag her name to be in the same level as him? No, right?"

 

I can't give a reply for the thing I heard and being questioned. I still find it absurd for them liking Taengoo and granting my wish if I truly want to marry her. I don't know why I was getting too concerned about their approval somehow. And Krystal was really being funny by backing up Taengoo so much. How can she be so certain if Taengoo isn't going to hurt me in the future, even if I doubt it myself.

 

"I don't know what makes them assume I want to get married with Taengoo. Because truthfully, we are only friends. So please stop assuming things like we will become more than that."

 

"Are you sure?" She raised her eyebrow and grinned widely this time. No more being serious like how she tried to make me understand how special Taengoo was. "Because Taengoo unnie doesn't speak the same thing about you. She said she likes you."

 

Seeing her sly grin makes me want to end this conversation and refuse to answer her any longer. That little devil is so reckless by saying everything simply on her mind. She had no idea what trouble she caused me right now.

 

"You may think whatever you want. It’s time for me to sleep." I announced quickly, but that doesn't stop my evil sister from trying to speak with me again by delaying my intention to turn off the only source of light in my room.

 

"But I have something I want to show you before we go to sleep."

 

"Show me what?"

 

"Promise me that you will still love me, even if I show you this."

 

"I don't make promises. You know that."

 

She hugged me and kissed my cheek quickly before she stared into my eyes. My gut was telling me that she wants to show me something from her phone when I noticed she takes a glance of it.

 

"I love you so much, Jessi. I don't mean to take this, but I just can't help myself. You guys really look good to be together." She climbed down my bed to show me the image of Taengoo back hugging me when we were at the rooftop that she captured from her cellphone.

 

I can't believe she peeked at us. I should be alert to my surrounding next time. It's clearly upsetting to be watched by my family to the things I did with Taengoo. I don't like to share too much PDA of us to them. Believe me, I will grab the phone and do something with it if only she didn't prepare herself to my attack. Because she was a bit far and can run anytime from me, so I pretend to be cool with it. My friends in high school won't call me ice-princess for no reason, if I can't win this battle against her right now. I need to show her I'm still the boss between us. I can't let her bully me like this. It’s such a dishonor to myself if I allow that to happen.

 

"Oh, that's normal. Can't friend hug each other?" I reasoned out calmly, despite the real me, want to shout at her to delete the photo. I can't see my expression on the photo she took. I was too shy to even take a glance of it. "You're making a big fuss with this tiny photo of us. Don't you know that we were close? I have hugged her so many time and danced with her so many times while she was staying with me before. This mean nothing at all. Maybe you should go and check the cctv with Dad and Mom next time. You will see more skinship of us till you get nauseated." I uninterestedly explained, trying to cover up my real emotion.

 

"Then maybe you should see the video I recorded too."

 

"Play it however you like, Krystal. Nothing’s gonna change my view of the video. We are still a friend. I'm going to sleep now for real." I turned off the bedside table lamp as a quick solution to cover my flustered face.

 

She was really unbelievable to even record us. How interesting is my life to have a sister like her. I remember that she never behaves like this when I was in a relationship with Donghae. Did that little devil really hypnotize all of them to make them approved us? The same question bothered my mind once again.

 

"Yah! You must see how she rocks you lovingly in her arms. Your expression is so priceless. Yaaah! Jessi... wake up!"

 

Finally, she got upset on her own just like what I expected when I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter