My Love

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s note: Hello, everyone! A few days ago, I accidentally deleted chapter 58 while reading and scrolling the story from my phone. It happened so quick. I cannot undo it. Luckily, I have a soft copy with me. I decided to put the story in draft because I need to edit and swap the chapter. Thank you to a few of you who tried to reach me. Please enjoy the new update.

 

 

 

 

 

*******

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

Taengoo didn't carry me into her arms after I rolled and tied my hair in top bun and wore the dark blue nightrobe that she helped me to get from the wardrobe. Instead, she passed me the red lipstick with her dorky eyes looking all cute at me. The power of her glorious eyes almost makes me take the lipstick, following whatever she required me to do.

 

"I want to take our photo for our couplestagram." She reasoned out as if she knew the reason why I hesitate to take the lipstick.

 

'First nightrobe, and now lipstick? Nightrobe because I look y and lipstick because she wants to take our belated Valentine's dinner or supper photo to post in our couplestagram who hasn’t been updated since the last she posted a tattoo of my name on her back body?'

 

"Honey, are you going to ask my hand for marriage? Is there anyone in the presidential suite other than the two of us right now?"

 

The statement came out spontaneously from my mouth. My woman’s instinct and detective mode suddenly kick in. I felt clicked when my dearest sister didn't answer to my phone call when that never happened before. I mean, I knew the time when she’s awake and available to pick up my call. Why she suddenly M.I.A? I clearly aware Dr. Sunny’s ability too. No doubt she can bring and hide them somewhere in the presidential suite.

 

No one can blame me to assume like this. I've seen a few proposals other than a breakup in the resort tonight. I can't help to think if Taengoo wants to do the same with maybe my sister, my future mother-in-law, and her friends’ attendance in the presidential suite to witness the proposal. If she wants to have that, she had to inform me right now. I need to look awesome. Not only using a nightrobe with a lipstick as my only makeup if she's going to record the memorable event.

 

"Skip the lipstick. You look awesome even without it, Miss Jung." She announced with a chuckle which make her look adorable and nervous at the same time.

 

I knew that she could read my mind if we make eye-contact. Must I not look into her eyes now?

 

She tried to scope me from the bed, but she failed to do so when I stood up on my own. I crossed my arms against my chest and stared into her electric blue and emerald eyes very bravely. I don't care if she could pick up a few words from my head. It’s a bit unfair when I can hear her thoughts and I don’t even allow her to read what's on my head even a little, I thought. I try to behave. Not controlling my thoughts or emotions. If she can read me, then be it. Moreover, I adore her magnificent eyes. I truly do. I do need to speak while looking into her eyes.

 

"Yes?" I raised an eyebrow, looking all superior or y. I expect her not to skip the question I asked before. She’s standing right in front of me. As I get closer, her eyes blinking rapidly. "You have some explaining to do, my love. Are we going to that level tonight? Proposal and then making love on belated Valentines?"

 

"Em... no!" Her answered follow with head shaking. She was too quick to kill my doubt, I thought. Her face slowly turns red. Very red. "Are you upset?" She looked up to find my eyes only after avoiding it awhile ago. A second later, her hands touched each side of my arms. "Please don't be. I'm really serious with you, Miss Jung. I mean, I love you with all my heart. I want to grow old with you, like what I've said earlier. Just give me a little time to make that happen."

 

So cute, I thought. She's definitely the cutest person on earth to be all nervous for this. I wonder if the last question I asked was the reason for it. You know, I'm not that bad. I fully understand if she needs time to propose me. I just felt something odd in her tone when she asked me to put my nightrobe and lipstick, especially after she tricked me with her PUBG game during my arrival to the place. If I remember correctly, she had been planning this dinner date for the past a few days by acting or pretending that she was so into her PUBG game. As such, I really thought she wanted to do another surprise other than celebrating our belated Valentines.

 

"I can wait, my love. I'm just asking because I don't want to look pale or messy when you propose me. Give me the lipstick." I open my palm, agreeing to her earlier request. If it is just to capture our moment for our couplestagram, then I will do it. "I'm going to use it."

 

I want to more. ‘Dear God, I want to tease this adorable human in front of me more.’ I want to witness the crimson shade on her face due to embarrassment. It's good to know how shy that she was each time when I touch the topic about kissing me or making out with me. Because she shared her point of view during our first kiss and our first make out, I happened to know she had an that night. She got an without I even touched her. That’s a good thing, for I knew she was enjoying herself and I wasn’t the only one who needs a relief. Despite, I agreed, I do feel embarrassed the same as her for knowing how desperate I was that night. You know, asking her to finish me off by guiding her hand to touch my and my most euphoric organ makes me look so easy. I can’t deny, her eyes and kiss truly knocked me out. I don't even feel mad for knowing how I end up like that.

 

Instead, I felt lucky.

 

She didn’t take advantage of my desperate called because she thought I wasn't completely in my right mind and she felt so wrong to do that when we barely knew each other. I admire her for that. I remembered how she drove me insane to control my thought about that night over and over during my entire therapy session at my parents' penthouse with her. Like I felt cheap, rejected, unwanted, played, and so on. I tried to resist the feeling. But I was hooked for that countless kisses we shared. I want to experience that again. However, it wasn't so easy. I kept pushing her away again and again. That was the time when I was in a denial. The feeling was so foreign to me. I cannot accept the fact that I suddenly like a woman.

 

Sorry, I’m not sorry. I don’t feel the same as I once before. I love her! I will scream ‘YES’ if she asks my hand for marriage. And of course, I’m still waiting her to make a move to kiss me. Even if she makes me feel and wanting to kiss her from time to time, I still need to behave. From her point of view that she shared with me, I know she is that kind of person who loves if I play hard to get. Sad to say, I don't possess the power to deny her like in the past anymore. I become clingy to her. I love how she spoiled me. 어떡해 (eo-tteok-hae / what should I do)?

 

It's funny when I missed her like crazy till I can't get my sleep last night. Actually, we have a facetime. I just thought that wasn't enough for me. I cannot stand not being in the same place with her. I want to be able to touch her hand, sharing the air we breathe, and look into her magnificent eyes while speaking with her. Well, I have been staying in the same place with her ever since the day we found each other at the Rock n Roll bar. The thought of not staying together in the same place with her and our daughter suddenly drove me insane. In between my busy work, I kept on thinking about her and our daughter. It applied the same today. If not because of Angela’s unnie cousin, I could have spent my time with her a little earlier. I felt guilty on that other than my mood swing when she chose to play the game and didn't say anything about Valentine's Day.

 

I placed my hand on her shoulder before I gave her a gentle rub. My smile becomes broadened as I look at her like a prey. Is teasing her perhaps not that too much for someone who supposed to hold the role for playing hard to get? Ignore ‘playing hard to get’. She’s my girlfriend. It’s not a sin to a little, I argued mentally.

 

"Who knows if wearing a lipstick will give me a luck tonight. Red lips, staring for hours... hmm~"

 

I moan, close my eyes, and bit my bottom lip because I can’t really help myself to , although I do understand she wasn’t prepared for that level yet. I could predict why she felt that way. If kissing me could release a surge of dopamine, then she must feel afraid if that would happen again.

 

"제발 (Je-bal / For goodness's sake), forget the lipstick, baby." She threw the lipstick in the middle of the bed and scooped me up into her arms without any delay.

 

I encircled my arms around her neck directly, trying to draw myself a little closer to her face. She was all shy now. I can see it. She avoids any eye-contact with me and become quiet. Her inner voice not that quiet, though. She tried to block her thought by humming. Excellent. At this point, I totally not feel as sleepy as I was before. She gave me the strength to live the moment with her.

 

"Honey..."

 

"Ne (네 / Yes)?"

 

"My love..."

 

I called the other endearment name that I loved to call her this time in my attempt to make her look at me.

 

"Ne, gorgeous?"

 

"Look at me."

 

She did just briefly, sharing me her dorky or nervous smile again. We passed the door as she brings me further to the destination of our belated Valentine’s date. Her face still red. I knew I wasn’t that heavy for her. For someone who's actively doing weight lifting, carrying me is too easy.

 

"Am I too heavy?"

 

"Ani (아니 / No). Wae (왜 / Why)?"

 

"Your face is red."

 

"I'm shy. You know that..."

 

"Forgive me. I just like to tease you too, sometimes."

 

"Ara-yo (알아요 / I know). No hard feelings."

 

I felt relief when she said that. Now, it makes me wonder where she wants to bring me. My eyes caught nothing was prepared in the dining room, and not even in the living room as I did a quick glance of the area.

 

"Where are we going right now, honey?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter