Better Babe

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

 

Hyomin feels sad when her gorgeous umma gotten sick and needs to rest again. Unfortunately, the roleplay game can wait for next time. For now, her gorgeous umma needs to be healthy again. She hopes by getting enough rest it will make her gorgeous umma to feel better soon, just like what her beautiful mama told her. She won't nag at her mother to play the roleplay game that she wanted if one of them are not feeling better. Because she hates it herself when she got sick with high fever and need to stay on the bed last time. She knew getting sick is not fun. Her beautiful mama was right. No one wants to get sick. It's unfortunate when it happens.

 

Despite not being able to play the roleplay game like what she wants, she continued to learn how to play ukulele with her favourite person. Her beautiful mama had taught her the same song like what they saw together on the clip four hours ago. Her beautiful mama said, she needs to practice more on her strumming pattern, and she agreed with what her beautiful mama said. Maybe, she will practice more the next day and the next day and the next day. It's not enough to learn music within a day.

 

She is so slow. Not like her pretty godmother or beautiful mama who had great talent in arts and music. When she complained sadly to her beautiful mama, her beautiful mama explained to her that kid has a different ways of learning things. Sometimes their progress is fast and sometimes not. There's really nothing bad in that. Learning process should take some time as what her beautiful mama said. Even her beautiful mama takes time to learn something new, sometimes. Her beautiful mama was really being so lovely for not letting her down by being greedy to master playing ukulele within a day. That's why she made a promise to herself, she will try to learn playing ukulele continuously and will try not to give up too quickly again. She really wants to be like her talented and amajjing mothers.

 

She was in her beautiful mama's lap for the past twenty minutes, spending time watching National Geographic YouTube channel together from her iPad. Things that they always do together other than watching cartoons or playing games. National Geographic channel taught her many things about the world. Her beautiful mama always spent her time like this with her. Conversing with her about some of her curiosity from the channel that taught her quite a lot. Now, she got really tired or rather sleepy. She noticed the show they watch about the glowworm almost come to an end as well. It's such a unique God creature that amazed her. The same like fireflies who had bioluminescent in their bodies, she thought. The bioluminescent is a chemical reaction that’s happening within the worm body as what she knows. It makes them really look attractive to see in the dark cave. She had asked her beautiful mama a few questions at the beginning of watching the documentary. But now, she becomes so quiet. After learning how to play ukulele, she got to play outdoor with her pretty godmother that caused her to become a little tired right now.

 

Her pretty godmother had taught her how to write her name in the snow and built Elsa and Anna ice-sculpture near to Olaf in the span of an hour with a chisel. She loves her pretty godmother a lot for making her favourite Disney cartoon. Her pretty godmother was so creative. Not enough that, her pretty godmother finds her ice sledding to play at the place. When her beautiful mama came to check on her, she asked her beautiful mama to join them playing ice sledding together. Her beautiful mama did for awhile before her beautiful mama set-up a tent for her to rest and catch her breath, make a campfire to make her stay warm while playing outdoor, and dig a small hole from the frozen ice to catch trout for her to eat. Aunty Yoona's house got a lot of interesting things to do because it's snowing a lot. Not like their house on the beach. She stopped playing ice sledding because what her beautiful mama did, really caught her attention and interest.

 

She loves eating fish. And she knew her beautiful mama can't eat them because her beautiful mama is a vegetarian. As what she got to know, her beautiful mama tried to catch fish for her and the others for lunch. During that time, she got the chance to experience how to hold the small fishing rod and how to reel it. Her beautiful mama and her caught twelve trout fish from the frozen lake together which making her hugging her beautiful mama like a koala. She was so happy because she got to learn new skill that she cherished a lot today.

 

Done with helping her beautiful mama catching trout. She followed her pretty godmother in a preparation to clean and grill their catch. Her lunch was fulfilled with tasty grilled trout. It was sad though, when her gorgeous umma can't join them to have grilled fish for lunch and when her beautiful mama can't taste the delicious trout with them. Her beautiful mama only ate salad and mushroom congee from their morning meal. She’s not happy when her beautiful mama can't eat the same food like them. That's also the reason why she wants to become a chef. She wants to cook a variety type of delicious vegetarian foods for her beautiful mama when she grew up.

 

There were a few times she asked her beautiful mama and also a few times from her pretty godmother on why her beautiful mama becomes a vegetarian and why her beautiful mama can't eat the same food like them. Her curiosity made her ask the same question a couple of time to them. Right now, she understands better. She never asked them the same question anymore, even if she feels sad to see the situation. Her beautiful mama can't eat the same food like them because her beautiful mama has an allergy. It will make her beautiful mama gets sick if she ate food other than what she can. That's really not good, she thought. She despises a lot if her beautiful mama gets sick. Although she was sad her beautiful mama can't taste the grilled trout, but at least she knows her beautiful mama will not get sick from it. It's enough to what she saw last night when her beautiful mama and pretty godmother got hurt. If they got sick following her gorgeous umma, she might end up crying again. And she hates to cry. It consumes too much of her energy. No kid loves to cry so much for no reason, she thought.

 

The room where they occupied right now was the same room where her sick gorgeous umma is resting. Her pretty godmother is not in the same room with her and her two other mothers right now. She heard aunty Sunny wants to talk something with her pretty godmother. Not only her pretty godmother, but aunty Krystal, aunty Yuri, aunty Yoona, aunty Hyoyeon, and aunty Sooyoung too. She met aunty Hyoyeon and aunty Sooyoung before their lunch. They come to the place to stay together with them tonight. Before their discussion, she got the chance to tell her pretty godmother to keep two from the grilled trout for her gorgeous umma to eat later when she's awake. Jessicat already had her share and ate with them during lunch time. But her gorgeous umma had nothing yet. Her pretty godmother said she was so kind for thinking about her sick gorgeous umma. Of course, her pretty godmother had saved it before she even asked. Because her pretty godmother is a kind person too. She loves her pretty godmother a lot.

 

"Mama..." Hyomin tilted her head quickly and called her favourite person to let her know a few things.

 

Her beautiful mother returned her stare from the iPad screen to see her face directly. Not wasting the time, even a tiny. Like her beautiful mother was paying attention to her a lot. Just a little call, and her beautiful mother was all hers. She doesn't need to beg for attention right now. A little thing like this could already make her genuinely happy.

 

"Ne?"

 

"Hyomin just remember something, mama."

 

"Remember what, baby?" Taengoo asked softly while brushing her daughter's hair tenderly. They need to be as quiet as possible since they were sharing the same room with the sick person. The single couch they occupied was a bit far from the bed where Jessica is resting. She had moved the couch to somewhere far from the bed area. But still, she thought they needed to control their voice. She had told her daughter about that before they start watching about glowworm in Waitamo cave, New Zealand.

 

"Last time when umma was in the hospital…" Hyomin whispers, following the tone her beautiful mother used awhile ago with her. "Umma said to Hyomin that umma will feel better if Hyomin hugs umma and sleeps next to umma's body. Hyomin feels a little sleepy now, mama. Can Hyomin and mama sleeps next to umma and hug umma together?"

 

Taengoo tries to calm the excitement in her eyes. She clearly knew that she should not take advantage of the situation even if she likes her daughter’s suggestion. Jessica had warned her beforehand. Not to use their kid as a mean to get what she wants from her. She just needs to control her desire because of that. Right now, Taengoo was aware it meant her daughter's nap time is coming. Most of the time, Hyomin will just fall asleep on her body, but it didn’t happen right now. Maybe the glowworm they watch keeps her daughter to stay awake. The exploration about glowworm in Waitamo, New Zealand really such an interesting thing to see. She wished to bring Hyomin to the place with Jessica one day.

 

She didn’t say no to her daughter’s suggestion, but asking her daughter about other important stuff before her daughter normally went to sleep. "Do you want mama to make you milk before you take a nap?"

 

"Hyomin is full from lunch, mama. No room for milk." The little kid shared while rubbing her flat, but tighten tummy. It makes her mother smiles to see her cute reaction rubbing her little tummy like that. "Hyomin wants to take a nap near jojes umma with mama."

 

"Mama is not sleepy, princess." Taengoo mumbles slowly again, "But mama will accompany mama's little princess by sitting on the bed if that's okay."

 

"Hyomin is fine with that, mama. Mama can join us if mama feels a little sleepy later. Hyomin will go to sleep while hugging umma."

 

"Hmm... Just sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter