Heaven

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 


Jessica took nearly ten minutes to finish her shower and put her clothes on. Her hair was slightly damp. Because she only used a towel to dry it instead of using a hair-dryer. Not wanting to waste the time had made her to decide just drying her hair with a towel. She’s not only surprising Taengoo to appear in the dining room, but everyone else. Her late arrival at the place was making all eyes were set on her. Everyone at the place were already half way eating during her arrival. As such, they paid their attention at the woman who just arrives in a blue jeans, white sweatshirt, and brown cardigan.

 

Taengoo put back the tray with a few selections of food on the table after Jessica's arrival. She really didn’t expect Jessica will show up in the dining room after she told everyone that she will have a breakfast in Jessica’s room. That’s why she got the tray of food in her hands. She was so ready to go into Jessica’s room to have a breakfast with her alone. Alone because their daughter was already eating mushroom congee with Tiffany when she went to the dining room awhile ago. It’s not good to ask their daughter to stop eating just so she could bring her to eat at the other place. She happens to be in the dining room for sending a glass of healthy juice to Tiffany and a glass of fresh milk to Hyomin when Jessica suddenly arrived at that place. Right now, Taengoo felt so impressed when the woman she loves greeted everyone and even did a little speech. Basically, Jessica was saying her sorry, for she can’t have a breakfast earlier with them. She informed her reason why she was late at that time.

 

Because Jessica decided to sit next to her sister, so Taengoo chose to sit at Jessica's front which is next to Hyomin. The young kid who had mushroom congee as her breakfast menu was showing a sign of an excitement after she sees another person that she can call as a mother. She was sitting in between her pretty godmother and beautiful mama right now. In front of her was her umma's younger sister. She replied the same greetings that her gorgeous umma gave to her from across the table with a shy smile. She really wanted to give a hug to her new gorgeous mother, but she's still having a breakfast right now. Her beautiful mama had taught her well not to leave the table before finishing her food. Perhaps, she will do it later, she thought.

 

The young kid who has three mothers had no idea that her new mother happened to be her real mother, actually. And her real mother really wanted to give her a deep hug and kisses too, if only she was brave enough to share her tears in front of everyone. The other reason is, Jessica was afraid to do so when Tiffany was around and when Tiffany didn’t say a word to welcome her like everybody else. She didn't want to be so excited meeting her kid because of that. She clearly knew about what happened to them. Her father almost threw Hyomin away from their lives and her father also became the reason why Taengoo and Tiffany's bodies have a wound. Therefore, she understands if Tiffany was maybe still mad to remember the incident by seeing her. After all, it all happens because of her. Actually, she changed her mind to eat with everyone because she doesn't want Taengoo to separate Hyomin from Tiffany who came to the place to have a breakfast together. She thought, her action was really unkind. She realized that while having a shower. That's the decision that makes her be brave to face everyone.

 

Taengoo wasted no time by offering her butler service at the person in front of her. She served the goddess princess mushroom congee, sweet potatoes, avocado fruit that was cut into a small piece and organized in a heart shape, and also a very healthy drink like what she remembers Jessica can drink during her stay together with her a few months ago. She supposed to feel sad when Jessica said they could have a breakfast together in her room. But, nope. She doesn't feel sad at all. Actually, she feels something positive to see Jessica’s arrival in the dining room. It's not easy to be in Jessica's shoes. Since everyone seems to know the story about what happen to the two sisters in the attic and Jessica’s parents, she understands how difficult it must be for Jessica to decide coming to the place. Entering late to the place is like she had to be prepared to receive all the attention that will be given to her. When Jessica did that, she really wants to clap her hands and praised her. But she can only welcome her, not praising her like what she wants. She was so embarrassed to say it out loud in front of everyone or in front of Jessica's only sister. It's funny though, when Krystal was giving her a dumbfounded look at Jessica's unexpected arrival. It's like Krystal really wanted her to have some lone time with Jessica. She thought Krystal shouldn't be worried. The day is still long. She can spend time with Jessica after breakfast. It's not like Jessica has anything to do after breakfast.

 

Maybe what Taengoo had on her mind can be read by Tiffany. If not, Tiffany will not ask her to look after Hyomin after their breakfast. Basically, Tiffany transferred the responsibility fully to her because Tiffany wanted to have a private conversation with Jessica. Jessica’s attendance in the dining room makes Tiffany feel confident that Jessica could probably handle a little discussion with her already. Taengoo tried to oppose Tiffany's trial to bring Jessica for a private talk, but she has no say to that when Jessica agrees to Tiffany's request by saying she has a thing that she wanted to discuss with Tiffany too.

 

Taengoo can only disagree silently. This time she felt so sad like a little kid. She had no same thought like when Jessica came to the dining room before. It’s like she needs to take a number or make an appointment with Jessica after she failed to be alone with her. She really thought, she could spend her time with Jessica for as long as she wants after their breakfast. Who knows this will happen? Tiffany will have a chance before she does. Not that she worries if Tiffany will try to erase Jessica's mind. Because Tiffany made a promise to her that it won't happen again while they were on the flight. She just thought, her trial to share oxygen in the same room with Jessica was interrupted. That's why she was sad.

 

Taengoo took Hyomin from Jessica's arms who begs to be taught playing a music instrument Ukulele like what Krystal shows to Hyomin from the Despicable Me 3 movies. Where can she find Ukulele in Yoona’s vacation house, she thought? Maybe she needs to bother her best friend Sunny again to get the instrument in Tiffany's house. Her small princess meant a lot to her. She won't say no if Hyomin wants to learn music. Moreover, Hyomin is in the right age to learn and discover new things around her. She believes Hyomin will do great in the future if she starts to learn new skills from her age right now. It's her responsibility to teach her daughter too. Her talent shouldn't be kept all to herself. She wanted to teach Hyomin all the skills and knowledges that she had. Just like how Hyomin learns to read English and Korean alphabet. Hyomin was doing good by making a sentence as she had been taught the language by Tiffany, her mom, and her. At three, Hyomin already can read simple words. It's really a good progression as a kid in her age.

 

"Full with breakfast?" Taengoo threw a question directly to her daughter who just burp and said 'Excuse me!' in a cute baby tone. Just like Jessica, Hyomin had finished her breakfast which makes her so happy.

 

Her daughter immediately making eye-contact with her after her question. And she always loves whenever her daughter looks into her eyes like right now. Hyomin has a special spot in her heart. Talking with her is like an honour. It’s really an amazing journey seeing her growing up. From the day she starts to talk till the day she starts to walk. Yes, Hyomin could speak a simple word before she could walk. She remembered that tears roll down her cheeks right when Hyomin called her 'mama'. Hyomin was only six months old at that time. She knew how to crawl and speak that only word when she was six months old. Three months later, she began to walk. Impressing her to see how her smart daughter tries to find an object to support her body so she could stand up. She had a few nervous breakdowns while raising her. She disliked when Hyomin got sick. It worried her when she knew the news about Hyomin got Jaundice and high fever while she was having an outstation job. She recalled the time when Tiffany called her in tears to tell her daughter’s situation during one of her outstation jobs. The missed call and voiced note that she received from Tiffany as she her phone made her feeling unsettle. She took unpaid leave and returned home immediately by asking Sunny to take her from a five stars hotel in Beijing. She didn’t want to wait a few hours of flying before she could see her daughter again. Because Hyomin meant a lot to her.

 

"Did mama lovely girl drink all the fresh milk?" Taengoo continued even if she already knew the answer. She thought to ask her daughter to see how she's going to reply her. Making a conversation with her lovely kid is always a wonderful feeling.

 

"Geu-reom-yo! Hyomin had them all. Hyomin wants to be tall like mama when Hyomin grows up." The adorable kid stated excitedly. It makes her beautiful mama smiles to hear her answer.

 

A few minutes ago, Hyomin got the chance to be in her gorgeous umma's arms before she was transferred into her beautiful mama's strong arms. She received a lovely hug and kisses on her forehead and cheeks from her gorgeous umma at that time too. Her gorgeous umma smells so fresh like a flower. She knew her gorgeous umma just took a shower. That's why her hair is still wet. Truthfully, she was so so happy. It's really so great to see her gorgeous umma again. She can't wait to play roleplaying games with her gorgeous umma later on. That's why she needs to learn how to play ukulele like what she saw on Despicable Me 3 short clips with aunty Krystal. She needs to show her gorgeous umma that she can play a music too like her beautiful mama. Her beautiful mama is about to teach her now. And she will play ukulele together with her beautiful mama during the roleplay.

 

Right now, she got the chance to talk about the milk that she had. She knew from her beautiful mama that consuming milk will make her grow taller. She wants to be as tall as her beautiful mama when she grows up. Because she can only see her beautiful mama in her eyes. Her beautiful mama is her greatest mama who loves to cater her every need. Her beautiful mama has lots of talents. She had taught her so many things in her small age. To name a few, she had been taught how to swim since she was a baby with the help of swim rings. She knew how to arrange blocks of Lego and how to find or fit a piece of jigsaw puzzles. She had learnt how to build sand castle. They had colored a few of her favourite coloring books together. Other than watching cartoons, playing tickles, or learning how to read the alphabet and numbers, running on the beach, and doing yoga or pilates were also consider as a few of her favourites time with her beautiful mama. And just a few months ago, she got to learn how to play a mini bicycle for the first time with her beautiful mama's assistance. Spending her time with her beautiful mama always felt wonderful. Sometimes, she feels like she doesn't want her beautiful mama to go to work so she can spend her time only for her. But even if her beautiful mama was busy, she knew her beautiful mama never failed to contact or try to check on her. That's why she loves her the most. She always had a time for her. And her beautiful mama will be sorry many, many times if she had to be busy.

 

"Mama is not that tall, baby princess. You should set a higher target if you want to be tall. Take aunty Sooyoung, aunty Yoona, aunty Yuri, or aunty Krystal as a rolemodel for an excellent height." Taengoo explained to the kid. The reason of her smile before. "Mama is a danshin-ya. Just like aunty Sunny, aunty Hyoyeon, pretty godmother, and gorgeous umma. When mama was small, mama always got called midget which is similar meaning to danshin by a group of kids only a year older than mama's age. Danshin or midget meant short people. Anyway, it's not good to call short people with that name, 'Danshin' or 'Midget'. It's like an insult word for short people. Mama just wants to give Hyomin an example of the wor--" Taengoo stops her story on the spot.

 

She thought she had no memory about that. She only heard the story from Sunny about they got bullied for being a Danshin when they were a kid. But right now, she remembers the event a little bit. The face of the kid slowly becomes so clear. The area of her kindergarten. And the feeling that she had when the situation happened.

 

"Mama is not short, not a midget, or not a danshin to Hyomin." Hyomin directed her zone out mother's attention back to her with her soft and adorable kid voice. The word 'Danshin' was slowly registered in her head. When her mother said danshin or midget is an insult word, she really doesn't want her mother to feel like she is a danshin or midget at all. "Hyomin is like the seven dwarfs from the Snow White movie for being so small. And mama is just like the Snow White princess. Tall, beautiful, and white. Mama is always gonna be Hyomin's favourite. And Hyomin only wants to grow tall like mama. Hyomin's mama is tall, beautiful, and white." She repeated the three final words again to comfort her mother from her word, Danshin.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter