Starving

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

All my attention has been given fully to the person that wearing a familiar outfit and standing closer to the familiar thing that has been repaired because of my stupid action before.

 

I don't need to see her face to make me recognize who she was. The tinted helmet visor can't even hide her real self from me. From her petite body and height, I could spot the different between the two. She's not the one that I've met in Hongdae and came near to my office building a few times before. She's no one else other than that little devil, Song Taengoo. The one who just texted me, call my demon, and soften me again after knowing it was her that she meant in her game.

 

Dark brown leather bomber jacket, black slim fit leather pants, and brown boots. I scanned them all over again. From the top to the bottom, doing it repeatedly while trying to match with the person who caught in the accident with me about a few months ago.

 

They just perfectly matched! 

 

It's unbelievable when I spotted a hole on the right area just above a knee cap of the pants. The perfume she had even similar with Donghae, the reason why I switched 360° to act like a during that time. I remembered during my therapy I never mentioned to Taengoo about what type of perfume I smell on that day other than mentioning the perfume was the reason why I became angry. I want to yell so badly and be mad at her right now. Not because of the perfume that once could easily shake me, but to yell because she was wearing the accident outfit. The hole in her leather pants clearly tells me everything.

 

Is she out of her mind?

 

My superstitious self was telling me, using an accident outfit is like calling a bad luck to happen to herself. I tried to open my lips to be mad at her for using it again, but no word can come out of my lips. I have no strength to even comment a thing.

 

Can't she just tell me about that day during our dinner date without being an extra like this? She doesn't need to wear the outfit again, spraying the same perfume on her body, and also bringing Yuri's bike! From where did she get this gimmick idea?

 

To be honest, I don't like it!

 

Believe me, even when I was mad to know about this, I can't escape from not admiring how her kind like a Jesus hair tumble down freely on her shoulder when she took off the helmet to finally reveal her face to me. I was standing right in front of her still without a word. This was the second time she made me feel my world got froze on its own to see her. The first was when I passed out and almost died.

 

My heart skips a beat before it throbs frantically – like I have seen a fallen angel standing right in front of me. Meticulously, I was awestruck again. My feet can’t barely move. My mouth was zipped tightly. It was so silent, so frigging cold, and so foreign! I felt like I was spinning in a circle around her. It's so fascinating to feel them all at once. For a moment, I wonder if she was real. How can I deny her beauty? And it saddens me to recall I was the reason of her injury. I made her doing a laser to remove the scar. How bad I was to given her a scar!

 

I tried to end the sudden deathly glare that I unknowingly had the moment when she smiled at me, but I failed. I have mixed emotions that’s hardly to be explained since the last I received her message. Anger, ashamed, disappointed, sadness... they roll into one that almost make me cry right now. She makes me can't breath easy to see her. Precisely, to know it was her that I actually hurt and foolish me, I can't even recognized her, even after she shared me the same story on the day of the accident happened.

 

How on Earth could she hide the real thing from me and act like I did nothing wrong to her? And how could she ask me to forgive her when I was the one who should ask forgiveness from her right now?

 

Now when I remembered again, there's no wonder she gave me that kind of look and asked my name like she was so surprised to see me during our first day of meeting in the lobby. She clearly knew who I was ever since that moment. Why she didn't just confront me, blame me, or just be anger with my attitude during the accident or even at that time? How could she smile and still continue to help me after that? Because if I was in her shoes, I probably will not continue the course.

 

"I heard from Yuri, you were looking for me. Um… as much as I want to keep this from you, I know I can't. I want you to meet my friends later. It's better if you know about it from me than knowing it from them one day. I don't want to take the risk to be hated by you in the future. Um… if you want to hate me, just hate me now. The truth is, I really fell from my bike on my own that day. I lost balance after I did something. Anyway, I still thought you deserve to be upset with me right now. That's why I asked you to forgive me."

 

She was the first to break the silence with her long winding explanations and secret thoughts that I overheard. What does she mean by saying she lost balance because she tried to save my car from not over speeding and crashing with another car? And she really was so stupid by trying to twist the story to make her look bad. I so wanna hit her head with my knuckles so she can just stop being an idiot for once.

 

The thing she said making me recall slightly the full conversation I have with Yuri at Hongdae.

 

 

 

"Do you really feel sorry for what you did?"

 

"I truly do. I will pay the repair cost and medical bill if you have any injury to any part of your body."

 

"You don't have to pay me with money."

 

"Then, how do you want me to pay you?"

 

"This bike was actually mine. But the person who caught in the accident with you is not me. She was my closest friend. We always shared vehicles since we happened to stay at the same place, sometimes. Anyway, the reason I don't want to take your money because she already paid the repair cost, so there's nothing to pay me again. However, I don't think she wants to accept your money too if you want to give her. I can arrange a surprise meet up with her if you want. You may extend your apology to her on your own at that time. That's the least I can offer you a help."

 

"Surprise meet up?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Can't I meet her appropriately?"

 

"She informed me the accident happened because the road was very slippery after the rain and it doesn't involve any other road user. Based on what she says, I guarantee you my soul that she will try to make an excuse for not seeing you since she was pretty busy right now, as well."

 

"I don't know why she wanted to deny no one was involved at that time. Because truthfully, it's not even her fault if she wants to hide the real thing from you." I explained regretfully and suddenly remembered about something during that accident. "By the way, is your friend injured anywhere? I saw she walked stiffly during the accident."

 

"I can say she's still in a good shape. No need plastic surgery anywhere." Probably she could see how nervous and pale my face was when she grinned and said again. "Relax, it's a joke! She's okay."

 

"Thank goodness, if like that. Will you let me know if I can see her any sooner? This is my business card. I really want to meet her personally and say my sorry."

 

She took my business card and looked at it for a few seconds, "Sure Miss Jung, I will find you if I can arrange something. Please don't think too much about what happen because I think she didn’t take it too personal if she lets you go."

 

"Thank you for your kind words. I hope your friend is really okay. Do let me know if she needs anything."

 

"I will. Do you need a lift?"

 

"No, I'm good. I got something to do in Hongdae. Thank you, anyway."

 

"If like that, I hope you can excuse me now, aggasi."

 

 

 

"The night when you got into the emergency room, Yuri was staying with us after I saw her name and answered her phone call from your cellphone. She shared the story about you stopped her in Hongdae and about your request to meet me personally. That night, she supposed to introduce you at me, but her girlfriend was a little sick to make them come a bit late to the club."

 

Now, it answered my question on how Yuri knew I was in the hospital when she texted me to have a speedy recovery.

 

"Can you forgive me?"

 

Is she insane for asking me like that again?

 

You know how bad I really was when I couldn't even speak to her like how I wish. My words stuck in my throat and my tears threaten to fall if I ever say a word. I guessed, I was really so bad to stay mute. If only we were alone, maybe I will cry from embarrassment right now. Thank to a few of my employees. They stop my tears when they leave the property one by one by giving me a goodbye greeting.

 

I really want to talk with her, but I don't feel comfortable to open my mouth yet. The least that I could do is to reach her back in the old fashion way thru kakaotalk. Seeing the same profile picture that she has never changed since last time, makes me even more remorseful to think about that day again.

 

[Jessica]: Is it bad if I ask this person to go home without me? I'm not really in the mood for a dinner anymore, Taengoo.

 

She looked at me with her sad face when I could actually hear how understanding she was for accepting my request as she doesn't want me to continue the dinner if I was upset to see her right now. Well, I wasn't upset to see her. I was upset to find out about this.

 

[Taengoo]: Anything you want, Miss Jung. Will you be okay? Am I scaring you to reveal myself like this?

 

[Jessica]: I'm certain that I will be okay. I have no idea you'll be this extra!

 

[Taengoo]: I thought so.

 

I heard the things that were playing in her mind again. It was Dr.Sunny's idea to make her use the outfit and sprayed the same perfume today. So, she has been sharing the details about us to Dr.Sunny? Is Dr.Sunny her love consultant? And you know what shocked me? When I hear she almost brings her guitar and play the same sad song I hear during the accident. But since she was riding a bike so she can't do the thing that Dr.Sunny asked her. Is Dr.Sunny probably trying to make me hate her more??? Why she lets that doctor manipulate her mind? Thankfully, she didn't do that. I will never stay a second or look at her if she ever played her electric guitar here! Gaining public attention is unacceptable and never in my bucket list.

 

[Jessica]: Before I go, please tell me one thing about the perfume. How you got that on your body during the accident?

 

[Taengoo]: One of my crew sprayed it on me at the duty free shop. She wanted to buy it for her boyfriend. I was heading home from the airport when I fell from my bike and saw you for the first time.

 

[Jessica]: How about now? Did you purchase the perfume you use?

 

[Taengoo]: No. You know I have a flight today right? I stopped at the duty free shop again to spray it on me before I went here. Do you still hate the smell?

 

[Jessica]: Not anymore. But I prefer your own signature perfume.

 

[Taengoo]: Me too.

 

[Jessica]: I'm going home now. Don't worry about me. I'm not mad at you. I just need time to reflect. Sorry. I failed you with this game.

 

[Taengoo]: I'm fine. Still better than I expected. We can reschedule our dinner next time.

 

[Jessica]: What did you expect from me, exactly?

 

[Taengoo]: A slap, a kick, or a punch. Then a hug... maybe?

 

[Jessica]: Stupid! Undeniably, you are an idiot Taengoo. I don't see the reason why you should receive any sort of abusive treatment from me. Anyway, I really wanted to hug you so badly since awhile ago. I feel sorry as I was the reason you need to do the laser to remove the scar. I owe you a lot. I felt tortured to know this. I will pay you everything for the bike repairing cost, medical bill, and also the laser treatment.

 

She stared deeply into my eyes after reading my text. I can only stand less than a few seconds to make direct eye contact with her before I break them. I still thought her eyes were very intense to see for too long. In a few seconds more I saw she opened her inviting juicy lips that I've never imagined I’d kissed.

 

"It's weird to chat on my phone when you were on my front, Miss Jung. But that's oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter