Born Again

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

 

"Umma is sleeping again?"

 

Jessica heard one of the voices of the three persons that she awaits. It’s been nearly two hours she anticipated them to come back and to keep her accompany again. The nurse has been visiting her twice during their absence from the room and one time of that she came with a doctor. She really doesn’t want to stay longer in the hospital. However, the doctor concluded that she is unfit to get a discharge like what she wants yet. She has been asked to rest, but not that she can rest when her head can’t shutdown.

 

She has a recurring thought after talking with the doctor. She can't seem to share with the doctor about her past and tell them why she becomes unhealthy. This is why she needs to get discharged from the place before the doctor do more unnecessary test that she doesn’t want to have. Moreover, she has a reason why she should leave. She needs to get her phone to find Jessicat. Jessicat must be scared to be at the place that she is not familiar.

 

Her eyes stay shut when she overheard a secret thought of someone after hearing her daughter's voice just a second before. That kind of thought that truly wasn't so foreign to her. She delayed her intention to welcome them due to that.

 

‘Ah, she looks so pale and white, yet still pleasantly gorgeous like a goddess. Indeed, she can be any Disney princess that she wants. Her hair really falls perfectly on the side of her shoulder like she was Ariel from the little mermaid right now. If sleeping could make her look this pretty, then she has the right to claim the goddess title all of her life. Sadly, I had brought a trouble again till my gorgeous princess got admitted. The last that she got admitted was because of me too. How can I be this bad? Leaving her alone to handle Hyomin and them? What did Byuntae do to her till she passed out?? I don’t know if I should stick with my plan to propose her after what happened. I never predicted something like this will occur. And I’m worried with the new personality that I just knew today. If Ahjumma Taeng is a e like what Krystal described, that’s mean, I cannot stay closer to Hyomin at the time being. Should I call Soonkyu? Because I know Tiffany will be shocked if she knows I have a e alter in me. I can’t believe it myself to have someone like that. That's so horrible. I can never imagine to hurt Hyomin by being a e. As much as I want Hyomin to get familiar with her real mother, I know I can't… I don’t want Hyomin to get hurt while being around me. What if I change again? I can't let them handle Hyomin alone while I wasn't being on my right mind. Perhaps, I should really go back. I need to take my medicine before they come out and try to hurt anyone. But before doing that, I should call and notify Soonkyu about this. She can always give me a higher dosage of sedative if the others try to bring a trouble again. I prefer to stay on the bed than letting them hurt our precious daughter. Having a e alter is a heart-breaking news that I can't take lightly.’

 

Jessica wants to open her eyes, but she refused to do so. Why she felt so timid if it’s really Taengoo’s thought that she overheard? Didn’t she want to see her too? By the way, Taengoo’s shocking thoughts about the e alter really makes her brain so active. Did ahjumma Taeng come out while Byuntae tries to get a treatment? Why did they say her as a e? The news she received makes her curious. Most of all, she won’t let Taengoo contact Dr. Sunny if she’s going to request something silly like what she overheard. Getting a higher dosage of sedative? That’s insane and should be stopped at all costs. She doesn't want Taeyeon to end up dying.

 

"Mama, aren’t we going to find Jessicat?"

 

Taengoo nodded her head and informed her daughter in a slow tone, knowing the story about the cat and how she got the injury from. Her kid was in her arms, while Krystal is still outside talking with a nurse and a doctor who wants to see her. Her wound has been treated well. And the pain that she felt before has become tolerable after she took the painkiller. For the record, she had requested the wound to be glued instead of stitches since it’s not really deep like what the medical officer claimed. Not that she wants to leave a scar anywhere near to her face. Thankfully, Byuntae didn’t agree for them to get stitches before.

 

"Mama really wants to help to find Jessicat, but mama doesn’t know where we stayed and where to find her."

 

"Mama doesn’t know?" Hyomin gave a perplexed look. Why her mother said that when they have been staying together at the hotel last night. "Mama kept the hotel card in Hyomin’s pocket before mama left Hyomin this morning."

 

Taengoo quickly searched her daughter's pocket and fished out a room card like what her daughter declared. She checked the card front and back to inspect and read the hotel name silently. Fairmont Heritage Place – Ghirardelli Square. A place that they have been staying together without her awareness. According to Krystal, Jessica has been staying with her and Hyomin at the unknown location to watch her after she changed. Jessica didn’t share anything with Krystal other than that, about her D.I.D, and about Hyomin as Jessica's daughter. She assumed maybe Jessica really wants to take the responsibility to be a mother of Hyomin after she suggested Jessica as an umma to Hyomin. That’s why she told Krystal that Hyomin was her daughter. That makes sense why Krystal thought Hyomin is her niece, she thought.

 

"Are we going back now with umma and aunty Krystal?" Hyomin asked impatiently to her quiet mother, sharing the details plan on how she wants to spend her afternoon. "After we find Jessicat, Hyomin wants a bottle of milk and snuggles to sleep with mama and Tim teddy. Hyomin wants mama to have a nap with Hyomin because Hyomin doesn't want to be left by mama if Hyomin goes to sleep alone." She expressed in a low tone. Sadden by the event when her mother left her alone to watch her sick umma. She got scared to be left alone like that for so long.

 

"Mama is not going to leave you, little princess." Taengoo barely replied because she’s unsure if something like that will ever happen again in the future. She felt really bad when Hyomin had to go through staying with Jessica alone. Her daughter is still so small to take that kind of responsibility. Things happen make her so certain that she should cancel all of her plans and decide to return back to Korea. She won't let her daughter gone through another unpleasant experience because of her desire to be with Jessica. "We will go back to the hotel, find Jessicat, and pack our luggage after that. Mama will tell aunty Krystal about this. Maybe you can give umma a goodbye kiss before we go."

 

"Umma is not coming with us?" She asked again when her mother shook her head. "Why, mama?"

 

"Umma can't leave from the hospital yet, baby princess. She needs to fully recover before she can leave. Don’t worry, we will visit umma and aunty Krystal again one day." Taengoo tried to make a deal with her daughter that this is not going to be the last for them to see the two siblings. Unfortunately, the time right now really not allow her to stay at the place longer. Having someone dangerous to be encountered by her daughter is not a good thing. She can't burden the sick person to keep on watching her if she changed again. It's such ashamed already when she brought Jessica a trouble till she got hospitalized. Jessica should be at the peak of her happiness like what she hopes by following her, but everything is so contrast. Maybe, she has spoiled everything too. "Right now, we will get ourselves ready to take a flight to go home. We will see Pretty Godmother and grandma HyeKyo again."

 

"Going home?" Hyomin's voice and her expression changed again. Not that she's not excited to go home and see her other mother and grandma, but her beautiful mother made a promise to her that they will spend time together during this trip. "Mama said we're going to have a vacation together with umma until Christmas. Aren't we just arrived last night? Hyomin wants to play more roleplaying game with mama and umma like last night. Hyomin really had fun when we color umma’s fingernails together and when mama was playing a role as Ahjumma Taeng. Hyomin still wants to do minion roleplay with umma and mama. Hyomin will take a role as Bob, Mama as Stuart, and Umma as Kevin. Aunty Krystal can play as the former world’s greatest villain, Gru."

 

‘Roleplay? She told our daughter last night we only have a roleplay after I changed? Both of them have met the e alter since last night? Aren’t they supposed to be scared with me? And I colored her fingernails with our daughter last night? That’s why she got the weird color on her fingernails? She allowed that to happen? Oh, she is smiling right now? She is actually awake? All this while she has been listening to us? She is really awake?’

 

Jessica failed to stay secretive that she is sleeping after listening to Hyomin’s suggestion that want her sister to become the former world’s greatest villain, Gru. She can’t imagine her sister to take that role. Not even sure if her sister wants to play that kind of role. Her smile has betrayed her right now. She got caught by Taengoo whom maybe happened to watch her. Taengoo’s secret thought that saying she is awake all this while is enough to tell her that she should just face them right now. So, she’s just being brave to interrupt the conversation that she never meant to disturb yet.

 

"Umma second your idea, sweetie baby. Not only till Christmas, but please stay with umma until New Year. Umma can do a roleplay as Kevin and play with you like last night if both of you decide to stay with umma." Jessica stated without hesitation.

 

Although, she has no further plan on how to tell her parents about her daughter and Taengoo yet. Her greediness to spend more time with her daughter make her decide to hold them. It’s not only will benefit her, but she believes it will benefit Taengoo too. She doesn’t want Taengoo to get any sedative that will bring a danger to her. She needs her sister to tell her about what happen while they were away till Taengoo thought Ahjumma Taeng is a e alter. Maybe she can calm Taengoo down if they could have a talk about the personality that Taengoo was so worried about.

 

Staring at Taengoo right now is so different than staring at Byuntae. The big grin that coming from Taengoo’s face give Jessica a nerve. Taengoo looks different in appearance wise. She has cleaned the dust on her clothes and had reorganized her hair. She saw the shaved on part of her hair, wondering if Taengoo does feel any pain from the accident that she never aware. She felt bad when she can’t ask anything to check her condition because her main concern is to hold them from n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter