Love Me the Same

The Professional Mourners & Cuddle Buddy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jessica's POV:

 

 

Today is February 14, 2019. Valentine's Day. In Korean culture, women will give chocolate to men as a sign of affection and they will get a return gift on White Day which happened a month after. But in recent years, the celebration was seen important to both, men and women. Both genders celebrating it equally by giving a gift to their partner. In Korea though, we celebrate each month on the 14th as a romantic celebration, especially for couples and lovers. Every 14th of the month is a celebration day. However, Valentine's Day is more recognized globally to make it more special.

 

Ever since yesterday, I have been busy for this event. Our ballrooms and function rooms were almost fully booked. I mean, today is Thursday. Weekday. Not the weekend. And our ski resort just operated in just two weeks, but our sales team did amazing job to almost sell out our available venue. Today, we have a wedding reception, birthday party, and anniversary events. The clubhouse bar and our fine dining restaurant at the ski resort were fully booked with couples celebrating the occasion in a lovely and fancy atmosphere. Live romantic music, simplest yet fascinating table arrangement, multi-coloured LED lights, pleasant aromatic scent, fresh course of food cooked from our world class chefs, best wine selections, and splendid ski slope view has created a different feeling for every couple that spent their evening at the restaurant.

 

Not only the clubhouse bar and fine dining restaurant were fully booked, we have sold out special made chocolates and candies at the bakery store at three in the afternoon too. I was fascinated by our team who decorated and created a wonderful spirit of love around the resort. Huge love symbol and cupid ice-sculptor were created amazingly outdoor. It grabs attention to visitor that coming for a day visit or overnight at the ski resort. Other than that, our recreation club has successfully organized an exciting couple activities, games, and quizzes with lots of prizes to win. Mostly, the prize is a 3D2N voucher staying at this place included breakfast for two. We offered thirty winners for the prize. The voucher that valid to claim in the span of thirty days. That's not included other prizes that covered free dining at our restaurant for two on White Day, and free entrance to use the facilities that we offer for half a day for each couple which they can claim immediately. The fun event this afternoon has been participated by many couples. We have many winners from our official ski resort SNS too. I could see our ski resort official SNS increased in number in just a day. Our visitor, they used the right hashtag to promote us better. I put a big smile on my face after seeing they have created a wonderful moment with their family or love ones from the hashtag they used.

 

I was sad to know I don’t have a close relationship with my parents as it once before. Krystal said our parents have done something bad to us before I lost my memory. And someone has controlled their mind to love us better after that unfortunate event. They only act kind towards us because they’re still under the charm of someone. I believe in what my only sister said. Before I lost my memory, I got to know I sold my business and bought my own house to live with Krystal in San Francisco. This is my third property that I bought other than my house in San Francisco where Krystal lived right now. I have another house in Busan. Somewhere closer to the beach, where I found my helper and get my treatment last time.

 

I’m no longer attached to what my father owned. My parents seem to understand that we were big enough and can live on our own property. We do visit them once or twice a month. Just having a dinner and a little catch up on what they have been doing lately. My parents love golfing. But the sport they chose is not healthy. They bet on the sport they played. I did remind my parents not to get involved too much with betting in the game they played which happened only one time. I can’t remind them repeatedly because I know they are old enough to know what’s good and what’s bad for them. Anyway, I missed Krystal. It's already Valentine’s Day in San Francisco right now. I wonder if she’s still sleeping. Maybe, I will call her again later.

 

Besides Krystal, I missed my girlfriend and our daughter. Taengoo is with me since six in the evening. She’s waiting me in the presidential suite alone. The place that I asked her to stay while waiting the busy me who had to calm a visitor in the fine dining restaurant. Yes, unfortunate things can happen during a day like today. I have forgotten that because my life is very pleasant these days ever since my discovery about my adorable daughter and my charming girlfriend's existence. By the way, my girlfriend still not wishing me or giving me anything to commemorate the Valentine’s day event till now. Like today is not a special day for her. I told my future mother-in-law that both of us have to stay at the resort tonight since it's already late to return home. It will be my second night staying in here, but tonight I have a companion with me. I was really kind of busy, even if I had trusted people who works with me. Wendy is one of my trusted people. I appointed and offered her a job as a CEO because I know the best how she works. She had been with me ever since yesterday to make sure everything run smoothly like what I wish. To be honest, I felt grateful to have her working at this place.

 

Other than Wendy, I thanked my future mother-in-law who helps us to tuck Hyomin into bed after she knows we must stay at the resort. I was only busy like this because it happened to be the first occasion at the ski resort. I never plan to overnight at this place and leave Hyomin in my future mother-in-law's care if not. After tonight, I promised to our daughter that I will take a break and spend the weekend with her. I have the chance to do a facetime with her before she went to sleep. I can’t be happier to know she completely understands my busyness and willing to wait till tomorrow when I will return to my girlfriend’s house again.

 

God knows how exhausted that I was when I reached the presidential suite. My feet were sore from the high heels that I have worn since the morning. I just want a nice sleep in my girlfriend's comforting arms right now if that's not too much for me to request. I know I should be with her about two hours ago. But I just can't leave our guest after the embarrassing moment that she encountered in the fine dining restaurant. What's more the person happened to be my acquaintance? I just can't ignore Angela's unnie cousin.

 

Thirty minutes to twelve midnight when I opened the door of the presidential suite. My girlfriend is in the living room playing a game when I came closer to check on her. ‘PUBG game again?’ I mumbled the question silently to myself. She has been playing the same game for the past three days. She even taught our precious daughter the dance that she called Swing. Everything about the game fascinated her. I came to know she has collections of the game’s merchandise and cosplay since November last year. She is a fan of the game. Definitely. I cannot make that as an issue when I know that’s her free time hobby. Furthermore, she must feel bored to be left for hours at this place. I really didn't mean to arrive at the presidential suite this late.

 

I gave a kiss on her cheek as my silent apology to leave her at this place for too long. Shortly, I sat on the sofa to relax my tired muscles. It seems my girlfriend had taken a shower after she arrived at this place. Her fashion has a sense or resemblance like the game that she played. She is in her ripped jeans and slim white long sleeves with a black tie. Her denim jacket was placed against the sofa. I wonder if she wanted to drive me home right now when I don’t feel like I can foster myself to leave from the place again. I inhaled and exhaled silently for a moment before I begin a conversation with my busy girlfriend who was so into the game she played.

 

Her addicting perfume gets into my system gradually. Honestly, I never feel bored with her scent that I know I love to sniff secretly in the past. It felt the same right now. Her scent is like my favourite bubble gum when I was a kid. She was so clueless that I want to chew her tempting bottom lip each time when her addicting perfume get into my system. I wonder if her scent that I thought so calming now already change to make me feel differently. Am I ? It might be just my frustration when I can't give her a kiss yet, I thought. I keep on imagining things that I want to do to her. And I can't be scared with my thought because I remember how amazing the kiss that I've shared with her in the past.

 

"Have you eaten the food that I asked the room service to send it here?" I double checked to make sure she has eaten the menu that I requested specially for her.

 

"Ne. A-ju mas-iss-eo-yo (아주 맛있어요 / It's very delicious). Gomawo (고마워 / Thank you), gorgeous."

 

She answered with her eyes still on the phone. It appears that her PUBG mission is more important. She can't even spend a second to look at me who just arrived from my busy schedule. Did she forget about today's occasion? It's impossible when she saw the banner and decoration in this place, I thought. Moreover, she knew the reason why I have been busy since yesterday. I even sent her non-dairy chocolate that was wrapped in red ribbon at seven with the other foods that she can eat to give her more hint about today’s event as well. I wonder if she pretends like today couple days never happened. Or did she want to return the gift I gave to her on White Day? All I heard was only her thought about the game in her head right now. She played it with Dr. Sunny. Frankly speaking, I'm not in the mood to be moody for getting less attention from my girlfriend when I'm so tired.

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

"I have lunch with Wendy and our team. I think, I’m still full till now."

 

"Ah…" She replied a bit short. All I heard was only about whatever name of the gun that she wanted to find in the game from her head.

 

"I'm going to take a shower." I announced exhaustedly and tried to gather my energy to leave.

 

"Are we going to sleep in here?" She took the chance to say something, but still her eyes never leave her phone.

 

"Do you want to drive us home this late?" I probed a bit concern.

 

For certain, I will doze off anytime from now and left her to stay awake alone. I don't want that to happen. I prefer to accompany her during the ride by staying awake. That's the reason why I chose to stay at the ski resort. I understand that she must be tired too. She drove from her office in Incheon to this place after her working hours. It took like two hours plus to reach here.

 

"I'm on a mission right now. Overnight in here is such a good idea. Please take a shower soon. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter