Insecure

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

“You’re later than usual. Went out partying and you didn’t invite me?” Himchan hyung teased when I got to his home.

 

“No… I didn’t. Hyung you have any leftovers or anything to eat? I’m hungry.” I said as I poured a drink for myself.

 

“Yeah. They didn’t give you your allowance?” He asked as he busied himself by helping me warm some food.

 

“I took some but I spent them on Eunyoung.” I replied.

 

“Wow, boyfriend duties already?” Hyung asked.

 

“What? How’d you know?” I was shocked.

 

“Wait seriously? I was just joking. Aww, that’s so cute. You finally got a girl.” He grinned.

 

“We’re just trying out. It’s nothing much. She’d probably get bored of me real quick. I have nothing.” I said as I took a seat.

 

“”Hey you know that’s not true. Anyway if she really gets bored of you then she’s not worth your time.” Hyung said.

 

“Maybe all of this is a mistake. Why would someone like her want someone like me?” I wondered aloud.

 

“Now you’re talking rubbish. Not everyone is like them. Don’t be so negative about this. Do you even like her?” He asked as he passed me the bowl of food.

 

“I…. She’s nice. But why? I wasn’t even nice to her.” I questioned.

 

“Then start being nice to her. Maybe she’s the one that will heal you? Give her a chance, give yourself a chance.” He comforted me. I guess I could start now.

 

Then my phone rang and I got a little surprised. I didn’t think anyone would look for me at this hour. Then I found out it was Eunyoung.

 

“You obviously like her, you don’t smile like that when someone texts you. Your reply seemed so unsure just now and you’re not even having a funny conversation!” He said as he peeked at our conversation. Aish hyung!


 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

“Morning Mommy!” I literally jumped out of bed when I heard her open the door to my room.

 

“Woah… Youngie waking up by herself, without my help on a school day. I must be dreaming.” Mommy said.

 

“Ha.ha very funny!” I made a face before heading to the bathroom to prepare. Subconsciously, I was taking a longer time than usual getting ready for school. To say I was excited was an understatement. I could already feel my cheeks heating up, the butterflies in my stomach and I couldn’t stop grinning to myself. Is this what falling in love feels like? I have something or rather, someone to look forward to spending my day.

 

One could say I’m reckless or am rushing things but if we both have feelings for each other, why not act on it?

 

“Morning fatty.” Oppa greeted me. On normal days, I would think of something mean to say to him but today, I couldn’t really care.

 

“Morning Oppa!” I messed his hair and then sat across him on the dining table.

 

“Woah. What happened to you. Did you dream of me in your sleep that’s why you’re looking so cheerful?” He asked.

 

“Eww no. Eat your food.” I said as I started munching on mine. I ate a little more before heading to the kitchen to take a container to put some of the breakfast in. I thought of sharing them with Daehyun.

 

“Mommy! Eunyoung is taking everything!” Oppa shouted.

 

“Don’t exaggerate - why are you taking Daddy’s share too?” Mommy said when she saw me taking more.

 

“I’m in a rush, you can always make more for Daddy. See you when I see you! Bye!” I said after packing and stuffing them into my bag and then left home.

 

I opened the front door and I didn’t know why my mood was dampened. Daehyun wasn’t here. What is wrong with you Eunyoung, Daehyun didn’t even say he would be here. But I thought we would walk to school together. That’s what you think, you both didn’t even make any arrangements. I was talking to myself.

 

As I walked to school, I can’t help but secretly hope that I would see Daehyun along my way to school. I was a little disappointed though I know it’s not his fault. I only have myself to blame. Why read those unrealistic love stories on the internet? I don’t even know where Daehyun lives. What if he lived really far from me? It would be impractical to have him walk with me to school right? Sigh… You’re crazy Eunyoung.

I reached school and headed to class, hoping to share my breakfast with Daehyun but he wasn’t in school yet. I found myself staring at the door waiting for him to appear and walk through it. Yup, you’re really crazy.

 

Even when class had started, he was nowhere to be seen. Did he oversleep? Is he coming? What if he suddenly feel that everything was too fast for him and he didn’t want any of this in school? Get those negative thoughts out of your head! It’s not even the first time he didn’t appear.

 

When it was break, I headed down with the breakfast that I’ve packed. I ate slowly, still waiting for Daehyun to come. Should I text him? Nah, he might find me annoying.

 

I ate till I didn’t feel like eating and got up from the bench that Daehyun usually sits at, planning to head back to class.

 

While I was walking back to class, someone appeared beside me.

 

“Daehyun! Hi!” I lit up instantly.

 

“Hey. Heading back to class?” He asked. I caught him frowning to himself.

 

“Yeah. Have you eaten? I saved my breakfast for you! Do you want to eat?” I asked. I could tell we were awkward with each other but I’m sure it’ll pass soon.

 

“Have you eaten?” He asked. I nodded.

 

“Okay. Thank you.” He replied and we made a detour to the cafeteria.

 

“I took my Dad’s share.” I gave him a grin.

 

“What? Then your Dad has none?” He asked.

 

“My mom will just make more for him. It’s fine. Eat up! My way of thanking you for yesterday.” I pushed the container back to him, urging him to eat them.

 

“Oh okay.” He said as he gobbled down. He seemed pretty hungry to me, oh well, at least he’s enjoying!

 

“About yesterday… I hope we could lie low, you know? Like keep it hidden. If that’s okay with you.”

 

“Huh? Oh… Yeah sure..” I replied halfheartedly. I wonder why he wants it hidden. I guess it’s way too early to disclose our relationship but it kinda disappointed me a little when those words came out from his mouth. But I’ll respect his decision. Afterall, who else could I tell?

 
 
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! Here's a little gift to my readers even though it's a lil short ><
Enjoy your Christmas!