Your Precious Lips

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Morning Darling." I heard Daddy saying. Daddy was the one waking me up? I smiled with my eyes still closed.

"Morning Daddy. " I replied.

"You have to be up for school. " He reminded me.

"Must I really go to school today?" I pouted.

"Yes. I'll give you a present when you come back from school later. " He bribed me.

"I will still get my present if I didn't go to school." I smiled.

"You can try. " He said as if daring me. I made a face at him.

"Up up!" He said as he pulled me up.

"Happy Birthday Youngie." Daddy wished me as he ruffled my hair.

"Thank you!" I brightened up.

"Go get ready and come down for your first part of your birthday gift! " Daddy said. How sly of him. He knew I love surprises. I got out of bed and then got ready for school.

“Happy Birthday darling!” Mommy said as she gave me a kiss on my cheek when I was done getting ready for school.

 

“Thank you!” I hugged her.

 

“Happy Birthday Dumb .” Oppa wished me when he saw me. I rolled my eyes. Can’t he be nice on my birthday?!
 

“Baekie don’t call her that!” Mommy came to my rescue. Oppa seemed to have selective hearing.

 

“I got this for you. You better get something nice for me too when it’s my birthday.” Oppa said as he handed me a wrapped gift. I opened it without thinking and was pleasantly surprised. He really got me the branded earphones that I hinted him to get them for me.

 

“Thank you oppa!” I said as I patted him or rather smacked him on his back.

 

“Yah you crazy girl!” I just smiled as though I didn’t do anything.

 

“I should be the one bashing you instead!” He attempted to scare me but I wasn’t afraid. He wouldn’t do that.

 

“I’ll give you your present later.” Mommy said. Did Mommy and Daddy planned this?!

 

“You both are so mean…” I said grumpily as I munched on my breakfast.

 

“Daddy you said you will give me my first part of my present.” I reminded him.

 

“Yeah. I’ll be sending you to school!” He flashed a smile.

 

“That’s it?” I asked.

 

“Be thankful!” He replied.

 

“Are you out to make me miserable on my birthday which only happens once a year?!” I was being dramatic.

 

“Be patient.” Daddy laughed.

 

We then got ready and went to school.



 

When I reached school, I was looking out for Daehyun. He had not wished me yet. Did he forget?

 

I entered class and did not see him anywhere. I’m not even surprised anymore. Daehyun was usually late for school.

 

I sat at my seat and read through some notes and suddenly, a shadow was casted over my notes. I looked up and beamed brightly. It was Daehyun!

 

“Oppa!” I called him loud enough for him to hear.

 

“Oppa? You want something from me?” He smirked.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to say something to me?” I looked at him hopefully, ignoring his question.

 

“Did you have a good sleep?” He asked, looking as though he was wondering what he was supposed to say.

 

“Yup! You?” I replied. Usually I would fill him up with random details but today I was disappointed with his question.

 

“Not really. I’m going back to sleep. Wake me up when it’s time for food.” Daehyun said as he flicked my ponytail.

 

“Wait! You really don’t remember?” I asked.

 

“What am I supposed to remember? I don’t like playing guessing games, just tell me what I forgot.” He said, suddenly sounding a little annoyed which startled me a little.

 

“It’s nothing. Enjoy your nap…” I mumbled.


 

After about almost three hours of lessons, we finally had a break.

 

“Happy Birthday Eunyoung. I got this for you.” One of the guys in my class wished me and handed me a wrapped gift just as I was about to go and wake Daehyun up.

 

“Thank you!” I smiled but my smile didn’t reach my ears. If only someone remembered.

 

“So how are you going to spend your day? He asked me.

 

“Probably dinner with my family as usual.” I replied.

 

“Oh. Hope you’ll enjoy my gift!” He said.

 

“It’s the thought that counts right? Thank you! I appreciate it!” I said.

 

I then heard someone cough. I turned and realised it was Daehyun. He was awake!

 

“Okay. let me know if you like them! I got them from Japan.” He smiled.

 

“I will! Talk to you later!” I replied as I tidied my desk a little before I heard a loud bang. It came from the direction of the cough. I turned to Daehyun again and realised his head was resting on a book.

 

“Daehyun, let’s go and eat.” I said as I tapped his shoulder lightly. He stood up and left. That was strange. We didn’t really walk separately for some time already so why was he doing it? I shrugged my shoulders and chased after him.

 

“What do you want to eat?” I asked him when I managed to walk side by side with him.

 

“Your call.” He said.

 

“Okay… Let’s order pork, chicken and beef and we share!” I suggested. He didn’t reply. Why do I feel like something is wrong? We have gotten more comfortable with each other and the least he would do was acknowledge my words.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked nervously.

 

“No.” He replied. I sighed inwardly…


 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I tried to act indifferent towards her today. I knew what day it was. She was giving me really obvious hints for the past week that she might as well just say it straight to my face. This silly girl. She’s fun to tease.

 

I took a nap and woke up when I heard Young’s voice. I looked up and saw something I didn’t like. That class nerd was talking to her. I coughed and cleared my throat loud enough for them to hear and Eunyoung turned and look at me. For some reason, that dumb nerd didn’t get the hint and continued to talk with her. What gift that he got for her that he had to emphasize that he had gotten it from Japan? Was he trying to show off his wealth? There’s nothing I hate more than rich nerds.

 

I didn’t know why I felt myself getting mad, I’m not even acting anymore. I subconsciously grabbed a page of my textbook and crumpled it and ended pulling that page out. I slammed my book shut and almost slammed my head against it when I decided to rest my head on it.

 

A few seconds later, Eunyoung tapped my shoulder. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before getting up.

 

I sat down and Eunyoung went to buy the said dishes. Thinking that she would have to carry too many things and I really shouldn’t go too far, I helped her with them. How is it that after treating her like she still smiles at me like nothing just happened? I don’t get her.

 

I was just stabbing my rice with my spoon before she placed some meat on my plate.

 

“Don’t just eat plain rice! I ordered so much is for us to share.” She said. I looked at her and softened.

 

“You eat too. Don’t worry about me.” I replied as I scooped some for her too. It wasn’t right showing ty attitude towards her when she didn’t do anything.

 

“You’re totally soft for me.” She grinned.

 

“Just eat your food.” I said. I did not just try to hide my smile.

 

“What are you doing today?” I asked between mouthfuls.

 

“Probably dinner with my family. Why? Do you have something planned for me?” She asked hopefully. It was funny how desperate she wanted me to know that it’s her birthday.

 

“What? No. Why would I plan something randomly?” I asked. Her disappointment was so evident on her face, I almost let out a snicker.

 

“Nevermind…” She said as she chewed on her food. Her appetite wasn’t as good. I could tell.

 

“Eat more. You were the one who ordered them.” I said as I dished more for her, not giving her any chance to argue with me. I didn’t want her appetite to be affected for something that was just for fun.

 

“I ordered for you too.” She said with full. Thank you.

 

“I didn’t ask you to.” I replied. It was kinda fun teasing her and she could do nothing about it but sulk.

 

“Why are you so mean to me…” She mumbled.

 

“You got to speak up. I didn’t catch you.” I pretended. I want to pinch her cheeks so badly for sulking.

 

“I didn’t say anything…” She replied.

 

“Are you free before dinner with your family? I asked her casually.

 

“Yup! Are you going to take me somewhere?!” She seemed excited again.

 

“Not really. Just hanging out at Hyung’s house.” I replied.

 

“Oh…” She replied, looking all sad again. I’m having too much fun with her not knowing anything.

 

“You’re coming with me right?” I asked. She nodded.

 

The rest of the time in school flew by with a certain girl being moody.



 

“What are we going to do at Himchan Oppa’s house?” She asked.

 

“Why do you call Hyung Oppa so easily but you call me Oppa only when you need or want something from me?” I asked, ignoring her question.

 

“Because you’re a meanie.” She said and folded her arms with a permanent frown on her face. She didn’t even want to hold hands with me. This girl is such a kid sometimes.

 

“Stop frowning or you’ll get wrinkles and get ugly.” I said. I was just talking nonsense. I unfold her arms and held hands with her. I knew she wouldn’t struggle out of my grip.

 

“Then you cannot run from me when I get ugly. I’ll make you ugly too.” She sounded like she was high when she joined in the teasing.

 

When we reached Hyung’s place, she grew hopeful again.

 

“Do you need me to close my eyes?” She asked. This birthday girl sure is thick-skinned.

 

“Why? You want to trip on my things? No wait, maybe you should. Hyung has his boxers all over the place.” I said.

 

“Eww Daehyun!” She exclaimed. She almost slapped me playfully but held back. I just laughed.

 

“You lied.” She said with a look when we entered hyung’s place.

 

“Of course I’m lying. Why would I invite you over when there’s underwear lying around? Or would you rather have them lying around?” I teased as I touched her nose lightly. I prefered these little touches rather than doing too much or getting too touchy with her. I’m just not used to it and I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable.

 

"DAEHYUN! Of course not!" She frowned.

 

“Sit and do your work or sleep.” I laughed as I headed to the kitchen.

 

“Why? What are you going to do?” She asked as she plopped herself down on the couch. I didn’t reply. I was actually feeling nervous. I have never done anything like this before. What if she doesn’t like any of this? What if whatever I prepared was insignificant? It’s probably going to be insignificant anyway. She definitely had loads of better gifts. Aish, here goes nothing.

 

“Daehyun?” She called out.

 

“Happy Birthday Young.” I said as I appeared in front of her with a red rose for her and a slice of ice cream cake for her.

 

“Oh my! I thought you didn’t know or forgot! I was feeling so sad and all and then you were suddenly being cold towards me for no reason I got scared! I thought I did something wrong!” She cried. What?! Why is she crying?! I placed the cake on the table.

 

“Yah~ Don’t cry. Why are you crying? It’s meant to be a surprise. Okay, maybe I took it too far. I’m sorry.” I said as I hesitantly wiped her tears. Was I really that harsh on her? Probably, judging from the fact that she was always loved.

 

“I’m happy you remembered. Thank you!” She beamed happily, her smile stretching from ear to ear even though her face was covered in tears as she hugged me.

 

“Are you not going to take the rose?” I asked.

 

“Of course I’m taking it! It’s your first flower and first birthday gift to me!” She snatched it from my hand.

 

“I know it’s just a flower, it’s nothing compared to what you’ve been receiving…” I looked down, feeling inferior.

 

“What nonsense! You’re the first person who’s ever given me flowers. I received the first stalk from you! It’s the thought that counts and I really appreciate that you go through the effort to find the cake and flower.” How can her words always make me feel better?

 

“I’m glad you like it. Now throw that nerd’s gift away.” I told her with a straight face.

 

“Where’s my birthday kiss?” Did I hear correctly? Did she just directly ask for a kiss? Why am I shocked? She could be real bold at random times.

 

“Your lips is precious.” I replied, suddenly feeling shy.

 

“What? Then nooo… He said it’s from Japan. I better open it.” She said as she took the gift out from her bag and unwrapped it.

 

“WHOO! CHOCOLATES!” She said excitedly.

 

“You cannot eat that. Why do you sound happier receiving chocolates?! I’m taking my rose and cake back.” I said.

 

“YOU CAN’T TAKE BACK WHAT YOU’VE GIVEN ME! IT’S MINE!” She shouted which scared me a little. Crazy girl.

 

“I said you can’t eat that!” I tried taking the box of chocolates from her and ended tickling her. Honestly, I didn’t know why I tickled her. She was screaming her head off.

 

“STOPPPP!!! OKAY OKAY! I WON’T EAT IT! Maybe just one.” She took one piece out.

 

“NO! YOU CAN ONLY EAT THE CAKE I GOT FOR YOU!” I shouted back.

 

“I’M COOKING FOR YOU! YOU CAN’T EAT ANYTHING BEFORE THAT!” I just exposed my own surprise…

 

“YOU’RE COOKING FOR ME? Okay.” She agreed immediately with a bright smile.

 

“The box better not be missing a piece when I’m done.” I grumbled.

 

“No guarantee.” She replied.

 

“Do I have to remind you what just happened again?” I raised my eyebrows.

 

“What just happened? All I remembered was someone not giving me a kiss.” She answered. Wow. How did I ended up with someone who is an opposite of me?

 

“I said it already, your lips are precious. I can’t just kiss you like that.” I repeated as I walked towards her with my arms out.

 

“OKAY! I’LL NOT EAT IT. TAKE IT TAKE IT! AND THE KISS CAN BE ON MY CHEEK!” She lost the tickling match.

 

“You should have given up earlier.” I smiled and dusted my hands as I took the box of chocolates away from her.

 

I went to the kitchen with her feeling grumpy again. When I walked past the trash bin, I held the box above it. I really wanted to throw it away. I didn’t know why am I being like this. Don’t do it Daehyun or she will really be mad. It’s her birthday, don’t screw the day for her. I ended up leaving the box on the table and started preparing her birthday meal.

 

“Daehyun, can I help? I’m bored.” She came in after awhile.

 

“No. Go sit, watch tv or something.” I replied while I was preparing soup.

 

“I’M BORED!!!” She ignored whatever I just said and came towards me.

 

“Can I try?” She asked. I held the ladle out for her.

 

“Wow… I’m always in awe at your skills.” She said as she took a few more sips. I scooped a bowl full for her instead.

 

“Maybe you can teach me how to cook!” She suggested.

 

“Your mom is a cook too.” I replied.

 

“Yeah but you can teach me.” She said.

 

“I’ll have to charge you for school fees.” I teased. I would cook for her anytime though.

 

“Meanie.” She pouted. I could only shake my head at her cuteness.

 

“Young-” I called her but stopped myself from continuing when I found her asleep. I soften at her sleeping state. How I wish I could sleep as peacefully as her…

 

“Young, we can eat now.” I gently woke her up.

 

“Oops! Sorry I fell asleep. I’ll help you set the table!” She was back to her cheerful self again and went to take the cutlery.

 

“Wow!! This is a FEAST, DAEHYUN!” I’m so lucky I have a boyfriend who can cook me yummy things! Thank you!” She said as she started eating.

 

“Why are you staring at me?” She asked.

 

“I’m not.” I lied. She shrugged her shoulders and continued to eat. Why did she suddenly request for a kiss? Now all I think about are those pink lips of hers, how would her lips feel on mine. EAT, DAEHYUN! STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!

 

After we ate, we rested awhile together just watching random programs on tv.

 

“I love you.” She suddenly blurted out and let out a breath that she was probably holding. I was stunned for a second. It was the first time she said it out. I just stared at her and had a small smile on my face. Good job Daehyun, how smooth. Not.

 

How is she able to express herself so freely while here I am having so much difficulty?

 

“I need to leave soon. My mom will probably call. I was wondering if it’s alright with you if I ask her to fetch me from here? No no, nevermind. Maybe a few streets away. Will you be fine with it?” She asked. She always tried to have me meet her parents but the actual fact was she would always spare a thought for me and consider my feelings. I nodded.

 

“I’ll walk you there.” I told her. She smiled.

 

“I’m leaving soon. Are you really not giving this birthday girl her wish?” She looked at me with puppy eyes. I lightly pushed her face away teasingly.

 

“Fine, be that way.” She folded her arms.

 

“Come, let’s go. They’ll be here soon.” I said as I helped her take her bag.

 

She was wearing her shoes when she said something.

 

“You know, I can walk by my-” She didn’t complete her sentence because I pluck up my courage to finally kiss her precious lips. She stared at me with her eyes wide open and I closed them as I glide my fingers down her lids. It wasn’t any fantastic or complicated tongue tying kiss but to me it felt really nice with our lips touching each other.

 

“You-You really kissed me…” She said, still recovering from shock as her fingers grazed her lips.

 

“It was the birthday girl’s wish right?” I poked her cheek lightly.

 

“Really? I don’t remember asking for that. Don’t worry. I know that you wanted to do it. I won’t tell anyone.” She giggled. This girl is really crazy. I guess I found my happy drug.

 

And the chocolate from Japan was long forgotten.

 


 

“Are you going to keep staring at the rose?” I asked as I walked hand in hand with her to the bus stop that her parents were fetching her at.

 

“Mmhmm!” She nodded, smiling really widely.

 

We talked till we reached that bus stop.

 

“Happy birthday again babe. Enjoy the rest of the night with your family.” I said as I messed her hair. She did not reply me.

 

“Young?” I called her. She then broke out of her thoughts and looked at me.

 

“You sure you don’t want to eat dinner with us?” She asked with a hopeful look on her face.

 

“Sorry. I’m not ready yet. Another time.” I replied, giving an apologetic look.

 

“Okay! Head home safe alright?” Her smile slipped a little but she pretended she was fine. I’m sorry...


 

 

I didn't intend for this chapter to be this long but I was just blabbering. I hope you enjoyed this! and yes, they finally kissed! :) I love  reading your comments and how you feel about my stories. Thank you!