This Is It

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

"Thank you but I would like to be alone." I said to Jaehyun after calming down. Everything happened too fast. I need time to digest. While I'm thankful he came towards me and comforted after Daehyun left, I just want to be alone for now.

"You sure you're okay? I can keep you company if you want. It must be hard." He said. 

"I'm okay." I replied. I didn't want to say too much. 

"Alright. Call me if you need a listening ear." He said. I nodded and thank him again as I made my way home. 

This is it... No more conversations, no more dates, no more random spontaneous outings, no more everything with him. My life suddenly feels so empty now. What am I going to do?

When I think back to the things we did together, it makes me feel that maybe the both of us had different views of the relationship. Most of the time I would be the one making plans for the both of us, which I'm actually fine with it but he showed signs long ago, I must be too dumb to not notice it. 

When I got home, Mommy and Daddy were both home.

"Hi Youngie! Have you eaten?" Mommy said. It seemed like a lazy day for them. Mommy was feeding Daddy while he just sat there, arms around her waist, chewing lazily as his chin rested on her shoulders. 

"Hi Youngie! How's my girl?" Daddy said after swallowing his food.

"Hi Mommy Daddy. I'm not hungry. I'm a little sleepy. I'll head to my room first." I replied as I went to my room. I changed out and laid in bed, not wanting to do anything else. 

I hit my head with my palm, feeling stupid. Why did I sound so pathetic just now? Did I really just plead for him not to leave? I'm such an embarrassment. Why did I do it?! 

He's tired of me. I guess it must be difficult to deal with me then. I must be really burdensome for him to feel that way. It's probably my fault that all these ended. I should have been a better girlfriend and not be so clingy towards him. After all he wasn't used to it.

I the aircon and buried myself under my blanket, wanted to just hide away and jusf sleep. 

 

"Darling, dinner is ready. Come and eat." Before I knew it, Daddy came in my room and woke me up.

"I'm not hungry, you guys go ahead. Don't worry about me." I said as i covered my face with the blanket. 

"Youngie are you okay? Are you sick?" Daddy asked as he removed the blanket from my face to feel my forehead. 

"You're not running a fever... Why are you not hungry? You didn't eat before you sleep too." Daddy wondered. 

"I don't have appetite. I'll eat later when I'm feeling hungry." I said. 

"Okay. We'll leave food for you." Daddy said. I smiled a little. Though we always snatched and argued who gets to eat what and sometimes we had to be fast or we wouldn't get what we want but at times like this, no matter what they say, they would eventually leave my favourites for me. 

I laid in bed for a while longer before looking through my phone, secretly hoping that Daehyun would text saying it was a joke or something but no such luck. Instead, I saw messages from Jaehyun.

'Are you okay?'

'Let me know if you need to talk.'

'Eunyoung? Call me.' 

I also received a missed call from him. I didn't feel like talking so I ignored everything. 

"Youngie? I'm coming in." I heard a knock and Mommy's voice.

"What happened? We're worried about you." Mommy patted me as she sat beside me.

"Mommy, do you ever get tired of Daddy?" I asked after hesitating.

 "What's wrong? Why are you suddenly asking me stuff like that? Did Daddy say something to upset you?" Mommy asked, feeling concerned. I shook my head. 

"It's nothing. Don't worry. I want to eat now." I gave a small smile. I wasn't sure if I was ready to break the news to them. 

"Are you sure?" Mommy asked, not convinced. I nodded.

"Alright. Let's go." She smiled and headed out. 

I ate even though I really didn't have the mood or appetite to. Oppa came back and ate with me. Mommy was signalling to Oppa behind me probably about my mood but I pretended I didn't know what was going on.

It was those rare moments when Oppa would take food for me. 

After dinner, I went back to my room and finally started on my homework. I was actually glad that it served as a form of distraction. After awhile, Oppa came in.

"You didn't knock." I gave him a look.

"Okay spill. What happened to you?" He totally disregarded what I just said.

"What what happened to me? I'm doing my homework. I should be the one asking you that."

"Don't act dumb Youngie and don't take me as a fool. It must have something to do with that boyfriend of yours." He said. I froze in my spot. How?! 

"I'm right aren't I?" He added. Does he have secret powers or something?! 

"How did you know?" I muttered under my breath. 

"It doesn't take a genius to know why you're upset." He said like it was a fact. 

"You guys fought? Is that why he hasn't been home?" He guessed. So his powers are limited after all. I didn't know how to reply so I just said nothing.

"Why don't you say anything? Don't tell me you broke up with him." He said carelessly. I SWEAR HE HAS POWERS. I looked at him.

", I'm right again?!" He said.

"You're only half right, I didn't initiate it, he did." I mumbled. Why am I feeling embarrassed about it? 

"WAIT WHAT?!" Oppa eyes seemed like they were going to fall out of his sockets. 

"Now you know. Can you leave me alone?" I asked.

"No. I need details. It's too sudden!" I think he was still in shock about everything. 

"I wished i knew the details too. He just said he was tired. Probably tired of me." Oppa better have super ears because even I have trouble hearing myself.

"What the hell that piece of ." Were his next words. I frowned at him. 

"What? How can he do that to you?" He asked. I shrugged sadly because I didn't know anything...

 

Days passed and I was still missing him but I tried not to let it affect me too much. Mommy and Daddy found out about the breakup too. Mommy comforted me but Daddy wasn't too happy with Daehyun. He was saying mean stuff about Daehyun and Mommy had to hush him.

Then, I came home only to find out that Daehyun has already packed his stuff. I should have known that all good things will eventually come to an end... He even left the stuff toy that was supposed to represent me here...

 

Daehyun's POV

"How did it go?" Hyerin asked when I saw her.

"I really did it." I said, eyes blank. 

"Really? That's great!" She replied.

"I broke up with her." I revealed. 

"Wait what?! Didn't the flowers work or whatever you planned worked? Why would you break up with her? Was she still suspecting you because of me? I can explain to her." She blabbered. 

"I don't think it has anything to do with you. She didn't mention. I didn't give her the flower. How could I when her arms were already filled with prettier stuff from other guys?" I expained.

She cheated on you?" Hyerin asked.

"No! She said she was just being nice. She would throw them away." I said, somehow feeling offended at the thought of Young cheating on me. But Hyerin's words just gave me an idea.

"You should have given her your gift then. If she really loves you, your gift would be the one that she would care for the most." She said.

"It doesn't matter now. She can have a better life without me hindering her." I didn't want to continue this topic and feel even more pathetic. I'm the one that chose this route, no one told me it would hurt this bad... 

 

I went back to Young's place to pack my stuff a few days later. 

"Oh, Daehyun? Youngie is still in school." I knocked on the door and her mom greeted me. 

"Hello auntie. I know. I came to take my stuff." I greeted her and bowed a little. I didn't want to bump into Young so I decided to come when I know she wouldn't be around.

"Oh sorry. It slipped my mind. Come on in." Her mom said. I shook my head, not minding that she forgot about it. I want to forget about it too...

"Sorry for not informing you earlier that I'll be dropping by. I'll be quick. Don't mind me." I said as I headed to the room which I once stayed. It's funny how we could go from present tense to past tense in a matter of days.

"Take your time." She smiled. Her mom sure is nice. She didn't start blaming me for whatever that had happened. Maybe Young is handling this better than I thought.

I headed to the room and started packing. Previously when I packed, it was much easier not because I had Young around to help me pack but rather, there was no emotion attached to that place and I had lesser stuff. Young had given me a lot of things in a span of a few months. If she sees something that she thinks I would like or reminded her of me, she would get them. Sometimes she got them because she needed an excuse to buy it because it was actually something she wants. Her gifts ranges from clothes to stuffed toys to random things like notebooks and band aids that were too cute for me.

While I was packing, I heard the door open. 

"Look who decided to come back." Baekhyun said. He approached me and held my collar. I maintained my cool. 

"Why did you break up with my sister? She said you're tired of her. Is that true?!" His grip got tighter. She said that? I said I was tired. I didn't say that I was tired of her... I don't want her to be blaming herself. 

"I found someone else." I said and before I got time to react, a fist came flying towards my jaw. I didn't want to blame her so I could only think of this to say which I didn't know if she would think that it's her fault that I found someone else.

"It has nothing to do with her. I cheated." I said. Nothing matters anymore as long as she doesn't blame herself. 

"You ! After all she's given and done for you... You're a bastard!" He scolded and pushed me away roughly. 

"Are you done? She did everything on her own accord but blame me if you want. I don't care." I said as I quickly stuffed everything into the luggage bag. 

"Don't let me see you again. Get out of here asap." He said and left. Her brother was actually letting me off easily. 

I had to be quick because I was afraid that Young would appear anytime. 

"Have you taken all your stuff?" Her mom asked.

"Yes. Thank you Auntie for everything." I said.

"Mommy! Why are you still talking to him like he did nothing wrong?!" Baekhyun appeared. He could say whatever he wants. I don't mind being the bad guy if Young will hurt a little less and get over it quicker.

"Baekie don't be rude." His mom chided but he was too angry to listen. Young really has a protective family. Something I would never be able to do. I hope they'll always protect her.

"Get out." Baekhyun glared at me as he pointed to the door. 

"Take care of her. Don't let her get too close to that guy, Jaehyun." I said for Baekhyun to hear. I'll be fine somehow with her being with anyone else except him. I hope I'll really be fine... 

"You have no right to interfere now. She can do what she wants. Remember. It was you who hurt her. Don't tell me how to take care of her because obviously you did a bad job." He poked my chest roughly. If it was someone else, I would probably kick him but because he's Young's brother and he only stated the truth, I can't do anything but to accept his words. 

 

Slightly more frequent updates because I'm avoiding reality hahaha. :(