Sundate

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

This was one of those Sundays that I had to set an alarm to wake up. I usually slept in on Sundays. It wasn’t that we were meeting early. I’m just afraid I would oversleep because I was too excited to fall asleep the day before and only slept a few hours. Even till now, it feels like a dream being in a relationship with Daehyun. There are other girls that like him too and I’m sure he receives countless love confessions. I guess I’m the lucky one.

 

I headed to the bathroom to wash up and then I wore my favourite peach coloured dress which I ironed the day before. I had no idea how long did I stand in front of my mirror. I needed to look presentable. It’s our first date after all! I wondered how should I set my hair and finally decided to let them down after tying it up and trying out with braids.

 

‘Morning! I’m almost ready.’ I texted Daehyun.

 

‘Morning. Me too. See you later.’ He replied a few minutes later. I can’t wait! Is it normal to be this excited for a first date?

 

“Morning Mommy!” I greeted when I headed down. She was doing some chores. I don’t know why she works so hard at home. Daddy always urge her to get someone to help her out but she always refuses. She claimed that she wants us to feel welcome and comfortable at home but sometimes I feel she should relax a little because she’s always doing things for us.

 

“Wow, morning sweetie. You’re up early. Where are you going dressed so prettily?” Mommy asked.

 

“Just out. Maybe to the movies or some cafe hopping? We haven’t decided yet.” I said as I spun one round, showing off my look.

 

“You’re going with?” She asked.

 

“A friend.” I tried not to show my excitement. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to tell her but everything was still premature.

 

“Okay have fun. Don’t come back too late!” She said.

 

“Okay bye!” I said as I headed out.

 

I walked to where we were supposed to meet and checked the time, I was 10 minutes early. I took out my compact mirror and tidied my hair a little and made sure there wasn’t anything on my face and kept it. To my surprise, I saw Daehyun ahead of me, leaning against a lamp post with one foot resting against the lamp post. I have to admit, he looked good without even trying. He was wearing a plain white tee and denim jeans. Simple but he looked like a model. How did I not see him before?

 

At that very moment, he turned his head and our eyes met. He straighten up and walked towards me.

 

“Hi! Did you wait long?” I asked as I met him halfway.

 

“No. I just reached too. Where are we going?” He asked. I wondered why he didn’t make any plans when he was the one who asked me out…

 

“Shall we catch a movie?” I asked. I figured that maybe a movie would act like an ice breaker. We didn’t need to talk much. I think Daehyun would like that.

 

“Sure.” He replied and we started walking towards the direction of the cinema, side by side, just looking around and not exchanging any words.

 

I must admit, it was a little awkward but I hope it’ll get better as the day pass.

 

When we got to the cinema, Daehyun was fine with any movies and asked me what I would like to watch and then he got the tickets. We both agreed on comedy since it might help us lighten the mood and not make the both of us awkward. I hope. Since he got the tickets, I think it’s only right if I got the snacks. I got a small combo because I wanted to still have space for food later. I ordered a drink for each of us.

 

When we got into the cinema, I accidentally tripped on someone’s foot while walking towards my seat. Why am I so clumsy? Luckily, Daehyun caught hold of my elbow which prevented me from falling face flat. I think this is the closest we’ve got since we knew each other. I believe my cheeks were a light shade of pink. Two hours of sitting side by side, I could get used to this. When the movie started, we shared the popcorn enjoyed the movie.

 

I was drinking my drink while watching the movie only to realise that the drink I was drinking wasn’t mine!

 

“Sorry! I drank your drink! I didn’t mean to!” I whispered. Daehyun looked at me, said nothing and then handed me mine. I awkwardly passed him his. I don’t even know if he was uncomfortable with it. Our date has barely started and I’m feeling like a fool already…

 

I thought I would be feeling cold in my dress but surprisingly, I was not. I guess I was like a fangirl sitting beside him, I didn’t feel cold at all.

 

We didn’t talk anymore until the movie ended.

 

“Did you enjoy the show?” I asked. Daehyun nodded. I waited for him to say something but he didn’t.

 

“Me too!” I smiled as I started discussing the movie with him. I was a little relieved that we had chosen the right movie to watch. After awhile, I realised I was blabbering again, I kept quiet before he could find me too annoying. Daehyun probably wouldn’t want a noisy date.

 

Note to self: Stop blabbering!

 

I wanted to bring him to Daddy’s restaurant but I don’t think he would like it because of the whole lie low relationship thingy.

 

“Are you hungry? Wanna grab something?” I asked. I seem to be the one leading the conversations.

 

“Yeah. Do you have anything in mind?” He asked. I really appreciate the fact that he has the tendency to ask me for my opinions but sometimes I wish he would make decisions based on his likings. Till now, I always have to guess what he likes by seeing his very subtle reactions to whatever I brought for him from home.

 

“I’m fine with anything too. I’m not a fussy eater.” I smiled.

 

“Me too.” He said. I guess I’m gonna be the one making decisions again?

 

“How about chicken?” I asked while we were walking aimlessly along the streets.

 

“Chicken is fine. I know somewhere which sells good chicken.” He said and took the lead. I followed beside him.

 

I made small talk with him and we talked about our favourite chicken flavours, parts of the chicken that we enjoyed eating. I could tell he was opening up a little. I guess he must like food a lot.

 

Not long later, we reached. Luckily it was not during the peak hours because the shop wasn’t really crowded.

 

The waiter came and we ordered a set to share because I wasn’t sure if I could finish them.

 

When the plate of chicken came, I realised that there isn’t any way to eat chicken without looking like you’ve not eaten for days. How unglam. I waited for Daehyun to start eating before eating. I come to realise how much I like watching him eat so heartily. I think he would even make vegetables look like they tasted like candies.

 

“What?” Daehyun asked. Shoot. I was caught staring at him and he looked kind of intimidating.

 

“Nothing!” I squeaked before giving my chicken my attention.

 

Daehyun is a surprisingly big eater. After a few pieces I was already feeling bloated.

 

“Ahh I’m full already.” I said to him. He wordlessly handed me some tissues and then continued to eat. Not long after, he managed to clear the entire plate! After that we called for the bill. I talked him into splitting the bill. I don’t want to feel bad.

 

We then window shopped around the district hoping it will help with our digestion.


Seeing couple on the streets made me slightly envious. They were all walking like they were stuck to each other but me and Daehyun? We walked like we were strangers. Even after almost half a day had passed, Daehyun wasn’t talking much. Am I doing something wrong? Is he not enjoying today? I can’t help having such negative thoughts...

 

Happy New Year! May 2016 be an awesome year for all of you :)