What?

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung’s POV

 

As I rested on my bed, thoughts about the date came to my mind. How can the best day and the worst day of my life fall on the same day?! It was our first date! Our first time making effort to hang out just us two but yet everything felt so out of place even though I liked how it was just the two of us. I’m thankful that he even asked me out on a date but it feels like I don’t know, forced? What if everything was just my wishful thinking? He didn’t really say that he liked me. Everything was just my assumption and I didn’t really gave him a choice. What if after today he realises that it’s really not possible between us? I’m sure judging from his behaviour, I believe he didn’t really enjoy himself today. Do people have disaster first dates? Thinking about this made me sad. Before I knew it, tears were rolling down my face.

 

I held onto my phone, hoping that he would text me but none came. Should I just check if he’s home safe? What if I’m disturbing him?

 

Maybe I shouldn’t be selfish anymore. I had my time with him and maybe it would be better for him if we just remained as friends...

 

I tossed and turned in bed, unable to sleep because I was feeling uneasy. Wait, it’ll just be a text right?

 

‘Got home safe?’ I eventually sent the text.

 

‘Yes. You?’ His reply came promptly.

 

“I’m home too.’ I informed him.

 

‘It’s late, I’ll see you tomorrow? Goodnight.’ He typed.

 

‘See ya! Goodnight!” I replied. Just like that, our conversation ended. At least I know he’s home safe right? That’s all that mattered.



 

The next morning, it was raining. Even though I love slight drizzles, the weather felt too gloomy for my liking. I guess it’s the perfect weather to bring that topic up right?

 

When I reached the classroom, Daehyun haven’t arrived yet. I just kept myself occupied by reading. I couldn’t help but steal glances at the door, thinking when was Daehyun going to show up. Is it weird that I missed him already?

 

“Follow me.” I got a little shock when that voice muttered. Was I too engrossed with the book that I didn’t notice Daehyun come in? Daehyun didn’t wait for me and headed out first. Did he need to be that obvious? I pouted slightly.

 

I followed him out to a quieter corridor. Did he have something to say as well? Now is probably the best chance to let go right even though I was really reluctant. Don’t be selfish Eunyoung!

 

“I-” We both started and then stopped when we realised that we both had things to say.

 

“You first.” Daehyun said.

 

“You want us to go our separate ways right?” I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, trying to not let too much feelings show. I could already hear my heart breaking when I uttered those words.



 

Daehyun’s POV

 

I didn’t head home like what I told Eunyoung. I changed my mind and went to Hyung’s house instead.  I wasn’t really in a good mood because she didn’t seem like she was in a good mood and it has somehow affected me as well. I didn’t want to go home if it meant that my mood will get worse.

 

“You must love me a lot huh?” Hyung gave me that stupid grin when I walked through the door. I ignored him and headed straight for the couch and lied face down. I wasn’t really in the mood for all these.

 

“Wow. What happened?” He asked.

 

“Oh yeah! Someone’s got a date today. How did it go?” Hyung replied himself and added another question.

 

“I don’t know.” I mumbled.

 

“How can you not know? What did the both of you do?” He asked.

 

“Movies, had food and then window shopped. Typical date.” I replied, face no longer buried in the couch.

 

“Uh-huh… Carry on.” He urged me to continue talking and not just stop halfway.

 

“Starting it was awkward but I think it got a little better and then she became quiet and I don’t even know why!” I sighed.

 

“Were you nice to her?” He asked.

 

“Yes!... Maybe not… I… I’m not a good person. I don’t do nice.” I replied.

 

“Yeah right. Not nice. If you didn’t even want to go out with her, no one can force you to. Stop being so stupid!” Hyung pushed my legs away and sat on the couch.

 

“So what did you do?” He asked.

 

“Nothing much?” I replied. I really didn’t do anything much and I think after witnessing his reaction, I shouldn’t even tell him I tried to be mean towards her. Then, Eunyoung’s text saved me. I told her I was home. My first lie to her?

 

“What?! You just ended the conversation when it’ll be perfect to continue chatting with her?!” He startled me. He was reading my conversation with her.

 

“Yeah. I would see her tomorrow anyway. I can talk to her then. I think she’s tired too.” I said.

 

“Oh my gosh. You really are dense. I think you need some Dating 101.” He facepalmed himself.

 

“I don’t want to bed her!” I said. I have a feeling Hyung’s tips are not for the faint-hearted.

 

“YAH! I DON’T DO THAT TOO! I DIDN’T MEAN HAVE WITH HER ON THE FIRST DATE AISH!” He shouted and took a pillow and whacked me lightly. It was okay because I know he would never hurt me on purpose.


 

The next day on the way to school, Hyung’s words came into my mind. Am I really that stupid? But I thought she wasn’t feeling well that’s why I didn’t want to disturb her. Maybe I should get something for her? So much for trying to be mean towards her. I should just give up that stupid plan. It’s obviously not working and It’s not  doing me any good.

 

When I entered the class, there were quite a number of people in class already. I didn’t want to create a commotion so I just told her to follow me out. I must have scared her a little when she jumped a little from her seat. She looked so engrossed in her book.

 

I led her to a quieter place because I didn’t want to attract any crowd.

 

“I-” We both started and then stopped when we realised that we both had things to say.

 

“You first.” I said.

 

“You want us to go our separate ways right?” Did I hear her correctly? Are we breaking up?! If a break up is what she wants, I’ll fulfill her wish...


 

Thank you for reading :)