New Feelings

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

I wasn’t sure why I asked Eunyoung to hang out. I just know that I don’t want to spend my day with them tomorrow. I feel so confused. As much as I was hoping that this could work out, I didn’t want to pin too high hopes too because who am I to enjoy my time with a girl like her? My feelings didn’t matter to me. It doesn’t really matter if I get hurt. We are worlds apart. I don’t even think anyone would approve of us.

 

I probably shouldn’t lead her on. It’s still early for her to change her mind while we’re just beginning.. I’ve decided. I’ll use this ‘date’ to show her the real me, the me that would definitely make her think twice about this relationshiparrow-10x10.png. I know it’s mean but I’m not exactly a nice person. I’ll just not put in too much effort. It’ll be killing two birds with one stone. Getting Eunyoung to see the real me and not having to spend time with those two at home. It’s better to hurt her now than to prolong the pain… She probably deserve someone so much better than me.

 

I was early because the earlier I left that place, the better. It definitely wasn’t because I was putting in effort to impress her or anything. Nope.

 

She came in a dress. She looked like a girl, a stunning girl, not like those girls who dressed too skimpily. Of course, I kept my comments to myself.

 

We then headed to the theatre. I was a little relieved that we were watching a movie. Time passes faster and we didn’t really need to talk or face each other. I guess I could do that even though I had to spend more.

 

Out of nowhere, Eunyoung tripped in front of me and I managed to hold onto her before she landed flat down. I was even amazed at my reaction time and that I even bothered to help her. I seldom do such stuff unless it was an elderly or something but I didn’t need her to feel embarrassed. I’m sure there’ll be more opportunities to show the real me.

 

As we were watching the movie, I can’t help but have thoughts in my head. How long has it been since I last watched a movie? I can’t even remember. I’m glad we chose a comedy because Eunyoung looked like she was enjoying herself. Her laughter was not as annoying as I thought previously. She was so engrossed with the show that she didn’t realise she was drinking the wrong drink. I could feel the atmosphere become slightly awkward after that. Oh well, it didn’t matter much to me anyway.

 

After the movie, Eunyoung asked me about my thoughts and as usual, I didn’t say much. I didn’t see the need to and it wasn’t really my style to elaborate. I had to show her my real self right? The one that doesn’t really care about such discussions. She would probably figure out how boring and uninteresting I am and then wouldn’t want to hang out with me.

 

As the both of us were feeling slightly hungry, she asked for my opinions on where we should go. I was slightly surprised because I assumed she would make all the decisions since i thought they would rather I follow them than having to follow my choice but I was wrong. She’s different from other girls. She actually listened and actually bothered asking about my thoughts.

 

She was really good in carrying conversations. She could talk so much, not running out of stuff to talk which I guessed it was a little nice of her so that it wouldn’t be too awkward? But I still wasn’t really used to it when she asks me questions about myself. People who bothered me usually just talk all about themselves, things that I’m not interested in and they didn’t even care whether am I interested to listen, they just yap away, wanting to tell me about them rather than trying to get to know me. It seemed like she wanted to know more about me but I just wasn’t ready to fully open myself up to her so I kept my replies short.

 

When the chicken came, I couldn’t help but dig in to yummy food. She then started eating as well. I kinda like how happy she looked while eating. It made me feel like my choice of food is acceptable for her and my suggestions were heard. At least she was genuinely not a fussy eater or only have rich taste buds.

 

Eating this meal was a little stressful because I was afraid I would not have enough money for the next few days but Eunyoung was nice enough to split the cost. Why did she have to be so nice. I think other girls wouldn’t like it if the guy didn’t pay on the first date. How am I supposed to carry out my plan when she’s not like the other girls? I need to remember I’m not a good personarrow-10x10.png. Be meaner towards her!


 

Then, we went window shopping. This girl was always giving me surprises. I didn’t know a rich girl like her would go shopping on budget streets. I always thought it was a must for her to shop at luxury brands but she looked contented looking at those cheaper stuff on the streets. I then noticed how quiet she was being and realised that despite how chatty she was, I actually liked listening to her talk. Why did I even find her annoying back then? Was she feeling unwell? Is she upset? Why are girls so difficult to read?

 

I didn’t want her to think I was being overly concerned for her so I didn’t ask anything. I tried my best to keep an eye on her just in case anything happens. That was weird. How could her mood change so quickly?

 

Seeing her touch random stuff on display like necklaces, earrings, headbands, stationery and some clothings made me slightly stressed. Was she hinting for me to buy them for her or she was just fine with seeing and not buying? I ended up doing nothing and buying nothing for her. I shouldn’t show too much of my feelings. That way, it would be easier for me to detach myself from her. However, I can’t help mentally taking notes of her likes and dislikes.

 

The silence between us was really deafening and I’m not sure if it was comfortable silence or just plain awkward. I didn’t talk as much as she didn’t talk. Is this even how a date should be like? It’s better if she didn’t enjoy herself right? At least she would know that it was a wrong move from the start. But why do I have this nagging feeling in me to at least make this date memorable for her? Why do I really want her to enjoy herself with me even though I know I don’t deserve her…

After awhile, her phone rang. This time, it was her dad who was checking up on her. I can’t help but wonder if the current cheerful Eunyoung was naughty and mischievious when she was younger that her parents had to keep tabs on her.

 

“Sorry. My dad is coming to fetch me home.” She said after she ended the call.

 

“I know what you might be thinking. Daddy’s girl right?” She gave a small smile though she had that insecure look. Did I hurt her unknowingly when I said that about her the previous time?

 

“No. It’s nice that your dad is fetching you.” I replied. I was actually a little envious. Why aren’t my parents like hers? They never called.

 

“Are you saying you can’t wait for me to go back?” She asked. I was shocked she would think like that.

 

“No no! I really don’t mean it like that! I mean-” I became flustered. So much for trying to be mean, I just offended her without even trying.

 

“Just kidding!” She said. Phew, I let out a sigh of relief.

 

“It’s just that… My brother got kidnapped when we were really young so ever since then, they made sure to check on us just to make sure we’re safe.” She muttered. Wow so rich kids also have their problems. On the other hand, I was a little shocked and touched at the same time when she told me something personal about her past. Give me some time Eunyoung, I hope I’ll open up to you one day… If you even want to go on another date with me after today.

 

I waited with her for her dad to come, this time in slightly more comfortable silence with occasional talks. She was talking about her small little warm family.

 

“My brother and I were kinda playful when we were younger. There was once we hid from our mom. She got so worried that she called my dad almost in tears. We didn’t know that she would be this worried so we were laughing while hiding. After awhile, just before my dad came back, we revealed ourselves. My mom got so relieved and ended hugging us but  when my dad got home, he was furious. We ended being punished. Thinking about it, I realised how dumb we both were. It happened after my bro got kidnapped, of course they would be worried and mad when we pulled something like that but those were the times. Oops, sorry. I’m blabbering again…” She recalled her little incident. After this, she kept her words short. I guess I’m boring her too much.

 

“My Dad’s here! Do you want a lift back?” She asked when I saw the car approaching. I stepped away from her almost on instinct. Parents probably wouldn’t like me. What’s more was that we were in a trial relationship. It was too soon to introduce myself.

 

“No thanks. Get home safe.” I told her. I wasn’t prepared for her to visit my neighbourhood.

 

While heading home, I was thinking about today. As much as I think how wrong the both of us are together, I enjoyed spending time with her even though nothing much was going on. I don’t even think we made any progress but I have not felt this comfortable with someone else other than hyung. Even if the starting was a little weird and there were some stressful moments, they seemed like a good kind of stress, the kind of stress that I wouldn’t mind having. I thought she would be like those rich snobs and it would be difficult to please her but she was actually pretty easy and down to earth. She on the other hand , didn’t look like she enjoyed herself...

 

I’m not even sure what to do now…



 

Confused Daehyun is confused. He feels like he doesn’t deserve her and he doesn’t want to harm her but subconsciously, he has feelings for her?

 

BAP just announced their world tour! I'm so excited!!