Time Together

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

I don't understand why Daehyun still puts in so much effort when I'm like this... He didn't need to but I'm really thankful that he chose to spend time with me. It's not easy not having a proper place to sleep and also he wouldn't possibly have sufficient rest sleeping in that position for long. I told him to stop what he was doing but he always ignored me. But if I was really honest with him, I don't want him to leave me alone. I feel guilty, I'm taking advantage of his kindness.

I didn't really spell it out to him about Jaehyun but I believe he sort of could guess what had happened. Does he really not mind and can accept it or it may not be that big of a deal to him? Even I can't accept what he had done to me...

 

"New chair?" Daehyun asked and sat on it when he entered my room. I just nodded.

"Why is it here and not near your desk?" Daehyun wondered aloud. I actually bought this one seater couch and placed it beside my bed because of Daehyun. I don't want him to keep sleeping on the floor. At least the couch is more comfortable, the back and leg rests are adjustable.

"Beause I like it here." I replied simply. 

"You're still reading?" Daehyun asked. I was sitting on my bed reading a random book. 

"Sleep." He said as he took the book away from me.

"Hey! I'm still reading it!" I replied.

"It's late. I need to wake up early tomorrow." He said as he switched off the lights and sat on the floor. I didn't argue with him.

"Sleep on the couch." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked. I wasn't sure if he was pretending or he really didn't catch what I was saying.

"Sleep here." I repeated and patted the arm rest of the couch. He got up, patted my bed a few times, finally grabbed a bolster and made himself comfortable on the couch.

"Wait, is this chair for me? You bought it for me right? Does your heart ache seeing me sleep on the floor?" He teased.

"You think too much. I bought it because it was pretty. Goodnight." I replied and faced the other side. He messed my hair before flicking them, covering my face. He then held my hand. I know it's his way of saying he's with me, that I'm not alone. He always holds my hand when he sleeps over.Thank you Daehyun.

 

 

Days and weeks passed just like that. There were days that Daehyun visits often and there were also days that he wasn't able to. I'm not being clingy. He must be busy too. I realised I have always been looking forward to him coming over. Even when he's busy, he would still either text or call me probably to check on me.

"Young, dress up. Let's go out." Daehyun called one day.

"Where are we going? I need to know what to wear." I asked.

"You'll find out later. Wear a pretty dress. I'll pick you up at six." He said. It's been such a long time since I went out like this. Usually even when we left home, it was all spontaneous outings, like to a cafe or just strolling around the neighbourhood. Why am I feeling excited? I secretly liked that he made the decisions.

 I ran up to my room and started digging my closet. Wait, calm down. It's just an outing. Snap out of it Youngie!

"What should I wear?" I wondered aloud. As I rummaged through my closet, I realised I wanted to dress to impress. I was putting way too much effort into it.

After picking a dress, I decided to put on some light make up. 

About half an hour later, there was a knock on my door. 

"Come in." I replied.

"Hey." Daehyun said. Daehyun is here?! It's only 5.30pm!

"You're early! I'm not ready." I said. He was wearing a brown checkered blazer, something different from his usual style and he looked charming.

"Take your time." He said as he stood behind me.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked when he didn't seem to be doing anything. He then held out a crystal snowflake necklace in front of me and helped me put it on and then he sat on my bed.

I was stunned for a moment before touching the necklace and admiring it through the mirror reflection.

"Thank you." I said and quickly rushed through my make up because I didn't want him to wait too long.

"I'm done! Let's go." I said as I faced him.

"You're wearing that?" He asked as he pointed to my dress. I nodded.

"I don't like it. It's ugly. Change to another one." He said. My heart sank at his hurtful words. How is he able to be so sweet at one moment and then say something so mean at the next?

"But I spent a lot of time deciding on this." I replied.

"But I don't like it and you're going out with me. Change." He said. I looked for another dress. 

"Is this not ugly already?" I grumpily asked as I showed him another. He shook his head, disapproving my choice.

"This?" I asked again. He seemed to have gotten annoyed and just proceeded to choose a dress.

"Wear this. I'll wait for you downstairs." He looked through my closet, passed me a pink flowy mid length one, a piece I didn't wear in a long time but it was one of my few favourite dresses.

"Let's go." He said when he saw me heading towards him.

"Why? Do you even want to have a say in which pair I'm supposed to wear?" I asked grumpily when I saw him looking at my shoe collection. He looked away when my hand reached for the pair of heels.

We bade mummy goodbye and left.

We took a cab to a hotel. During the ride, Daehyun had his eyes closed. Was he tired because he didn't have enough sleep? Or was he tired because he was too busy? I'm useless... Why can't I just fall asleep normally? 

I woke Daehyun up when we reached the hotel and headed towards the elevator. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as I tugged his arm. I was starting to panick. There was a restaurant at the ground floor, we didn't need to take the elevator...

"Upstairs. The view is better up there." Daehyun said. I hesitated. 

"There's a roof top restaurant. We're not eating there." He added and pointed to the ground floor restaurant. I finally felt relieved and followed him up. 

"Good evening Sir, did you make a reservation?" The staff asked.

"Yes, under Jung Daehyun." He replied.

"Table for two, this way please." The staff brought us to the table that had the best view of the city. 

"We'd like to have the steak medium well and the salmon. Two glasses of coke too. Thank you." Daehyun placed the order for the both of us. He looked at me, non-verbally asking if I was fine with what he ordered. I just nodded. He knew what I wanted. 

"You thought I was going to bring you to a room?" Daehyun asked while we were waiting for our food to arrive. 

"H-how would I know? You didn't tell me anything." I replied feeling slightly embarassed for thinking of him like that.

"Do you like this place?" He asked. I smiled brightly, nodding my head. It was a pleasant surprise. I didn't think Daehyun would bring me to such places. 

"How did you know about this restaurant?" I asked.

"Online." He said. I bit my lip, trying to stop myself from smiling too widely as I recalled how he researched about treating a girl.

"Yah. Stop smiling! Don't think I don't know what you're thinking." Daehyun frowned but ended up smiling too.

"Did you research about this too?" I cheekily asked as I held the necklace.

"Drink your water." He replied as he pushed my glass towards me to shut me up.

"Where are you going?" I asked when he stood up from his seat. He wordlessly came over to my side, took off his blazer and draped it over my shoulders. How sweet.

Then, the food came. We split both dishes into two portions and we both ate the steak and salmon.  I'm touched that he order both my favourites.

We ate and admired the view, took some pictures and just spent time together. I enjoyed this feeling a lot. Chilling with him was enough to make me feel comfortable.

Daehyun paid for the meal and we headed out. He must be doing well in the gang. I don't ask him much about gang related stuff because I don't want him to be unhappy. 

"Let's go out for a walk." Daehyun suggested. We strolled slowly, admired the night view and the peaceful surroundings.

Daehyun then held my hand while we were walking. I unknowingly tried to pull away. 

"You hold my hand when you sleep but you can't hold my hand now?" Daehyun released my palm from his grip.

"I..." I didn't know how to reply to that. 

"It's because you don't need me now." He replied. He nodded his head, as though saying that he should have known and walked away.

"Daehyun wait!" I called out and ran after him. Before I knew it, my heels gave way and I fell. I should have worn a newer pair.

"Oww." I groaned as tried standing up but my ankle hurts. 

"Get on." I heard a voice say when I was busy rubbing my ankle. He came back...

"Just let me rest awhile. I'll be able to walk." I replied, feeling bad.

"Stubborn." He grumbled. He seemed to be really good at ignoring my words because he placed my hands over his shoulders and carried me on his back.

"I didn't mean it just now. It's not my intention to make use of you. Really." I muttered, feeling guilty. It's just that... even though it's the same action, the intention behind them is totally different...

"I know. Everything was my own doing. I just didn't expect you to do that." He replied while he walked.

"Sorry." I apologized. He was obviously hurt by my actions.

Then, there was silence between us.

"Throw away those dresses you wore earlier." Daehyun started talking in a gentle tone. Huh? I would have probably gotten mad at him if it wasn't for his tone.

"I'm not him. You don't have to wear those skin tight or low cut dresses. I just want you to wear something you like and be comfortable in it. You don't even like wearing purple." He added when I didn't reply. He doesn't usually say such things. Is it because we're not facing each other so it makes it easier for him to say it? I nodded and tightened my arms around him. I misunderstood him earlier. Why didn't I see this difference between the both of them sooner?

"You don't need to bring me expensive restaurants too. You know I'm not that kind... I'm fine with cafes too. We don't even need to leave home." I voiced out too. What is up with the both of us? It's not like we just knew each other. We were both trying too hard to impress each other.

"I know. I just wanted to bring you here. But now that you mentioned, no more expensive restaurants then. No reason for you to wear pretty dresses next time." Daehyun teased.

"Hey!" I wiggled my legs, making it harder for him to carry me.

"Stop or I'll drop you!" He warned. I stopped.

It was finally comfortable silence.

"I'll get you a pair of shoes that you can wear with your dresses. I like you shorter beside me and you're too clumsy in heels." Daehyun said. After being around him, I sort of know the way he phrases his words. He doesn't want to come across like he cares too much but I know he doesn't want me to hurt myself. Thank you, Daehyun. Give me some time to get over what ever that has happened in the past.

 

We then headed to the hotel entrance to grab a cab and headed to my place.

When we alighted the cab, Daehyun scooped me into his arms, carrying me bridal style.

"My house is just a few steps away! I can walk on my own! What if my family sees us?" I asked as I patted his chest, wanting him to put me down. He ignored me again.

"Daehyun stop! They're gonna get mad if they know I injured myself!" I panicked. Daehyun finally stopped his tracks. 

He put me down and took off his shoes. I gave him a look.

"It's literally just a few steps away. I don't need them." I replied.

"You're not wearing?" He asked as if daring me. I shook my head.

"Alright! I'll wear them!" I replied when he was going to carry me probably over his shoulders like a sack of rice.

"Youngie, you're home." Daddy greeted. All three of them were watching tv together. Daehyun greeted them.

"Yup! I'll head back up first!" I said trying to avoid them.

"Pig. You're limping!" Oppa shouted. I wanted to punch him. Now they are going to make it a big deal.

"Youngie what happened? Why were you wearing Daehyun's shoes?" Mommy asked.

"Erm... The heel broke and I sprained my ankle just a little. It's really not a big deal! Daehyun insisted I wear them..." I replied.

"Why is it that you're always getting hurt when you're with him?" Daddy frowned. Oh no...

"Sorry Uncle. I'll take better care of her." Daehyun replied before I could say anything.

"It's not his fault! It was just an unfortunate accident! It's just a small sprain! I'll be better in a few days! I don't always get hurt!" I replied as I pulled Daehyun along with me to my room to avoid further confrontation. I know Daddy still has reservations about Daehyun. I just made it worse... I really shouldn't have worn that pair!

"Don't blame him. He takes care of her pretty well. He even made her wear his shoes." Mommy told Daddy.

"Why didn't you just let me explain?" I asked as Daehyun made me sit on the one seater couch. He just shrugged his shoulders. 

"Go take a shower. I need to be up early tomorrow." Daehyun said as he took my towel and threw it at me, covering my face. He then helped me up and supported me to the bathroom.

"Go home and sleep." I told him.

"Don't bother about me." He replied as he urged me to go in. I stopped him.

"No, really. You go home and sleep. You slept here for the past four days already. You'll sleep better at home." I explained. He gave me a look. I know he's tired...

"I want to try it on my own tonight. I'll sleep on the bed." I added.

"Are you sure?" He asked, sounding concerned. I nodded even though I was feeling scared.

"Besides, didn't you say I didn't wake up yesterday? It means I'm getting better!" I tried assuring him.

"You didn't wake up but you were still struggling in your sleep... And your ankle is also injured. Quick go and shower." He said. It was his way of ending the conversation. 

"Please? Let me try today. I really want to get over it. You want me to get well too right?" I asked.

"Are you very sure?" He asked, looking worried. I nodded vigorously.

"Fine. But you have to call me if you need me, don't keep it to yourself." He finally agreed.

"Thank you. You get some sleep too. Text me when you're home." I smiled.

"Take care of your ankle." He gave my nose a light flick before leaving.