Testing Her Feelings

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

I'm spending time with Young at Hyung's place. I wanted to chill with her at her place but she suggested going to hyung's place instead. I thought she wouldn't want to leave her home but it's probably because her parents would be around. After exposing that jerk, I really just want to spend more time with her. I want to be back in her life again. She must be feeling down, being harrassed and treated like she was less than human. I was actually surprised that she agreed to hang out with me. 

I finally understood how Young feels when we were together. She was always the one who initiates skinship. I didn't understand the need for it but now when we're not together, I want to touch her, not in the erted way of course. When we walk side by side, I want to hold her hands or have my arms around her, when she's scared, I want to hug her and protect her, when she talks and my eyes drift to her lips, I want to kiss her. What is wrong with me? I never had such thoughts before. Okay, now I feel like a ert. It's not like I've never done those things before. I used to do them because I knew Young would like me initiating skinship but now, I really want to hold her, I want her physically close to me. Young must have rubbed this skinship thing onto me... I miss her touch. 

"I'll get more drinks for you." I said as I stood up from the couch. It feels weird being alone with her but we are seated so far from each other. More than an arm's length apart! I can't believe I'm feeling frustrated from the lack of skinship and why do we feel so awkward with each other? She barely talks now. Did that bastard her cheerfulness out of her? Or is it my fault?

"Why do you want to meet? Are we not going to do anything else?" She muttered after awhile. 

Oh. I didn't think of that... All I knew was I just wanted to see her, to spend time with her. She usually was the one making the conversations, getting me to talk with her, not the other way round. I really hate how quiet and reserved she became. Was this how she felt in the past when I kept to myself? 

"Maybe I should head back." She added. I was a little confused. Why? Did she not want to hang out with me? I thought she still has feelings for me?

"No! Let's go shopping for food. You said you wanted me to teach you how to cook right? I shall be nice and teach you today!" Good thinking Daehyun! 

"Alright." She replied after some thought.

"Give me awhile. I'll go grab my things and we can leave." I said as I got up from the couch and went to get my wallet and phone.

"Let's go." I said as I subconsciously grabbed her palm to pull her up from the couch.

But as soon as she got up, she slid her palm out of mine. Her little actions made me question her feelings for me...

"Young, Is there any dish you want to learn?" I asked while we walked. How did she manage to stand the quietness in the past?

"Anything is fine. I'm not picky. Maybe we should choose a simple one first?" She replied.

"How about kimchi fried rice? It's quite easy, I don't think anything will go wrong." I suggested. She nodded her head. Then, I heard some noise. It was her stomach grumbling. I tried to hide my smile because she was embarrassed.

"Let's hurry up then!" I said as we increased our speed.

We went to the nearby mart and started looking for the ingredients required. I was secretly pleased that her taste in food didn't change and I got a little excited whenever we took the same thing. I was surprised she also took some of my favourites and I was smiling to myself. She remembers my likes...

We checked out and I carried the bags with both hands because we wouldn't be holding hands anyway. As usual, Young offered to help but it wasn't much and I was able to manage.

"Snack on this first." I handed her a pack of biscuits. If this was in the past, she would have fed me some too. Should I try my luck?

"Ah." I opened my mouth, hinting for her to put one in. She hesitated for awhile and then grabbed one of the bags from me and gave me her pack instead while she opened another one for herself. I'm guessing she probably thinks I'm hungry and one wouldn't be enough for me... 

When we got back to Hyung's house, we started preparing to cook. To be honest, all these were just an excuse for me to spend time with her and also, for me to confirm if she still likes me after all that has happened.

There weren't much talking, just short questions from her, asking me what's the next step while trying to boil rice.

"Help me wash the knife please." I asked while I prepared to slice the meat, wanting to demostrate and then have her try it. 

"Ow!" I cut my finger on purpose. I know it's a low move but I just want to see if she still cares.

"Oh my gosh!" She got a shock and ran out. I smiled because she came running back with a band aid.

"Why are you so careless!" She frowned as she held and rinsed the blood off my hand.

"I was distracted..." I said as I stared at her, probably too close for her comfort. I smiled again when I saw how worried and focused she was. It reminded me of the time when my nose had a cut and I was avoiding her help. Then, I immediately regretted staring at her because she let go of my hand and stepped back. 

"Here. You do it yourself." She said as she placed the band aid on the table. Damn it. I had to act like I was having difficulty wrapping it around my finger. She probably got a little impatient and ended up grabbing the band aid and helping me instead. I was still happy inside because her initial reaction of worry and concern were obvious enough for me.

"I'll cut the rest. You just tell me what to do." She took the knife and started chopping up the meat.

"Be careful. Do it slowly. I don't want you to get hurt." I said as I watched her do her thing. Lucky she was really careful. I could tell she tried to slow down.

"Okay now all is chopped up and the rice is ready, we can just throw the meat in then the rice and kimchi." I said as I heated the pan up.

"I want to try." She said and I just watch her cook the meat. I poured the rest of the ingredients in and let her stir for awhile, adding some seasoning as well.

"It's done!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Try it!" I could tell she was overly excited as she picked up a spoon and held it up for me. I'm not sure if she meant to feed me but I gladly opened my mouth.

"Mmm. Not bad for your first try." I said. She smiled.

"Thank you." She said.

"How are you going to thank me?" I asked cheekily, my face moving closer to hers even though I know she wouldn't do anything.

"I'll wash up." She took the pan and hurried out. This girl.

We ate and ended washing the dishes together. How could I let her wash them alone?

"I should probably go." She said after we were done.

"Dessert!" I said as I grabbed some ice cream and handed one to her. I didn't want the day to end so soon and I know she'll stay for ice cream.

We sat on the couch and watched tv while eating our ice cream. I would steal glances at her. Seeing her safe and calmly eating ice cream made me feel at ease too.

"It's late. I really shoould get going." She said after awhile. Does she want to leave so badly?

"I'll walk you home." I said as I took my stuff, not wanting her a chance to reject my offer.

Our journey back was a quiet one yet again... I'm already starting to get used to it. It's been awhile since we spent the day together. So many things have happened. I believe Young being more reserved now has something to do with all that. I wish I could make her feel better, have her back to being bubbly and happy. I want her to smile because of me. I've disappointed her once, being such a lousy boyfriend. I shouldn't disappoint her again. Young ah, I'll win you back. I know you still have feelings for me even though you're distancing yourself and I'm not sure why.

When we arrived outside her home, I couldn't resist any longer. I plucked up my courage, cupped the back of her neck and kissed her lips. I don't really do such things when I'm fully sober but I miss her too much. Just when I thought she would continue the kiss, she struggled out of my embrace. I held on to her for awhile longer hoping she would just give in to the kiss. She struggled harder and eventually pushed me away. Why did she do that? I thought the feelings were mutual? 

"Why did you do that?!" She shouted and raised her palm and I instantly regretted my actions. Is she going to slap me for forcefully kissing her? Even if she did, I deserved it. Why did I lose control of myself?! Daehyun you're so dumb!