NO

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

 

I always thought girls would try and approach me and when they found that I wasn’t the type of guy they were hoping I would be, they would eventually leave me alone. I’m not even sure what they were looking for and I’m not interested to be their kind of guy. What are they even looking for anyways? Badass with humour? Badass but caring? Talkative? What?

 

Everyday she would talk to me. Her topics were always kind of random. She could go from food to the weather in an instant. She seldom brought up homework though because she could obviously see my interest in them. Why doesn’t she stop talking? I stopped her a few times because I was annoyed at her never ending blabber and she would shut up for awhile and then got back to talking again. I wonder what she eats everyday. How can someone be this talkative?!

 

“Can I be your friend? I promise you won’t ever feel lonely with me as your friend! Please?” Eunyoung made a pouty face which I had to admit, was cute and it was doing something to me but no. I don’t need friends, definitely not someone as noisy as her. I’ll never have peace then.

 

“No. Leave me alone.” I said, walking away from her.

 

“Why?!” She shouted and then went back to looking like a puppy.

 

“Just no.” I said as I sped up.

 

“That’s not a valid answer!” She caught up with me.

 

“I SAID NO. STOP FOLLOWING ME.” I halted my tracks and she collided to my back. She looked at me, hurt written all over her face. Sorry. Wait, why am I apologizing?! I then walked off and this time, she didn’t follow.

 

The next day, when I thought that she would finally give up, she appeared with a bun.

 

“For you. My mom made this. Try it and give me some feedback.” She held the bun out with two hands and smiled at me. To be honest, I wanted to take it and gobble it down because it smelt so darn good and I have not eaten but no. Someone like me don’t deserve such food. Why is she still trying? I ignored her.

 

“I’ll just put it here then.” She said sounding disappointed as she headed back to her seat. Why is she tempting me?

 

During break, I stuffed everything into my bag, including that bun, not that I wanted to but since it’s already on the table…

 

“So you’ve eaten it!” She said after noticing the bun was no longer there. Why is she bothering me again?! I took out my wallet and wanted to take out some cash, just taking as though I bought it from her but she stopped me.

 

“No no, I didn’t mean it that way. Is it good? I’m sure it is! My mom is the best chef!” She said rather proudly. I rolled my eyes.

 

“So since you’ve eaten it, I guess we’re friends?” She looked at me expecting some sort of positive reply.

 

“Should I vomit it out?” I asked her, feeling irritated and her endless chattering.

 

“Eww no! Hahaha!” She laughed like it was the funniest thing. This girl is not only a stupid busybody, she is also weird. A stupid weird busybody. Why does she always sound so cheerful? It’s annoying.

 

“I’ll not give up! One day you’ll see my sincerity!” She said, determined. Yeah whatever. Everyone who tried said the same thing but who lasted? None. No one lasted more than a week. I guess they all grew bored and annoyed and stopped trying eventually. This girl? I’d say give her three more days and she will give up.


 

THREE WEEKS! It’s been three weeks and she still haven’t leave me alone. I admire her persistence but what the hell?!

 

There was something different about her though. Other girls want to be friends with me because they probably thought it was cool to have a ‘badass’ as a friend to show off but somehow, I didn’t feel anything like that from Eunyoung. She actually seemed genuine. Others wanted to be friends with me for their advantage, though I’m not very sure why, but she, she was different. I could feel it. She was actually... caring and nice though really noisy. She treated me like a human being, not some trophy to model around with. She offered food to me because she wanted to share its taste with me, not that she was pitying me. The others? Probably offering only because it would seem like they were close to me.She would talk to me after school while walking out and she even tried sitting on the same table with me during breaks.

 

“Go away.” I said when I saw her approaching.

 

“What? This table doesn’t have your name. I can sit anywhere. Besides, friends sit together!” She gave me a smug look before planting her bum on the bench. I give up. I don’t think I can ever win her persistence.

 

“You’re eating just that?” She asked as she eyed my bread. I turned away, showing her that I did not want to have this conversation with her.

 

“Here! You’re lucky! My mom made kimchi fried rice today because my dad was craving for it. He sometimes have really random cravings but my mom wouldn’t mind cooking anything for my dad. I don’t mind sharing - Hey!” She called out for me as I stood up and walked away. I didn’t need to hear all the fluff that’s happening in her life, between her parents. Must she brag about her parents’ relationship? Then again, she was just mindlessly yapping away, I couldn’t really blame her since she doesn’t know anything. Aish this girl. Why do I feel bad treating her like that?

 

“Okay okay, Stop talking. I get it. I won’t disturb you. You were here first. I’ll leave…” She said, looking sad and moody, unlike her usual cheerful self. Damn, why must she make me seem like the bad one?

 

“Shut up and sit.” I reluctantly said to her. I didn’t even know why I bothered with her. Her expression changed 180 degrees in a split second. She smiled and sat in front of me, making a finger zipping shut action as she pushed the container of kimchi fried rice towards me. I bit my lip, preventing a smile from forming. She didn’t need to see that. How can one’s expression change that drastically?!


 

More time passed and we were sort of comfortable with each other presence. She still talked A LOT but at least she knew how to control when I gave her a look, which come to think of it, it got less frequent. I hate to admit it but I think I’m growing to accept her around me. Of course, I would never tell her that. She actually looked kinda adorable talking animatedly. Maybe she was really sincere in making friends with me? I don’t know. It’s hard to trust anyone here.


 

Eunyoung’s POV

 

To be completely honest, I didn’t know why I insisted on wanting to be friends with Daehyun. Somehow I feel that he’s not what everyone thinks. Although his words weren’t the nicest things to hear, I guess he meant no harm right? I mean, if he was that bad, he would have used harsher words or even actions? I don’t know but I just know I want to be friends with him. I feel happy talking to him even though he doesn’t really respond well. Then finally, after a few weeks, Daehyun didn’t seem as annoyed so I guess that makes us friends?

 

“Why do you look so chirpy today?” Mommy asked when I was all smiley and jumpy.

 

“Nothing?” I said but didn’t hide my smile.

 

“Lemme guess. Hoodie boy?” Mommy asked. How can she be so spot on? Ah. Maybe she was like that too with Daddy. Wait! Why am I even comparing myself and Daehyun with a married couple? I must be out of my mind.

 

“What?! Hoodie boy?! No!” I quickly denied and Mommy just gave me a shrug. What did that mean?

 

I went back to my room and changed out of my clothes to more comfortable ones and then laid on my bed with my phone in my hand looking at that particular number, Daehyun’s number. It was sneaky of me but I managed to get him to lend me his phone saying I need to call back home but my phone didn’t have battery. He mumbled something and then passed it to me. I then gave myself a miss call and viola! I got his number! I know it’s not right but… who cares? Friends should exchange numbers. Right?

 

Why do I feel so excited? Why is my heart beating so fast? Why is the room suddenly so warm? I don’t have any feelings for Daehyun, do I? Nah. Must be the weather.



 

Fifteen minutes. I’ve been staring at my phone screen for fifteen minutes ever since we had our dinner. Daehyun’s name was on my screen, together with his contact number. Should I call? Should I text? What should I say? I thought as I bit my lower lip. My heart was going crazy. Is it even possible for it to be beating at such a speed?!

 

‘Hi.’ I finally typed something out only to have it erased again. Why is it so hard to start a conversation?

 

‘Hey. :)’ I typed and then stared at my screen for awhile again, finger just above the ‘send’ key. Will it be weird if I just talk to him like that?

 

“Boo!” I got a shock and my phone almost slipped out of my fingers.

 

“Oppa!! You scared me!” I tried to whack his head but he dodged it.

 

“Haha! Should have seen your face. So, hey with a smiley face huh.” Oppa gave me a sickening look as he sat beside me on the couch.

 

“Why are you peeking at my screen!” I scolded.

 

“Who’s Daehyun? Your classmate? Boy problems?” Baekie Oppa asked. Gosh, I should have waited till I was in my room.

 

“No one. Nothing.” I said as I returned to my phone’s home screen.

 

“I’m your brother. You think I won’t know what’s going on? Who is he?” He asked, suddenly sounding like an older brother, all protective and stuff.

 

“Just someone from my class.” I mumbled. When oppa was in his ‘big brother mode’, it made spilling things very easily. Some things were just to weird telling mom or dad.

 

“Well, just send it to him.” Oppa said. What? I looked at him with imaginary question marks all over my face.

 

“Just text him. It’s no big starting a conversation. It’s not like you would lose anything if you text him right?” Oppa tried to convince me.

 

I went back to my room, still staring at my phone. Eunyoung, you coward. I ended up deleting the text, not mentally prepared to hold a conversation with him through text messaging…

 

 

Updating because BAP WON!!! So happy and proud! :)

Is there anyone still reading this? I'm not getting much feedback so I'm not sure how is the fic~ 

Anyway, I did a dance cover of Young, Wild & Free and would like to share my cover with you guys! Feel free to PM me or comment to have me send you the link of my cover. :)