Suspicions

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

My partner, Hyerin and I had to settle some gang stuff today but somehow, we couldn't come to an agreement with the other party and I ended losing my temper. I hurled profanities at the them and i guessed he got pissed too and called for back up. Even though it was just the two of us against a group of them, we couldn't back down without a fight. We started exchanging punches and blows but it was soon getting tiring. We were losing our strength no matter how well trained we were. 

"Look out!" Hyerin shouted and before I could do anything, she took the knife for me. My eyes widen in shock as one of them stabbed her abdomen area. I was stunned for a split second. Why would anyone do this for me? I didn't understand.

"Run!" She pushed me away. How can I just leave her here when she just took a knife for me? 

"Together." I said as I grabbed her hand and ran as fast as I could. 

"Hang in there." I said while running. I was a little surprised that they weren't following us. Probably because it was broad daylight and they didn't want to get caught.

"Turn in here." Hyerin panted when she saw an alley. I helped her sit when we reached.

"It looks bad. You need to go to the hospital." I said as I removed my hoodie and pressed it against her wound. 

"I'm fine. This is nothing compared to the past injuries I had. Thank you." She said. Thank me? 

"I should be the one thanking you instead. Why did you do that? I'm just an ordinary member. You're the boss daughter! I should be the one getting hurt instead of you!" I didn't understand why would anyone do such a thing. 

"You're my partner. We help each other." She said. 

"I'm sorry. It's my fault." I apologized. 

"Daehyun." I heard someone familiar call me, somehow I wished it wasn't her. 

"Y-young? What are you doing here?" I asked when I turned around and saw her. 

"It all made sense now." She said. What made sense? Why is that guy with her again? 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"Everything. Was she why you took me out on a date and treat me so well that day? She was the reason why you were always on your phone right? No wonder you were even afraid when you saw me holding your phone." She said as she teared but quickly wiped her tears away.

"What are you talking about?! She's just my partner." I said, feeling slightly fruatrated. Is she for real? I treated her well on a date and she suspects me?

"You didn't tell me your partner was a girl..." she added.

"What difference will it make?! It didn't matter. Were you following me because of this?!" I questioned, feeling angry now. 

"Why would you be worried if I followed you if you're not guilty?!" She argued. 

"I'm not guilty of anything!" I shouted back. I hate it when she doesn't trust me. Why is she even tailing me?! What if she gets hurt too?

"Fine then. Go back with me." She said as she grabbed my wrist.

"Can't you see she's hurt? She got hurt because of me. I'll go back with you after I know she's fine. Go back." I stated firmly as I held her hand that was grabbing me. I didn't do anything wrong. 

"Fine. You made your choice. Do whatever you want. That's it!" She yelled in my face as she removed her grip.

"Daehyun, maybe you should-" that guy said but I wasn't in the mood to hear what an outsider had to say. He was adding oil to the fire, my already raging mood.

"Shut up! It's none of your damn business so stay out of this!" I punched him in the face. 

"Daehyun! What is wrong with you?! Are you okay?" She shouted at me and then ask that guy if he was okay. I rolled my eyes and my fist stayed clenched. It was just a punch. What the hell. Did she have to push me away to protect another guy in front of my face?! 

"I'm so disappointed in you." She said and she left with that guy. Was that line really necessary? Did she really have to say that? 

"Maybe you should go after her. I'm really fine. I'll just call someone to get me." Hyerin said. I then realised she was still around. 

"It's fine. I can't leave you here alone. I'm responsible for your wound. Besides, I didn't do anything wrong. I made myself very clear to her." I said. 

"But she's upset. You should probably humour her." She replied. 

"She's upset because of her imagination, not me." I said.

"But still, she's your girlfriend." She reasoned.

"I'll do something later. She has to cool down first. Enough about her. Let's get you back." I said.

When we got back, the nurses were rushing about, trying to treat her wound as soon as possible. 

"Please don't tell my father." She said. 

"Tell me what? That you got hurt?!" Boss entered the room.

"Father... I'm fine." She said as she tried to get up.

"I'm sorry she got hurt because of me." I said and the next thing i knew, my abdomen was in pain. He kicked me. I deserved it. 

"Father stop!! Please! It's not his fault!" Hyerin stepped in. 

"One more time she gets hurt because of you, it won't just be a kick." He warned me.

"Yes Boss! I'm sorry." I held my head low. I was very thankful that he let me off this easily. I expected worse.

"Thank you for helping me." I said to Hyerin. 

"I just told the truth so stop beating yourself over it. I'm fine." She smiled. 

"I owe you one." I said. 

"Don't be such a sissy. Go back to your girlfriend. " She reminded me. 

"You know, you're really lucky, if it was you who took the stab, it could have been fatal with your build." The doctor cut in. Wait what? I would have died from that? And we're not even super close and Hyerin took the knife for me without thinking?!

 "Are you feeling okay? I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, just say it. I will do it to repay you. " I said.

"It hurts a little but I've been through worse. Don't worry about me. Go go." She shooed me away. 

"Take care and call me if anything happens." I said as I headed out. Now that I was alone. Today's events came crashing in my mind as I walked around alone.

I must really look like a ty person to Young because when I do something nice for her, she suspects the hell out of me. How can she say those words to me when I tried so hard to make up for neglecting her? How can she not trust me?

'I'm so disappointed in you.' Kept repeating in my head. Does she know how much her words hurt me? I've done nothing wrong but why do I feel like I'm the bad guy here? Will she ever see me as a good person? Or is it because I'm in a gang now and her impression of me changed? 

I didn't have the chance to look at my phone the entire day so I took it out. Nothing. No messages or calls from Young. I don't know what to feel now. I feel like I'm supposed to be pissed at her for even suspecting me but her words hurt me more than I could feel anything else. Then there was that stupid . Didn't I tell her not to hang out with him? Aish! Thinking about it makes my blood boil. Why doesn't she listen to me?!

Screw it. I'm not heading back today. 

 

Eunyoung's POV

 It's two in the morning. I have school tomorrow and here I am tossing and turning in bed. I couldn't sleep. Every time I try to sleep, my mind drifts off to the images I didn't want to see, Daehyun holding hands with the girl and how the hoodie was now soaked in her blood. The fact that he's not back is keeping me up too but I'm still upset with him. How can he talk to me like I'm the one who is at fault? How can he just punch anyone like that? Jaehyun told me it hurts and I saw a bruise forming. Why did Daehyun always had to resort to violence?

When Mommy asked if Daehyun was coming back for dinner, I said no without asking him and I didn't like that I was right, he really didn't come back for dinner. I wanted to text him but Jaehyun told me to let him cool down first and not to give in so soon because I'm not wrong. The thought of him spending time with another girl makes me agitated all over again. They're probably going to spend a lot of time together now that he's not home.

What is happening to us? Why are things turning out this way? Why do I have an uncomfortable feeling about this? 

 

Author's note 

All the while Eunyoung feels that Daehyun only has her and Himchan to go to for comfort if he needed any. Now that he has someone else in his life (which is not as serious as what Eunyoung think it is) she cannot accept the fact. She has gotten possessive and Daehyun trusting other people especially a girl when she feels that Daehyun hasn't full open up to her makes her feel that way. She feels replacable. The thing is that the both of them don't communicate (conversations and feelings were all done in their head) which is why Young starts suspecting and feeling insecure and Daehyun doesn't understand why she's suddenly becoming crazy. This was what I was trying to show in the past few chapters which was a little tricky to read and express because in the Character POV, they probably don't know. 

 

Somehow I always enjoy typing couple arguments hahaha. Anyone has got good BAP x OC fics that are completed or know of any, do recommend me! I'm craving to read some BAP stuff.