Special Day

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

It’s Saturday today and I was feeling bored and restless. I seriously have got no life. All I want to do is to spend my day with Daehyun. It kinda when I have nothing to do. I stared at my phone as I laid in bed. I then decided to message Daehyun.

Half an hour passed and he didn’t reply any of my messages. I was starting to feel moody. I know he must have his things going on but can’t he just tell me if he’s busy? Then I would never have bothered him. 

I decided to annoy him since he didn’t say anything and I was just looking for something to do. If he scolds me, I’ll take it later. I called him four times and not once did he answer his phone. After the fourth time, his phone was engaged. DID HE TURN OFF HIS PHONE?!

“Stupid Daehyun!” I cursed as I threw my phone on my bed and almost got a heart attack when it almost bounced off my bed. Stupid me.

I then headed down to the kitchen to get myself a drink.

“Wow… Who got you so moody today?” Mommy asked when I closed the fridge door with more force than usual. I made a grumpy face.

“Ice cream?” She asked. I wasn’t in the mood for anything. I shook my head.

“Is everything okay?” She asked when she heard me reject ice cream.

“Daehyun is not answering my messages and calls! It’s almost an hour already!” I almost slammed the mug on the table top.

“What? One hour?” Mommy clarified. I nodded.

“Oh Darling, he might have something important to do. Besides, one hour is no big deal. Your daddy sometimes only reply me after 12 hours.” Mommy chuckled.

“TWELVE HOURS?! THAT’S MEAN!” I said.

“He’s usually flying or at work when he does that.” Mommy explained.

“Mommy! Then it’s different! Daddy still replies you!” I argued. Mommy chuckled again.

“I know. But did it came across your mind that he could be really busy? After all, it’s only been an hour.” Mommy said. Did she not know the seriousness of this?

“ONE HOUR IS A LONG TIME!” I exclaimed.

“Oh I forgot, honeymoon couples. Anything longer than a few seconds is considered long.” Mommy said. I made a face. It’s not true. I think.

“Why don’t you wait a little while longer? Since you’ve already waited.” Mommy said.

“Fine. But he is going to be responsible for this!” I frowned and headed away. I could hear Mommy faint laughter.

I went back to my room and restlessly rolled around in bed. Before i know it, I fell asleep. I guess I’m just gonna laze around the whole day...


Daehyun’s POV

After hanging out with the gang, I learnt new stuff from them apart from being intimidating and other stuff. The guys actually taught me some stuff about girls. They shared a lot with me but of course, I only hear the good ones. They said I needed help after hearing some of my stories. I didn’t share a lot because I wanted to keep it special, between the both of us but even just hearing a few of my stories, they all agreed I need help. I must really be a bad boyfriend. How does Eunyoung not mind at all? Or maybe she minded but just didn’t want to tell me… After hearing them and having them impart their knowledge to me, I needed to do something. They said girls love surprises and I recalled Young loves them so much. I should plan a surprise for her.

It’s actually our six months together this Saturday. I don’t even know how I know such stuff. But even if it’s not, a random surprise doesn’t hurt. In order not to spoil my surprise, I lessen my contact with her. I didn’t want to accidentally reveal anything.

I didn’t know what to do for her. She has everything. Bringing her to a fancy restaurant is not something I would do. She’ll probably suspect where I got the money from. I did what I usually do, consult the web and then decided on a picnic with her. It’s something we didn’t do before and I believe she wouldn’t suspect anything and I just need to prepare food which I’m thankful that she loves them.

I wonder how do the other guys do it. How can they ignore their girlfriend’s texts and calls? I feel so guilty. I didn’t want to turn off my phone but Young left me no choice. She kept calling me and I feel bad for not taking her calls. Fortunately she texted me before calling me so I know that it wasn’t anything urgent, she was just asking for me. I hope she will not be mad at me.

I made my way to her home with a bag filled with food. I even got her a piglet plushie. I hope she likes it. I pressed her doorbell and her mom opened the door with a smile. 

“Hello Auntie. Is Eunyoung home?” I bowed and greeted her.

“She’s in her room. Nice to see you. Did you both get everything sorted out?” Her mom asked. Sorted out? Was there anything that needs sorting out? Even though I stayed over her place more often, I still can’t get used to the fact that her mom is such a nice person. Young sure is blessed.

“Sorry?” I asked.

“Oh she was being a baby just now no worries. Go and look for her.” Her mom said. I bowed again and headed towards her room. I knocked on the door but there wasn’t any reply. I then invited myself in. When I went it, she was sleeping. Sleeping at this timing?

“Young… Young-ah.” I tapped her shoulder lightly. She ignored me and faced the other direction.

I lifted up her arm carefully and made her hug the piglet plushie. I smiled when she squeezed it immediately.

“Hey Young… Wake up… I got food.” I said.

“I’m not hungry. Let me sleep.” She slurred.

“But I’m here… I prepared a lot for us.” I replied.

“I don’t want to eat now!” She shouted with her eyes closed. Is she sleep talking or was she really awake? Did she know what she was saying?

“I thought you wanted to meet me today?” I asked.

“Who are you?” She didn’t reply my question.

“Daehyun.” I replied.

“Daehyun? DAEHYUN?! Why are you here?” She asked as she shot up which gave me a little shock.

“I came to eat with you of course.” I replied. She frowned at me and then threw the piglet plushie at my face. I could only take it. I guess I must have upset her.

“Let’s go out.” I suggested. She said nothing but folded her arms grumpily. Yup, her mom was right. She’s definitely being a baby now.

“Why didn’t you reply my texts or picked up my calls? It didn’t seem you were busy because you’re here now. You even turned off your phone right?!” She questioned. I can’t help but think for a moment what if in future she’s my wife and she questions me like that.

“It’s meant to be a surprise! I didn’t want to give it away so I ended not telling you anything. I’m sorry. Don’t be mad at me. I got you this!” I said as I tried to sit beside her on her bed and handed her the piglet again.

“You can’t sit!” She took the plushie from me and pushed my off her bed, making me stand. I fell on my a few days back and it hurt a little. I tried to hide the pain.

“I’ve got a surprise!” I said as I held up a bag.

“What’s that?” She asked. I knew this would get her attention.

“Something you’ll like. I can’t show you here. Let’s go out.” I said. She looked like she was thinking deeply and seriously considering if she should go out with me. How can I convince her to go out with me? Somehow I can’t think of anything that would work!

“Forgive me already please?” I gave her a kiss on her cheek and she looked shocked.

“I didn’t say you can kiss me. Don’t think a kiss would resolve anything.” She held her cheeks. I can feel her giving in already. Why is she still playing angry? Unless she’s really angry this time?

“My kiss may mean nothing to someone else but I kissed you. There’s no way it wouldn’t resolve it.” I said. Is this considered sweet talking? This is so difficult. She looked away. 

“Forget it. I can’t do this.” I had no confidence at all. It’s a fact that I was wrong. Why did I even listen to their advice? I should have known Young is a different girl.

“What were you trying to do?” She asked.

“This thing. It was meant to be a surprise but it seemed you got really mad. I’m sorry. I’ll come back when you’re no longer mad at me…” I sulked.

“You know I can’t stay mad at you for long. I love you!” She hugged my arm as she smiled at me. Hearing that made me smile too.

“Were you gonna bring me somewhere? Let’s go! But let me change first! I’ll be quick!” She squeezed my cheeks and ran out even waiting for my reply.

“Where are you bringing me to? Is it a date? What should I wear?” She asked excitedly as she reversed her direction.

“Wear something comfortable. We’ll be sitting on the floor.” I replied.

“So it’s a date?” She asked.

“Yes, it’s a date.” I replied.

“Yay! Okay!” She cheered and ran towards the bathroom.

“I’m done! Let’s go!” She said as she pulled me up from her bed and took the bag which I took it from her.

“No peeking!” I lightly slapped her hand away. She made a face and then skipped down.

“I’m going out! Bye Mommy!” Young said as she quickly wore her shoes. 

“Be safe!” Her mom replied.

“Goodbye Auntie.” I bowed and greeted her too before leaving with Young.

“Are you really not telling me where we’re going? She asked. 

“You’ll find out later.” I said as I took her palm into mine, holding hands. She made a face but did not question further.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have listened to them and ignore your calls.” I apologized again.

“Them? Who?” She asked. . I just accidentally spilled information.

“Just some friends.” I replied.

“At least tell me you’re busy or something. I’ll understand.” She pinched my cheek without much strength. Why is she so nice to me?

“I’m sorry for throwing a tantrum too… I.. I guess I was just being a b-” I covered . 

“Don’t insult what’s mine.” I frowned, not liking whatever she was thinking. She kissed my palm. I don’t even know why I said that. Mixing with them must have made me braver.

We reached the Han River and found a nice shady place to sit for a picnic. She was so excited, she set up everything and quickly removed the food from the bag and laid them out on the mat.

“WOW!!” She exclaimed when the bag was like a bottomless pit with never ending food flowing out. Cute.

“6th? What? Am I the sixth girl you brought here and used this trick?” She asked with a hint of mischief when she saw a cupcake with icing.

“No!! Guess again.” I said, flicking her hair.

“Your 6th batch of cupcakes that you finally succeeded in baking?” She teased and laughed aloud.

“YOUNG!” Why is she out to tease me?

“Okay okay, serious guessing this time. Is it our 6th month?” She asked, face so close to mine with a hopeful look.

“Woah! You knew?” I asked, I was a little surprised.

“Erm… Not really. I just thought of it. Sorry.” She looked down, feeling guilty.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m not mad.” I replied, caressing her hair.

“I thought you didn’t care about stuff like that.” She looked at me. She wasn’t trying to be sarcastic but rather, she sounded curious.

“It just came to my mind a few days ago. I don’t even know how.” I told her the truth.

“Thank you…” She smiled at me and then her smile changed. Before I know it, one of the cupcakes with the most cream on it was smashed on my cheek. She laughed.

If this person wasn’t Young, she would never get away with this or maybe it wouldn’t even happen because I would be able to dodge it. But because it’s her… I realised I let my guard down and took no precaution. I don’t see it as a bad thing though. I took the cream and wiped it on her face too. She whined. Revenge is sweet, literally. 

She ate and teased me by feeding me and putting it into instead. Seeing her happy and enjoying herself makes me feel warm too. I really hope her emotions are real. 

“Ah I’m feeling lazy. Can I lie on you?” She asked. Actually, I’ve gotten a lot better with her skinship. As long as I know she’s near me, I would not be so tensed about it but she never fail to get my permission. I nodded as I pulled her in, her head resting on my chest.

“Urghh!” I groaned. How can I forget about that bruise there? She sat up immediately. Here comes the questions.

“What happened? I didn’t use a lot of force. Did you get hurt again? I’m looking at it.” She said as she pulled the tee down, revealing more than my collarbone.

“DAEHYUN! This looks like someone used a pole on you!” She fussed.

“It’s not-” She cut me off.

“Don’t tell me it’s nothing! It’s your parents right? They did this to you right?! Why are you still helping them to keep mum about it?! This is the worst I’ve seen! Did they injure your too?!” As much as I was feeling a little guilty, I was actually touched. It wasn’t my parents. It was the gang fights but she didn’t need to know. It doesn’t make a difference. She saw my face when my was hurting?! 

“Daehyun, why don’t you move out from there? You don’t need them to keep harming your life.” She suggested seriously.

“I don’t want to trouble hyung.” I said.

“Move in with me then! I have a spare room anyway. I’m sure Mommy won’t object.” She sounded really determined. 

“No no, that’s worse. I’ll be troubling your entire family. I really appreciate that you offered me a place to stay just to keep me away from my parents but I’m already used to it.” I shook my head. 

“I’ll ask Mommy now. If she agrees, you can’t say no.” She said firmly.

“Young please.” I said. I’m not even sure what am I pleading about.

“It’s not that I’m forcing you, okay maybe I am but it’s for your good! I don’t want you to keep getting beaten up by them! Does the fact that you have to live with my family disgusts you?” She asked, voice full of hurt.

“Of course not! I really didn’t think of it that way. I just really don’t want to impose.” I cupped her cheek.

“It’s no trouble at all I promise!” She said as she called her mom. She walked away from me for a moment to talk with her mom before coming back with all smiles.

“Mommy agreed!” She beamed as she sat beside me again.

“What about your dad?” I asked. Her dad is the scarier one.

“Mommy will settle him. Trust me. It’s gonna be fine and I get a new housemate!” She sounded so happy with her arrangement that I can’t even bare to turn her down. 

“Are your parents home?” She asked.

“I don’t think so. They’re seldom home during this timing. Probably gambling or something.” I replied.

“Great! Let’s go to your home and get your stuff.” She said as she started packing up. SAY WHAT?!

I really hope everything is going to be fine. Look at what my lie did… What happened to our 6th?

So nice to see that I have readers from all over and us watching BAP at different places!