Trouble

Will Our Love Change?

Eunyoung's POV

Sleeping alone without Daehyun was harder than I thought after being with him for the past few days... I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep but all that was in my head was the feeling that I was being touched. I could feel his palms around my thighs, around my abdomen area... My hands were stiff, like I couldn't move. How am I going to fall asleep like this?

'It's not real, it's not real! Snap out of it!' I forced myself to think before his palms could reach any higher. I need to stop being so weak. The incident has already been the past. I cannot let Daehyun's time and effort go to waste. I finally managed to convince myself to stop letting my thoughts control me. I can do this...  Think happy thoughts. After what Daehyun has done with me and for me, I shouldn't even be sparing a single thought of that scoundrel. Yes, this is it. Think about Daehyun. Think about today. He really was very sweet to me. I missed the times we shared together. I really should have trusted my instincts from the very start. Daehyun is a good person. My mind started creating scenarios that consisted of the both of us spending time together at home, how blissful I picture us to be. I eventually fell asleep.

As I predicted, I really had a nightmare about the incident. I was shocked awake and my heart was beating rapidly. I really want to get better. I looked at the time, it was about four in the morning. I tried calming myself down but I was still in shock. Why am I so useless? I my room light and sat on the one seater couch. I took deep breaths. I was feeling tired but I couldn't sleep now. I glanced around my room and my eyes landed on the floor. It really seemed like the floor was like a safe place but I really couldn't sleep there today if not whatever happened during the past few days would have been wasted. What should I do?

Daehyun! He said to call him if I needed him. I feel bad that I always have to resort to finding him for help yet not being able to treat him like before. I'm really disappointed with myself. I took my phone and dialed his number. I'll call only once. If he doesn't pick up I will not disturb him.

"What?" He answered after the third ring. He woke up! He sounded slightly grumpy. I would sound like that too if someone woke me up from my sleep.

"Daehyun..." I called him. 

"Young? What's up? Can't sleep?" He asked, sounding worried, his earlier grumpy tone was gone.

"Yeah. I really tried to go back to sleep but I can't. I 'm sorry for disturbing your sleep. I shouldn't have called..." I replied, feeling guilty. I shouldn't have called him...

 

Daehyun's POV 

My phone rang while I was asleep. This better be good.

"What?" I answered. When I realised it was Young on the other line, I sat up, feeling worried instead.

"I'm supposed to be up anyway. Where are you?" I lied. I still had about an hour and half before my alarm rings.

"In my room, on the couch. Why?" She replied.

"Alright. Wait there. I'll come over." I replied, getting out of bed. I wanted to know if she would have gone back to lying on the floor again...

"No no! It's fine! I just... It's really fine! You don't need to come over. I'm trying to go to bed anyway. I'm already feeling better after calling you." She said. I smiled after knowing she turned to me when she was scared. 

"I thought I could do it... Apparently not." She muttered.

"You're doing great. Don't be impatient. Things like this take time." I replied while I got ready. I know she really wants to get well but I don't like how it's making her feel like she's not good enough. 

 "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Talking to you." I stated the obvious.

"Am I bothering you?" She asked again.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Yes?" She asked, sounding uncertained.

"I wouldn't have asked you to call me if I'm worried that you'll bother me." I said.

"Why do you always have to be like this? You could have just said no." She grumbled.

"What fun would that be?" I asked, smiling at her reply.

"Meanie." She replied.

"Are you feeling sleepy?" I asked.

"Yeah. But I can't sleep." She replied.

"Hold on." I said as I put her on speaker while I changed my clothes.

"Are you busy?" She asked after I told her I was done.

"No. I'll read you something. You'll get bored and hopefully fall asleep." I said.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Go lie down on your bed." I said.

"...Alright..." She paused before replying. I started reading the newspaper to her in a dull and boring tone. I thought it would work but she couldn't stop having conversations about the random topics that were in the news.

"Young, stop talking. You just need to listen." I said.

"But it's rude!" She argued.

"So do you want me to continue or not?" I asked.

"Yes!" She replied enthusiastically.

"Then you stop talking, close your eyes and listen." I said. She never stop talking. I also gave up asking her to fall asleep. It's just a phone call but I really liked the feel of this, just talking to her makes me warm inside.

It's been awhile since we last chatted for this long. I was heading to the bakery to get some breakfast and she was accompanying me.

"Are you sleeping already?" I asked. 

"Hmmm..." She slurred.

"Alright. Good night." I said.

"No no! I'm not sleeping yet. Don't hang up." She said, sounding awake again. This girl... 

"Hold on." I said as I ordered some pastries for the both of us. I would have taken her out to have breakfast with me but her ankle still hurts. 

"You're getting breakfast?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

We talked somemore but I could tell she was really getting sleepy. On one hand I really wanted her to fall asleep but on the other hand, I really wanted to continue talking with her.

"Young. Open the door." I said when I reached her place.

"What?" She asked as though she couldn't believe I was outside.

"I'm outside. Open." I told her.

After a few moments, the door opened.

"I thought I told you you didn't have to come?" She said. I could tell she was actually happy that I came. Waking up early for her was worth it then.

"Someone couldn't sleep without me." I .

"I-I was falling asleep just fine." She replied, feeling embarrassed.

"So should I leave then?" I asked. She bit her lips, not saying anything. I shook my head.

"Eat with me." I said as I held her arm and walked her to her dining table. She obediently ate breakfast with me.

"I thought you had things on early today?" She asked me.

"Yeah. But you don't need to worry." I said. I would probably get into trouble reporting late but nothing matters more than her now especially when she is starting to put her trust on me.

"Go back to sleep." I said as I helped her up to her room.

"I can't sleep after eating! I'll get fat." She protested.

"I don't care. Sleep." I told her.

"You're not leaving?" She asked as I sat on the couch beside her bed.

"I'll leave after you sleep." I said as I covered her face with the blanket.

She held my hand and turned and faced away from me.

"Thank you..." She said softly. I smiled. This girl must be feeling shy. I hope you'll always look for me whenever you need comfort.

 

 

"What took you so long? The boss is not happy!" One of my closer buddies said when I reached the gang's hideout.

"Sorry I was held up. Where is Boss? I'll explain to him." I said.

"He went out. You're lucky Boss's daughter took care of it for you." He said. I made a mental note to thank Hyerin later.

"Hyung! Hyung!" One of the guys who's now under me called me.

"Hyung, I'm sorry! You have to help me!" He looked like he was in the verge of crying.

"What happened?" I asked.

"The money... is gone! Boss is going to kill me! Hyung you really need to help me!" He said, grabbing my arm.

"What? How?" I asked.

"I did as you told me. I took a cab home but when I alighted, I forgot to take the money with me. I called the cab company but they say I had to prove the money is mine. You know how we got the money! I can't prove anything... Hyung I'm sorry! You have to help me!" He said almost getting down on his knees.

"Get up first. I'll figure something out. How could you be so careless?" I ended up saying. I can't just leave him in the lurch. Afterall, if he gets in trouble, I will be implicated too...

"Thank you Hyung! I'm sorry. I was distracted with my family stuff." He explained.

"I don't care how you do it, delay them for a few days. I'll think of something." 15 grand.... Where am I going to find this sum of money?

 

  I was distracted for the entire day. It's not a small amount... I can't expect myself to rob or steal even though being in a gang is already bad enough. What would Young think of me?

"Daehyun? What happened?" Himchan Hyung asked once he reached home. The table was already filled with cans of beer.

"Hyung. Do you have cash?" I asked.

"Yeah. How much do you need?" My eyes lit up. I have hope!

"$15 000" I said like it was $500.

"Are you crazy? What makes you think I have that amount with me? I thought you would need a couple of hundreds at most..." hyung said as he opened a can of beer and joined me. At once, it felt like there was cold water poured all over me.

"At least its better than nothing..." I took a gulp of beer.

"What happened?" He asked. I explained what happened.

"That's simple." He said and I was waiting for him to continue his words but he just stopped.

"Your solution is?" I asked.

"Ask Hyerin to help." He said.

"I don't think she'll be able to help me. Besides, I don't want to drag her into this." I said. My mood was dampened, again.

"Oh! I know." He said. I almost punched him when he just stopped there.

"You do know you have a rich girlfriend right?" He said. Yup, I should have punched him.

"I can't touch her. She can't know about this." I stated the obvious.

"And she's not my girlfriend." I muttered as an afterthought.

"But she's the only one that can help you now. It's urgent anyway. The only other way is to borrow from loansharks which I would strongly discourage you to since it wasn't even your fault and owing Young money would be a billion times better than owing someone else's money. It's not that I want you to take advantage of her and knowing you, you'll return her anyway. Besides, you can also use this to stay close to her, as a form of gratitude or something. Regardless, I can't think of this as a bad idea." Hyung said.

"It does sound like the best solution but I'm sure I'll come up with another way. I'm not borrowing from Young. End of discussion. You sound like I'm selling myself to her." I said. 

"Why are you so stubborn..." Hyung said but kept quiet after that.

It just didn't cross my mind to ask Young for help especially if it's money matters. Now that it even concerns the gang, I would never ask her for help in this sort of situation. There must be another way...