Failure

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun's POV

"Hyerin can you please put in more effort? I can't practise if you're like this." I voiced out, hoping not to sound too rude because after all, she's the boss's daughter. 

"I would've if you at least let us take a break. You've been at it for hours. I'm tired..." She pouted a little. Okay now she's making me feel guilty.

"You're right. Sorry. Let's take a five minute break." I suggested.

"WHAT? NO. We're done for the day. If you're gonna continue this, I don't even think you'll be able to lift a muscle when the day comes." She said. Now it's my turn to turn sulky. 

I'm not sure if I would regret suggesting the fight but since I already did, I just have to make sure I win it. Ever since that day, I've been practising with my members but mostly with Hyerin because she knew my moves best. She would know how to block me, making it harder for me to fight back. Judging from our past encounters, I realised I never really exchange blows with him before. I was always the one attacking him. If I could turn back time, I wish I would have broken some of his bones when I had the chance to since Young wouldn't believe me either way... what did he feed her that made her trust him so much? As much as I didn't want to think that way, was it the fancy dates and the high class dresses? But its not like she couldn't afford them so why?

 

It was finally THE day. Hyerin wanted to tag along because she felt like that jerk will be up to no good. We agreed that she would stay hidden outside and would only come in if I signalled her to come to my aid. Otherwise, she would just be watching from outside.

"Remember. Only when I tell you to okay? I don't want Young to think that I'm playing dirty." I reminded her. 

"I know I know. Be careful." She told me. I nodded and headed in.

I didn't really expect him to bring Young to witness this match. She didn't like such stuff and if she really loved him, she wouldn't want to witness all these gore.

"Other than it's a one on one match, there are no other rules." I said.

"I disagree. You will kill him!" She almost shouted. I really wish I could kill him. Did she really care that much about him? Am I really forgotten? As much as that was my plan, it still doesn't feel good...

"Fine. Till one of us taps out."

"If I win, you will not bother Eunyoung anymore." That bastard said.

"That is if you win. If I win, you'll disappear from her side." Now I really need to win  this.

"What is this?! Since when was I the bet?! I'm not some trophy for you guys to win! I'm leaving." Leave Young. But before she could leave that bastard said a bunch of disgusting crap which I wished I could have punched his mouth or something.

"I am not taking you as a trophy. I'm not even asking you to come back to me. I'm just making sure he leaves you. You can date anyone else, just not him." I didn't mean to sound like I hated her but it was for the best. The purpose was just to get him to leave her, it didn't matter if she was by my side or not, I just want her to be free and away from him. I think I would be slightly more okay with her being with someone else even if that someone else is not me.

I then started the first move. I don't know why Young was always so near us. I was afraid we would hit her by accident. The last thing I want is for her to get hurt. Lucky that told her to move away. Did he want to be the good guy in front of her?

After awhile, while we were grabbing and attacking each other, I felt like I was having the upper hand, he suddenly whispered to me.

"Oops, I didn't tell the both of you did I? I'm a black belt." I could hear the smirk. Before I could punch him in the face, he was attacking me already. Dammit! He was punching and kicking me and I was on the floor. I then spotted Hyerin outside, giving me a worried look. I subtly shook my head, telling her to stay out of this. I was feeling pissed but I was also losing stamina. Why didn't I have more practice?! I cannot afford to lose this match. I don't mind sacrificing for Young's safety. She's more important than me.

I didn't know how it happened but he managed to drag me towards Young. I didn't know what was his motive of doing that but I didn't like how weak I was in front of her. She looked worried. I think she would still be worried if either of us were at the losing end because she is just nice like that.

He suddenly headlocked me and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I started struggling and accidentally hit Young by mistake. I asked her if she was okay, sounding more worried than I expected. I was a little relieved that she nodded.

Before I knew it, I was on the floor again. My body hurts like crazy and I didn't have the energy but I cannot give up. I need to win.

"Jaehyun stop! Daehyun tap out! Please!" We both didn't do what Young asked. I'd rather be beaten than to have Young stay with him.

He continued to attack me while I could only attempt to block his hits. He didn't listen to Young and I don't even know why. I don't even think he really loves her. Is his pride that important? If the 'prize' wasn't Young, I believe I would actually stopped if she asked me to but for now, I just have to hang in there.

"Don't come near!" I tried to shout when I saw her trying to interfere and drag that bastard away to prevent him from attacking me further. I don't want her to get hurt because of me. I know he wouldn't stop and he wouldn't really care if he injured her in the process of bringing me down.

"Oh? You're still not tapping out?" He stepped on my arm and the pressure just kept increasing. I was actually afraid he would crush my bones. Little did I know that I was actually yelling in pain.

"I SAID STOP!! STOP!! STOP HURTING HIM!! I'LL GO WITH YOU. I WON'T SEE DAEHYUN AGAIN. JUST STOP!" His foot was no longer stepping on my arm because Young pushed him away.

Young came to me and embraced me. I felt like a loser in her arms. I stained her with my blood.  I didn't even have the energy to push her away...

"There!" She shouted as she used my other arm to tap out. No... Why did she do it? I lasted so long because of her. Why did it have to end like this? I couldn't even prevent her from giving herself to him. If only I held on longer.

"I'm sor-ry- I'm sorry I failed to - to protect you... I couldn't - couldn't save you." I really hate myself. This match was to help her, not to harm her. I practically just pushed her to her nightmare.

"I'm sorry Daehyun. I'm so so sorry. I should have listened to you." She cried. No, I should have listened to you. I wanted to wipe her tears but my hands were covered in blood...

"Daehyun!" I forgot Hyerin was outside. She ran towards me.

That dragged Young away by her arm. How can he treat her like that! I tried to shout but he ignored me. Young didn't even look back as he pulled her along...

"Don't cry. I'm not dead yet." I tried to joke. I was actually feeling really tired and weak.

"Don't joke about such stuff. I'll get you to the hospital." She said.

"Don't. Just bring me back. I'm sure our doctors can help me." I talked slowly.

"But..." She hesitated before agreeing to my request.

 

I'm really worried about Young now. I don't know what he will do to her. She showed too much concern for me. He is bound to hurt her because he fiinally revealed his true colours. He has nothing to hide now. I'm so sorry Young...

I'm such a failure. I couldn't protect her when we were together. Now that I'm in a gang, I still didn't manage to protect her. Just what am I doing? Why am I so useless?

 

Eunyoung's POV

"I finally got rid of him and have you for myself. He overestimated himself thinking he can actually beat me." Jaehyun scoffed.

"Why? Why me? Why are you like this?" I asked, feeling defeated.

"No reason. I just collect girls like that. You have a really hot body. You're the fifth one which makes you even more special." He said, sounding like a sicko.

"Let me go. Please." I pleaded. I don't want to live this kind of life. He slapped me. No one has ever laid a palm on my face before.

"Don't even think about it! I took so much effort to win you from your boyfriend! I'm going to enjoy you." He shouted at me.

"I'll give you money! How much do you want?" I cried.

"You will definitely give me money and maybe other things but you cannot run away from me. I gave you so much, I loved you so much yet all you could see was that broke scum. I intend to keep you as mine. Now that you are mine, I wont let you go so easily." He said. Why didn't I believe Daehyun from the start? I only have myself to blame. I was blinded by his 'love'. I just wanted someone to fill in the space that Daehyun left. I didn't expect it to turn out this way...

"Oh, don't worry. Things will still be the same and you will not spread a single word about this. Any wrong move, I'll make sure your darling Daehyun will pay for whatever stupid stunt you intend to pull so you better be good. You saw what I am capable of so you better brush up your acting skills in front of your family." He squeezed my cheek tightly with his fingers.

"Am I clear?" I could only nod. I cannot let Daehyun get hurt becuase of me again. I can't lie to myself. I still love him.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION I EXPECT YOU TO ANSWER!" He yelled at my face as he pulled my hair.

"Yes..." I winced at the pain.

"Now stop crying. It's annoying." He said.

My life took a 180 degree turn and I could only blame myself. Why am I so stupid to think that someone will actually love me? It doesn't matter what Daehyun feels about me anymore. I don't deserve anything after what I've done.

 

Sorry if it's a bit repetitive. I really wanted to get Daehyun's POV out.